The 2010 Baltic Thread--Cruise Tips and Planning

How can they screw up chocolate in Europe?! Argh!

It really depends on what product Disney buys. There are wonderful ice cream bars like the Mickey bar available in Europe, mainly the "Magnum" ice cream bar. In the UK, the producer is called Wall's, in Germany "Langnese", in Sweden and Finland "GB Glace" in Denmark "Frisko".

That's the Magnum bar: http://www.loveicecream.com/uk_en/products/magnum/magnum_classics/34/default.aspx

I would recommend getting one in the ports! :goodvibes

We are blogging for the 3rd Baltic at dclbaltic.blogspot.com because I can update by email which may be more efficient on Internet time and access than trying to do it here with the weight of the dis site. We will do a trip report on dis when we get back. Thx to all the first and seconders for their information and tips. We are boarding this afternoon.

It really depends on what product Disney buys. There are wonderful ice cream bars like the Mickey bar available in Europe, mainly the "Magnum" ice cream bar. In the UK, the producer is called Wall's, in Germany "Langnese", in Sweden and Finland "GB Glace" in Denmark "Frisko".

That's the Magnum bar: http://www.loveicecream.com/uk_en/products/magnum/magnum_classics/34/default.aspx

I would recommend getting one in the ports! :goodvibes

They are really good. I liked them.

We are blogging for the 3rd Baltic at dclbaltic.blogspot.com because I can update by email which may be more efficient on Internet time and access than trying to do it here with the weight of the dis site. We will do a trip report on dis when we get back. Thx to all the first and seconders for their information and tips. We are boarding this afternoon.

Hey Cindy :wave2:

Thanks so much for doing this:thumbsup2
Just read about your London visit-what hotel did you stay in?

Will be checking your blog to see how things go:woohoo:

Bon Voyage:cheer2:

For al those we've promised to post pic of the Dream , you can find them here : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502313

Hehe, only 1 week and 5 more days to go !:banana:

You know, they sell Mickey bars here in Belgium in stores like "o'cool", so they do exist here in Europe, guess DCL didn't put in the effort to order them at the right place

Code:
Oh please dont mention about lost luggage....Yes, we flew with British Airway!!! Typical....

anyway, what a lovely story and very nice people did help you that they were very thoughful....

Because we were on Med 07 too and I was glad that three luggages went missing after we flew home to Scotland and we got it over a week...

we glad that it was not start of the cruise!!! I do remember on first day of Med Cruise Lady was screaming front of her husband (he look cool)... as her luggages went missing for 3 days...

I would not like that... I think in 07 that lots of luggage went missing... but this year should be FINE..... well I hope so

ps what date did you were cruising in Med 07?

Scottishwee35

Oh, Yes !! Horrible !
We've lost 1 of our 2 suitcases too, upon arrival in Barcelona in 07!! Luckely we were staying 2 days prior to the cruise in Barcelona, and just 10 min before we took the bus to transfer us to the Magic it showed up at our hotel!! :cool1:
If not, I would have been wearing black underwear untherneath my white pants for the rest of the cruise :eek:(did think of putting clothes of everybody mixed in the suitcase, but didn't think of that :rolleyes:)

I ate the ice cream bar on the last night (sick of dessert by then) and I didn't think it was terrible although it melted pretty quickly (they will give you a bowl) and I think the coating is dark chocolate rather than milk (that's a plus for me but might not be for others)

There were not a lot of people who did this, but it was encouraged. Later in the evening, after dinner times & shows, there was a Villian's Ball held in the Atrium. It will probably take a while to catch on more, but I thought it was a cool addition.

OK, just catching up on this thread. Agree on all counts about Villains night. The Ball was very well attended, including by many characters from the Villains production earlier in the evening. I did not see a lot of costumes among the guests, but a lot of people opted to dress all in black and just look sort of evil, which certainly worked!:goodvibes

Does anyone have a copy of the Tallinn navigator to post?

Thanks.

Can we do Tallinn on our own or should we take a tour?

All of the Baltic ports can be done on your own, except St. Petersburg and probably Warnemunde - if you plan to go to Berlin. Rick Steves' Scandinavia book is a great resource that covers most of the ports.

Agree! Rick Steves has a great walking tour of Tallinn that even tells you how to get from the port to the start of the tour, and the old town is very manageable. There are other walking tours of Tallinn online as well.

London Weather for thoose coming to us now for the 4th Baltic.

''Heatwave''' Level 2 alert, (2 of 4, 4 highest)

• Today 32c
  • Saturday 32c.
  • Sunday 27 chance of rain.

Lows 19c>17c, hot and sticky at night.

We are in a heatwave heath warning and people with Asthma and other health conditions are advised to take care.

yes, but won't be able to until tomorrow...what are you looking for?

That would be great, thanks. Just wanted to see what time and where the excursions meet and what's going on, on the ship.

That would be great, thanks. Just wanted to see what time and where the excursions meet and what's going on, on the ship.

The excursion time and location information isn't in the navigators anymore. It's on your excursion tickets.

I don't know how to scan it in for you (DH does but he's still asleep -- handling the jet lag better than me!), but here's some info on what went on on the ship that day:

Ron Pearson was the entertainment in the Walt Disney Theatre
It was Pirate Night
There was Krazy Karaoke in Rockin Bar D for the adults at night
Movies on the Ariel View Television were Cars, Finding Nemo, A Bug's Life, Underdog, and of course The Curse of the Black Pearl
Movies in Buena Visa Theatre were Prince of Persia, Disney Nature Oceans, Alice in Wonderland, and Toy Story 3
There was a round of Jackpot Bingo
There was a book exchange in Cove Cafe
The fitness classes were pilates and ab attack
Drink of the day was a blue margarita (alcoholic) and a pina colada (non-alcoholic)
There was a scrabble tournament
There was pirate line dancing for everyone before the party

Do you want information on kids activities for certain age groups?
There were 2 World Cup games that day, so they took up a chunk of time. The World Cup will be done, obviously, so there will be other things filling in that space.

Hope that helps!

Just a few tidbits while I have some internet access here!

London was fantastic. Nice local pub hidden behind the Rennaisance Chancery Court called Ship's Tavern - we ate there twice! Excellent, friendly service.

Disappointed the regular tour at Kensington Palace was discontinued temporarily with some "Enchanted Forest" in its place. Really wanted to see the state apartments and Princess Diana's dresses. Oh well.

Big Bus Tour was fantastic! Highly recommend it.

We did Oslo on our own, was rainy and chilly. Glad we did not spring for an excursion given the weather. Bought some nice souvenirs.

Copenhagen was fabulous! Did the Tivoli and River Cruise and I highly recommend it. Everything about it was great.

Today we did the Rostock Regional HIghlights. Was to be a biergarten snack and beer, local bus tour and river cruise. What was not told to us prior was also a 90 minute walking tour. There were several elderly and not so nimble who were not aware of this prior to being on the bus. Some had to wait on the bus and missed the walking part. Otherwise it was a nice tour though.

Very hot today, around 90+ so those who went to Berlin are sweating it out. Three trains left.

Cheers all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter