The 2023/2024 Serie A thread (on CBS, CBS Sports, Paramount Plus).

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
The 2023/2024 Serie A thread. This is the thread to talk about the upcoming season (starting August 19, 2023). Who is already a fan of the league and who is just interested in giving it a chance? ⚽🏟️🇮🇹

https://www.legaseriea.it/en

Last edited:

Juventus(Sp??)
Juventus F.C. to be most accurate. They are also nicknamed "the old lady" and the "black and white". They are the Italian League's most successful club in history (with accusations of corruption as well). They are loved by their fans in Turin and worldwide and hated by everyone else (including me :rotfl:). Will you be rooting for them this season or just watching as a neutral, trying to find your team?

Juventus F.C. to be most accurate. They are also nicknamed "the old lady" and the "black and white". They are the Italian League's most successful club in history (with accusations of corruption as well). They are loved by their fans in Turin and worldwide and hated by everyone else (including me :rotfl:). Will you be rooting for them this season or just watching as a neutral, trying to find your team?
well if you are going to root for a team - it might as well be a good one :). As for Corruption in professional sports - heresy!
If I were to lay claim to any soccer team - it would be my little old MLS Team here in Atlanta - sadly - I treat soccer (and golf) like a natural ambien at the moment.

well if you are going to root for a team - it might as well be a good one :). As for Corruption in professional sports - heresy!
If I were to lay claim to any soccer team - it would be my little old MLS Team here in Atlanta - sadly - I treat soccer (and golf) like a natural ambien at the moment.
That's fine. Finding a team takes time (unless you are bandwagoner, no issue with that either by the way). If you google each team in the league, you can find out their history and playing styles. The histories of each soccer club are actually fun to learn about since it helps explain each club's traditions and specific songs.

That's fine. Finding a team takes time (unless you are bandwagoner, no issue with that either by the way). If you google each team in the league, you can find out their history and playing styles. The history of each soccer club are actually fun to learn about since it helps explain each club's traditions and specific songs.

I am an unabashed bandwagoner for most sports except for my Chicago Cubs (and baseball) and the Olympics because I am still nationalistic (in a normal way).

As I am in the south - I can’t escape college football and this is where I actually root for any unranked team to beat someone in the top 10 because it’s so much fun :). I have probably mentioned before - I am fun at parties :)

Soccer, other than the big World Cup type tournaments, it’s very difficult to muster the “I care” enzymes to get super interested. And other than to get the aforementioned discount with my barber - I am still likely to phone it in :)

I am an unabashed bandwagoner for most sports except for my Chicago Cubs (and baseball) and the Olympics because I am still nationalistic (in a normal way).

As I am in the south - I can’t escape college football and this is where I actually root for any unranked team to beat someone in the top 10 because it’s so much fun :). I have probably mentioned before - I am fun at parties :)

Soccer, other than the big World Cup type tournaments, it’s very difficult to muster the “I care” enzymes to get super interested. And other than to get the aforementioned discount with my barber - I am still likely to phone it in :)
If you watch Serie A or any other Euro league, you'll catch the "soccer bug" eventually, everyone does. It will just hit you unexpectedly when you see something incredible on tv.

If you watch Serie A or any other Euro league, you'll catch the "soccer bug" eventually, everyone does. It will just hit you unexpectedly when you see something incredible on tv.
I’ll be sure to mask up in that case :)

For the record, I love your passion for soccer, as I admire most people with healthy passions for the things people bring productive energy too. So while we banter back and forth, know that it is in a good-natured way.

Also team USA player Christian Pulisic (Captain America signed a new contract with AC Milan) will be making his Serie A debut this season, with Flo Balogun trying to join him (Arsenal is currently having a negotiation dispute with Serie A at the moment).

I’ll be sure to mask up in that case :)

For the record, I love your passion for soccer, as I admire most people with healthy passions for the things people bring productive energy too. So while we banter back and forth, know that it is in a good-natured way.
Excited for the opening weekend matches?

I am excited for the weekend ... and in less than two weeks I will be in WDW ... so, I am excited for that!
Have a great trip. If you go to the Epcot WS, each pavilion has soccer jerseys (kits), jackets, and possibly scarves that are from each hosts country's teams/leagues. Some are even rare to get in the USA. So you might like to get some gear while you are there since most of it is just cool looking clothing. Just a thought. Also, if you tell Italian cast members you are a Juventus F.C fan, you will probably get many reactions. 😉

Have a great trip. If you go to the Epcot WS, each pavilion has soccer jerseys (kits), jackets, and possibly scarves that are from each hosts country's teams/leagues. Some are even rare to get in the USA. So you might like to get some gear while you are there since most of it is just cool looking clothing. Just a thought. Also, if you tell Italian cast members you are a Juventus F.C fan, you will probably get many reactions. 😉
I asked my Barber today about getting a Juventus Kit and asking at the Italy pavilion - and no - not going to now :p

Do tell. Why not if you don't mind me asking? I thought you were a proud bandwagoner? :duck::rotfl2:
It doesn’t mean I buy all the merch for every team out there - his comparison - it’s like buying a Yankees jersey in the midst of their prolific runs - that’s all he needed to say - I get it.

Last edited:
It doesn’t mean I buy all the digest for every team out there - his comparison - it’s like buying a Yankees jersey in the midst of their prolific runs - that’s all he needed to say - I get it.
This is true. I did tell you about how the Juventus F.C. fanbase is viewed. As a Roma fan, I can't wait to see our teams play each other. Will you be watching the Juventus match tomorrow? If not, I'll post the highlights from YouTube after the match.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter