The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

All fixed now. They only took about 3 days and I was so pleased with their professional service.

Ugh. That... sounds not so good.
I hope they can fix it without shipping it out for a week and $$$$.

Even cheaper than they quoted. Huzzah!

This is easy. I don't get stuck in lines. :laughing:

Okay... on the rare occasion that I do... I'm on the DIS or something like that.

I don't either. I'd rather skip the attractions or hit them at RD and be done with lines.

First of all, what a bummer!!!!! I try to stay on top of our protection plans, but I haven't looked in awhile, so thanks for prompting me to log into best buy's website and make sure we're all covered!

Now that I've found a really professional and nice repair shop that gives better service that BBuy, I think I'll stick with them. :)

It makes me SO sad when I see families waiting in line all glued to their devices!! I LOVE just hanging out and looking at park maps, game planning with Jimmy what we will try to do next. I also really enjoy people watching (and much to my husband's chagrin, listening to the people around me...especially when they are completely wrong about whatever Disney info they are discussing!) I did download the Heads Up app and unlock the Disney World deck for free because we did it in the park. That can be fun, but doesn't usually last too long.

Me too and at times it really bothered me about my own kids doing it instead of us sharing or talking, but I do get that they wanted to be in Instagram and Snapchat with their friends. :)

I'll have to research the Heads Up App; I've never heard of it! Sounds interesting!

Oh no - that is too bad. Hope it gets fixed soon.

It sure did and I"m back to posting!

Well my sister and I used to snack or drink our water when we were stuck in line. I don't have a data plan for the US (Canadian you know) so I couldn't surf the net or the disney app. I did see people playing that Heads up game and sometime my sister and I would play along with them (without saying it out loud so they didn't know we were being nosy). So I guess we talked to each other.

That's another mention of Heads Up! I've never heard of it and it sounds like I should. Although, I hate to use my phone battery on stuff in case I need it as a quick photo taker or to actually talk to people.

So.... you don't connect to the free internet in the parks? Does that not work to surf or something?? I thought it did....????

Hi Liesa realized I hadn't seen a TR from ya for while and went on the hunt to find this. So finally here.:wave:

That stinks about your lap top hope you have it back soon.

I'm so glad you're here!!! :welcome: ! You're just in time for me to start the WDW portion! :hug:

What no Chunky Dump?

OH there was ChunkyDumping... ;)

Pretzel, coaster, ears, merch, all three but if I had to choose Fireworks

Nice choices! Also, of note, I did notice that DLR still has my beloved jalepeno cream cheese pretzel. Next time I'm there, I should get one.

Resort Conceirge, love to help other and need that air conditioning in FL.

Oh that would be a nice job! I think I'd like that too.

It's 26 degrees in NewYork. I followed up shoveling the driveway with a backyard romp with the dog, ice is welded onto my car (40 degree temps on Thursday will have to melt it for me). . . I so need a Disney trip report fix. Here I am.

Brrrr!!!!! And it only got colder since you posted that. I'm so glad you've found this TR and joined in! It's really great to have you here!
Only got as far as your first post and the pop quiz. My every time restaurant is Columbia Harbour House -- to sit on (in?) the second floor "bridge" and have a tuna sandwich. I go solo so it's a good people watching spot. My one and done is probably Tiffins. It was fine, but I don't feel the need to go back.

I adore the CHH and haven't been for YEARS. Really need to get back there. I go solo a fair amount too and it really is a VERY nice place to watch folks.

Interesting! I adore Tiffins and try to get there often but know it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

Been kinda busy lately and the dis chose not to notify me AGAIN, so playing catch up.
Not going to try to multi-quote, but pictures were great (no surprise at all), narrative was wonderful (again no surprise). Jealous about club 33...don't know I'll ever be that fortunate, but happy for y'all.
Me too,... meeeee too.

Thanks for all the complements, Doc. I'm pages and pages behind here, and it's going to take a while to catch up and get started on the WDW part.

It varies between several things...
Talk
Play (heads up?) on phone. Great game with group.
Try to make or modify FPs.
Look at pictures from the day thus far.
Complain about the crazy long lines at Disney. :lmao:

:lmao:

What in the HECK is this Heads Up? You're the 3rd person to mention it, and I've never even heard of it.

Dream job at Disney would be food quality control at Biergarten.

LOL!! Purely for the good of the people. Got to keep them safe and satisfied!

CM at the firehouse to help folks with SOTMK. I think it's a cool thing since it's one of the few free things to do at Disney and being able to teach/help the kids (both young and older) would be cool. I've been able to give some young kids some of my cards and the look on their faces is way cool!
OHhhh that one is unique and right up your allley! I can totally see you doing that!! And... thank you again for giving Zach some to enjoy. He did end up spending a good chunk of his solo time playing with them. :)

12 degrees in NY. Waiting for another degree before taking the dog out.

I really hate it when it's that cold. Unless I have a fireplace (wood burning!) and a cup of hot cocoa.

So I guess I didn't make a very good first impression. I continued reading after taking the pop quiz in the first post and realized that you're a Tiffins fan.

Nah, I really do know that not everyone is going to like every restaurant! That's what makes Disney such a great place to go for dining now- there really is something for everyone.

I would like to change my answer to the one and done. My REAL answer is Garden Grill.

And that's one I've never tried because the reviews I've seen show a LOT of food and not much different than stuff you can get at the food courts (fruit, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, etc...) and way tooo much of it. The price is astronomical at $60+ pp and a character meet just isn't worth that to me. I know lots of folks LOVE those and it's totally worth that kind of money for a hug, just not my thing.

Although I have a fondness for revolving restaurants (anyone remember Windows on the World at the World Trade Center in NYC?)
I have spent very little time in NYC so sadly, nope. Not I.

I expected to see more of The Land. Also, toooo much for for a solo diner and the older I get the less interested I am in one sided conversations with characters. I feel as though I have to keep up a witty monologue and entertain them!

This.

That stinks... hope they can fix it then. I was going to say if you have to ship it off, you could almost get a new laptop for not much more money, but that doesn't help if the old laptop is where all your pictures are.

In the end, it worked out as good as it could have. Hated spending $$ on it, but, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't too bad and the laptop was saved (as were my photos).
I'm usually on the app looking for the next FP or ordering food.

Mobile order is just about the greatest thing EVER! I used it quite a bit on our last trip and it really saved us a ton of time.

Continuing to enjoy your trip report. I'm up to Aug 22! I think it's so interesting to read the variety of things people look forward to at Disney, the gamut of favorite hotels, restaurants, arrival activities, and even how diverse your readers are.

It was a HUGE variety and I LOVED reading all the various answers. Just kinda shows how many jobs Disney has and how difference and how varied this group, even right here on this thread are. Something for everyone!

Like you I've been making my way through the resorts. When our kids were young it was always CBR. I was there in September and thought the new hotel looked so out of place. When I get farther into your TR I'll be interested to see if you have an opinion. I have to say that I have a soft spot in my heart for Boardwalk after being upgraded to club level for a week. It was wonderful but I don't know how people justify the cost. (At least for going solo).

I was there for the first time and it was a bit jarring tbh. I sat on the water at Banana Cabana for breakfasts and to my right was a modern, new and HUGE tower, and to my left was a quaint, quiet "village" of pastel low buildings. Kinda too much a dichotomy going on.
But.... more on that when I get there.

Boardwalk... be still my heart. I adore it very much, but Wilderness Lodge has gained a ton of ground in my Disney resort love affair.

I love the idea of your Poly (spell check really wants me to select either polygamy or polyester, but neither seems appropriate) vacation within a vacation. A pina colada sounds perfect right now!

Buaahahahahaha!! Too hiliarious!

I spent quite a bit of quiet alone time at the Poly on this trip while my kids slept or watched TV and loved every single minute. :goodvibes

And lastly, was interested that you do DTD first. I guess I need to study a map before going next. I was disoriented while there and never quite got my bearings. It's huge!

I am right there with you. I am ALWAYSturned around in there and have to constantly look at the maps now. However, having said that, I do love it there. I love the new look and feel to it and the newer restaurants are so good!! If you have the time, it's not a bad place to "get a bit lost" and just wander.

Well, a bit behind to do too much quoting, but that menu looked so impressive - I'd like the chance to try each listed item. I'd even be willing to give escargot another try - maybe I just need the right wine pairing...

Multi-quoting not necessary if you are really behind. LOL! :hug: Just glad to have you here, Donna!

The Club is very elegant and the menus always so nice. The escargot was very tender and flavorful with just the right garlicky, butter sauce!

Present ideal Disney job - ugh, such a tough choice. I think I'd choose working at Peter Pan, because I can't sing well enough to be one of the Voices of Liberty. If I was 20, I would definitely want to be in the parade. I'd like to be either one of the first royal dancers, or one of the characters on the swings on the Pinocchio float - but first choice would be Merriweather! (Hey Disney, maybe I could still be Merriweather, even at my age, lol)

Hmmm, spreading pixie dust and magic at PP sounds just lovely!

Yeah, I'd love to be able to sing that well!!

I LOVE your job choices! Very creative and I can tell you put some good thought into them. ::yes::

Glad it got fixed for you - I never buy the warranties on things, so I would have been SOL. Which is why I don't share my toys very often, because if anyone is going to break it, it's going to be me...

I am the same way. I never lend my laptop out to my kids because I know they could never replace it if they dropped it.

If it's a long line and I'm solo (45 minutes or more, longest of which was posted at 150 minutes, but I wanted to be in air conditioning and out of the sun that afternoon) - I'll be reading on my ereader. If it's under 45 minutes, I will either be on the Disney app on my phone, sending pictures home to my daughters to make them jealous encourage their enthusiasm to become my travel buddy again, or people watching/polite eavesdropping/relaxing and zoning out.

HAHAHA!! Nothing like making sure family knows you're having a great time without them! LOL!

I have that pretty much every night...

This makes 2 trips I didn't get one. I have fallen into disgrace.

:lmao: They're almost the same, aren't they? :duck:

Very, very close. 🤣
This would be the delicious part...

I should have taken a bite.

Let's eat it and find out!

YES!!!

Betting that's authentic, too.
Such a gorgeous lobby.
I remember those doors. I was pretty in love with them.
:sad2:
"Are you sure you always use your thumb?"
"Yes! Always!"
"You're right hand, thumb?"
"Yes! Yes! Right hand! Thumb!"
"Try a finger just in case... try the other hand... there you go. Left index finger."

Exactly this.

every. single. time.

I see you have the "knee bend" pose down pat.
And is that Jenny with you guys????

I've been practicing. Seems to be how the cute girls do it. Anything helps. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's her! We loved having her along! ( Hi @rentayenta !!)

Ah yes... because that's so much better.

:rolleyes2
Got some really good ones.

Thanks!

Cool! Mme Leota looks like a Christmas ornament!

Yes!! The whole thing was so cool!

Sally still dreaming and hoping of some day being with the love of her life.

Not a bad way to spend her days.

How does one precisely "Doo-Dah"?

I'll get back to you on that one.....

Not TMI at all. Nope. Not even a little bit...

Oh I have stories... remind me to telll you about the last hour of my trip THIS time at the Grand.

So... you're saying that it would've been better if you had forgotten your underwear this time?

Hmm, you might be onto something here.

What???? Where did she get that????

I honestly have no idea... I think by where you catch the rafts to TSI?? @franandaj ???

Oh, dear. You need to relax and just let go!
(Hmmmm… Frozen... Frozen II... and now... Frozen in Carbonite.)

thanks for the earworm... ;)

Any news on that front?

Nope. Too poor right now.

WHAT???????????????????????

I know.

<hangs head in shame>

:(
That doesn't sound good.
But glad you seem to be making steps to getting better?

I need to call them back tomorrow.

What?!?!? When did this happen?? Have a good trip!!!

I did!! Lots of fun and I even posted the photos! (yes, I know you already commented)
:) Lots of catching up to do. Glad you're getting to see a long-lost friend.

We did!!
Oh, I dunno… :rolleyes1
Trust me on this one...

:jester:pirate::firefight Now mentally remove their hats. . . . Hats off to you for all your early morning wake ups!!! That's got to be tough with the time difference. So much easier to go from east coast to Disneyland. One of my DL memories is sitting in the lobby of the Grand Californian watching the morning cleaning crew because nothing was open.

In a related note, wondering why I have such a hankering for BBQ :confused3

Thanks!! Took some doing, but I powered through and got a lot done and had more fun for it!

Mmm, BBQ. Been ages since I had a good meal of ribs and baked beans.

This makes 2 trips I didn't get one. I have fallen into disgrace.
I hate to say this but...
Yes. Yes you have.
I've been practicing. Seems to be how the cute girls do it. Anything helps. :rolleyes:
I don’t think you need help.
I'll get back to you on that one.....
Standing by...
Oh I have stories... remind me to telll you about the last hour of my trip THIS time at the Grand.
Tell me about the last hour at the Grand.
Nope. Too poor right now.
Disney will do that!
Good!!

A personal update...part of why I've been more scarce...I've been spending a lot of time looking for a new job, which I will be starting either the 2nd or the 9th of December. Originally was going to be the 2nd, but they may want me to wait until the 9th (not quite sure why).

What in the HECK is this Heads Up? You're the 3rd person to mention it, and I've never even heard of it.
It's an app on the phone and it's a BLAST to play with a group. One person holds the phone up to their forehead with the screen facing their group. The group then has to try to get them to guess the word. If you get it right, you tip the phone forward and you get a point. If you give up, you tip the phone backwards and no point. A bit like charades, except the words are on the phone and it keeps track.

LOL!! Purely for the good of the people. Got to keep them safe and satisfied!
Exactly. Safety is my middle name. And if I got that job, my middle would be much larger.

OHhhh that one is unique and right up your allley! I can totally see you doing that!! And... thank you again for giving Zach some to enjoy. He did end up spending a good chunk of his solo time playing with them.
I'm glad I was able to help him out...maybe next time, he and I will have the opportunity to tag team a little. I confess, it's been a while since I've played mostly because I think DW would not be thrilled.

Last edited:
I'm all about the details and theming but have been known to chat people's ears off at times so both???

I’m a lot like you. If I strike up a conversation the time passes so quickly but I’m also known to look around or take photos of all kinds of stuff.

I hope you get to achieve that too and I am sure you will.

Right now it’s a matter of money....

Ugh, no sleep is the worst! Hope the doctor has answers for you soon!

I got an appt for the 4th. Hopefully I’ll know more then.

I love the movies and would really like to try out the ride when I finally make it out to DL. It would be a very boring world if we all felt the same way about things, wouldn't it?

It certainly would! I’m glad there’s variety!

How lovely!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend with your friend. :)

I did! I did!!! And you can see all the photo too!

I never realized that there was a Guardians ride at DL. I suppose the ride they are building in Epcot will be the same thing

I’m glad @pkondz addressed this! It is my understanding that it indeed will be different. The building is ginormous; big enough to fit a coaster! Woot!

What a wonderful weekend you had. It is one thing to do rides and eat Churros but getting to do all these elegant things must have been fun, too. :)

It was a fun mix of both. Time with friends is always the BEST!!

Have a great time!

I've really enjoyed reading about the different things they have at DL. :)

I did, I did!! I even got my photos posted in record time! I also focused on doing things (rides) I hadn’t done before or in a long time so that was nice!

Great picture of everyone! Looks like it was a fun day with friends.

It really was! And I had another one only 2 months later!

Ever since riding the Disneyland Paris version and Lesley telling me it's very similar to the DL one, I have a goal to get out to CA and try it one day. I know when I ride the DLP's version I always think we got jipped in Walt Disney World.

I super hope you can get there soon! There really is enough that’s different to make a trip worth it.

Oh gosh....this doesn't fun at all! I stress about answering the phone with the bluetooth system in my car, this sounds a hundred time worse!:rotfl2:

Lol!

Very true. I'm glad Disney has been upping their food game in the past few years.

Me too! Especially the DTD options! If I’m going to spend that much on food, it’d better be AMAZING food.

Uh oh, hope you can get some help. I remember before one of your trips you were having issues, and I'm assuming its still occurring? Again, trying to remember correctly...you got a shot to hopefully help and avoid surgery?

It’s a chronic issue of bone spurs and narrowing in my C4-5 and C5-6 causing pain pretty much 24/7 and worst at night. Super sucks.

You're not alone. I've only seen the first film once, too. And I slept through half of it...

Haha haha! So even less a fan than myself. Still, it’s an entertaining ride but the theming is somewhat lost on me.

I generally avoid Rotten Ron’s but I have to confess to enjoying an occasional sausage McMuffin. Their breakfast choices aren’t nearly as bad as the rest of the menu

Tbh, I do too. About once every couple of
months I’ll indulge in a sausage with egg with OJ.

That’s impressive. I did see similar chocolate sculptures several years ago during Flower and Garden...or was it Food and Wine. I forget. Whatever it was, I believe they had a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train sculpture since it wasn’t long after it opened. It’s pretty amazing the work that goes into it.

I’d really love to see the Easter Eggs someday too.

That sounds like it would be fun. I’ve always wanted to walk into an old timely saloon. Sadly I can’t see it ever happening with the lack of a $1 billion grossing IP set in the old west.

Oh I don’t either, but something with some cosplay theming would be fun and well done I’d imagine by Disney.

Confession: I’ve never had a churro. It was on my “to try” list last year but just didn’t happen.

WDW churros aren’t nearly as fresh or good. Oddly the DLR pretzels can’t compare to the Eastern cousins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter