The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

Nope. In the ones I've entered, I've gotten 1 top 10%, a few more top 25%s, and about half of mine make it into the top 50%.
Even one top 10% is impressive!
Oh geez! Did Hermione fix your glasses once you got on the train?
Yep, with a wave of her wand, an utterance of "Oculus Reparo" and an admonishment to not be an idiot again... fixed!
LOL!! Did you guys have Dr. Demento up there? A radio DJ that did crazy funny songs?
I've heard of Dr. Demento and probably seen/heard something on YouTube.
Unless you get too many chocolate frogs.
One can never have too many chocolate frogs.
Nope, which is actually why I really like the Boarding Pass method with RotR. Not done it yet, but from what I read, if it's down you're not stuck in line.
Except... getting on a boarding group ain't so easy!
Oh gosh! That's a tough one! I'd have to really think on that one.
Standing by...
I like it better because there's so much more to look at and use my imagination with that at Barnstormer. The queue there is positively boring with a few outlier gems.
Yup. Barnstormer queue < Flight of Hippogriff
YES!! EE! But, when was the last time you rode Kali.
10 years ago. K was soaked... and very unhappy about it.
LOVE pea soup, but the last soup I made was last night and was Thai pumpkin curry. Sooo good!
Hmmm... not sure if I'd like that one. Not a pumpkin pie fan, so may not be. Then again... might be!
The only thing I remember is he sang something about rolly, polly, fish heads!
I know that one! But from some comedy show/movie (not Dr. D)

If you don’t, however, it’s my humble, albeit correct, opinion that to add the option of 2 parks in a day for the extra $100 isn’t worth it. Fun and unique? Sure! Worth the cost of an entire meal at a mid-range restaurant? No.

Yeah I'd agree. I really wish there was another option to ride this train other than the park to park ticket with hopper option if you only have one day. But you know, that's why they do it...sigh. That said, it's a cool ride, and I wish I'd had time to ride it both ways as I hear it's different.

Sounds like you had a super busy morning and got a lot done! With Maxpass it's a lot more feasible even if you aren't up at the crack of dawn. Again, wish we'd had more time!! I love your train pics!! Funny I did notice some cool theming in the lines at US but didn't pay as much attention because...didn't spend nearly as much time waiting in lines as normally at Disney!!

After riding both of those, I was heading back into the “village” to check out all things Hogsmeade when stroke of dumb luck sent me reeling back into the queue of the finally opened Motorbike Adventure. I just happened to be passing the end of the VERY quickly forming new line of the ride, stopped to ask if it was open, and hopped into it!! WOOT!!!
This was "super lucky"! It is almost like winning a prize. :) I bet lines will be long for that ride for a long time.

This caught my eye in your conversation with @pkondz! We used to visit our family friends at their home in Michigan when I was growing up. It was a cottage on the lake, and they didn't have a TV, so at night we actually listened to Dr. Demento for entertainmen, LOL. The only thing I remember is he sang something about rolly, polly, fish heads!
That one was my favorite. So FUNNY!! He had loads of ridiculously hilarious songs but that one stood out for sure!

Even one top 10% is impressive!

Meh, the places seem to be wildly varied.
Yep, with a wave of her wand, an utterance of "Oculus Reparo" and an admonishment to not be an idiot again... fixed

That would be Hermione alright. :sad2:
I've heard of Dr. Demento and probably seen/heard something on YouTube.

He's pretty well known, so my guess is probably so. :)

One can never have too many chocolate frogs.

I'm not a huge fan of milk chocolate, so unless they make dark ones...

Except... getting on a boarding group ain't so easy!

By the time I get back there, maybe it'll all have died down. Who knows.

10 years ago. K was soaked... and very unhappy about it.

Hell hath no fury like a teen who's gotten wet against their own will.

Hmmm... not sure if I'd like that one. Not a pumpkin pie fan, so may not be. Then again... might be!

It's definitely unique and well... I have bad news. I'm afraid it would be repulsive to you. It has coconut milk in it.

I know that one! But from some comedy show/movie (not Dr. D)

Probably my favorite. :)

Yeah I'd agree. I really wish there was another option to ride this train other than the park to park ticket with hopper option if you only have one day. But you know, that's why they do it...sigh. That said, it's a cool ride, and I wish I'd had time to ride it both ways as I hear it's different.

Yes, it is different going each way, so there's that. Kinda like a two-fer? Nevertheless, I wonder if, in order to attract business again at some future date, they will let more folks ride it?

Sounds like you had a super busy morning and got a lot done! With Maxpass it's a lot more feasible even if you aren't up at the crack of dawn. Again, wish we'd had more time!! I love your train pics!! Funny I did notice some cool theming in the lines at US but didn't pay as much attention because...didn't spend nearly as much time waiting in lines as normally at Disney!!

I did!! And yes, as you say, you don't have to worry a ton about standing in a lot of long lines. I think the longest I waited was 10-15 minutes or so in any of them. Most were walk-ons. That gives you more time to appreciate the scenery, especially in Potterland.

Meh, the places seem to be wildly varied.
That's okay. It's photography. i.e. art. One person's beauty is another's trash.
That would be Hermione alright. :sad2:
She is a bit... feisty.
I'm not a huge fan of milk chocolate, so unless they make dark ones...
...then you can have all of them.
By the time I get back there, maybe it'll all have died down. Who knows.
Doubt that. By then, everyone who's put off their vacation will be there!
Hell hath no fury like a teen who's gotten wet against their own will.
She was 8 at the time, but... yup. Pretty much.
It's definitely unique and well... I have bad news. I'm afraid it would be repulsive to you. It has coconut milk in it.
Ew! Why would you do that????

That's okay. It's photography. i.e. art. One person's beauty is another's trash.

Very true. And we are all our very worst critics.
She is a bit... feisty.

I can relate to her tbh.

...then you can have all of them.

Right up there with coconut, eh?

Doubt that. By then, everyone who's put off their vacation will be there!

Hmmm, or be scared to death to leave their house still.

She was 8 at the time, but... yup. Pretty much.

She started her teen tude young!

Ew! Why would you do that????
More for me!!! Just keep your bananas out of my food.

Very true. And we are all our very worst critics.
::yes::
I can relate to her tbh.
Uh, oh! I shall give you a wide berth next time we meet. A very, extreme social distancing, wide berth!
Right up there with coconut, eh?
Oh, no. Please enjoy your dark chocolate.

Coconut on the other hand, should be burned.
Hmmm, or be scared to death to leave their house still.
Depends on where we are post apocoronalyptic we are.
She started her teen tude young!
Oh, Lord! You don't know the half of it! She started her teen 'tude well before she was two!
More for me!!! Just keep your bananas out of my food.
No banana bread for you!

As someone who isn't a big Uni fan I have to say I was AMAZED by Hagrids! LOVED it! I didn't get to enjoy much of the queue bit everything I did see blew me away. I also couldn't believe the difference between riding on the motorbike and in the sidecar! You really lucked out getting there as the ride was reopening :thumbsup2

It’s also similar to Disney in that once you get to the newest premiere attraction, the ride will almost certainly be down.

:rotfl2:For quite a few months after it opened it wasn't opening with the parks and people would stand in line for HOURS.

Thought of you when getting our update from Pritzker today. He is loosening restrictions on non-emergency medical procedures, since we have managed to keep our hospitalization rate at a manageable rate. I don't know specifics, but I figure that would make you (and a lot of people) happy!

I apologize for being absent for a long time. I honestly don't recall where I left off, so I've gone back to page 68 (seems from the banter about where I remember). Now almost 18 pages to catch up. (dang, there's no sigh emoji)

Let me explain...no...too much, let me sum up. Got really busy at work, got really busy with other life and just didn't have much time for the Dis. Not that it will make you feel any better, but you weren't the only TR I seemingly fell off the planet with.

Okay, I was wrong...had to go back one more page. Realized I had left off with your MNSSHP with your kids and then your solo. I'm pretty sure I told you when we met up, but your bo peep costume was great. Of course having a pretty person inside the costume helps a lot.

What is your favorite pavilion in World Showcase and why?

And

If you could add another pavilion which country would you choose and why?
My favorite, by far is Germany
Brats, Karamell Kuche (when I'm not doing keto obviously), Biergarten, the railroad, the Oom Pah band, the costumes, the beer & pretzel (again no no for keto). It might be because I'm still longing to actually get there (Germany), but still my favorite. Don't think any of the others come close.

I think I'd like to see an Australia pavilion or maybe Switzerland.
Australia because I think there's some really cool aspects of culture there and could make for an interesting pavilion. Switzerland, well....watches, knives and chocolate. Since they sell swords and knives in other places, should be able to.

The geek part of me after seeing lord of the rings, I think it would be cool to have New Zealand.

Uh, oh! I shall give you a wide berth next time we meet. A very, extreme social distancing, wide berth!

Speaking of such things... I wonder if snack sales are going to go down if folks have to wear masks?

Oh, no. Please enjoy your dark chocolate.

Coconut on the other hand, should be burned.

Mmm, almond joy candy bars!

Depends on where we are post apocoronalyptic we are.

I don't think for some people it will matter HOW far we are out of it.

Oh, Lord! You don't know the half of it! She started her teen 'tude well before she was two!

I have one like that too. :sad2:
No banana bread for you!

Oddly, I do like that. Especially warmed with butter.

As someone who isn't a big Uni fan I have to say I was AMAZED by Hagrids! LOVED it! I didn't get to enjoy much of the queue bit everything I did see blew me away. I also couldn't believe the difference between riding on the motorbike and in the sidecar! You really lucked out getting there as the ride was reopening :thumbsup2

OH!!! Now I have to go back and ride the sidecar! I had no idea there'd be a big difference.

:rotfl2:For quite a few months after it opened it wasn't opening with the parks and people would stand in line for HOURS.

That just sounds horrible. NO THANKS!

Thought of you when getting our update from Pritzker today. He is loosening restrictions on non-emergency medical procedures, since we have managed to keep our hospitalization rate at a manageable rate. I don't know specifics, but I figure that would make you (and a lot of people) happy!
We'll be opening now on Friday May 1st and playing catch up now for the foreseeable future. I got emails from both facilities I work at saying we'll do that by running extra ORs, working OT and even weekends now. They compounded the emphasis by telling us all that no new vacation time would be approved for "a while" and that any existing time off in the books was now "off the table". I don't see much rest in my future. So, yes, happy? YES! But, it's going to be exhausting for SURE in the coming months.

I apologize for being absent for a long time. I honestly don't recall where I left off, so I've gone back to page 68 (seems from the banter about where I remember). Now almost 18 pages to catch up. (dang, there's no sigh emoji)

Let me explain...no...too much, let me sum up. Got really busy at work, got really busy with other life and just didn't have much time for the Dis. Not that it will make you feel any better, but you weren't the only TR I seemingly fell off the planet with.
Life does get busy at times and to come back always seems overwhelming. Been there and done that for sure! I know @afwdwfan and @Terra Nova guy have been gone for quite a while too due to life's demands and uncertainties. We all do what we can and we'll all still be here when you can be back. :)

Hopefully life starts to even out for you and you can join us more often. :)

Speaking of such things... I wonder if snack sales are going to go down if folks have to wear masks?
What do you mean?
Mmm, almond joy candy bars!
What is wrong with you?!?!?

:laughing:
I don't think for some people it will matter HOW far we are out of it.
I suppose there are people at both extremes.
Those too afraid to ever leave and those who think 5G is responsible for the virus.

Both positions are... not sane.
I have one like that too. :sad2:
:hug:

Okay, I was wrong...had to go back one more page. Realized I had left off with your MNSSHP with your kids and then your solo. I'm pretty sure I told you when we met up, but your bo peep costume was great. Of course having a pretty person inside the costume helps a lot.

Thanks! :) It was so much fun putting it all together and pulling it off.

My favorite, by far is Germany
Brats, Karamell Kuche (when I'm not doing keto obviously), Biergarten, the railroad, the Oom Pah band, the costumes, the beer & pretzel (again no no for keto). It might be because I'm still longing to actually get there (Germany), but still my favorite. Don't think any of the others come close.

I like all of that too, but not a huge candy fan, so the Karamel Kuche isn't a big draw for me. Polka dancing IS fun though and I'd love to hit up Biergarten to dance there.

I think I'd like to see an Australia pavilion or maybe Switzerland.
Australia because I think there's some really cool aspects of culture there and could make for an interesting pavilion. Switzerland, well....watches, knives and chocolate. Since they sell swords and knives in other places, should be able to.

The geek part of me after seeing lord of the rings, I think it would be cool to have New Zealand.

I think Switzerland might be awfully close Germany- perhaps not different enough to make it worth an addition. Others have said Australia as well, and it'd be fun to see how Disney would pull that off. I suppose an attraction of some kind in a replica Opera House? A walking tour through the "Outback"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter