The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

We stayed at CSR back in 2011?12? We liked the resort and did not find it out of the way, no more so than any of the other moderates or values. In fact, I found it very central to DHS, Epcot and AK. I think a lot has changed as far as the restaurant offerings since we have stayed there since it has been undergoing its big renovation and the construction of the new tower.

The rooms have all been recently refurbed with a ton of USB ports so that will be nice for you guys!

We stayed here in July of 2017 and really enjoyed our stay. We had a refurbished room across the lake (I can't remember which building). Even with the construction, we never found it loud or annoying.

Will be staying at CSR for our last couple nights on this month's trip...will let you know my thoughts.

The plan for where we'll lay our heads each night. I know it has a reputation of being "only a convention resort" and "too out of the way", but I'll try anything once. If I don't like it, at least I'll be able to say why.

Anyone stayed there? What are your thoughts or comments? Any hidden gems to look for? Other ideas on best room locations?

I have I have! I stayed in the cabanas and the Casitas. Both for the WWA convention which will be there again this October. In October I will be at BCV. It is surprisingly close to Coronado.
Any way I just remembered I had another stay there Dec. 2010 with Friends.
The resort grew on me. Now with the new tower I am eager to look around again. I know you said no food at resort but Pepper Market had a good selection last time I was there. It used to be like bingo when you eat there, where they stamp your card and then you pay when you leave. Anyway there are some places to relax and chill and the property is beautiful. You will get some great night pictures.

Cabanas I believe is last on the loop with El Centro ( lobby) being the last stop. The Disney Springs bus stops at El Centro first then does the loop so if your feet are weary, you use that as an internal bus. Of course this may have changed in the 9 or so years since I have been there. You should be fine. The loop is out around the parking lot so it looks really long where the walkway internal is shorter. I also think they reconfigured things across the lake so that access should be easier too.

They resort is pretty in my opinion. From the lobby area to the unique touches in each one of the "villages". I know you probably will not have time but even the convention area has some great artwork and design to it.

We stayed at CSR back in 2011?12? We liked the resort and did not find it out of the way, no more so than any of the other moderates or values. In fact, I found it very central to DHS, Epcot and AK. I think a lot has changed as far as the restaurant offerings since we have stayed there since it has been undergoing its big renovation and the construction of the new tower.

The rooms have all been recently refurbed with a ton of USB ports so that will be nice for you guys!

That's what I was thinking. I've stayed at a fair amount of the resorts and none have seemed a huge long ways from anything else. I have always planned about 45 minutes to get from Point A to Point B going anywhere,, with a little more going from resort to resort. Sure, some are closer than others, but it seems to me, at least in my experience, the bus wait itself makes a bigger difference.

I will never be able to compare pre-Tower to now, but am excited to see for myself now!

After getting up in the middle of the night on May 3rd

I will be too. If I get the flight I want in 2 weeks, I will be flying out at 5:25 am and arriving in Orlando at 7:35 am. Hope to be at Coronado at 9:00 am i give or take the lines for DME. This means I will have to be up by 1:30 am because we also have an hour drive to the airport. That early, we will also stop for something to eat somewhere, because the airport will have nothing open yet.

it looks like in terms of a short walk to the bus (huge for me) and a relatively short walk to the lobby, the best bet is the Cabanas 8A building.
I use Disney Tourist Blog and they agree with this too. https://www.disneytouristblog.com/coronado-springs-construction-update-september-2018/ At first I was concerned about the walk in front of the construction being closed to get to the main area of the resort, but then I saw they actually put in a temporary bridge to get across that area.

We have zero plans to use the pool, and I suppose we will probably stay out of the sandbox too
I don't plan on this either. HOWEVER, sometimes after being in the park all day, I have trouble getting to sleep, so I might sneak to the hot tub for a soak. I will bring my suit any way, because I know if I don't, something will happen and I will wish I did.

We have no plans to eat any meals at the resort at all either
I sent you my schedule, so you know I have some breakfasts planned at the resort. More importantly, I plan on getting a re-fill-able drink mug as I will need my morning Iced tea to function. My tea is equivalent to others coffee. I also enjoy the meander to the main area in the morning to start my day. It is a nice little walk no matter what resort you are at. Kinda puts some pep in your step to get going for the day.

What I AM looking forward to is being near AK and the short bus ride there for our EMH morning on Monday, May 6th
This will be super nice.

I'm also pretty excited about staying at a new-to-me resort too. I have several left on my list to get to, and this is one
Me too! Me Too!

Anyway, this also looks like a very nice resort to do some night photography at as well, so am looking forward to that.
I wonder if they will have some of the new lighting done for the new area yet ? My understanding is that area is suppose to be beautiful at night. They are really lighting everything up because it will be the resort for the executives for those attending the conventions. All the walkways and paths are suppose to be very lit up. I am not even planning on taking any because I can't get anything compared to yours, so I may just have to pay you to get yours. LOL My camera on my phone is broke and my old digital camera is a bit crappy and probably not even worth bringing. I haven't decided if I will bring it or not yet.

We stayed here in July of 2017 and really enjoyed our stay. We had a refurbished room across the lake (I can't remember which building). Even with the construction, we never found it loud or annoying.

And from what it sounds like on the CBR thread, the construction should be almost completely winding down or even done by by then. It'll be nice to stay there when it's all still nice and fresh and new.

I have I have! I stayed in the cabanas and the Casitas. Both for the WWA convention which will be there again this October. In October I will be at BCV. It is surprisingly close to Coronado.
Any way I just remembered I had another stay there Dec. 2010 with Friends.
The resort grew on me. Now with the new tower I am eager to look around again. I know you said no food at resort but Pepper Market had a good selection last time I was there. It used to be like bingo when you eat there, where they stamp your card and then you pay when you leave. Anyway there are some places to relax and chill and the property is beautiful. You will get some great night pictures.

I am starting to wonder if the tower is going to be open when I'm there. Apparently, that is going to be the new check-in lobby for ALL guests to that resort, not just the non-convention guests.

All the restaurants have changed now, with Maya Grill being the new upscale TS one, and Pepper Market is now El Mercado de Coronado. I am excited to one day try the new place at the top of the Grand Destino Tower called the Toledo. Might be very pretty from up there. :) I imagine the whole resort being very peaceful and quiet at night since it's mainly geared to travelers that don't have kids.

Cabanas I believe is last on the loop with El Centro ( lobby) being the last stop. The Disney Springs bus stops at El Centro first then does the loop so if your feet are weary, you use that as an internal bus. Of course this may have changed in the 9 or so years since I have been there. You should be fine. The loop is out around the parking lot so it looks really long where the walkway internal is shorter. I also think they reconfigured things across the lake so that access should be easier too.

Yes, I'll have to bone up on the bus situation. I really don't want to get stuck with a park opening/RD deal and be "late" because of something so mundane as buses.

They resort is pretty in my opinion. From the lobby area to the unique touches in each one of the "villages". I know you probably will not have time but even the convention area has some great artwork and design to it.

I will plan on little jaunt around the lake to get some photos and check it out.

I have been accused of having hairy toes in my distant DISPast. Hairy arms no.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes I remember that !!!

And it being just lil 'ol me, I froze 2/3 of the dough for more cookie evenings.

Hope you are not buried in snow!!!! Break out those cookies!!

It's a long way for you guys... I get that.

In 2020 the conference is back in Vegas so we will at least be on that side of the country.

All the restaurants have changed now, with Maya Grill being the new upscale TS one, and Pepper Market is now El Mercado de Coronado. I am excited to one day try the new place at the top of the Grand Destino Tower called the Toledo. Might be very pretty from up there. :) I imagine the whole resort being very peaceful and quiet at night since it's mainly geared to travelers that don't have kids.

I guess they would. :scratchin I look forward to the reboot. Something new to explore. :banana:

I will be too. If I get the flight I want in 2 weeks, I will be flying out at 5:25 am and arriving in Orlando at 7:35 am. Hope to be at Coronado at 9:00 am i give or take the lines for DME. This means I will have to be up by 1:30 am because we also have an hour drive to the airport. That early, we will also stop for something to eat somewhere, because the airport will have nothing open yet.

I may take a shuttle that morning so I can avoid parking fees. Hate those. I am always too ramped up to eat on travel days, but my "tradition" is to get a latte and snack at the airport- my standard travel breakfast.

I use Disney Tourist Blog and they agree with this too. https://www.disneytouristblog.com/coronado-springs-construction-update-september-2018/ At first I was concerned about the walk in front of the construction being closed to get to the main area of the resort, but then I saw they actually put in a temporary bridge to get across that area.

Correct, and I heard that the bridge might also even stay. It was unclear when they wrote it. I'm more concerned about learning the bus order. I really DON"T want to get stuck at a "last bus stop" and be late to RD- esp at AK.

I don't plan on this either. HOWEVER, sometimes after being in the park all day, I have trouble getting to sleep, so I might sneak to the hot tub for a soak. I will bring my suit any way, because I know if I don't, something will happen and I will wish I did.

I kinda LOVE that idea! Let's maybe plan that!

I sent you my schedule, so you know I have some breakfasts planned at the resort. More importantly, I plan on getting a re-fill-able drink mug as I will need my morning Iced tea to function. My tea is equivalent to others coffee. I also enjoy the meander to the main area in the morning to start my day. It is a nice little walk no matter what resort you are at. Kinda puts some pep in your step to get going for the day.

I think we have a lot hashed out now, and plans are becoming more solid. I like that!

I don't mind the coffee from the Food Court (kinda consider it emergency rations sort of situation), but would rather wait for a latte at AK or EPCOT. MK's SBs is just too busy to bother with and a waste of precious morning time. But, yes, early morning is such a lovely time of day. So quiet and for me, it puts me in a "I'm in Disney!" sort of mindset.

This will be super nice.

Especially since it's an EMH AM, we should be there by 7:30 or so.

I wonder if they will have some of the new lighting done for the new area yet ? My understanding is that area is suppose to be beautiful at night. They are really lighting everything up because it will be the resort for the executives for those attending the conventions. All the walkways and paths are suppose to be very lit up. I am not even planning on taking any because I can't get anything compared to yours, so I may just have to pay you to get yours. LOL My camera on my phone is broke and my old digital camera is a bit crappy and probably not even worth bringing. I haven't decided if I will bring it or not yet.

I really hope so! I would love to bring my tripod this trip and get some better photos.

LOL! "Pay", ur funny. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes I remember that !!!

Sigh... Glennbo and Tim were the instigators of that particular little piece of hilarity. If memory serves it stemmed from when that perv at airport security informed me my toes were "pretty" and I showed my Disney pedi. LOLOLOL!

Hope you are not buried in snow!!!! Break out those cookies!!

Surely you are joking. LOL! They LOVE to predict feet and feeeeeeeeeeeeeeet of snow here and it's been years since we've gotten more than a dusting. People literally (NOT exaggerating) emptied the store shelves of goods for this apocalyptic event. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

In 2020 the conference is back in Vegas so we will at least be on that side of the country.

Nice!! Let me know, maybe I could swing down. :)

I guess they would. :scratchin I look forward to the reboot. Something new to explore. :banana:

Gotta love that!

Sigh... Glennbo and Tim were the instigators of that particular little piece of hilarity. If memory serves it stemmed from when that perv at airport security informed me my toes were "pretty" and I showed my Disney pedi. LOLOLOL!

With a tiny bit of time on my hands and successful use of the search feature..... It was during your re-entry trip. It was a shower and a shave and a comment about your feet looking great. During your rush, sleep deprived nature and travelling with a sick family half way around the world, you combined the shower, shave and feet comment where Glenn and Tim just latched on.
So your old user name, first ABC trip Page 112 Post #2237 on Aug 16, 2010. My gift to you is not quoting it here but it is still out in the DISmosphere.

Surely you are joking. LOL! They LOVE to predict feet and feeeeeeeeeeeeeeet of snow here and it's been years since we've gotten more than a dusting. People literally (NOT exaggerating) emptied the store shelves of goods for this apocalyptic event. :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

We had out last snowmageddon in Dec. We got nothing. Just 10 miles north got a couple of inches but there was no French toast supplies ( Bread, eggs, milk) ANYWHERE. Even our weather forecasters call it the s-word for fear of people panicking.

Nice!! Let me know, maybe I could swing down. :)
When we get more information on when the dates are and build a trip will let you know. :goodvibes:)

With a tiny bit of time on my hands and successful use of the search feature..... It was during your re-entry trip. It was a shower and a shave and a comment about your feet looking great. During your rush, sleep deprived nature and travelling with a sick family half way around the world, you combined the shower, shave and feet comment where Glenn and Tim just latched on.
So your old user name, first ABC trip Page 112 Post #2237 on Aug 16, 2010. My gift to you is not quoting it here but it is still out in the DISmosphere.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Well look what the cat drug in!!

BUAHAHAHAHA! I am afraid to go back and look, but holy cow that was a fun era.

And I well remember my kid having to traverse both Dulles and Nashville airports in a wheelchair. That was sooooooooooooo freaking stressful.

We had out last snowmageddon in Dec. We got nothing. Just 10 miles north got a couple of inches but there was no French toast supplies ( Bread, eggs, milk) ANYWHERE. Even our weather forecasters call it the s-word for fear of people panicking.

It's pretty dang ridiculous. Pretty sure a can of Campbell's soup or two will suffice for a day or so. :rolleyes2

When we get more information on when the dates are and build a trip will let you know. :goodvibes:)

You're on!

D is for: Dinner With My DIS O'hana

Now Dear Readers, step into my parlour and pull the curtain, as I summon up a slice of Steppe's future...

I see a woman stepping off the plane in a sleep-deprived fog, but too ramped up to let it dampen her just-got-to-Disney mania. (In case you're wondering, add an eye of newt and that's the perfect recipe for "How to Make Stupid Stuff Happen".) Flying gives this woman an appetite. For mankind does not live on 10 stale pretzels alone. It does come close though if one adds a 16-oz, latte, but by 5:30 after being up at 3:00 AM, one is usually nice and famished. And to do a meal at O'hana justice, one had better be just that.

This Disney-bound lady I am seeing has done some calculations and if they are accurate, and she lands at 3:00, she should be at the ME check-in lines by 3:30. She's never had to wait more than 30 minutes, and even that's rare, so chances are good she'll be ON a bus and headed to her resort fairly quickly. I see 2 women now, it seems a mother has joined our traveler, and they easily get to CBR by 4:15. In a perfect world with a quick check-in and a dump and run, I even see them getting to the Poly by 5:00. However, this world is not perfect, as evidenced by the fact that Disney has not dropped off my free AP and Dole Whips for life voucher, so they could be running later. In which case, I see an Uber ride in their future.

My crystal ball is also registering massive amounts of proteins and carbs headed their way once seated. Wait... what is this making its way into the haze of my clairvoyancy...? Yes, yeeeeesssss... delicious adult beverages served in fresh pineapple-y receptacles. Mmm... yes, it's coming in clearer now, perhaps it is because she has already sipped one down, but there is coming into vision 2 of them now.

Here is a photo from the last time Steppe enjoyed a Lapu-Lapu- it was 2010. The same ridiculous grin is still there when she's at Disney:

DisneyTrip2010133-1.jpg

This dinner at O'hana is going to be a very large and noisy gathering with dozens of lovely ladies, most of whom our traveler has not met. I see laughter, introductions, stories being shared, ridiculousness. I see friendships being forged and more food than any of them can possibly eat arriving at their tables. I see heartburn and indigestion for days.

After their Hawaiian-style pig out, the crystal ball is showing a very fuzzy, ill-defined plan. It is in fact... a non-plan. Just ideas and dreams which, to our over-planning traveler, is the very definition of trip disasters in the making. However, swirling about are ideas like: ducking into Trader Sam's for a new Tiki to add to her Tiki O'hana, heading to the Top of the World Lounge with the rest of the group for a little HEA viewing, or simply heading back to CBR for some hot tubbing and nighttime photography, and none of those is a bad choice. All the (Disney) World's her oyster and there are many pearls to choose from.

And now, gather up your belongings, leave a coin or two in the dish by the door, and come back again for another reading of Steppe's future.

And there it is. The plan for where we'll lay our heads each night. I know it has a reputation of being "only a convention resort" and "too out of the way", but I'll try anything once. If I don't like it, at least I'll be able to say why.
I've never stayed at Coronado but have two friends who stayed there with their families and they LOVED it!

This dinner at O'hana is going to be a very large and noisy gathering with dozens of lovely ladies, most of whom our traveler has not met. I see laughter, introductions, stories being shared, ridiculousness. I see friendships being forged and more food than any of them can possibly eat arriving at their tables. I see heartburn and indigestion for days.
Jealous!! That meal is going to be beyond wonderful!!!

We stayed at CSR for one night a few years back. It worked out that flights were better one day in advance and we couldn't get a room at our main resort so we just stayed for the arrival night.

We ate both dinner arrival night and breakfast the next day at Pepper Market, which I thought was pretty good.

Our room was in the Ranchos section which was quite a hike from the main building with the food and shops. We didn't use the bus system cause when we got up, we packed up our bags and had the bellman pick them up and take them to the next resort. After breakfast we caught the bus from the main stop in front of the resort. I remember we waited quite a while for that bus.

O'hana is one of my favorite restaurants, but we don't get there often. I love the Lapu Lapu! My favorite is the Bananas Foster Bread Pudding, so yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter