The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

Both dresses are cute and are very Ohanaish....

Well, in not too very long, I'll get to try it out! :D Just hoping those shoes I ordered arrive SOON!!!

Love this!

Thanks!

I love those ears and want to order her BUT imagine that $45 in Canadian currency. $59.86 CDN plus international shipping, tax and duty. UGH!

I ended up getting them afterall and can hardly wait to sport them in my favorites place!

I like both but the ones with the bow are my favourite.

Good thing!! Those are the ones I ordered. LOL!

There will be so much energy and excitement around that table, you will have no problem staying awake!

I imagine you are very right.

I'm in love with your countdown!! You could use red, yellow and black to make little dots around the edges of your numbered circles, and I bet that would be just enough color pop to bring it all together! It's seriously so cute!

Well, that's certainly a very fantastic idea! My weekday off this week is tomorrow, so I'll pick something up then and do a bit more decorating. :)

I can't believe how early you will have to be up for your shuttle, but saving that money will definitely make it worth it!! Take a snooze on your flight, and you will hopefully be ready to roll! But I'll volunteer to keep a skewer handy in case you fall asleep!

Basically no sleep that night. I will probably have to work late the day before , but hopefully my bag will be packed and I won't have anything to do other than fall into bed for a few hours of shut eye before that 1:30 wake up. Feel free to skewer... just keep your hands off my Lapu! ;)

Very cute countdown! The days are just flying by.

Thanks, Vanessa! I like how it turned out and is just the right size for my place. I can't believe that since I made it, it's already down to 24!

I'm checking in now that I know this epic PTR exists! So excited to finally crash one of your trips and meet you IRL! Looking forward to sharing in on the gluttony at CG Brunch before I head to the airport to go home.

Jill in CO
Hey Jill!! I'm tickled you're here!! (Been waiting for you, ya know. ;) ) :welcome:

I can't believe we can finally meet up!! It's been literally YEARS!! The CG is a perfect place to hang out and finally get face to face. :):banana:

Your little cards are so cute!! And I thought I was Type A!!! :) I love them, and it's such a great way to keep organized. I simply can't decide all the yummy things I want to eat and drink, so I guess I'll be grabbing them on the fly as I see what everyone around me is trying!
I've made these for several trips now, and LOVE them. Because they are laminated I can use a sharpie to write my TR notes right on them and can keep up better. It's awesome!

I had to narrow it down or I'd max out on the first 3 kiosks I came to. This spaces me out (lol, that makes me sound like an airhead) in my eating and keeps me focused.

Off topic post!

View attachment 393820

My daughter volunteered to be a live model for her instructors. They had a training class on new make up applications. She's so beautiful!
Holy Cow!! That is amazing! The colors are so vibrant. How long do you think that will last?

The make up turned out really well too. They did a great job matching her skin tones and applying it so evenly. VERY pretty!

O is for: Out of the Drawers and Into the Cases

Time to get that packing done!!! Unbelievably I only have 2 weekends left to get stuff done. Kinda freaks me out. I'd meant to lose a good 10 pounds before this trip, but I may as well also hope that it'll stop raining here in Oregon soon too. Meanwhile, I'll sit on my couch a few more hours and continue to be lazy.

Nevertheless, with only a very short bit left (relatively speaking) it's time to start putting stuff on my to-do calendar such as my last 2 mani-pedi appointments, my last hair cut, brow threading appt., etc.... I don't know why I'm struggling with choosing the nail color this time!

The bigger task though is putting each day's outfit neatly folded into a baggie with its matching jewelry right down to the skivvies. It truly makes the morning smoother and the wake up time a few minutes later. Every sleeping minute counts at Disney. Trust me on this.

56935259_2429614917050764_6916309334238429184_n.jpg

Call me OCD, call me overly-organized, call me whatever you want (there are some creative suggestions I could give; Siri calls me Princess), but I don't want to wake up and have to try and figure out what I'd planned for the day before I can get my coffee. Saves room in the suitcase and more importantly saves my sanity and sleep time.

56910259_2429659123713010_4824980605517168640_n.jpg

On the agenda for today (what's left of it anyway) is pulling out my ditty bag and taking stock of what sample sized goodies I need to replenish. I kinda have a love affair with travel-sized things. Is it just me or am I the only one who stands in the Target travel-sized stuff section fondling the goods? I have long internal conversations with myself on whether to go with Crest or Colgate? Q-tips? Travel-sized or go with a little baggie of better quality ones from my big box? Spray sunscreen or lotion?! WAIT!!!! They have little plastic travel-sized bottles for shampoo. But Disney has shampoo. But if I bring a little bottle I can steal some! Are 7 chapsticks in my purse, carryon, suitcase and camera bag going to be enough?!

I also need to decide if I want to ask my boss if I can get off a little early on the Thursday before I go so I can load my suitcases and get some sleep before I have to get up at 2:00. My schedule is ALL over the place. My days can start as early as 6:00 AM if I'm admitting patients for surgery, or as late as 10:00 if I'm the "Close-er". Which means I'll be at work until 8:00 or 9:00 PM depending on how the last patient is recovering. And I never know what day I have off during the week. I work 4 days and can depend on one weekday off but don't get my schedule until the Tuesday the week before. So hard to plan... anything. If I need a particular time off, I have to ask in advance and in this case, I'd have to ask for an early off by the 23rd. The downside is that I risk losing ALL of my hours that day if I ask, so I am reluctant to. Sleep is for the weak, right?

So, Friends, I am down to 19 days left before leaving and things are falling nicely into place. Getting super excited! I don't know if I mentioned on this thread, but Mom's knee is acting up so she saw her orthopedist who did her replacement and gave her a steroid injection. She says it feels better today, so really hoping a wheelchair isn't in our touring future!

All for now...

Last edited:
Time to get that packing done!!! Unbelievably I only have 2 weekends left to get stuff done. Kinda freaks me out.

You and me both! I haven't even obtained everything I want for the trip. Usually I have suitcases laid out and packed except for essentials by now. NOPE. Not a thing!

I don't know if I mentioned on this thread, but Mom's knee is acting up so she saw her orthopedist who did her replacement and gave her a steroid injection. She says it feels better today, so really hoping a wheelchair isn't in our touring future!
I really hope she doesn't need one either, but VROOM VROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting super excited!

Beyond super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO much to do, so LITTLE time to do it!

You and me both! I haven't even obtained everything I want for the trip. Usually I have suitcases laid out and packed except for essentials by now. NOPE. Not a thing!

STILL waiting on 2 pairs of shoes, a navy tank top, and some items for the gifts I'm making. Ugh. :(

I really hope she doesn't need one either, but VROOM VROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:moped:

Beyond super excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO much to do, so LITTLE time to do it!

:scared::scared::scared:

I think being overly organized saves a lot of hassle when it comes to Disney. There's so much else you have to figure out when visiting the parks, what clothes to wear on a particular day shouldn't be one of them.

Hmm, hopefully you won't lose that whole day of work.

Fingers crossed that steroid injection holds and your mom won't have additional knee issues while at Disney.

Love your packing mania! I could never bring myself to commit to specific outfits for specific days. I want to be flexible! But then I don’t have anything special in my outfits. They just need to be clean and comfortable.

I saw your comment on Alison’s thread and thought I ‘d say hi so that you know that I am alive!! Just busy and reading too much from phone and hence lazy with replies.

But I loved the Liederhosen! And your comment about November!!!

Time to get that packing done!!! Unbelievably I only have 2 weekends left to get stuff done.

It's crunch time!

The bigger task though is putting each day's outfit neatly folded into a baggie with its matching jewelry right down to the skivvies. It truly makes the morning smoother and the wake up time a few minutes later. Every sleeping minute counts at Disney. Trust me on this.

That's a really good idea.

Call me OCD, call me overly-organized, call me whatever you want (there are some creative suggestions I could give; Siri calls me Princess), but I don't want to wake up and have to try and figure out what I'd planned for the day before I can get my coffee. Saves room in the suitcase and more importantly saves my sanity and sleep time.

This is very organized. I took pictures of my outfits put together on the last 2 trips to help me remember.

Is it just me or am I the only one who stands in the Target travel-sized stuff section fondling the goods?

I love the Target travel-size aisle. I found myself buying stuff I don't need.

If I need a particular time off, I have to ask in advance and in this case, I'd have to ask for an early off by the 23rd. The downside is that I risk losing ALL of my hours that day if I ask, so I am reluctant to. Sleep is for the weak, right?

I hope it all works out for you.

I don't know if I mentioned on this thread, but Mom's knee is acting up so she saw her orthopedist who did her replacement and gave her a steroid injection. She says it feels better today, so really hoping a wheelchair isn't in our touring future!

Praying Mom's knee is feeling better, if not the wheelchair sound fun too.

So I followed suit with your Momma today. Had my RA check up. Got injections in both hands, in the joint where the thumb meets the hand, also got an all over injection in my Butt! We are a team! LOL We shall all inject together! =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter