The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

REally?! Now that IS something! I can see why you would with the shopping trips off prop, but it's so easy and... FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Free is good. Free with chocolate is better.) I've never had a bag go missing. Late? Yes. No show? Never.
Yep. Previous to our trip last August - when time and $$$ was a bit more plentiful - we would do the first week of the trip in a rental house, relax by the pool, get the shopping (mostly) out of their system, do "the dark side" parks, and then we shifted to Disney for the next week/ten days. So we've always picked up a rental at the airport, then dump it before moving to Disney. Hence the absence of using ME and the luggage service.
I experimented with a rental while staying on Disney in August, and I think there were enough benefits that I may well rent a car for the next trip.
But yes, free is always good. Anything with chocolate is better.

Well, hello there!! And a very big :welcome::welcome::welcome:! I'm glad you've stopped by and hope you come back often to join in!

This is what a quick search pulled up:

https://www.wish.com/product/5af3ad666a048c6e887e60d4?from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5af3ad666a048c6e887e60d4&ad_cc=US&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=8.00&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqvWI7tCc4gIVFsRkCh2B6A2HEAkYAiABEgLucfD_BwE&hide_login_modal=true

I paid more than $8 so I'm not sure what the HECK that is. But they are identical. LOL!

I just did a quick Google search of "pink tennies with bows" and loads came up from different sites.

Thank you for the response! Your report is great!

Sounds like a nice arrival in MCO, let the fun begin!

Hey, you know those ads that appear in the middle of the thread on each page of the DIS? There was one right after your last chapter for 50% off laser hair removal. I'm not sure what that means, just letting you know. ;)

Yep. Previous to our trip last August - when time and $$$ was a bit more plentiful - we would do the first week of the trip in a rental house, relax by the pool, get the shopping (mostly) out of their system, do "the dark side" parks, and then we shifted to Disney for the next week/ten days. So we've always picked up a rental at the airport, then dump it before moving to Disney. Hence the absence of using ME and the luggage service.
I experimented with a rental while staying on Disney in August, and I think there were enough benefits that I may well rent a car for the next trip.
But yes, free is always good. Anything with chocolate is better.

That makes total sense. I'd love to spend more time down in the Keys and might very well do that since the last time I was there was too long ago. So I can see renting a car of trekking to some off site stuff for some days then finishing at WDW.

Sounds like a nice arrival in MCO, let the fun begin!

Hey, you know those ads that appear in the middle of the thread on each page of the DIS? There was one right after your last chapter for 50% off laser hair removal. I'm not sure what that means, just letting you know. ;)

It was, other than the wrong side of the terminal move. Rookie! :headache:

WHAT!!?!?

I find that hilarious!! And somewhat comforted it wasn't something more incriminating!

Vacation begins when one saunters out the door from the last shift of work. It's an unwritten rule and truth.

The form of locomotion matters not. It's the leaving work that reigns supreme.

I contracted a quite curable case of FOMO.

What? :confused3

the only cure known is to add days to the trip

::yes:: Always. Always the cure.

It's what sensible traveler's to Disney do anyway. So I did.

::yes:: Very sensible of you.

in the end, @jedijill opened up her bag of pixie dust and practically covered us from head to toe with 2 nights in her Kidani room with a Savanah view. Hello!

Super nice of her! And... woot! for you!

With a far better option than crashing on a Disney lawn somewhere,

Because of the love bugs, right?

Most of you do know that I start to pack for my Disney trips weeks in advance,

::yes::

by Monday, I was down to putting in the last few items like... you know... underwear. (If you have read my past TRs, you'll get that rather obscure reference.)

I do! Go, commando girl!

it became odiferously clear that deodorant is equally important in 90 degree Florida heat. I brought the EPIC stink to the Meet

Oh dear.

On the bright side, it was just where I left it on the bathroom counter when I got home.

yay! unmoving deodorant!

my son who was taking me to the shuttle drop off point around 2:10 AM that night.

ouch.
Very good of him to do that for you.

It was the first time I took an airport shuttle and I'll never go back to parking at the airport or finding a sceevy motel to camp in before my early morning flights.

Good! No more late night moving furniture to block doors.
(Not good in case of fire. Good in case of intruder. Weigh your options.)

a prickly pear marg and some pork belly tacos. Let the Chunky begin...

Looks good!

getting all gussied up for people I'd never see again.

:laughing: You sound like the skipper of the Jungle Cruise: "Wave to the people on the dock. You'll never see them again."

As for meeting @buzzrelly , I already knew I'd be a hot mess anyway because it takes approximately 14 seconds in the Florida weather to look like crap. Oh well, Kelly, I tried!

I'm quite sure you looked absolutely fabulous.

I'm one of those weirdos who would rather sit for over an hour with a cup of coffee and my phone, than run to a gate.

I guess I'm a weirdo too. I want to sashay up to my gate and not be fashionably late, thankyouverymuch.

Because A) running happens very little anymore (unless there is a Disney bus waiting at my depot and I see it from the park exit),

A very good reason. And betting this happened...

I've missed or almost missed too many flights in my irresponsible past

Oh? That surprises me.

PDX carpet foot shot!
(Nice shoes (and tootsies) by the way.)

I'm not sure why, but I almost have the feeling I've seen those before. Huh. (The shoes I mean. Not the tootsies.)

Remember that coffee? It does 2 things. It wakes me up and tastes delicious. But more importantly, it absolutely ensures that I will be the most annoying seatmate EVER to the unfortunate souls who chose to take the middle and aisle next to me.

Note to self. Do NOT under any circumstances sit beside Liesa on a plane.
Considering we live nowhere close to each other... I suspect I'm safe.

Well, at least I wasn't a screaming baby. No judging from this quarter. I've been that parent a few (dozen) times.

I haven't... we got lucky.
But I have been on a few flights with screaming kids. It happens. That's what headphones and movies are for.

I ended up with this view:

I should hope so! Otherwise that exit will have a rather sudden drop to it.

I'm not sure what's worse, exit row passengers who've had 3 stiff drinks, or one who isn't there most of the time.

Hmmm... I think the former helps deal with the latter.

Finally landing, I remembered my carry-on, hat, and jacket, and made my way to the nearest bathroom

You're kidding...

(shush you),

Whoops! Sorry!

:rolleyes:

...only to find out that I went to the wrong side- Southwest flights are on Side A

I was going to ask about this, but...

As a side note: Remember Boys and Girls, if you add extra days onto the front end of a trip with very little notice you don't get any shiny yellow tags.

... then I read that part and the nickel dropped.

Also, I did talk to ME a day or so before I left and they did tell me I could have used the tags for Coronado... just to scratch off "Coronado" and write in "XXX Resort" in sharpie. I wish I'd had that conversation with them BEFORE I'd thrown them away.

D'oh!

But... good to know for the future.

As I was waiting for my bag, I received a 2nd shot of pixie dust. My phone lit up with a text from @docsoliday1 saying he was in the area and was offering to pick me up and take me to Kidani!

No way! How did he know you were landing then???

We happily chatted like old friends all the way to Kidani Village

:)

Is this your shot from the car? Or just a Google one?

Okay, right after bag check I was feeling the magic all over again. :rolleyes:

:goodvibes

The form of locomotion matters not. It's the leaving work that reigns supreme.

Very true. Although if one looks good while exiting, all the better!

FOMO- Fear of Missing Out.

::yes:: Always. Always the cure.

YES! Although very much like Drug Companies, Disney makes the cure unaffordable a lot of the time.

::yes:: Very sensible of you.

Why thank you!

Super nice of her! And... woot! for you!

And we hit it off very well too!

Because of the love bugs, right?

They were dis-gust-ING! Everywhere!

I do! Go, commando girl!

94f4158590c030488d20afd9dd34a1d9.jpg

Sexy skunk!

ouch.
Very good of him to do that for you.

It was. He's a good kid.

Good! No more late night moving furniture to block doors.
(Not good in case of fire. Good in case of intruder. Weigh your options.)

Tough call...

:laughing: You sound like the skipper of the Jungle Cruise: "Wave to the people on the dock. You'll never see them again."

:laughing:

I'm quite sure you looked absolutely fabulous.

It was 2:00AM. Nothing good or fabulous happens at 2:00AM.

I guess I'm a weirdo too. I want to sashay up to my gate and not be fashionably late, thankyouverymuch.

I was the only one for quite a while. I was okay with that.

A very good reason. And betting this happened...

I'll bet it's happened to every person taking a Disney bus ever.

Oh? That surprises me.

Not always my fault.

PDX carpet foot shot!
(Nice shoes (and tootsies) by the way.)

I'm not sure why, but I almost have the feeling I've seen those before. Huh. (The shoes I mean. Not the tootsies.)

I did post a photo of them (well... ones like them... the ones I HAD ordered :rolleyes2) in my PTR a few chapters back.

Note to self. Do NOT under any circumstances sit beside Liesa on a plane.
Considering we live nowhere close to each other... I suspect I'm safe.

I do try to hold it as long as I can. Then, you know... as SOON as the tray table comes down, that's when I can't hold it any longer. :rolleyes:

I haven't... we got lucky.
But I have been on a few flights with screaming kids. It happens. That's what headphones and movies are for.

I"ve never been able to master the art of movie watching on a plane. Either I can't figure out how to download to my phone, I'm not traveling with a laptop, my headphones are buried to deep in my carry on to bother with, or any number of other stupid excuses.

I should hope so! Otherwise that exit will have a rather sudden drop to it.

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Passengers manage to escape from burning wreckage, only to fall to their deaths by exit being misplaced 2 rows too far back!"

You're kidding...

Shocking, I know.

No way! How did he know you were landing then???

That is a good question! I did post on here that I was taking the only daily non-stop from PDX on Alaska. Simple Google search?

Is this your shot from the car? Or just a Google one?

I passed it a couple of times on this trip... but more on that story another time....

That is a good question! I did post on here that I was taking the only daily non-stop from PDX on Alaska. Simple Google search?
Nope...didn't see your flight information.

Simple math and common sense...
You had mentioned you could be to EPCOT at a certain time. Factoring in the typical travel time on property and DME time, I figured you'd already landed or were close to it.

I was driving by the airport exit on my way to Disney figuring I'd do a few things until we could meet up at EPCOT and texted you to see where you were in the process. Turns out timing was darn near perfect.

Very true. Although if one looks good while exiting, all the better!

Absolutely! I think that's the whole point behind Dapper Days. Wanna go again??? :)

FOMO- Fear of Missing Out.

Oh! Not at all what I thought.

YES! Although very much like Drug Companies, Disney makes the cure unaffordable a lot of the time.

As a nurse... that's a very good analogy you made there.

And we hit it off very well too!

Good! :)

They were dis-gust-ING! Everywhere!

Try driving through southern Florida... More on that later.

Can we see you wearing this outfit? Just for comparison purposes of course.

Sexy skunk!

Pepe never stood a chance.

It was. He's a good kid.

:)

It was 2:00AM. Nothing good or fabulous happens at 2:00AM.

I beg to differ. :snooty:

I was the only one for quite a while. I was okay with that.

I'm frequently in the same boat.

plane...

whatever.

I'll bet it's happened to every person taking a Disney bus ever.

::yes::

Not always my fault.

Ah!

I did post a photo of them (well... ones like them... the ones I HAD ordered :rolleyes2) in my PTR a few chapters back.

Must be it. :)

I do try to hold it as long as I can. Then, you know... as SOON as the tray table comes down, that's when I can't hold it any longer. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

I"ve never been able to master the art of movie watching on a plane. Either I can't figure out how to download to my phone, I'm not traveling with a laptop, my headphones are buried to deep in my carry on to bother with, or any number of other stupid excuses.

It's a priority. I've flown too often not to have movies downloaded (unless I feel like watching the onboard entertainment) and headset or earbuds handy.

"Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Passengers manage to escape from burning wreckage, only to fall to their deaths by exit being misplaced 2 rows too far back!"

:laughing:

I would never have thought of that.
I'd be... "Oh. Some people are coming to town... I don't even remember which ones, let alone dates or times."

I passed it a couple of times on this trip... but more on that story another time....

Standing by! popcorn::

OH boy!! I'm super happy you're here and joining in! :welcome::welcome::welcome: to another version of the EPIC trip which I hope will be fun and entertaining.

Oh thanks! And I am VERY LONG overdue in responding to your past TR about your trip to Sierra Leone. I was the one who commented that I work for a humanitarian org and had also traveled there. Then I was very bad because I had typed a long response and then lost it, and then never followed up. So better late than never, and in the wrong trip report, a quick note to say that I read the whole thing, and was fascinated by your whole experience and your honesty in describing not only the good parts but also the challenging parts. And very moved by the generosity of your spirit and the impact you made. These trips bring up so many feelings, some amazing, and some that are sometimes hard to process. My trip there was ten years ago and reading about yours brought back a lot of memories, thanks for sharing it! Hope you don't mind that I posted this here instead of in your other report. :offtopic:

Extra days on a Disney trip....AND free rides to the hotel and park...what a great start!! I enjoyed following along somewhat on FB but looking forward to reading more of the details!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter