The ABCs of An EPIC Girls' Trip! May, 2019-Q is for: Quietly Sending this Trip Report off Into an Internet Sunset (8/25)

I very vividly remember looking up and seeing Steve looking very concerned. I knew that everyone there would be concerned. Thank you for caring and your staying a bit to make sure we were going to be okay. We did make sure to drink water often and we just went a LOT slower.

I think she had a nice time getting to meet some really nice people during the meal. :goodvibes
And me too.

Hi Liesa! Just got done reading through the 31 pages of your TR. I will admit that I skimmed most of the pre-trip stuff and the comments. It was so great meeting you and I hope we can do it again someday!

I was so glad your Mom was OK that night, that was so scary to see. I always worry about something like that happening with my Mom. She's going to be 69 this year and of course I worry all the time about her. I'm hoping we have much cooler weather when we go at the end of October.

Blank: my brain after a 11 hour work day.
I can totally relate.
Soonnnnn....
I knoooowwwww...
.... and yet I used the one word not on the list complements of Shaggy.
Sheesh.
Adrenaline (too much of it) does funny things....
::yes::
An EKG with 5 points of contact. At work we use 3.
Figured it was some kind of electro...
That's a very nice thing to say and you are right, very true. While yes, it can be embarrasing, it IS good to remember aside from simple curiosity, most folks are kind and just want to offer what help they can.
::yes::
For sure! I saw a scooter mishap on this trip as well, and the CMs were RIGHT there in literally seconds offering help.
What happened?
(Or are you going to say "sooonnnnn")
She is back to her normal pretty healthy self. :) YAY!
Good! :)

That was indeed scary! I knew she was going to be fine when she started apologizing, typical of us women right? We never want a fuss over us even when we need it! I thought more about a BP issue after the fact, and it was humid for early May, I know I needed to adjust to it!

I have been really impressed with Disney CM’s during emergencies, they do act fast! On a happier note Ohana was a great time with everyone and I am glad we got the picture in the lobby, it is a nice keepsake!

LOL!! Yes, we women tend to be that way, don't we? I think the sapping humidity that week was pretty bad, even I was struggling at times with getting overheated. I was so glad in the end she was ok and it ended up not being something more serious!

O'hana was a lot of fun for sure! It was a great way to start the official part of the trip off with.

Those are great pictures!

Thanks, Kelly!

That sounded fun when you told me about it. I purposely skipped your spoiler area so I can try it myself one day :-)

I'm going to try for the last ones again this Sept. I hope you spend some time there too; fun little way to kill time and a great area to do it.

I feel the same! I really like some of the changes but some of them are tripping me up!

I think it'll take a while of posting and reading to learn all the new things thrown at us.

Huh. Kind of rude.

Yes, I thought so.

Ha! That’s too funny!

We laughed quite a lot over this one!

I think you’re onto something here.

I'll never know for sure, but it sure was an interesting set of circumstances.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your mom's episode. And I had to google "sequelae", thanks for that. ;)
Thanks, Glenn! We all know that even in Disney we are all still human. Of course it stinks that bad things happen there, but it was sure good to know that if something goes wrong, Disney's got it covered!

And... you're welome! It's a GREAT word!

Hi Liesa! Just got done reading through the 31 pages of your TR. I will admit that I skimmed most of the pre-trip stuff and the comments. It was so great meeting you and I hope we can do it again someday!

We had such a great time and I too hope that EPIC 2.0 can happen again for all of us! The REAL stuff started with Letter 'W' this time around. :) I try to mix it all up with stories, photos, different parks, etc.... Lots to talk about with this trip and you were part of quite a lot of it!

I was so glad your Mom was OK that night, that was so scary to see. I always worry about something like that happening with my Mom. She's going to be 69 this year and of course I worry all the time about her. I'm hoping we have much cooler weather when we go at the end of October.

I think it was scary for everyone around! I know she felt badly for giving everyone such a scare. October should be better, although I've had some pretty HOT weather in October before. Fingers crossed!

I think it was scary for everyone around! I know she felt badly for giving everyone such a scare. October should be better, although I've had some pretty HOT weather in October before. Fingers crossed!
Typo?
Your ticker says mid September. Or are you going for an extended stay? Or twice?

Typo?
Your ticker says mid September. Or are you going for an extended stay? Or twice?
Come on @pkondz, keep up!! :lmao:

September this year, she's going with her kids.
October next year, they're doing epic girls trip number 2. She's thinking it will be better for her mom in October.

With a spring in my saunter, I waltzed through bag check to the tunes of the Sherman Brothers and made my way under the tunnel. Oh, how those tunnels bring back memories of my childhood! Side note: Once upon a time there was a wall calendar for sale that had a collection of the retro attraction posters; I took a look for it in a few places this trip and it is not there. I am hoping that I can find one during my September trip closer to the beginning of the new year.
I would love to find that calendar too.
When one is on Main Street and feeling that way, one stops at Casey’s for corn dog nuggets. It’s what’s done. There is rumor and debate over the new chicken variety, but they are still pretty good in my, at times, unrefined 3-year old palate.
Do you know I have never eaten a corn dog? I think they are more of an American thing than Canadian.
as I headed back toward HM, I noticed a woman and her son staring at a tree. “Okay”, I said to myself, “people don’t just stare at trees. Ask her what she sees.” I did, and she told me all about the Hidden Pascal Game. Well!!! That was perfect!!! I LOVE the Disney scavenger hunts around the properties and this was a brilliant way to use up the 30 minutes I had until my FP for HM, so I spent the next while finding 7 of the supposed 10 Pascals around the Tangled Tinkle Area. For those of you who don’t know about this cute little game, there are “10” (rumor is there are 10, but most websites/blogs I’ve looked at since returning show 7 or so in photos- the same number I found) camouflaged Pascals in the landscaping, on trees, lightposts, flowerboxes, etc.. Some are majorly hard!
Can't wait to try this in July! A nice addition to my Hidden Mickey hunting. :)
The most ridiculous ride photo ever in which the rider tries to get a photo of her ghosts with a phone... as if ghosts can be photographed :rolleyes2:
Love that new ride photo!
It wasn’t too much longer that we were told our table was ready and were given a choice of the stairs or the elevator. Mom doesn’t do well with stairs since her knees were done, so we opted for the elevator. Which meant we did get the quieter, in my opinion nicer, seating area of the upstairs area. #itwasstillloud
I love the second floor of Y&Y.
Of course. I was salty. I asked the hostess if we could have the table directly across the aisle from us, but was told no. For zero apparent reason at all.
So weird!
Side note: I haven’t told the story yet, but sadly, I lost ALL of my photos from this day and one other day. It’s a tragic tale of phone vs. water and I had decided not to take my good camera being too heavy to carry and push the wheelchair. So, the photos for this chapter are not my own. #shamelessinternetpilfering Perhaps, @Chrystmasangel or @Malia78 can chime in a add some photos from our time at Y&Y??
Phones and water are not a happy experience!
I about died laughing. Jenn teased me mercilessly that I had JUST finished doing a bit of soft name calling and dissed a… DISser.
Hilarious!
Would I hurry back to Yuck and Yeti? Probably not as I've done it 3 times now and I have loads of other places on my radar. I know it's more expensive, but I think I'd head to Jiko again before I'd do Y&Y again. All in all, the 5 things that sum it up:
We are eating there in July at DH's request as it is one of his faves. I haven'y eaten there since 2016 so am fine to go back. I'd rather be at Nomad's though......
O’hana included all the usual merriment with cocktails, laughter, too much food (oink, oink!), not enough ukelele, coconut races, and silliness. Mom had just arrived and we rushed from just settling her in from the airport at our resort (an entire story all of its own!) and we were both exhausted from early mornings and the heat.
Can't wait to hear the resort arrival story!
“No, not really. I’m feeling light-headed and like I might pass out.”

“Holy crap! Do you need to sit down?!”

“No, I just need to rest.” You know that way people get when they have too little bloodflow to the brain? Like they can’t make rational decisions? Yeah…
Your poor mother! And you too! So stressful!
. @disneyAndi14 , one of the other EPIC Nurses was also nearby and lent a professional hand as well. A collaborative effort is always better in circumstances like that!
So nice to have Caroline close by to lend a hand.
The amazing Poly Staff went FAR above and beyond, pulled off an incredibly professional and compassionate class act, made us feel safe and cared for and we can’t thank them enough. In fact, as I’m writing this, I am reminded that I still need to shoot off a thank you letter to them. They provided a wheelchair for us to get back to our resort and told us to just keep it for the duration of our trip. Nice gesture, but I have more commentary on this later.
So great to hear this. :goodvibes

Do you know I have never eaten a corn dog? I think they are more of an American thing than Canadian.
I don't think I ever have either. I don't like corndogs. I'm not a big cornbread fan (my mom says I'm a sorry Southerner ;)), so I prefer my hotdogs sans cornbread. Interestingly enough, I like hush puppies (only with ketchup) which are very similar.

Once upon a time there was a Golden Spoon Award

It's still a thing!
http://web.archive.org/web/20161113071332/http://www.birdsofpreydave.com:80/GoldenSpoon.html
After a bit, Jenn (@Chrystmasangel ) and I wandered off to a nearby gift shop to browse and kill time but finding nothing I couldn’t live without, we rejoined Mom

Actually, I was looking in a shop and you were right in front of me. I stopped to look at a jade elephant, and I look up to ask you something and you were just GONE! I mean seriously, I looked all through the shop again and the one across the way, and you were no where to be found. It was like you just wiggled your nose and BAM, you teleported away. I decided just to head back because I couldn't find you to see you were already back with Mom!

We were led to the one table without the window view. Of course. I was salty.

Understatement of the year!

This. This... the table (my table) that would have guests at it quickly:

I tried to talk you into moving before asking, but you wouldn't do it. What would they have done if we would have been at that table when they came back to order our drinks. Nothing, that's what.

I’d looked at the menu long before and Mom and I thought we’d share the dim sum basket for 2. It was perfect. A really lovely presentation and the assortment is quite nice.

If I recall, you were thinking about the lettuce cups too, but I talked you into sharing my Nacho's cause even before I knew it was as big as Mt. Saint Helens, I knew I couldn't eat them all. You were so nice and gave in to my demands!

Jenn ordered the Ahi Nachos. When it arrived, I think all 4 of us had a paroxysm at the size of it. It was enormous and I thought for SURE we’d not even make a small dent in it!

I couldn't believe how big they were. They weren't that much either. I think if I recall, they were $16.99.

So, the photos for this chapter are not my own. #shamelessinternetpilfering Perhaps, @Chrystmasangel or @Malia78 can chime in a add some photos from our time at Y&Y??

As I already posted, photos from me are a no go. With my hard drive crashing, there are no photos for me for quite a while. I didn't really take that many any way. Just maybe a hand full.

“XX stole my table!!!!” and I’m not even exaggerating

Nope. No exaggerating. You were seething!

Jenn teased me mercilessly that I had JUST finished doing a bit of soft name calling and dissed a… DISser

Oh I did!

“Ummm, that’s what seared ahi is, Jenn! LOL!”

Way to throw me under the bus! HAHA In my head "seared" is not raw. It has been in a pan or on a grill even if just for a moment or two. I am such a back woods girl. I never knew that it meant it was raw.

Hubby and I went out to a new cafe by us and I almost ordered a Tune Poke. He said I wouldn't like it because it had raw tuna. You should have seen him about fall off his chair when I told him I actually had it in Disney and didn't even know it. He was laughing at the story just as much as you all were laughing at me.

It really was quite good with the wasabi sauce and the crispy wontons as a base

MMMM crispy wontons! I want them right now. They were soooooo good

back to Yuck and Yeti?

I thought you liked it? Guess I was wrong for you to change the name to Yuck and yeti.

:laughing: Did she keep eating?

I did. And eating, and eating, and eating, and eating. You get the picture. They were amazing. I loved them. The crispy wonton chips were just yummy. Even after I had a food baby on board, I couldn't stop munching on the those chips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter