The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

And I was still pretty sick. That sickness lasted for 3 more weeks AFTER I got home.

Oh, that's right! Three more weeks?!?!? :hug:
Man, that's rough.

Well, how else would I know?

Several ways. Laughter. They could've just told you "We're happy!" (Which, granted is hard to hear since you have to listen to them rubbing their legs together.)

It probably was. I did catch a few winks in the car. And NO NOT while I was driving!

Phew! had me worried there for a second.

I'm a HUGE gagger... that would NOT be a good thing!

:rolleyes:

You're so... technical. ;)

Technically, yes.

I'd probably throw the rest of my back out. And not be able to stand AT ALL for weeks.

Hmmm... throw the "rest" of your back out? Have you thrown it out partially?

I found it highly amusing that Dad opted for no clothes on his kid, but not one, but 2 cellphones.

I noticed that too, but refrained from commenting on that. :)

That is one "sport" i have NEVER wanted to do other than on a guided tour.

I've always wanted to go on one of those tours. Ever since reading Tom Sawyer as a kid (think... grade 4 or so.)

Yours were probably icy? The water on these came up not a small amount over the level of the door.

Got all kinds. Snow covered. Icy (that's how Ruby almost died). Muddy. Deep puddles.... just like you describe... well... maybe not quite over the level of the door, but then again, I skirted around so might have been.

What I haven't really talked about a lot is the 200 acres of land in Mayolla that Ahmed bought (Zaindriss Waters) for them to co-op farm. Just a few months ago they were able to get the tractor and start planting. They had a big planting party and land dedication recently.

Thanks for the link! Saw you in there, too. :)

Maybe another time on another trip somewhere.

I know you used one in WDW. You posted some nice night shots from there.

Yes, I do, but I will save that for a post in the future. ;)

Okay!

I saw some growing on that walk I took near our house, a few days before, but this was the first time I took the time to snap a shot. The leaves are unmistakable.

Maybe to you! ;)

I think every country (yes, even 1st world ones) have some roads like that, but as main hwys. they're NOT fun to be on.

No. No they're not.

Oddly, I shoulda been too having lived in Crapistan and Ecuador.

Oh! That's right!

Actually, the ones in Ecuador were the worst by far. High up on mountain cliffs.... twisty.... cars drove off, slipped off, were forced off, regularly. I literally had PTSD when I came home from there in 1998.

:hug: And then they asked you to drive this...... :sad2:

I FOUND SOME!!!!! I added it into the chapter. :dancer:

I'll go back and look when I'm home. :)

You did see the quite sizable hole in the screen, yes?

I did.... and hoped there was nothing (or more importantly no one) on the other side.

Yes, I did. ;)

;)

I think near 90. But it was the humidity that was so unbearable. I don't mind humidity, tbh, but, this was pretty outrageous.

Huh. That's gotta be pretty bad, then if it's "only" in the 90s.

Yes, there is in Congo. Only a few cases so far, but it's IN THE CITY! Yikes!

Oh! Didn't know it was in the city. Oy!

But judging from the attitudes we saw it was a laziness issue.

:sad2:

I think more likely they'll end up on the black market. We have seen this over and over and over.... reminds me of the time I found USDA canned salmon clearly labeled at "Humanitarian Aid- NOT FOR RESALE" in the Crapitstan Bazaar.

Brother.

"Oh, look. We told you this wasn't for sale... so... no more for you. Sorry. Ya messed up."

Wave after wave of thunderstorms rolled over us through the night providing hour after hour of sleepless agony. The cockroaches seemed happy enough as we heard them skittering beneath us further interrupting our elusive slumber.

So, all in all a wonderful night.

Several villagers were already up to face the day- toddlers getting up before dawn seems to be a universal dilemma.

:faint: Oh man. It's comforting to know that no one else has figured it out, either.

The torrential rains made for an interesting 10-mile commute out of the villages back to the highway. The deep holes we’d bumped and jostled over 2 nights before became swimming pool-sized, car-swallowing caverns that would come back to haunt us later.

Yikes. That's...not good.

Our entry onto the highway changed our slower-paced, more picturesque journey into one of terror. We saw several (not just one or two) overturned trucks like this one and crossed the Rokel River once more.

:scared1:

Somewhere between our first stop and the bridge, our driver began to nod off. Alarmed, my aunt suggested that either myself or Rebekah take over the wheel, so he could catch an hour of sleep. Petrified, I did.

Holy crap. Yes, please take the wheel!

Colorfully costumed children, women in bright skirts and headdresses, and a troupe of drumming musicians met us on the outskirts of town. A gleeful chant filled the air with jubilant cheering and happy clapping. Swept up once again, arm in arm we danced the quarter mile or so to the Town Square’s covered meeting area.

This is becoming a daily occurrence.

IMG_6521-L.jpg

Wow--both to the monkey (ew), and the amazing ability to carry/balance all that stuff on her head!

I knew this was a custom; I knew this still happened despite: 1) the suspected transmission of Ebola by handling “bush meat” and 2) the shocking decline of monkey species in W. Africa due to habitat loss and over-hunting. Saddened, I became contemplative with having seen that and used the short drive to the clinic to process my feelings on it.

It seems like a bad idea overall.

The conditions at this clinic compared to the cleaner, tidier, more organized one in Mayola were shocking. It was, in short, deplorable. There was filth everywhere I looked, and the few meager supplies were pathetic. Whether they had them at one time but stolen for black market re-sale or never there, I do not know. The staff, in addition, was bordering on rude and ungrateful. This was very disturbing and later our team decided that we will focus on Mayola for future endeavors where the conditions are more “ready” to learn and receive, grow and develop. Yes, on the surface, the need is greater in Makeni, but with staff not even willing to do the very most basic (like covering up a pit of raw sewage- see below) they are certainly not ready to run an organized, professional clinic.

Ugh. That's really awful. It's heartbreaking to think of how many avoidable problems they could be suffering through.

It was also here that we discovered that the roads from the morning completely destroyed one of the cars braking systems and another car wouldn’t start at all.

I know I said this before, but I'm going to refer people who complain about our roads to this TR forever.

I can't believe you drove! That sounds petrifying. And with all those water-logged potholes to boot...Yikes.

You know, I thought I understood what you meant when you said the clinic was in a deplorable state, but really I wasn't even close. Seeing those photos of the exam rooms shocked me. I couldn't even imagine. And it kind of made me laugh that where I lived in Florida the big fights in my mom's circle was which hospital or birthing center was better for delivery. To be able to have those choices when in the grand scheme of thing people in Africa are using the birthing room in your photo. It's all about perspective.

It really is eye opening and such a reminder of how well we Americans have things even though we have poverty and other problems here.

Jill in CO

It's always fun to read about the adventures of Tate, but nature of this update makes it difficult for me to multi quote, but something tells me that many of his adventures are similar to things your family experienced in Crapistan.

Tea with butter and salt? :crazy2:

To answer your question about people in this country taking in strangers...doubt it would ever happen.

One little multi quote...

Ordering up, and paying with his rupees, he took in the scent of the simmering, spicy tarkari and instantly regretted his choice. It reminded him of that time he ordered a salad at the Plaza instead of the crispy and delicious fried chicken.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Last edited:
Wave after wave of thunderstorms rolled over us through the night providing hour after hour of sleepless agony.

Ugh I don't know how you have made it this far. I'm not sure how many nights it's been, but I would have collapsed into a heap of sobbing mush and been entirely useless by now.

The cockroaches seemed happy enough as we heard them skittering beneath us further interrupting our elusive slumber.

:eek: I don't know how you can be so non-cheat about bugs like this. I find my cats playing with a water bug occasionally and I'm running for the other side of the house screaming for Fran to come save me!

The day would be a long one with several more stops and travel back to the city, so dawn was the appointed hour of getting ready to depart Mayola.

Probably for the best. All the cockroaches can stay put!

The deep holes we’d bumped and jostled over 2 nights before became swimming pool-sized, car-swallowing caverns that would come back to haunt us later.

Yikes! That does not sound fun AT ALL.

the thick jungle gave way occasionally to tall grasses and palm trees beside cleared fields

Beautiful photo!

Somewhere between our first stop and the bridge, our driver began to nod off. Alarmed, my aunt suggested that either myself or Rebekah take over the wheel, so he could catch an hour of sleep. Petrified, I did. Yes, we went far slower than my passengers were used to; no we never passed another car; no we did not die.

Ugh! Smart move. No matter how unfamiliar you were with the roads and terrain, it's better than a sleepy driver!

Looking a bit closer, I gasped in surprise. Look closer…

Is that a dead monkey? I can't see it from my phone, looks like a stuffed toy, but I doubt that would have alarmed you.

It was, in short, deplorable. There was filth everywhere I looked, and the few meager supplies were pathetic. Whether they had them at one time but stolen for black market re-sale or never there, I do not know. The staff, in addition, was bordering on rude and ungrateful.

That's just wrong for them to be rude. If they want to endanger their own people they needn't take it out on you folks who are trying to help. I couldn't see really well from my phone how bad it was, but in a way, I'm glad I couldn't see it.

watching the compound’s chickens. (One of which happened to end up being one of my favorite photos from the whole trip.)

That is a great photo!

About an hour before we left, we met little Abu and his father.

Ah, well at least someone in that village was grateful. Good that at least you got to meet and care for him. I can see from the folks in charge how his injuries had grown so severe. Lucky for him you folks were there. Like you said it all happens for a reason.

this seems fairly obvious.

One would think...

Wow. Not exactly hospital corners there.
This is distressing just to witness this in photos. I can't imagine what you felt like seeing it with your own eyes.

It made me very sad. To know that some things that are so basic just are ignored or not learned. So much easily avoidable sickness.

However!

I'm surprised you didn't notice... or perhaps you weren't/aren't aware?
Or maybe you're seeing who notices?
Do you see what's on the table?

A Tiffin carrier!

OH!!! I didn't even notice it! I was so focused on the medical part of things like medications and supplies that I didn't see it! How cool is that?!

Oh, geez.... not good.

Inconvenient at the very least. It was HOT just standing around!

I wish I could have gotten a better shot. :(

Hmmm... today's pet... tomorrow's dinner?

No. It was a sick, emaciated bird ready too die of... something.

Ah! So that's where. He seems to be doing better. Hoping it remains so.

Seems to be, but needs another scan for the last remaining lump.

Place to charge your phone?!?!? Really??

Yep!! I was pretty happy about that!

That must have been nice.
Get that little connection to friends or family back home to let you know you're missed.

It was good to re-connect a bit and let people know I was safe.

:hug:
I can't even imagine how tired you must have been. I really do feel for you.

It was a tiring trip for sure.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!?!?! :laughing:

Someone told me. ;)

It made me very sad. To know that some things that are so basic just are ignored or not learned. So much easily avoidable sickness.

:sad2:

Maybe they can learn (Well of course they can... but will they?)

OH!!! I didn't even notice it! I was so focused on the medical part of things like medications and supplies that I didn't see it! How cool is that?!

Next time you go to AK (in about 3 months, 4 weeks according to your ticker) you can go to Tiffins and say you saw a real one in Africa. :)

No. It was a sick, emaciated bird ready too die of... something.

Ah.

Yep!! I was pretty happy about that!

:laughing: The things we take for granted...

It was good to re-connect a bit and let people know I was safe.

I'm sure that was comforting for them as well as yourself.

Someone told me. ;)

That's cheating! :laughing:

OMG I can't imagine going through these puddles...they are more like lakes!

Beautiful sunsets!

Our entry onto the highway changed our slower-paced, more picturesque journey into one of terror. We saw several (not just one or two) overturned trucks like this one and crossed the Rokel River once more. The memorial of the dangers of its crossing still present.

Aack scary!

Your journey reminds me of the "bridge" on Kilimanjaro Safari. Hopefully it did not feel too much like that.

You take great pictures! So photo-journalistic!

Afterwards, while everyone was wrapping up their conversations and finding their way back to the cars, I loitered with my camera alongside the road. I began to watch a woman walking along the road with the usual burden on her head. Looking a bit closer, I gasped in surprise. Look closer…

Oh dear. I remember seeing all the notices about Ebola. My company's HR team was quite...inadequate to put it lightly. They were so lazy I don't even think they read the stuff the sent out. The year that Ebola was really spreading, they sent out a notice to us employees. Mind you we are a corporate financial firm in the NY area. The following was on the notice:
1) Don't eat bush meat
2) Don't touch poo poo
3) Don't eat bats
4) Don't eat plums eaten by bats

I kid you not.
Anyways, it we all thought it was a joke but our HR dept was not bright enough to really get it. It's not a joke in Africa where the real epidemic is but when you mentioned bush meat it reminded me of that, and your picture really puts into light that bush meat was really consumed! :crazy2:

Gorgeous shot!! I love silhouette photos!!

Chapter 4- When You're Cold... You Buy Clothes
After having gotten our fill of fine food, a few favorite rides, and fun with friends, it was time for some frou-frou and a fantastic frolic, DCA Nighttime Style.

I suppose before I get carried away with more words that begin with F, I’d better just get to the frivolity of the update. Just another chapter of my little side trip to SoCal and all things DLR. Our Fabulous Foursome were ready for some down time and a few more eats, so headed out from Radiator Springs to find someplace suitable to find delicious foods and drinks. This’ll work- a little place tucked away near the Carthay Circle where the décor is as classy as it gets. I found myself in a whimsical, silly mood (YES! Before my drinks!) and had @pkondz (it was you right?) grab a couple shots of me.

I took time to wander around, as Disney always does such a fantastic job decorating with meaningful knick-knacks and found these little gems. Who wouldn't want these for their home?!

I have made a shocking discovery!!! THIS... THIS is why Disney bought the Guardians franchise!!! See?! Disney created Groot when they animated ALICE!!!!

Mind. Blown!!!

Did you know that at one time belly buttons were taboo? I found this amusing.

The soundtrack is excellent here and you can listen to it anytime (which I have, and do repeatedly, still months later) here:

It’s Disney arrangements done in soft jazz. I realize it’s not appropriate for driving to work, but I love it for listening to while I make dinner or when I enjoy a glass of wine on a weekend evening.

I have to giggle just a little, because I actually have this on right now as I write and every once in a while I quiz my 20 year old son; surprisingly, he could name all the songs. Which tells me I've done at least one thing right in my parenting. Probably not much more than that, but there ya go.

As with all great DISMeets, we talked, we laughed, we ate, we drank, we ate some more, and left rather…. satiated. I believe we ordered the mini wrapped hot dogs, a flat bread, and some Korean BBQ tacos. Alison picked all her cilantro and greens off because… it’s a rule.

Kari, sadly, had to say her goodbyes to catch her flight home which reduced us to a threesome. I was sad to see her go- she’s a GREAT touring friend and awesome company. Luckily, I’ll be seeing her again in a few weeks when we go to Seattle to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame together with my girls and again for the PNWMM in July.

While we waited for our food, I ordered a Vodka Martini with olives for the sole purpose of seeing the ice sphere get made. I was mesmorized. I think I need an ice sphere maker.

But I'm poor.

Except when I go to Disney with Alison and pkondz and get cold.

(please excuse the dark photos)

Aaaaaand the finished product after 4 (?) minutes in the press:

I have zero idea what everyone else ordered except Kari who went with a Shirley Temple. I’m sure Alison remembers… I just know mine was strong and may or may not have contributed to the decision to order a 2nd drink. Which made Paint the Night just a little more vivid. It also may or may not have been a factor in my felt need to spend $150 (you think I'm exaggerating, don't you?) on some new sweats, a fuzzy-lined jacket and pants, 5 minutes before the parade started.

What?! It was cold!

Okay, fine...

I go to DLR, I hang out with Alison, I get tipsy, and then buy clothing. It’s what I do. On the bright side, I like the sweatshirts I've bought on the last 2 trips. I probably would have like them more if I'd bought them at the Goodwill for $4.00.

There was exactly ONE store open in that area and they had exactly 3 choices- only one of which was not thin material or in something even close to my size. But I do love my ’55 Mickey hooded fuzzy sweat jacket a lot. The pants are about 2 sizes too big, but I only had about 5 minutes to find something and get back to my seat.

I also tried in vain to find a cup of hot coffee (along with 100% of my parade partners) and failed (along with 100% of my parade partners). Who knew that every single place to buy ANY hot beverage within 5 miles was closed for business?! I was less than impressed.

Anyway, I did make it back in time to my viewing spot. I was warmed up, and the catchy tune of Paint the Night started up. I turned 10 again in that instant. I love that the soundtrack gives a definite hat tip to the Baroque Hoedown of MSEP; it made me want to do just a little be-bop right there in my seat. So, I did. And because I really don’t care what people think of me (as long as I’m truly not being obnoxious, bothering someone, or doing something illegal- I do try to be considerate), I did. Speaking of which, would you like to see some crappy parade photos? You can joke all you want about “blurry drunk photos”, but I’ve tried taking them without one drop during other parades and… they’re just as bad. Dark photography with moving subjects is HARD!!! You try it!

Here's the link to the soundtrack in case you want to play it as you scroll through:

Yes, I realize that some are out of order for you parade Nazis.

It’s a lovely parade. Very, very colorful and upbeat with plenty of characters. And just long enough. Some parades can go on foooooor-eeeeeeeeeever. And generally speaking, I am not a parade-y kind of gal. You’ll find me in the shorter ride lines if I remember to avoid the sidewalk crush and closed streets. My track record sucks the last few trips. But, there’s something about a night time parade that’s different. Maybe it’s because I have happy memories of MSEP as a kid; maybe it’s because by 9:00 I’m too tired, or cold, or full to still be sauntering from attraction to attraction, I don’t know. But I do like the Party parades and the ones with lights. Don’t mind me, just doing a little opinionating… I’ll stop.

Anyhow, that wraps up The Potheads Do Disney (see earlier updates if you don’t get that reference). In the next chapter of the Cali trip, you’ll find me back at Disney for another day. Because I just can’t get enough.

:dancer:... WHEN CAN WE DO THIS AGAIN...?:dancer:

Last edited:
Oh, that's right! Three more weeks?!?!? :hug:
Man, that's rough.

Yes, but luckily my voice came back in a few days.

Several ways. Laughter. They could've just told you "We're happy!" (Which, granted is hard to hear since you have to listen to them rubbing their legs together.)

Isn't this how crickets talk??

Hmmm... throw the "rest" of your back out? Have you thrown it out partially?

Oh, it's always a little 50-years-old sore.

I've always wanted to go on one of those tours. Ever since reading Tom Sawyer as a kid (think... grade 4 or so.)

Then you'd best head back to Kentucky again and choose one of the many tours Mammoth caves has. Incredible!!

Got all kinds. Snow covered. Icy (that's how Ruby almost died). Muddy. Deep puddles.... just like you describe... well... maybe not quite over the level of the door, but then again, I skirted around so might have been.

I don't think I've heard the icy road story, although I've seen you mention it a few times on the Boards.

I know you used one in WDW. You posted some nice night shots from there.

Yes, I did, and will again. I got a brand new tripod a month or so ago and will likely try and bring it for some resort shots. Maybe.

:hug: And then they asked you to drive this...... :sad2:

Well, if you go slow enough I think it brings it to a safe level. Well, more so anyway.

Brother.

"Oh, look. We told you this wasn't for sale... so... no more for you. Sorry. Ya messed up."

Exactly!

So, all in all a wonderful night.

Yeah, pretty much... no.

:faint: Oh man. It's comforting to know that no one else has figured it out, either.

Weekends are pretty much gone forever. Well, until they move out anyway.

Holy crap. Yes, please take the wheel!

I did! And now I can say I've driven on 4 continents. ;)

This is becoming a daily occurrence.

Yes. And I was giddy!

Wow--both to the monkey (ew), and the amazing ability to carry/balance all that stuff on her head!

That never got old.

Ugh. That's really awful. It's heartbreaking to think of how many avoidable problems they could be suffering through.

It really is. Such simple fixes and yet, laziness, lack of education and lack of resources are so pervasive.

I know I said this before, but I'm going to refer people who complain about our roads to this TR forever.

Send them my way... it'll be nice to have some new readers!

I can't believe you drove! That sounds petrifying. And with all those water-logged potholes to boot...Yikes.

I know! I never, ever would have predicted that!
But I did okay. I mean, no one died. LOL!

You know, I thought I understood what you meant when you said the clinic was in a deplorable state, but really I wasn't even close. Seeing those photos of the exam rooms shocked me. I couldn't even imagine. And it kind of made me laugh that where I lived in Florida the big fights in my mom's circle was which hospital or birthing center was better for delivery. To be able to have those choices when in the grand scheme of thing people in Africa are using the birthing room in your photo. It's all about perspective.

It really is eye opening and such a reminder of how well we Americans have things even though we have poverty and other problems here.

Yes, Ladies, First World problems. We are so unimaginably wealthy and blessed.

It's always fun to read about the adventures of Tate, but nature of this update makes it difficult for me to multi quote, but something tells me that many of his adventures are similar to things your family experienced in Crapistan.

I think you could draw a few parallels, yes. ;)

Tea with butter and salt? :crazy2:

It's definitely something very different.

To answer your question about people in this country taking in strangers...doubt it would ever happen.

No, I do not think so. Just a very different world. Although, I AM toying with the idea of AirBnBing one room.

One little multi quote...

I have seen the error of my ways. I will ever not order the chicken again. ;)

Ugh I don't know how you have made it this far. I'm not sure how many nights it's been, but I would have collapsed into a heap of sobbing mush and been entirely useless by now.

There was no choice but to keep on keepin' on. FAR too much time, energy, and money was invested into the trip already and we were at the mercy of our hosts. One foot in front of the other.

:eek: I don't know how you can be so non-cheat about bugs like this. I find my cats playing with a water bug occasionally and I'm running for the other side of the house screaming for Fran to come save me!

Most are perfectly harmless. Not that I want them in my house, but unless they are a spider or a bug I know will bite, I'll just generally leave them alone.

Beautiful photo!
Thanks!

Ugh! Smart move. No matter how unfamiliar you were with the roads and terrain, it's better than a sleepy driver!

Yes!!! Especially with trucks coming at you from the other way.

Is that a dead monkey? I can't see it from my phone, looks like a stuffed toy, but I doubt that would have alarmed you.

Yes, it is. :(

That's just wrong for them to be rude. If they want to endanger their own people they needn't take it out on you folks who are trying to help. I couldn't see really well from my phone how bad it was, but in a way, I'm glad I couldn't see it.

I think you'd be rather shocked at how bad it really was. So, so sad.
Ah, well at least someone in that village was grateful. Good that at least you got to meet and care for him. I can see from the folks in charge how his injuries had grown so severe. Lucky for him you folks were there. Like you said it all happens for a reason.

Finally took a quick break from chores/work and watched the videos.

So... just how much in 7th Heaven were you!?!
That's.... National Geographic stuff right there.

Pretty much some of the most memorable, amazing moments of my life. I can't believe I got to see and hear REAL African music!

Next time you go to AK (in about 3 months, 4 weeks according to your ticker) you can go to Tiffins and say you saw a real one in Africa. :)

And even less now!!

I'm.... pretty excited!

I'm sure that was comforting for them as well as yourself.

I imagine it was. :chat: :goodvibes

OMG I can't imagine going through these puddles...they are more like lakes!

I know!!! We could go around a few, but the road was narrow with tall grass on both sides, so we had to go through most.

Beautiful sunsets!

Thanks!

Your journey reminds me of the "bridge" on Kilimanjaro Safari. Hopefully it did not feel too much like that.

No, it was pretty sturdy considering.

You take great pictures! So photo-journalistic!

Awww, thanks, Su-Lynn. I love my hobby.

Oh dear. I remember seeing all the notices about Ebola. My company's HR team was quite...inadequate to put it lightly. They were so lazy I don't even think they read the stuff the sent out. The year that Ebola was really spreading, they sent out a notice to us employees. Mind you we are a corporate financial firm in the NY area. The following was on the notice:
1) Don't eat bush meat
2) Don't touch poo poo
3) Don't eat bats
4) Don't eat plums eaten by bats

I kid you not.
Anyways, it we all thought it was a joke but our HR dept was not bright enough to really get it. It's not a joke in Africa where the real epidemic is but when you mentioned bush meat it reminded me of that, and your picture really puts into light that bush meat was really consumed! :crazy2:

WOW! So silly and ridiculous. Like anyone is urban NY would eat or touch bush meat or bats.

Brother. :sad2:

But yes, it is a big deal there and bigger now that yet another outbreak is under way in Congo. I think they may have it contained, but... it spreads so quickly.

Gorgeous shot!! I love silhouette photos!!

Thank you again. Like I said, I really love this one.

it was time for some frou-frou and a fantastic frolic,

Excuse me, you may have, but I didn't. I'm far too manly to do that, ya know.

I suppose before I get carried away with more words that begin with F,

Careful now! :eek:

I found myself in a whimsical, silly mood (YES! Before my drinks!)

:rolleyes1:

and had @pkondz (it was you right?) grab a couple shots of me.

::yes::

Who wouldn't want these for their home?!

People with Ornithophobia, that's who.

I have made a shocking discovery!!! THIS... THIS is why Disney bought the Guardians franchise!!! See?! Disney created Groot when they animated ALICE!!!!

Mind. Blown!!!

:lmao: You've figured it out!!!

Did you know that at one time belly buttons were taboo?

I did know that.
You've never watched I Dream of Jeannie?

No belly buttons allowed. They had to adjust the costume to cover it.

It’s Disney arrangements done in soft jazz. I realize it’s not appropriate for driving to work, but I love it for listening to while I make dinner or when I enjoy a glass of wine on a weekend evening.

Where do you find these things?!?!?

I have to giggle just a little, because I actually have this on right now as I write

Well, I'm chuckling a bit too, since I'm listening to it right now, too. :)

every once in a while I quiz my 20 year old son; surprisingly, he could name all the songs.

Huh! Impressed.

Which tells me I've done at least one thing right in my parenting.

I believe we ordered the mini wrapped hot dogs,

We had to. Kay ate them all last time.

I was sad to see her go- she’s a GREAT touring friend and awesome company.

Yes she is. I enjoyed her company very much. :)

I think I need an ice sphere maker.

Sure! No problem. Here ya go:
Cirrus Ice Ball Press Kit
You'll of course want the bigger one for full impact. Only $1,000.

But I'm poor.

Nevermind then. :rolleyes:

Aaaaaand the finished product after 4 (?) minutes in the press:

I think it was really only about a minute. If that.

It also may or may not have been a factor in my felt need to spend $150 (you think I'm exaggerating, don't you?) on some new sweats, a fuzzy-lined jacket and pants, 5 minutes before the parade started.

I remember that. I couldn't believe you spent that much.

I go to DLR, I hang out with Alison, I get tipsy, and then buy clothing. It’s what I do.

Yes. Yes it is!

I also tried in vain to find a cup of hot coffee (along with 100% of my parade partners)

Um... no. pkondz does not do coffee. Unless you don't consider me as one of your parade partners, which is understandable.

I turned 10 again in that instant.

:goodvibes Awwwww....

it made me want to do just a little be-bop right there in my seat. So, I did.

Yes you did! I remember seeing that. :)

Dark photography with moving subjects is HARD!!! You try it!

I did. And didn't do as well as you did.

Yes, I realize that some are out of order for you parade Nazis.

:lmao:

But, there’s something about a night time parade that’s different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter