The ABCs of Starting Over- OR to KY Roadtrip + WDW 50th Ann. Trip 9/28-10/4; Day 6 and REPORT COMPLETE!

I don't think I've already posted this...it was in my insert quotes buffer when I tried to quote in another thread, so I figure I probably hadn't finished with that secrion of the trip, but to continue to attempt to catch up, cest la vie

So, with a bit of tweaking
Glad it's not twerking. Sorry, but that's a fad that is really puzzling to me.

Beautiful

After our 8:00AM tour (early, hence the reason I chose to head for Page to sleep the night before instead of Flagstaff
Makes perfect sense.

as this is the point my research begins to peter out.
Why does Peter always get the bad rap? Don't here someone saying Paul out or Mary out. Poor Peter.

but I AM hoping to see armadillo
If you see one, please run over it (multiple times). Vile creatures. Constantly tearing up my yard and have NO redeeming qualities. Unfortunately, no natural predators and an invasive, non-native species here in FL.

Hopefully we’ll get to S.A. in time to do the River Walk and have dinner at a place Marcia suggested called the BBQ Station
I went to basic training there and seem to recall doing the river walk with my DS an DBIL when we got liberty, but to be honest....I was sooooo happy to not be on base, can't say as I remember much. Of course, the fact it was nearly 40 years ago might have something to do with that.

I am obsessed with finally seeing a wild alligator and some snakes in their natural habitat.
I wish you'd told me. Could've showed you any of the times you were here. No shortage of gators (or gator fans) here.

Just had a rattler crossing the road the other day, but didn't know it was a rattler until I was passing it....thought it was debris or part fallen off of a car. Big one too. About 5-6 inches diameter. Wish I wasn't in a hurry or I would've turned around and killed it. If they'd kill armadillos, I'd like 'em ;)

I've skimmed a lot and although I have commented a fair bit, so much more I wanted to comment about...so many good plans and I'm envious.

We’re down to shopping for our road trip snacks, topping off the gas tank, and packing up my bedding and such. Small things in the grand scheme of things. My camera gear is ready, and I’m stoked to be setting out on this epic adventure.

The goal is to post a photo or two each evening as highlights of the day’s events. It is equally as conceivable I go dark for a bit. It wholly depends on cell reception, internet, and my attitude. 😉
Sounds well planned and you're ready to go. Happy for ya.

"Camping" in tipis
I thought that was a typo and looked it up. Guess that was the original spelling. As someone who's over 1/4 Cheeokee...I feel really stupid.

Day 6 Sneak Peeks:

F0C2AE1D-398F-4885-92AD-7B9BC72DCDC9.jpeg
Cute picture, pretty lady.

I too thought your dam picture was Hoover and was thinking...been there. I too was dam surprised when it wasn't. Hope you and Zach had a dam good time.

Wow! Sorry it took so long for me to read and get caught up. What an amazing adventure - from a "beaver" about 35 miles southwest of your previous home ;-)
(If I ever get tired of my home state, I'll probably end up in NorCal - don't think I could stand being so far from an ocean, or not being a PNWer!)

You mentioned looking for gators 🐊- finally got to go to WDW for the first time (well, first time since I was in 5th grade, in 1985) and I kept my eyes peeled for some signs of gator - was super disappointed I didn't see a single one, darn it!

When (if) I ever retire, I'm going to use this TR as a road map for my first post-work-life road map. Everything you're doing is right up my alley! Looking forward to your further adventures, especially when you hit WDW!!
Well, as I told Liesa. If you really.want to see gators, give me a shout if you're at da world. I live about 30 min away and can guarantee I can show you gators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter