The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

You know where the road that's paved with good intentions lead....

Then maybe I should have some good intentions about getting my laundry done. Then I'll never have to do it.

How'd he do?
Took Kay out last week and she didn't do too bad.
Kept it real simple for her of course.

Ok. I've been keeping him in our neighborhood (virtually NO cars) to just get the feel of braking and accelerating and turning into and backing out of driveways. But I got bold and had him go on our 2 lane highway and just about crapped my pants for 8 minutes. It felt like 3 lifetimes. I think a bit more practice in lane control at 55 mph would probably be good before we do that again with oncoming traffic. For only about 2 hours TOTAL of practice, he's doing ok, but has a LONG way to go.

So.... did not know about the 250 page limit.
Immediately went over to my TR to check...

That should be plenty to finish it off.

Yeah, TRs are a bit better to gauge for what you'll need. A PTR is harder because you get to go until you leave. It's been averaging a couple pages a day which spills me WAY over the 250.

Let me know what this "reasonable amount of sleep" is like!

It would have been great, except I think I picked up what Mikki has been dealing with- stomach cramps and nausea. I woke up feeling ok, but it was dicey there from about 2-4 AM. So, nope, not good sleep. I honestly don't think I'll ever have full, restorative good night's sleep again.

Wow! So these HIPPA laws are crazy stupid in so many ways! I mean yeah privacy is good, but then there are stupid precautions. One good thing about having a same sex spouse is that I can almost always pose as her on the telephone. Even peple who know us pretty well can't tell our voices apart on the telephone, so I can easily handle all the arrangements for medical stuff.

Teaching a teenager to drive just sounds like :scared1:

I'll be looking out for the new link. Sounds like a good idea now that you have opened more than just a new chapter. Sort of like a new book, say volume 2!

Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z

The end of the alphabet; the last few drinks, in this quest to have 1 drink for each letter of the alphabet during my 11 day trip to Disney. Can it be done? (Shh! I didn't ask if it SHOULD be done.) Chances are about 50/50, but I'll leave the guessing up to you, so everyone has a fair shot at the Contest.

Let's finish up this series, then, on to Keeping Things Kooky.

We're down to the last 2 days of our trip. That's 3 drinks on 1 of those days, and 2 on the last. I honestly don't think it'll be too tough, except that there is a Challenge drink and some lesser used letters in this group. 3 drinks in one day may sound like a lot, but you'll see it's really not quite that much in a bit...

Our last day in the parks has us at MK in the morning, immediately causing a loss in all morning hours. No biggie. We plan to pound out a LOT of rides this morning anyway, so all's well. Everyone who's riding SM will thank me. But, as we shift over to our last foray into F&W, I'll pick up the pieces and find a couple of the smaller samplings they have starting out with:

Verum Pinot Noir at the Patagonia Kiosk for Letter 'V'.

227592.jpg

It's a teensy little 6 oz pour, so not much stumbling around to follow. And plenty more room for trying others.

Moving on to Letter 'W', I'm going to go generic as I did with "Margarita" for Letter 'M'. Because duh, we're there for Food and WINE. With about 4 million choices, I"m sure 'W' will be a snap.

'X' will be a lot more problematic, not because I didn't find something, but because what I DID find is a beer. I hate beer. To me, it all tastes the same, and it is all gross. You can talk to me all day long about "more hoppy", "more fruity", "more full-bodied", "blah, blah, blah...". No thanks. Except for this quest. I will make one exception to take one for the team. Yeah, yeah, I'm a one-gal team. So what?

So, in honor of Letter 'X' I'll have a sip or 2 of a Xingu Beer at the Brazil Kiosk at F&W, then pass it along to my better half who really enjoys this tar in a glass. And with that, we'll call it a day after washing out that nasty taste with a few desserts from a few kiosks. Seriously, my Rice Cream oughta take care of that nicely. Opposite ends of the gustatory experience right there.

xingu.jpg

Our last day brings us to Letters 'Y' and 'Z'. Mike and I will have only a few hours left before we have to hang our heads and take the ride of DUD Shame at 1:30. Can we actually squeeze in 2 drinks? I am REALLY hoping to take this ONE last opportunity to sit by the pool after the kids get on their own bus, read my book and sip... drinking in the good life. After taking a peek or two, or 20 at the menus from all over the AKL area, including the pool bars, there are exactly ZERO drinks that begin with 'Y'. So, naturally, this is the 6th and last Challenge Drink. As usual, I'll try. I'll ask those who are in the know if they can come up with something fun and tasty. If not, (and this is a major hint for those who are playing the contest...) I have a little something up my sleeve. Literally, perhaps. And as far as I know it's not against any rules.

After we get dressed and are waiting for our DUD, I'll grab one last drink: my 'Z' for Zebratini, with lunch.

aeb75fc6115bf09465a012329a645286.jpg

One for the road because Disney provides a DD in exchange for a 2nd mortgage on your house.

I wonder if I can get this to-go?

And speaking of going... I get to now go do the dishes.

Last edited:
Wow! So these HIPPA laws are crazy stupid in so many ways! I mean yeah privacy is good, but then there are stupid precautions. One good thing about having a same sex spouse is that I can almost always pose as her on the telephone. Even peple who know us pretty well can't tell our voices apart on the telephone, so I can easily handle all the arrangements for medical stuff.

They are at times, WAY overboard. So incredibly silly, made by people who probably had good intentions, but left out the common sense portion. Which is epidemic in most places now. My twin sisters used to do that all the time too. One even took the drivers test for the other once. Not the best move, but they did get away with it.

Teaching a teenager to drive just sounds like :scared1:

Doing their best to keep Clairol in business.

I'll be looking out for the new link. Sounds like a good idea now that you have opened more than just a new chapter. Sort of like a new book, say volume 2!

Yes, I like that: Volume 2.

I do believe your last drink will be your best! If you need it to go, you can pour what's left in your refillable mug for the bus ride. :drinking1

I have a challenge for you. Have you ever had this Frambroise?

It tastes like raspberry wine, but it is a beer!

I do believe your last drink will be your best! If you need it to go, you can pour what's left in your refillable mug for the bus ride. :drinking1

I actually haven't decided if I"m getting the mugs yet... We just don't drink pop all that much, and of all the places we can save money (and calories), it's that. Free water is at the parks even in cups with ice. ;) But it's possible.

I have a challenge for you. Have you ever had this Frambroise?

It tastes like raspberry wine, but it is a beer!

I haven't. I wonder if I can get it at my local store here? It actually sounds delicious. Hmmm.....

Apparently, we can pay ALL his bills, carry his insurance, and clothe, feed, and love him, but cannot make an appointment for him. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that is stooooooopid. So, basically, by the time I played ring-around-the rosy with 2 different offices and then finally got Zach to call them (both) and give them verbal permission to freaking just MAKE an appt for the MRI, it was Friday.

Even with stoooooooopid HIPPA he can give consent for you to be informed and be in charge. He may need to sign something but at least for the time being it is easier.. Just a thought.

Even with stoooooooopid HIPPA he can give consent for you to be informed and be in charge. He may need to sign something but at least for the time being it is easier.. Just a thought.

Probably a Healthcare Power of Attorney. We were just talking about this, actually. I just signed up to get online access to my kids' health records (mainly to fill out camp forms with immunization dates) and found out I only have partial access to the teen's records! At least immunization records are available.

I actually haven't decided if I"m getting the mugs yet... We just don't drink pop all that much, and of all the places we can save money (and calories), it's that. Free water is at the parks even in cups with ice. ;) But it's possible.

I haven't. I wonder if I can get it at my local store here? It actually sounds delicious. Hmmm.....

I think you can find it. I was first introduced in KFalls at an Italian mom and pop store and restaurant. I find it here at Costco. I'm sure you can locate it up there.

Every state and every clinic handles it differently and the rules are a little open to interpretation. I know Oregon is stricter than Texas. Here in Texas, we have them sign a form listing who can have information from their chart, and then we can just release to those people listed with no problem.

Yes, he can, but sadly we lost about 4 days+ a weekend now to just make an appt. That's dumb.

Probably a Healthcare Power of Attorney. We were just talking about this, actually. I just signed up to get online access to my kids' health records (mainly to fill out camp forms with immunization dates) and found out I only have partial access to the teen's records! At least immunization records are available.

They told us he just needs to call and give verbal consent to make the appt, which he's done now. So my lunch break will be doing that tomorrow.

Every state and every clinic handles it differently and the rules are a little open to interpretation. I know Oregon is stricter than Texas. Here in Texas, we have them sign a form listing who can have information from their chart, and then we can just release to those people listed with no problem.
It is just so odd to me that I can't make an apt for him. Seems a little (ok a lot!) overboard to me.

For an appt, that makes sense, but you may need the POA just in case for anything more major.

Yes, I think so. I mean I'm not even getting any information about his health whatsoever by just calling and setting up a time. LOL! Results are a different story. I'll know more in a few hours when I can call.

Also, a quick update on Zach, since I forgot last night...

Ah! I was wondering, but didn't want to push.

The story is that now that he is 18 the doctor's offices won't even talk to me.

oy

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that is stooooooopid.

agreed!

Long story short, no, no appt yet, for either the MRI OR seeing the neurologist. I will definitely let you all know the outcomes and everything.

Okay. Thanks for the update.

He has not had anymore spells, which is obviously a huge piece of good news.

That's good!

Then maybe I should have some good intentions about getting my laundry done. Then I'll never have to do it.

Become wealthy. Hire someone to do it for you.
Or just keep buying new clothes.

Ok. I've been keeping him in our neighborhood (virtually NO cars) to just get the feel of braking and accelerating and turning into and backing out of driveways. But I got bold and had him go on our 2 lane highway and just about crapped my pants for 8 minutes. It felt like 3 lifetimes. I think a bit more practice in lane control at 55 mph would probably be good before we do that again with oncoming traffic. For only about 2 hours TOTAL of practice, he's doing ok, but has a LONG way to go.

Pretty much the same here.
Except....

"Okay. At the lights, turn left into the left most lane. But then you're going to have to do two lane changes to get over to the far right."

It did not go very well.

It would have been great, except I think I picked up what Mikki has been dealing with- stomach cramps and nausea. I woke up feeling ok, but it was dicey there from about 2-4 AM. So, nope, not good sleep.

Sorry to hear that.

I honestly don't think I'll ever have full, restorative good night's sleep again.

<sigh> Yeah. I hear ya.

Can it be done? (Shh! I didn't ask if it SHOULD be done.)

:laughing: Thanks for clarifying!

It's a teensy little 6 oz pour, so not much stumbling around to follow.

My condolences on the minuteness of the beverage.

Because duh, we're there for Food and WINE. With about 4 million choices, I"m sure 'W' will be a snap.

:laughing: True! And I don't know if I would've thought of that!

I hate beer. To me, it all tastes the same, and it is all gross. You can talk to me all day long about "more hoppy", "more fruity", "more full-bodied", "blah, blah, blah...". No thanks.

I feel the same.

I will make one exception to take one for the team. Yeah, yeah, I'm a one-gal team. So what?

:lmao:

I am REALLY hoping to take this ONE last opportunity to sit by the pool after the kids get on their own bus, read my book and sip... drinking in the good life.

Sounds.... totally relaxing and wonderful.

there are exactly ZERO drinks that begin with 'Y'.

Yikes!

I have a little something up my sleeve. Literally, perhaps. And as far as I know it's not against any rules.

Interesting...

my 'Z' for Zebratini,

Man, that looks good.

And speaking of going... I get to now go do the dishes.

awesome...

not

This new job has set me behind of some of the Real Life stuff that I"ve needed to do. Like ordering my kitchen tile and finding a tile layer and following up on Zach's little episode the other day. The story is that now that he is 18 the doctor's offices won't even talk to me. Apparently, we can pay ALL his bills, carry his insurance, and clothe, feed, and love him, but cannot make an appointment for him. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that is stooooooopid. So, basically, by the time I played ring-around-the rosy with 2 different offices and then finally got Zach to call them (both) and give them verbal permission to freaking just MAKE an appt for the MRI, it was Friday. Of course, they are all closed on Friday. So now, to even just get him scheduled, it will be Monday. On my lunch break. Which is totally what I want to do on my lunch break. Long story short, no, no appt yet, for either the MRI OR seeing the neurologist. I will definitely let you all know the outcomes and everything. He has not had anymore spells, which is obviously a huge piece of good news.

:faint: I'm exhausted just reading this. Anyway, I'm not glad for health care politics, but I am glad he hasn't had any more spells.

The end of the alphabet; the last few drinks, in this quest to have 1 drink for each letter of the alphabet during my 11 day trip to Disney. Can it be done? (Shh! I didn't ask if it SHOULD be done.)

Two VERY different questions!

So, in honor of Letter 'X' I'll have a sip or 2 of a Xingu Beer at the Brazil Kiosk at F&W, then pass it along to my better half who really enjoys this tar in a glass.

Mmm...tar....

After taking a peek or two, or 20 at the menus from all over the AKL area, including the pool bars, there are exactly ZERO drinks that begin with 'Y'.

No Yeunglings, huh?

I guess you could make the drink Your choice. Like a wild card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter