• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Obviously the next task here is to figure out again how to multi-quote. :rotfl2:

Oh, I hadn't even noticed. :rolleyes:

Yes, 300 and No, you weren't here. I'd have invited you had I thought there'd be a monkey's meatball's chance of you actually showing up.

Yeah, probably not, even though it would've been majorly cool. Our upcoming addition to the family is from Idaho though, so I'm sure a westerly trip is in our future at some point. Maybe even many, depending on where they settle.

And well, yes... that's actually a story. One of the things that Rebekah had wanted MOST for her special day, more than anything in the world, was to have her childhood pastor come over and bless her wedding day, IN Crapistani. It took me nearly a full year to arrange for EVERYTHING for them to come over, including their visas, wiring ALL the money for them to fly here and back, making their flight arrangements, coaching them on how to navigate an airport, taxis (they had to transfer airports in NYC), coaching them on appropriate gifts, time tables, and then hosting them for another week after the big day.

AND.... drum roll please......

I KEPT IT A SECRET FROM EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE GROOM, UNTIL THE DAY OF THE REHEARSAL!!!!!!!!!!!

NO one knew except my hubby and Bek. It blew EVERYONE away! They blessed the couple at the altar IN Crapistani, and THEN...

...during the reception, they performed and ancient ceremony called The Veil Lifting. He wrote a song specifically FOR them that introduced Nathan's family to her; each time he sang a verse about a specific family member, she would bow (TOTALLY covered) to that person and they would approach her and give her money. At the end, her new MIL lifted Bek's veil and kissed her, officially welcoming her into the family. It was so far beyond cool and so much more meaningful and beautiful than we ever could have imagined, and our guests were almost literally speechless. It was all done to his dombra playing, and they were in traditional dress- the whole bit. I have more pics and some video that MAYBE I can post.

That is so awesome!! I have no doubt that you were able to plan all of that, organize it, and keep it a secret. :worship:

Oh, I hadn't even noticed. :rolleyes:

Oh my, how very diplomatic of you.

Yeah, probably not, even though it would've been majorly cool. Our upcoming addition to the family is from Idaho though, so I'm sure a westerly trip is in our future at some point. Maybe even many, depending on where they settle.

OK, THAT would be cool! We have been to Sand Point a few times and love camping on the Lake. Salem/Portland is only 10 or so hours away depending on where in ID you're going. DO let us know! There's fantastic wheatfield about halfway in between. ;):woohoo::rolleyes:

That is so awesome!! I have no doubt that you were able to plan all of that, organize it, and keep it a secret. :worship:

It was a lot of fun to have the BIG reveal for sure! You should have seen the jaws drop! :cool1::eek::cool1:

Hi Everyone!

I'm Anara, Steppesister's DD. I'm 12 years old and am homeschooling this year.

I've been to DisneyWorld a couple of times and Disneyland twice. I like WDW WAY more than DLR because it's so much bigger and there's a LOT more things to see and do and eat!

I have a pet rat named Bridgette and am hoping to get 2 goats this spring. We are building a shed for them and are putting up some fencing for them.

I am a blue belt in Karate and will take my test for my next belt after my foot gets better. (I broke it last summer, but it took a long time to heal. A cow stepped on it. :scared:)

My favorite Disney princess is Belle because she doesn't fall in love at first sight and isn't stupid.

My dream resort is AKL and I hope we get to stay there, and my favorite memory is going on Splash Mountain over and over and over one night. I really like the fireworks too, especially when Tinkerbelle flies out of the castle. :tinker:

I'm looking forward to being part of this PTR, and sharing our plans with you too.

(Hi Magdelene and Katharina!!)

Hi Everyone!

I've been to DisneyWorld a couple of times and Disneyland twice. I like WDW WAY more than DLR because it's so much bigger and there's a LOT more things to see and do and eat!

I have a pet rat named Bridgette and am hoping to get 2 goats this spring. We are building a shed for them and are putting up some fencing for them.

I am a blue belt in Karate and will take my test for my next belt after my foot gets better. (I broke it last summer, but it took a long time to heal. A cow stepped on it. :scared:)

My favorite Disney princess is Belle because she doesn't fall in love at first sight and isn't stupid.

My dream resort is AKL and I hope we get to stay there, and my favorite memory is going on Splash Mountain over and over and over one night. I really like the fireworks too, especially when Tinkerbelle flies out of the castle. :tinker:

I'm looking forward to being part of this PTR, and sharing our plans with you too.

Welcome Anara. It's nice to meet you. I totally understand why Belle is your favorite princess.

I hope you get to stay at AKL too. We've stayed three times and it is quite lovely.

Looking forward to you sharing your plans with us.

Thanks for saying hi! My mom says that you live in Illinois. :) I've been there once flying through Chicago. We had pizza.

Have a Merry Christmas! :santa::santa::santa:

Thanks for saying hi! My mom says that you live in Illinois. :) I've been there once flying through Chicago. We had pizza.

Have a Merry Christmas! :santa::santa::santa:

Yes, I do. I grew up in Chicago and lived there until we moved to our new house 21 years ago. We have great pizza. But we are hoping to be living in Florida in about 21 months.

You have a Merry Christmas too.

Hi Everyone!

Hi Anara, how lovely to see you here! :goodvibes I am Magdalene, Katharina has the username nodnol.

So sorry about your foot! That sounds reall painful. I hope it heals soon. At least goats should be less dangerous when they would decide to step on you. ;)

I love your reason for liking Belle best! My favourite princess is Rapunzel for similar reasons and because she fights for being herself.

I am really looking forward to all your trip plans!

Liesa, I love the story about Rebekah's childhood priest! What a wonderful way to incorporate that part of her life into the wedding!

Liesa, I love the story about Rebekah's childhood priest! What a wonderful way to incorporate that part of her life into the wedding!

It was really very meaningful to her and really all of us. The little cupcakes had words in that language related to love and weddings and their names in Cyrrilic. She wanted elements from several cultures including the Jewish canopy (chuppah) just to represent her childhood of travel and learning to be part of many cultures.

Hello Anara!

The wedding seemed so meaningful! What a wonderful surprise you managed to pull off!

Jill in CO

Hello Anara!

The wedding seemed so meaningful! What a wonderful surprise you managed to pull off!

Jill in CO

The ironic fact is that I could have paid for at least 2!!!! solo Disney trips in place. But you are right, this was far better than even that! A memory that won't soon fade for everyone there!

I am SO glad you're here. Between the 2 of us, we oughtta keep things, ummmm, lively. :dance3:
:rotfl2: Yes, in between all the lulls and absence........ :rolleyes1

Loving the pictures you found to go with your countdown timer! And looks like you got that multi-quote thingy back in operation........ ;)

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Anara! Good to see this is turning into a family affair. There should be a whole lot of planning (and interesting banter) going on before this one is done.......... ::yes:: :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Yes, in between all the lulls and absence........ :rolleyes1

Loving the pictures you found to go with your countdown timer! And looks like you got that multi-quote thingy back in operation........ ;)

Welcome Anara! Good to see this is turning into a family affair. There should be a whole lot of planning (and interesting banter) going on before this one is done.......... ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Shut up. :mic::mic::mic: Just for that you're gonna get a whole lotta this:

>>>> :mic::mic::mic:

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS, Marv and Pat!! I got your lovely card yesterday and it's hanging up :) Thank you so much!

Thanks! ;) I learned new skilz using my Picasa to add text to a downloaded image. Nari (Anara) and had fun last night finding tickers and me teaching her some DISBoarding stuff. She's so excited!!!

It's been a VERY wonderful Christmas so far this year- as I write this on Christmas Eve late. The noise has died down, the food is put away, and the dishes are even done. :faint:

But the kids are still awake, so Santa is in a holding pattern above our Oregon cloud cover. If they don't go to bed soon, he may decide to just do a fly-by.

Anyways, on a Disney note, my DSIL, whom I haven't introduced yet, but will in my next chapter update, actually brought the trip up tonight by asking how much it would be for he and my daughter to go. I about died.

Well, here's wishing each of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! You are all so very special to me, and I hope you find peace, love, and joy in this season of celebration!!

B is for: Big, Beautiful Family!!

(Yes, I'm entirely aware that that was a stretch and super cheesy. Deal with it.)

Let me make introductions so you can follow along and know who I'm talking about. Some of these people are, at this point not going, but I think rather highly of them, so will introduce you to them anyway. And because this is so darned far off, some of them may have changed their minds in time to go, and I'm ok with that. There's plenty of time to plan for that and make changes to the lineup. The awesome part is that you get to be along for this crazy ride. It'll be kinda like watching Downton Abbey, but with cooler people and no drama.

Ok, that was a lie. There's likely to be a lot of drama, a lot of plan changing, a lot of ups and downs, but a lot of great company to hang out with.

You've already met me.

This is The Hubs, an all-around great guy, except that his tolerance for Disney is mediocre. Which too often puts a kink in my Disney Groove thing. That being said, his mediocre tolerance for all things Disney was also a factor in my going back to school. Going to Florida from Oregon costs money. Sometimes a lot of money, depending on the kind of trip, who's going, you know... all that. (Yes, since you're reading a trip report, I full well know that you know.) We bargained and haggled and came up with an... arrangement. I'll leave it at that.

Eh hem...don't get too carried away, it involves retirement savings and trips. Moving on...

Next up is my eldest son, Andrew. He is a few days shy of 24 years old, and is a 2nd year Senior at Western Kentucky University (Go Hilltoppers!) studying Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Military Science. He has a few semesters left, and will soon be comissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant upon graduation. I'm a very proud Mama. Enough said. (Sorry, ladies. For now, he's taken.)

This is my 21-year old married daughter, Rebekah. She is a wonderful homemaker and became a nurse BEFORE ME. She is an LPN who works providing in-home health care to severely disabled children. She is perfect for the job, but her real passion is to be a Mommy someday and stay at home with her kiddos. Think June Cleaver, and you've got a good picture of this one.

Let's not forget the newest addition to the family. Nathan is 23, and works for a premiere specialty knife and pen making company located in McMinnville, OR. He loves his job shaping scales for the high end knives and enjoys gaming and watching movies. Incessantly.

This here is her perfectly opposite 19-year old sister, Michaela. A 1st degree brown belt in Shao Lin-Kempo, this is my on-fire, BadHiney, Type A daughter who will probably own a Fortune 500 Company before she's 30. As I write this, she is pretty sure she is going to be going to OSU (Go Beavers!) to study BioEngineering. Her dream is to make prosthetics for War Vets and own a Karate Dojo someday.

Zach is my 16-year old who loves to read, target shoot, play board games and hang out with friends. He is not sure what he'd like to do, and finds academics more challenging than his siblings. Despite those challenges, he gives it 100% and his try-hard attitude wins him a lot of admiration.

Lastly, is Little Miss Sassy McSmartyPants, my 12-year old, Anara (KukiLala). (If you're doing the math along with me, yes, we left for Crapistan with 4 young children, and came home with ulcers and 5 children- now some even younger and some older.) Anara can probably outwit most of you reading this, will tell you exactly what she thinks about any given situation, and can make $50 in 3 hours with a lemonade stand. No lie. She's definitely my wildcard-child, so I'm not even going to try to tag her. But I would be happy to collect bets for a mere 10% handling charge plus interest. She has also been my Primary Trip Co-Conspirator, who will likely be a regular contributor here.

And there ya have it. All7(+1)ofUs- one more reason I had to change my screen name. It just didn't work anymore. We're loud, we hug, we argue, we forgive... we're probably a lot like you. A pretty normal family, who happens to love Disney.

Great family intros Liesa! :thumbsup2

Retirement savings and trips huh? Is that anything like Cynthia's Coffee on the Verandah??? :rolleyes2 ;)

Thought you already carried that June Cleaver mantle.......... :confused3

Bioengineering? I thought that was people at the sewage processing facilities........ :scratchin

Little Miss Sassy McSmartyPants???? Tell Anara she has made a huge jump into my Top Ten list of DISsers I just HAVE to meet!!! ::yes:: Really looking forward to tagging along on your plans, and reading every word Little Miss SMSP posts to keep this PTR moving while you're off smoozing pretending to be doing school work........... :coffee: :rotfl2:

Great family intros Liesa! :thumbsup2

Retirement savings and trips huh? Is that anything like Cynthia's Coffee on the Verandah??? :rolleyes2 ;)

Uhhhh, something probably along those lines.... :upsidedow

Thought you already carried that June Cleaver mantle.......... :confused3

I gladly passed that along and am trading it out for a cap and gown! pixiedust:

Bioengineering? I thought that was people at the sewage processing facilities........ :scratchin

Oddly, The Hubs best friend is exactly one of those and manages the Salem Facility just up the river from us. The discharge is less than 1/4 mile away. We do our best to keep from having him form a grudge of any kind.

Little Miss Sassy McSmartyPants???? Tell Anara she has made a huge jump into my Top Ten list of DISsers I just HAVE to meet!!! ::yes:: Really looking forward to tagging along on your plans, and reading every word Little Miss SMSP posts to keep this PTR moving while you're off smoozing pretending to be doing school work........... :coffee: :rotfl2:

I will do that. She knows she needs to reply, but says she's too busy making a mess of my house upstairs with all her cousins. Christmas apparently trumps the DIS. She has a long way to go. ::yes:: :rolleyes2:

Got another major developement on the trip front again tonight... BIG changes.

Hi Liesa! Checking in. It is great to have you back and I love your new name! So happy for you to be planning another trip! :cool1: Graduation will be something to celebrate indeed - you deserve it! :cheer2: I don't keep up well these days, but I always catch up eventually. Looking forward to the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter