The ABC's of Trip Reporting- PLEASE JOIN US ON THE NEW THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that everyone was able to participate in the tour. Sounds interesting, even moreso than the cavern tours that they have around here.

WHOO HOOTY! Good for Mikki! Hope you can stay calm!:goodvibes

Oh, BTW - I'm not sure what the settings were for sure, but I changed my screen to Holidays and I can't see the white now. Plus, it's festive!:santa:

I am pretty calm about it- except when she slams on the brakes and catapults me towards the dash. :eek:

OK, because of you, I"m now going to check out the holiday screen! I need a little festive. :santa:

Hi Liesa, I knew that you missed quite a few letters, but had not realized that it were so many! But it sounds right to me. :thumbsup2 I did not point it our at the time since I felt you were busy enough and the story is more important than the game! :goodvibes (Ok, this sounds pretty strange from someone who has proven to be pretty competitive at this game... :rolleyes1).

I hope you will hear from the job today! And good luck with the remaining 99.5 hours!! I would hate to give someone else driving lessons! I am already scared when I am driving myself!! :scared1:

Well then, you never know when those letters might crop up for an i.d.!! Watch carefully! I think you actually, with Glenn and Marv, may be in the lead- with Camille too. Will post later today.

I did not hear from the job, Wed., Thurs, OR today- except for her to tell me that the other 2 candidates are doing their working interviews tomorrow, and I'll know sometime after that. It is a little frustrating, because I need to make dentist appts. and have 3 friends waiting for me to make lunch dates iwth them soon. :headache:

Got another 1/2 hour ticked off today- still in our parking lot. I did find out that we won't need to take out an insurance policy on her, since we must be in the car with her. She just rides on our policy- that's good. A policy for just us is about $914 a year, adding one 15 year old driver..... skyrockets to $2,500!!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Oh fiddlefopp. It's hard enough keeping up with your's and Glenn's updates as it is.......now I have to search every post, every few hours if I plan to keep up........ :eek:

Well, you may have to keep an extra vigilant watch!! Those letters are holding an awful grudge, and want their turn at some tomfoolery!

Hey, you knew what was going on. At least we got to chat a little on FB. Another soccer game tonight and then a scout camp out this weekend, so here we go again. Drew's All-Star soccer team plays for the Western Division Championship tonight and if they win, they get to play for the state title the first weekend in December. :banana: I hope he can play well tonight. He is still dinged up and was slightly limping last night from getting kicked really bad on Monday.

He had his Cross Country banquet Tuesday night and got his first Varsity letter, and got named Outstanding Middle School Runner of the Year for the boys. :cheer2: His personal best for a 5K was 20:55! That would have been in hours and minutes for me...... :rotfl:

That is a seriously busy schedule!!! :scared1: I would melt in that kind of busy-ness!!!

WHOA!! That is also an incridible 5K time!! more than twice as fast as I can run it. And I use "running" awfully loosely there.

Congrats to Mikki!!! :woohoo: And prayers for patience for you!!! ;) Humorous story. When DS18 first got his permit, we were on the way home and I went a less traveled way towards the house. When I got to a suitable spot, I pulled over and told him he was driving the rest of the way home. He looked a little :eek:. DS13 was in the back of the vehicle at the time and while we were getting ready to pull out he unhooked his lap belt in the middle of the back seat, reached over and grabbed the belt/shoulder harness from the right side and pulled it all the way across and buckled it on the left side. He then took the belt/shoulder harness on the left and pulled it across and did the same thing on the right side so he was crisscrossed by the two belts and said "I'm gonna die!!!". DS18 didn't think it was funny, but I was about to fall in the floor laughing!!! :lmao:

What a hilarious story!!! HEre in Oregon, as I understand it, she is only allowed in the car with licensed drivers who are over 21, no kids. Which eliminates running errands with me. But I need to check on this, it seems pretty strict to me!

I'll say an extra prayer for you Leisa! :lmao::rotfl: I'll say another prayer when you see how much your car insurance goes up! :rotfl: I just about passed out when I saw ours! I have to say when my DS got his permit he was a pretty good driver from the first. So far (knock on wood) he has had no accidents!

I hope they call you today about the job! I'll say another prayer for that to! :)

Thanks, Wendy! I just did, and about pooped my pants when Mike told me what we are looking at once they need to be insured. Almost triples!! :scared1: So far she is pretty good; I"m not worried- yet. I may sing a different tune once she is out on the real road.

Hurray for Mikki!:drive: So sorry for your nerves and brake reflex!:lmao: It is actually quite funny that if you break down the hour a day she won't be getting her license until she's almost 18. How long do you think it'll take for her to start asking for more than an hour a day??

I hope you found out about the job last night. They seem to be taking quite a long time to make a decision on what should be a no brainer for them!:goodvibes

WEll, today, she didn't ask to drive longer- she asked to drive FASTER!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I told her once she leaves the parking lot. :rotfl2: And with that line of questioning, I"m not sure we'll ever be doing that. :lmao:

I didn't find out anything. She says it will now be a few more days since the other two people still need to do their work interviews. :headache: Sure makes planning one's life a bit harder.

Liesa, Mary and all the crew...,
I am finally back on the Dis boards after our awesome wonderful can't wait to be back Disney Trip and I have great news too but you will have to check out my thread to find out what it is. Now I am going to go back and read the last 25 pages that I missed while I was at the World of Mouse and talk to everyone later.

WELCOME HOME!! I'll have to hop over to your page and check things out!

I'm still in Germany, so you didn't miss too much- just use the links to read the real posts.

Our grandpa's first car cost him $95 and broke down before he got it home. Let's hope Mikki's car is better than that!

Me too. In fact, her's may be free, because she may NOT be getting one. :lmao:

Congrats to Mikki! Good luck to you! I thought there were some letters missing but like Tim am very bad at guessing.

Yep, too many letters went missing- I guess I wasn't paying very close attention!

Thanks Liesa, so true!

Honoring our servicemen is just something we need to be doing- whether we always agree on the policy or not- they aren't the decision makers, yet risk their lives so that we can enjoy free speech, peace, etc...

Yes we all should remember and thank god for the freedoms we have today. I have to tell you a story that recently happened when my husband and I were in Germany.

My husband and I were at the Eagles Nest when we saw a very elderly man. My husband knew immediately that this was a WWII veteran. We were able to stop him and say thank you for his service to our country. After speaking with him we found out that he was part of 101st Airborne that landed on Omaha beach how he fought his way through Europe and took part of the taking of the Eagles Nest. Apon hearing this I started to cry. I couldn't help but think of all that he saw during that time and how lucky he was to have survived. He was there with his family and medic they were taking him on a trip through Europe to all the places he fought they were ending there trip at the Eagles Nest. I sit here and think of him today and how blessed I am to have met him a part of living history and how I'll never meet someone like him again.

Thank you Bernie for your service god bless you.

For me out of all the things we saw, things we did and people we met, this to me was the biggest highlight of my trip.

I had a poignant moment at the WWII Memorial in DC as well. Not a person, but a picture someone who had fought- brought a smart to my eye thinking of how much he had seen. I know both my grandfathers would rarely, if ever, talk about what they had been through.

What an incredible story to have shared in Bernie's moments of remembrance- I hope his trip had brought some healing and closure to his memories! Indeed, God bless him!

Great job Liesa! If I haven't thanked you before, I appreciate your sharing your journey. :goodvibes I'm not really sure what we just saw, but I'm glad you shared it. :laughing:

Did you hear about the job?

Okay...so I was reading about Nuremberg to see if I could figure out what you toured, I found some information that said there are two rings at Schoner Brunnen. One for tourists and the "real," one. Do you know which one you turned?

I added some text to the update since you read it last night. Basically, it was a tour of the underground passages and tunnels that were built under Nuremberg used for a variety of purposes throughout the years. It was fascinating chock full of history!

Nope, not yet.

I do not know. I had no idea there was more than one ring. Hmm?? THe one we turned was rather large.

Liesa, great pictures from the casemate tour! I really enjoyed it as well! And it was wonderful to finally get to meet you! :goodvibes

I can't believe I didn't get pictures of when we first met- nor one of all of us together at the outset of our tour in front of the pub/restaurant!! :headache:

And those wine bottles at the end of the tour: they are actually champagne bottles, but in them isn't wine to be turned into champagne, but beer! It is a project that still is ongoing and has not been finished yet, but once they are done, there will be "beer champagne" in these bottles. :confused3

huh?? OK, that's just weird! "beer champagne" :confused3:confused: Definitely needing to research that!! But you are right, those are definitely champagne bottles- speaking of which, I read (or heard?) about a month ago that the official bottle of champagne is being changes slightly to use less glass. The amount will change by the slightest amount, and the general shape and color will remain the same, but the glass will be thinner, I think. Did you hear about this??

ETA: I forgot to mention that I thought it was so sweet that Mikki was excited to meet us! It is a shame that she did not feel well, I would have loved to get to know her better! :goodvibes

She was sooooo looking forward to our ladies' evening, but just couldn't come up with the strength, and considering what is in her future, it's a good thing she got a bit more sleep. :scared1:

Wendy, thanks for sharing that story! This is something we as Germans really have to be thankful for: all the Allied soldiers who fought to restore freedom for us Germans!

I have always wondered what the Germans have thought of Allied troops and their role in the German theater. Thanks for shedding some light on the thoughts of the German people.

Leisa I would have loved to do the tour too! I love to look for different and unusuall things to do and if history is thrown there then it makes it all the better. I am so jealous you got to spend more time with Magdalene then me! It looks like you all really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing. :)

We searched the net, and talked to Magdalene and Katharina for months before our trip, and in the end, each one of us came up with one big thing we wanted to see or do. That was 5 special things. We then drew up a route and filled in some "smaller" things along that route like the fountain or the Central Market. It really worked well, and in fact, seemed a lot like what we do when planning a trip to Disney. Everyone came away happy with what they saw- even those who were sick. We adjusted our touring so that what Mikki wanted to see was put off until she was able to get out. (The church again on the last day) Anyway, in the end, I'd say a minimum of 3 days is a perfect amount of time to spend in that one city.

Great story Wendy! My Dad fought in WWII in the Navy, stationed in the Pacific. He has lots of wonderful stories he has shared about his experiences, and has spent a good bit of time over the last few years going to reunions for his ship and things like that. I called him last night and he actually was in the Veterans Day parade in our home town yesterday. Most times he has attended, but wasn't actually in it, so that was a treat for him! He said it was a totally different perspective.

Liesa, as usual a very good update. Not the typical "scenic" photos, but a lot of very interesting history. I'm glad everyone was starting to feel better so they could join in the experience.

Both my grandfathers were stationed in the Pacific as well- so many memories that they have- soem they shared, many they didn't. What an honor for your dad to have gotten to be in the parade this year! I hope he felt honored and proud!!

Nope, not the scenic shots, but interesting nonetheless! The "feeling better" is sadly not all it seemed.

I'm glad that the whole family was well enough to get out and see a bit of Nuremberg. How wonderful to have two translators, too! Just being able to see the inside of the buildings that have been around for centuries would have been enough for me. I truly appreciate old architecture, maybe I'll get there someday!

Not to be a pest, but did they FINALLY tell you about the job?popcorn::

ME TOO!!! This tour was really one of the things that they had chosen to do, and were so looking forward to it!

I hope you CAN get there someday; there was so much fascinating and amazing history!

No, I don't know anything more about the job yet. I sure wish I'd hear soon, it's hard to plan one's life around waiting!

Chuck Norris would beg to differ. He does not need nunchucks. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

He can give them to me then. I may need them to beat off the used car salesmen!! :lmao:

Gimme an "F"! Gimme an "L"! Gimme an "O"!...Oh, never mind. It'll take too long. I'm glad you got to meet up!

Ummm...yeah, that would take a long, long while. :rotfl2: And why do I suddenly have the YMCA dance swimming in my mind? :lmao:

I can see why. I pity the poor soul who had to attack this place.

WHat I didn't tell you is each cubby had 3 ports. EAch pointed a different way to protect a different angle/ side of the wall in that area!! It was incredible inguenuity!

Anything that involves or did involve weapons and forts is inherently cool. :cool2:

Indubitably!!! Add some bacon and home fries and you've upped the cool factors by 10.

Wow! Someone attacked the city wall while you were there! That must have been amazing! :lmao:

:lmao: Geez, if you look at it that way, that photo kinda looks like it.

Thanks for sharing the tour! I still think Germany looks way cool.

WAY.

that tour looked cool, even if it didnt have a ton of wine stuff in it. old forts are neat to visit.

Don't worry, the wine enters the stage soon.

My favorite is Fort Stevens here in Oregon, where the Columbia River meets the Pacific. Old gun turrets, tunnels, re-enactments, all that good stuff!

The tour looked really good to me, especially the city wall part. I took an underground tour of Seattle once and enjoyed it.

Does this picture remind you of any other descent on your trip? Perhaps Bethesda?

I have taken that underground tour of Seattle- I should take my kids up there to do that one soon. I've also done the San Francisco underground tour which totally rocks!! All kinds of really cool stuff down there, like storefronts pre-1906 earthquake.

Hahaha!! yes, the longest escalator on earth. I distinctly remember a bit of virtigo going down, down, down.

Hi Liesa! I'm back and all caught up. I'm glad to see you are still in Germany and I didn't to too far behind. I've missed you guys!

I'm so glad you're back!!! Did you get my letter yet??

Nope, still going at a turtle's pace. :laughing: Just not enough time these days to go very quickly.

We miss you took, Rebecca- join us lots soon!!

Those pictures of the underground tunnels reminds me of Fort McHenry in Baltimore. Obviously twice as old though. Was it cold in those tunnels? What, no wine/beer tasting included in the tour??? What a jip! :lmao:

I seem to remember a certain tour of yours that DID include a fair amount of "tasting". :lmao::lmao::lmao:

It was rather chilly, but then again, we hit some really crappy Bavarian weather, so it was just as cold outside.

Congrats to your daughter getting her pemit. What a scary and exciting time. Being that this is your third child you'll be an old hand at it.

Wonderful update. I love history! I can't imagine living in a town that had wals to protect it. Since we live pretty much close to or below sea level here I can't image underground tunnels either.

All this information on Germany has me so curious. My Dad was in the army in the late 50s early 60s and I know he was in Germany at one point but where I don't know. He passed when I was in the 6th grade and so with I had asked more questions when I was little.

I hope you came home with another car.

So far she's doing great- but then again, we've only had her drive for a little over an hour. It is exciting that I may actually have some driving duty relief some time soon.

I have been to NOLA, and remember the above ground creepy graves and swamps. I highly doubt underground anything would work very well there. :lmao:

I wish I had been ablet o spend a lot more time with my grandparents before they passed away last year too; such a rich story they had!

No, the car we wanted ended up smelling like antifreeaze about half way through our test drive, so it 's a no-go. It'll have to be another day. :guilty:

Great that everyone was able to participate in the tour. Sounds interesting, even moreso than the cavern tours that they have around here.

I know it!! It had been far too much of this sickness bologne!!!

I have done the Mammoth caves a couple years ago while visiting my folks in Kentucky, and that too was so amazing, but this had more cultural history that is so fun to hear about.

Well then, you never know when those letters might crop up for an i.d.!! Watch carefully! I think you actually, with Glenn and Marv, may be in the lead- with Camille too. Will post later today.

Well, you may have to keep an extra vigilant watch!! Those letters are holding an awful grudge, and want their turn at some tomfoolery!
If past history holds true to form, they will all make a limited appearance this weekend while I'm out in the wilderness with the scouts! :sad2:
That is a seriously busy schedule!!! :scared1: I would melt in that kind of busy-ness!!!

WHOA!! That is also an incridible 5K time!! more than twice as fast as I can run it. And I use "running" awfully loosely there.
They won their All Star soccer game last night 2 to 0, so they are the Western Division Champions and will participate in the State Tournament in 3 weeks. :banana:
I have always wondered what the Germans have thought of Allied troops and their role in the German theater. Thanks for shedding some light on the thoughts of the German people.
I thought this was an interesting perspective also. Thanks for sharing Magdalene! :thumbsup2
Both my grandfathers were stationed in the Pacific as well- so many memories that they have- soem they shared, many they didn't. What an honor for your dad to have gotten to be in the parade this year! I hope he felt honored and proud!!
He enjoyed it and was proud in some ways, but the interesting side is that he told me he missed seeing "all" of the parade since he could only take in whatever else was right in his area of the parade. :laughing:
No, I don't know anything more about the job yet. I sure wish I'd hear soon, it's hard to plan one's life around waiting!
Yeah that stinks! Hope you will know something soon. :woohoo:

If past history holds true to form, they will all make a limited appearance this weekend while I'm out in the wilderness with the scouts! :sad2:
They won their All Star soccer game last night 2 to 0, so they are the Western Division Champions and will participate in the State Tournament in 3 weeks. :banana:
I thought this was an interesting perspective also. Thanks for sharing Magdalene! :thumbsup2
He enjoyed it and was proud in some ways, but the interesting side is that he told me he missed seeing "all" of the parade since he could only take in whatever else was right in his area of the parade. :laughing:
Yeah that stinks! Hope you will know something soon. :woohoo:

1) Yeah, I'm afraid that may be true- although, we are car shopping this weekend, so you never know...

2) AWESOME!! Congrats to the champs!

3) I can see where he might enjoy seeing ALL of it. Never thought of that. I guess when you have that caliber of man, they enjoy honorning more than being honored.

4) I should hear soon, and since I really am ok with getting or not, I can be patient.

Ok, I finished up going back through the thread (I NEVER want to do that again! (but I just did because, well, that's what game hostesses do)) and tallied up points for the game so far.

Here we go:

A- there was no winner, because there was no letter.

B- Tanya was the first one to weigh in, grabbing the point!

C- Camille (how appropriate that a Caring Lady that starts with C got it.) Again only one winner that time- first one, and all that... sign was from Crystal Palace

D- addictedtothemouse won this round- the sign was from the Port Orleans Riverside entrance sign

E- several winners from this sign from Ghiradelli at DTD- Flossbolna, Glennbo, MaryAZ, and jedijill- WAY TO GO!

F- Another one that was open to multiple winners- who were: Camille, Flossbolna, Marv, Glennbo, and Brook!! Sign was from Fairfax Fare in DHS.

G- None

H- None

I- None

J- None (Are you seeing a pathetic pattern here?)

K- Ooohhh, lots of winners here; it was from Jiko! onelilspark, glennbo, jedijill, Camille, Flossbolna, nodnol, Marv, Dani, Tinkgurl, and Pat all got it. (Either you all spent WAY too much time "researching" this one, or it was far too easy!)

L- None

M- None

N- This one was from the Land Pavilion at EPCOT, and congrats to go: Millie, Glenn, Tanya (mom3sonstt), Dan, Jenbear, onelilspark, Floss, Pat, and Marv

O- O didn't have as many players... too bad, it was a gimme! tinkgurl, Camille, Marv, Glenn, Pat, and Floss all came away with an easy point!

That makes the points like this so far:

Marv- 3

Glenn- 5

Flossbolna- 5

Camille- 5

Pat (Poolrat)- 3

onelilspark- 2 So sorry I forgot this earlier!!

Tinkgurl- 2

addictedtothemouse- 1

Tanya- 2

Dan (Fauntleroy...)- 1

jedijill- 2

nodnol- 1

jenbear123- 1

Brook- 1

MaryAZ- 1

Dani (starnight...)- 1

I think that's it. Phew!

Now that the business is taken care of, let's get on with the game, shall we??

Letter P is next in our roundup of Script found throughout the parks, resorts and other assorted places! P is very important because without it we'd have no PARKS to find Mickey in, no PARTIES to go to, and EPCOT would not be a Prototype, but rather a rototype, which sounds like a virus or like something that should fly. P also happens to be very important when you'd like to pretend to be a person who really can't accept the resposibilities of normal life and have deliusional fantasies of flying around with your PJs on- which sounds like a ghastly nightmare I get once in while where I"m late for high school biology because my clothes are in my locker that I can't get open because I"ve forgotten my combination- again. Now, to escape that thought very quickly, and in honor of Letter P AND 100 Pages of this Trip Report,I give you Letter P:

I'm going to once again clear out my inbox to make way for your answers, so go ahead and PM me, when you think you've got it. I think you will all do very well at this one, so give it a try!! Remember you're up for some fantastic prizes!!

I'm so glad you're back!!! Did you get my letter yet??

Nope, still going at a turtle's pace. :laughing: Just not enough time these days to go very quickly.

We miss you took, Rebecca- join us lots soon!!

That's okay! A turtle's pace I might be able to keep up with! Speaking of pace, Jenna ran a 5k race today with Girls On The Run, and she finished in 32 minutes! Yep, I can't even keep up with my fourth-grader! I've got pics on facebook.

No - no letter! You sent me a letter? Like a real one, on paper, in an envelope, through the mail?! I love it! I can't remember the last time I got a letter. Now I will be looking forward to the mail everyday!:cutie:

P for Pop Century :) I believe

THanks for guessing, Dani! I still need to get over to your thread- sorry, I didn't pop in last night, I got wrapped up in game points.

I don't see any points for Rosie !!!!:rotfl2:I guess I am continuing my BIGGEST LOSER streak!!!:lmao:

This one's Pretty easy too, Rosie, give it a try!!

That's okay! A turtle's pace I might be able to keep up with! Speaking of pace, Jenna ran a 5k race today with Girls On The Run, and she finished in 32 minutes! Yep, I can't even keep up with my fourth-grader! I've got pics on facebook.

No - no letter! You sent me a letter? Like a real one, on paper, in an envelope, through the mail?! I love it! I can't remember the last time I got a letter. Now I will be looking forward to the mail everyday!:cutie:

I'll never be that fast- no matter how much I train- my goal is to just exercise until my heart rate is up. I'm sure Anara could outrun me too. :lmao: Sad. Congrats to Jenna!!!! :woohoo:

YES!! A real live letter- on real paper!! Aren't those fun!!??

man oh man am I behind. should've known better than to be so MIA, just subbing so I can go back and read tomorrow

Hope you are settling into being back in the states and that you all had a great trip. :)

Okay I'm gonna guess Petals as in Bar

Ok, I"ve got your guess marked down, Rosie!

man oh man am I behind. should've known better than to be so MIA, just subbing so I can go back and read tomorrow

Hope you are settling into being back in the states and that you all had a great trip. :)

You ARE behind!! I have totally missed you, and even checked your thread last night! Everything ok in your world??

Things are going well, in fact, we've been trying to find/buy a used car the last few days, so have been completely wrapped up in that drama. I hope I can tell everyone soon that A) I have a car to zip around in that's our own and B) I have a job that will help pay for it!

I don't know how I missed the update, Liesa.

So glad the kids were feeling better and up to the tour with you guys. Love the pictures and you can see how much you are all enjoying it.

I don't know how I missed the update, Liesa.

So glad the kids were feeling better and up to the tour with you guys. Love the pictures and you can see how much you are all enjoying it.

I'm not sure either! But glad you found it. They felt ok, but not great. The best part of the day is coming up soon- don't miss that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter