The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

:faint: I'm exhausted just reading this. Anyway, I'm not glad for health care politics, but I am glad he hasn't had any more spells.

I took my morning off (day off, really) to take care of business. Tile bid appt made, appts for Zach made and/or confirmed, off to get straw for goat bedding, and am about to start my last 3-4 hour practice exam. Waiting for my coffee to kick in. I am hopeful/confident that his little "thing" was a flukey non-thing. Just need to rule an organic cause to be sure.

Two VERY different questions!

Yeah, a bit ridiculous and irresponsible. But hey, so is spending close to $5,000 on a trip like this too.

Mmm...tar....

Kinda like Starbucks.

No Yeunglings, huh?

I guess you could make the drink Your choice. Like a wild card.
'

Well, I didn't think of that. Quite possibly because I've never heard of that. (I hate beer.) And a "Your Choice" would certainly be taking a long mile in creative license! LOL!

The only way I could possibly do this challenge is if I got to share drinks with someone. I just don't normally drink more than 1 in a day, and usually not even a full drink when I have one! My recent DC trip was unusual in that I think I actually had a drink 3 or 4 nights in a row! (I've been on a margarita / sangria kick now that it is summer.)

It is quite a challenge. I'm actually very curious myself if it can be done (by me at least). Here at home, I average about 2 glasses of wine a week and a cocktail once a week or so (but
2 if we're out for dinner or I'm with my study girls) So not a huge ton. We'll see....

Mmmmm, Sangria! I make that every Christmas with brandy and fruit and Triple Sec with Merlot or Cab. Yummy!!!!

Same in NC. But I can always make an appointment- it was the results they really cared about.

Why do these kids have to grow up anyway? LOL!

Especially when it a seizure you need an MRI for - I am afraid I would have gotten all "how dare you impact his health like that" on them.

If I'd gotten that kind of run around today when I called, there would have been some of dat. Coulda gotten ugly...

:wave: Glad it is awesome.

We'll see how long it takes for the glow to wear off....

Hey I have an idea about the drinks. :idea: Do they HAVE to be in order? I mean it would be easy to get a Yak attack in AK but inconvenient to have to do it in order, since it is not like you are going to the same bar every time.

I know the OCD wants order but pass up a good drink because it is not next on the list is worse... :lmao: :drinking1

Well..... part of the Challenge is to see if it can be done without having to arrange a whole trip around it. I mean, the average person who goes may not have PHs or may want to change things up mid-ship. So, for now I'll say yeah, in order. Should I put out a poll....??? I can do that ya know...

And yes, I am just a teensy OCD. I have to be with my job... Or maybe it's more like, I have this job because I AM OCD. However, your line of thinking is quite tempting...

Well, well, well..... sounds to me like someone is quite enjoying her new job!

So far, so good. Everyone is so nice and easy to work with!

There are add ons to F&W???
Where does one find this info???

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/#market

One among many, many sources. Time to pick out another Top 10... ;)

I have a feeling, this will be me.

Yeah, I think this year will be like a "first date". Don't wanna go too far.

Google "Disney Food Blog Food and Wine Special Events". There are Blog posts for the pricey events, anywhere from $65-$600. They have the Eat to the Beat performers, the Deminar schedule, the kiosk menus. They have been coming out over the past couple months as the info has been released.

This is a good one too! I've been perusing them all, and feel like it's time to get a game plan going. Wandering aimlessly is okay for some things, but not a new thing...

The schedule of the Eat to the Beat performers isn't anything that strikes my fancy.... Probably won't be going out of my way for anything listed during my stay.

Your kids would not really be able to enjoy the special events, and at the prices, that's a wise choice. We plan to do a Mediterranean lunch and that's "cheap" at $65pp. The HBD dinner is $199 and that's a bargain compared to V&A's dinner, which is $600pp. :eek:

I know they're pricey, but these are the things that "make" F&W for me. I really hope they bring back the winemaker dinners like they had in 2010 at the DCA festival next year.

$600???!!!! Holy crap! That's almost 2 r/t tickets for someone like me. Nope.

They do have culinary and beverage seminars for $15pp that are a good value. Kids are welcome at them (they just can't drink any alcohol). You get the watch the chef demo a dish and then you get small portion and a glass of wine. The beverage demos are generally like a wine tasting. Not a bad deal for $15.

I'm seriously not really a huge cooking show fan, so not a thrill for me. But that's good to know. Those are actually a bit more reasonable.

Alrighty then, I finally have some free time to get my guesses in. I read your contest point structure in my best Dumbledore voice :o

LOL!! IF there were bonus points, you should get one for sure! I'm probably going to start reading the series this summer. Never had done it before. All of your answers are stashed where they should be now. Good luck!!!

This is a good one too! I've been perusing them all, and feel like it's time to get a game plan going. Wandering aimlessly is okay for some things, but not a new thing...

For the kiosks, it's fine to wander aimlessly. As I found out at F&G I can't eat nearly as much as I would like. I thought we would get through 5-6 kiosks a day and we only managed between 2-4 each day.

The schedule of the Eat to the Beat performers isn't anything that strikes my fancy.... Probably won't be going out of my way for anything listed during my stay.

Yeah, I think there has only been one time that I have sat and watched any of the shows.

$600???!!!! Holy crap! That's almost 2 r/t tickets for someone like me. Nope.

Yeah, we are going there with Jill either the day before or day after and just plan on eating from the regular menu. Which is still pricey, but at least $600 might cover all three of us not just one person!

I'm seriously not really a huge cooking show fan, so not a thrill for me. But that's good to know. Those are actually a bit more reasonable.

The Deminars are a nice inexpensive way to ease into the whole process. The lunches that we will be doing are much more involved take more time, and at the French one, they refill your glasses plentifully! :thumbsup2

For the kiosks, it's fine to wander aimlessly. As I found out at F&G I can't eat nearly as much as I would like. I thought we would get through 5-6 kiosks a day and we only managed between 2-4 each day.

What I really like is that there are 3 of us (and towards the end 4) to get stuff. We really have a nice variety with all of us ordering differently.

Yeah, we are going there with Jill either the day before or day after and just plan on eating from the regular menu. Which is still pricey, but at least $600 might cover all three of us not just one person!

I"m planning on about that- $200 for myself. Not doing the pairings. Just asking for a nice pairing for 2 courses. I"m really looking forward to it!

The Deminars are a nice inexpensive way to ease into the whole process. The lunches that we will be doing are much more involved take more time, and at the French one, they refill your glasses plentifully! :thumbsup2

That's what I figured. This trip we'll just keep to the free, and add some things if I go back another time. Too much fun in one place!! LOL!

Google "Disney Food Blog Food and Wine Special Events". There are Blog posts for the pricey events, anywhere from $65-$600. They have the Eat to the Beat performers, the Deminar schedule, the kiosk menus. They have been coming out over the past couple months as the info has been released.

Thanks Alison!

Work makes it tough to be super mom anymore.

Work makes it tough to do anything.

I would need to be wealthy to do that too, though.

That's what I meant. Get rich and hire someone or buy new stuff.

But if I get 2 or 3, it'll be about 1 and just right.

And they're practically free, right!

Right?

Right?

So far, so good. Everyone is so nice and easy to work with!

Good!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/#market

One among many, many sources. Time to pick out another Top 10... ;)

Got it! Thanks!

Yeah, I think this year will be like a "first date". Don't wanna go too far.

:rotfl:

And yes, I am just a teensy OCD. I have to be with my job... Or maybe it's more like, I have this job because I AM OCD. However, your line of thinking is quite tempting...
What can I say......da girl is guud! :lovestruc

Trust me, there are not any more OCD people than the two of us! At least the way we used to be. Now we seem to rein each other back a little. When either of us starts getting really excessive the other one takes a step back and we will call each other on it. Then we figure out solutions like this make sense and still accomplish the desired objective anyway. :woohoo:

Just one (of many) ways we've been good for each other (okay, maybe that's just my opinion... :rolleyes1 :blush: ). Does seem to take away some unnecessary stress, and increase the fun and enjoyment levels! :thumbsup2

Hope the test went well, even if you ARE probably freaking out right now that you blew it bigtime...... :hug:

Yes. I'm positive I blew it big time. Fully 1/2 of my questions were select all that apply. I'm NOT happy right now.

Not just any update, but the First Chapter for the ABCs PTR Pt. II. It'll be a while before I get it to where I want it, but I'm hoping to launch it right around Pg 200.

Yes, I realize we are now allowed 250 pp, but for a myriad of (good) reasons, I want to have a fresh place with a fresh palette. My crayons are ready and the time is ripe.
Um... the Disdads thread is up to 448 pages now. I think you could have probably kept it all together. :rolleyes1

there are exactly ZERO drinks that begin with 'Y'

No Yeunglings, huh?
This was what I was going to say. I mean I get the whole "I hate beer" thing, but I always get a Yuengling somewhere when I'm at the World.

Um... the Disdads thread is up to 448 pages now. I think you could have probably kept it all together. :rolleyes1

It is certainly possible. But I did message OMari and she told me 250. Before it switched it was 200, so really, who knows.

This was what I was going to say. I mean I get the whole "I hate beer" thing, but I always get a Yuengling somewhere when I'm at the World.

I have something FAR better up my sleeve. Watch, and you will learn. ;) Hint: If I were you, I'd go high on your guesses for my Cocktail Challenge, including Challenge Letter Drinks. ;) ;)

It's an ego thing.....ignore the posts left here and just move on! :sad2:

Yeah, I always forget to get back to this thread and give it some TLC. :( I actually need to go through its entirety soon and tally up any points that were awarded during this one and add them to the Current Contest questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter