The age old question...

I'm with the shorter stay/deluxe crowd. I love the pool, transportation/location of the deluxesand prefer the shorter, more luxurious vacation.

Just made that decision and chose longer stay! I've never stayed deluxe, so I don't know what I'm missing, but a longer stay at a mod with a significant savings sealed the deal for me!

Just made that decision and chose longer stay! I've never stayed deluxe, so I don't know what I'm missing, but a longer stay at a mod with a significant savings sealed the deal for me!

Great choice! To be honest there is not that big a difference between the moderate and deluxe resorts. Have a great time!

That is what we would have done as well. It is not worth it to us to spend for extras that we will not use.

For us, the room is a place to sleep, shower, and keep our stuff. We go for the value resort and longer trip.

This. I've always viewed our hotel/resort as a roof over our heads for the very limited times we are in the room. We spend absolutely no time hanging out at the place we are staying. This goes for all the trips I've been on. Get the maximum fun out of your vacation for the time you are there. IMO there is too much to see and do to spend time at a hotel/resort. Up at dawn and back after dark.

When young and traveling with or without kids = LONGER STAY

When kids are grown = SHORTER DELUXE STAY

When going with grandkids= LONGER STAY FOR THEM, SHORTER DELUXE STAY FOR US!

:thumbsup2

At least that is our plan structure

DELUXE!!! Feels more like a vacation. Personally I am exausted after five days so I couldnt handle a longer stay. Plus I havent had much luck at value or moderate resorts.

Thanks for all the replies! We decided to split the difference with POFQ but still only a 5 day stay. Well, 5 day for now...I have a feeling we'll be adding a couple nights! :dance3:

This. I've always viewed our hotel/resort as a roof over our heads for the very limited times we are in the room. We spend absolutely no time hanging out at the place we are staying. This goes for all the trips I've been on. Get the maximum fun out of your vacation for the time you are there. IMO there is too much to see and do to spend time at a hotel/resort. Up at dawn and back after dark.

And in our minds getting maximum fun means getting time to rest and peacefulness so we all stay in our best moods and don't feel like we need a vacation after our vacation! Totally depends on your family!

Thanks for all the replies! We decided to split the difference with POFQ but still only a 5 day stay. Well, 5 day for now...I have a feeling we'll be adding a couple nights! :dance3:

5 Days is great! Leaves you wanting more so you have a reason to come back soon :banana:

i say stay longer in a cheaper resort but that is my opinion simply because if i am going to WDW for vacation it is to be out enjoying all it has to offer, not staying in my resort and going to the pool. I use the pool sometimes but it is mainly a place to sleep for me. If i am looking for a vacation with a pool and relaxation disney wouldnt be my first choice

5 Days is great! Leaves you wanting more so you have a reason to come back soon :banana:

Exactly! And I don't want my DH to be Disney'd out (I know, blasphemy!) because this trip is in April, then we're going back in Aug for 8 days, then in Nov for 4!

Exactly! And I don't want my DH to be Disney'd out (I know, blasphemy!) because this trip is in April, then we're going back in Aug for 8 days, then in Nov for 4!

I bet you'll have a fantastic trip!! :goodvibes And Lucky You!! 3 trips scheduled!! woohoo!! :cool1:
We're planning our 2nd trip for end of April/beginning of May 2015/ don't know yet where we're staying....So many choices! Probably 5 nights/maybe 6- because of ds's school schedule then we plan on coming back for a longer trip for Thanksgiving 2015 :love:
Enjoy your vacation!!! :banana:

And in our minds getting maximum fun means getting time to rest and peacefulness so we all stay in our best moods and don't feel like we need a vacation after our vacation! Totally depends on your family!

I'm afraid my DW would wholeheartedly agree with you. Unfortunately she is stuck with me and that means vacation is GO time. Having said that, we are staying at a Disney resort so all parties involved can simply hope on a bus and head back to the resort if it gets to be too much GOING.

I bet you'll have a fantastic trip!! :goodvibes And Lucky You!! 3 trips scheduled!! woohoo!! :cool1:
We're planning our 2nd trip for end of April/beginning of May 2015/ don't know yet where we're staying....So many choices! Probably 5 nights/maybe 6- because of ds's school schedule then we plan on coming back for a longer trip for Thanksgiving 2015 :love:
Enjoy your vacation!!! :banana:

Thanks! I know we will, and we're going that last week of April that begins May, too! It's my favorite time to go! Enjoy your trip, too! We weren't planning on 3 trips, just one, then a group of families that we were planning on going to the beach with decided that WDW would be better in Aug...who am I to challenge that? :lmao: Then a few fellow running friends said the 4 magic words...Food & Wine Half. Again, how could I argue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter