The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower FAQ with PICs! (FEB 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning to all you CR lovers!

DSC_1078.jpg

For those of you with upcoming trips...Happy Travels!
Heather

DSC_1078.jpg

Heather
I said this before and I will say it again, I love seeing pictures of the resorts very early in the mornings. In fact next month when I am at the Boardwalk and Beach Club I will need to get up early, walk around and take some pictures.

Heather
Thanks, Heather:goodvibes

I said this before and I will say it again, I love seeing pictures of the resorts very early in the mornings. In fact next month when I am at the Boardwalk and Beach Club I will need to get up early, walk around and take some pictures.
Me, too!

Thanks for the link...very interesting...and actually makes sense. We do pay premium prices for the monorail resorts and should have access to that particular type of transportation, however...some of those things are in desperate need of repair.

While it may not matter to anyone on these boards--the small percentage of die-hard Disney fans who will do anything to give Disney their dollars--this will likely be an issue for more "regular" fans. The appeal of the so-called "monorail" resorts IS the monorail and for those who nothing else about Disney resorts, they still know about extra magic hours. Paying a premium to stay on the monorail and then not being able to use that transportation whenever they want will, I suspect, very quickly turn into a non-starter. If you're going to have to take a bus anyway, might as well stay at a much less expensive hotel or, heck, even off property. (And, yes, I know those resorts also offer boats, walkways, et al, but you never hear a resort referred to as the "boat" resort or the "walkway" resort, do you?)

We are leaving Wednesday morning for our first stay at the Contemporary! Have a quick question if you don't mind. I don't have time to read through the whole thread so I'm sorry if its been asked repeatedly. I want to have a case of water shipped from Sam's Club. Does the Contemporary accept that and have they been charging a $10 fee for this? Seems crazy since I am not a convention guest. Thought I'd ask anyway! Also, are they playing current movies at night or just the classics? I appreciate the help!

We are leaving Wednesday morning for our first stay at the Contemporary! Have a quick question if you don't mind. I don't have time to read through the whole thread so I'm sorry if its been asked repeatedly. I want to have a case of water shipped from Sam's Club. Does the Contemporary accept that and have they been charging a $10 fee for this? Seems crazy since I am not a convention guest. Thought I'd ask anyway! Also, are they playing current movies at night or just the classics? I appreciate the help!
The $10 fee seems to be standard for all guests since you pick things up at the Business Center which happens to be located in the Convention Center.

As for the movies they are playing at night I am not sure which specifc ones they show. However when you check-in they will give you a list of what's playing, the day it's being shown and the time it starts at.

Kind of makes it useless to ship water ahead of time then. I was trying to save money not spend extra. Yikes! Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Does this apply to BLT as well? We stay there the second half.

Kind of makes it useless to ship water ahead of time then. I was trying to save money not spend extra. Yikes! Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Does this apply to BLT as well? We stay there the second half.
Yes it would apply to Bay Lake Tower because their full name is Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Basically anyone staying there depends on the Contemporary because they don't have their own stores, restaurants, transporation options, check-in and etc. So when they ship items to themselves they have no choice to pick them up at the Contemporary Convention Center.

Here's a link for the movies...hope this helps...there are usually a variety, and not just older movies.

Movies

Happy Planning!
Heather

I fear I will never make up my mind. We decided renting points would suit our needs best because we are planning to go for home school days but then if we buy YES tickets, we can't get DDP, which we want. But then I realized if we rent points, we can get YES tickets AND DDP. Duh! Great plan. :)

At first I want an Epcot resort because I love that area and our entire family (even the kids, who are young) love Epcot best. But the more I started looking at our dining options, the more I realized that BWV or BCV may not be our best choice. So now I am thinking BLT would be our best choice, especially with the kids (they'll be 7 and 5).

So I haven't even remotely considered BLT before. Any good links to sites with info/pictures? Anything I should know? Is it a long walk over to CR? I can't tell from the pictures. It doesn't have it's own restaurants or shopping, right? But it does have it's own pool. But BLT guests can go over to the CR pool as well?

What is a standard view at BLT? What will our view most likely be? Do all rooms have a balcony? Does BLT have it's own check in, or do you check in at CR?

And finally, am I correct in thinking that BLT would be better than BWV will kids? (I know that's an opinion question, but share your thoughts!)

OK, that's all for now.

So I haven't even remotely considered BLT before. Any good links to sites with info/pictures? Anything I should know? Is it a long walk over to CR? I can't tell from the pictures. It doesn't have it's own restaurants or shopping, right? But it does have it's own pool. But BLT guests can go over to the CR pool as well?
You are correct that Bay Lake Tower doesn't have their own restaurants, stores, transportation options, check-in desk, valet service, bell services and etc.

However they do have their own pool and should you want to anyone staying there can also swim at the Contemporary pool. Plus they also have the Top Of The World Lounge, however it's only for DVC members staying there on DVC points.

The 5th floor of Bay Lake Tower is where you will find the Skybridge which takes you to the 4th floor of the Contemporary, so the time getting there will depend what floor you stay on and how long the elevator takes.

Finally here is a link to a Bay Lake Tower fan website with pictures and more.
http://baylaketower.net/index.html

One of our favorite parts of AKL was requesting turn down service at night. The kids loved the little chocolates and we loved the proverbs. Can I call in and request it at CR if we are staying in the tower but not concierge?? Thanks!

One of our favorite parts of AKL was requesting turn down service at night. The kids loved the little chocolates and we loved the proverbs. Can I call in and request it at CR if we are staying in the tower but not concierge?? Thanks!
Yes you can call Housekeeping and request it. However just remember it's a 50/50 chance of you getting it because it's only a request and it depends if they can get a Housekeeper to do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter