The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Ok, just for my planning purposes, if you had reservations in Epcot at the Biergarten- how much travel time would you give yourself from the GF? An hour?

Yes - definitely! Mostly because Epcot is so huge and you still have to walk all the way up to Germany. Besides, if you are early, you can always browse in the beautiful shops there!

Thanks- I just don't want to cut it too close, and I definitely don't want to be dragging my kids running through Epcot to get to our ADR in time! LOL

Forgive me if this has already been answered.;)

I scanned the previous posts and found some info on the RPC DELUXE KING ROOMS...so i have a few questions. Are they ALL Turret rooms, or just some of them? And from the WDW site explanation, they do have a king bed. But is that all that these rooms have? And are they just like the regular standard room?

I saw some of johnsonet's DELUXE room photos, and it got my curiousity going as to what kind of room I booked! :) Thank you very much!

Oh...and my GF pic of the day....SUPER COMFY BED!!! :cloud9:
068.jpg

I scanned the previous posts and found some info on the RPC DELUXE KING ROOMS...so i have a few questions. Are they ALL Turret rooms, or just some of them?
6 are turret rooms (located on 3rd, 4th and 5th floor), I believe there are a total of 9 others on the 2nd floor of the main building.

And from the WDW site explanation, they do have a king bed. But is that all that these rooms have? And are they just like the regular standard room?
2nd floor rooms have a sitting area, jacuzzi tub and a balcony that overlooks the marina (and castle view). These are the same size as a standard room. Turret suites are much bigger, have a regular soaking tub and no balcony. They do have large windows that either overlook the wedding pavilion to the beach, or the beach around to the castle in the distance.

I saw some of johnsonet's DELUXE room photos, and it got my curiousity going as to what kind of room I booked! :) Thank you very much!
They are all in the same category, if you have a preference to style, you can request it. We had the 5th floor turret that looked out towards the castle, it was incredible.

They are all in the same category, if you have a preference to style, you can request it. We had the 5th floor turret that looked out towards the castle, it was incredible.

Thank you! Great explanation of what I asked! :yay:

ok, so i have another one! LOL....if I were to request a turret room with a castle view, (I know its a longshot and just a request) could I email the concierge and ask them?

ok, so i have another one! LOL....if I were to request a turret room with a castle view, (I know its a longshot and just a request) could I email the concierge and ask them?
Yup, just let them know. I think we had room #4021 and then there would also be 4321 and 4421 for the other two with a castle view. It's not exactly the best castle view, but I kept our drapes open and slid the chair up so I could sit and watch it change colors.

The 3rd floor turret room is just steps from the concierge balcony too. In all the times we've been there, hardly anyone uses it. I know a fellow DIS'er had that room and ordered a nice private meal for her and her daughter out on that balcony.... very special :hug:.

Hey ya'll! I've been reading this thread for awhile because I am staying at the GF for the 1st time and I can't control my excitement! I've never stayed at a monorail resort. It will be Me, DD and her friend and I think we are going to fall in love! :love:

Yup, just let them know. I think we had room #4021 and then there would also be 4321 and 4421 for the other two with a castle view. It's not exactly the best castle view, but I kept our drapes open and slid the chair up so I could sit and watch it change colors.

The 3rd floor turret room is just steps from the concierge balcony too. In all the times we've been there, hardly anyone uses it. I know a fellow DIS'er had that room and ordered a nice private meal for her and her daughter out on that balcony.... very special :hug:.

Thank you Tammi! I really appreciate it! :hug:

4021 is amazing! love that room. I have also stayed in 4430 turret room, NOT a castle view (stayed here last week) and it was nice and had a view of the waterfall pool/poly/wedding pavillion.

4021 is amazing! love that room. I have also stayed in 4430 turret room, NOT a castle view (stayed here last week) and it was nice and had a view of the waterfall pool/poly/wedding pavillion.

Hey heatherlynn...do you have pics of this room? And was it a turret?

Thank you!!:yay:

I know there are lots of pictures around for the turret rooms. Here is the floor plan layout (last 2 shown) for the two styles in the category, http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=31500950&postcount=20 .

edited to add: link to some of johnsonet's pictures :) http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30446588&postcount=1528

Tammi, It looks to me from your first link that the Deluxe rooms are WAY different than a standard room in the other buildings!!!:banana::banana:

Both Options shown were different than say, a room in SL or Conch! Which if that is the case, IM SO EXCITED!!! lol

We have stayed at the GF in regular rooms and I have only stayed in a dormer room once! :banana:

Am I right? lol

Both Options shown were different than say, a room in SL or Conch! Which if that is the case, IM SO EXCITED!!! lol
Option 2 on the Deluxe King layout is the same size as any other standard room. It's the setup that's a bit different. Option 1 is very different than any other, plus it's bigger :banana:.

Option 2 on the Deluxe King layout is the same size as any other standard room. It's the setup that's a bit different. Option 1 is very different than any other, plus it's bigger :banana:.

But didnt option two have a jacuzzi tub in it???? Cause if it did, that is different from the standard rooms!

But didnt option two have a jacuzzi tub in it???? Cause if it did, that is different from the standard rooms!
Yes, that's what I meant about the different setup, but the room size itself is the same. Too bad the turret suites don't have the whirlpool tubs, but they are considered a soaking tub, big enough for two :lovestruc.

Forgive me if this has already been answered.;)

I scanned the previous posts and found some info on the RPC DELUXE KING ROOMS...so i have a few questions. Are they ALL Turret rooms, or just some of them? And from the WDW site explanation, they do have a king bed. But is that all that these rooms have? And are they just like the regular standard room?

Oh...and my GF pic of the day....SUPER COMFY BED!!! :cloud9:
068.jpg

Love your bed photo Bama :cloud9:

Just to add, I would exercise your option to request a turret room, since you have RPC King Deluxe booked. I think they're the BEST, regardless of the MK view but of course everyone is different.

Hey ya'll! I've been reading this thread for awhile because I am staying at the GF for the 1st time and I can't control my excitement! I've never stayed at a monorail resort. It will be Me, DD and her friend and I think we are going to fall in love! :love:

You will definitely fall in love :lovestruc When are you going??

The King Deluxe "honeymoon" rooms do have jacuzzi tubs but they aren't anything special IMO:

DSC03557.jpg

Here's a pic of the sitting area in our 2d floor "honeymoon" King Deluxe room:
DSC036311-1.jpg

Yes, that's what I meant about the different setup, but the room size itself is the same. Too bad the turret suites don't have the whirlpool tubs, but they are considered a soaking tub, big enough for two :lovestruc.

ok...gotcha! I think i will request a turret room...altho i do love my balcony! hhhmmm..decisions decisions! ;)

Love your bed photo Bama :cloud9:

Just to add, I would exercise your option to request a turret room, since you have RPC King Deluxe booked. I think they're the BEST, regardless of the MK view but of course everyone is different.

You will definitely fall in love :lovestruc When are you going??

The King Deluxe "honeymoon" rooms do have jacuzzi tubs but they aren't anything special IMO:

DSC03557.jpg

Here's a pic of the sitting area in our 2d floor "honeymoon" King Deluxe room:
DSC036311-1.jpg

Very cool..thank you! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter