The Amazing Adventures of Flat Ben and Friends: WDW, US, DCL, Mexico & More!

The Streets and Shops of Hogsmeade

Brrr... It's cold! Where's my scarf:

Snowman.jpg

Sorry, FHB, you are underage!

HogsHeadBrew.jpg

That's more like it! Gotta love Butterbeer.

Butterbeer.jpg

Honeydukes Sweet Shop

Honeydukes.jpg

FHB handles the Shreiking Mandrakes

Window.jpg

Time for Quiddich

Quiddich.jpg

Monster Book of Monsters- Keep that thing caged, will you!

MonsterBook.jpg

Owl.jpg

The Wand Chooses the Wizard!

Wands.jpg

Banner.jpg

Let's Ride!

Time to Meet Buckbeak

FotH1.jpg

FotH2.jpg

Wan't Me!

Ford.jpg

Champion1.jpg

Champion2.jpg

Love the picture of Ben in the conductor's pocket. :thumbsup2

Me too!

All of the pictures are really fun and creative, but I especially love the characters' reactions.

Especially in the Universal batch which is coming soon.

Flat Ben's Got Character(s)

US1.jpg

US2.jpg

US3.jpg

USShatnerStar.jpg

FB, the movie star:

USMoovies.jpg

Lucille Ball and Marilyn Monroe have a bit of a crush on Flat Ben:

USLucy.jpg

USMarilyn.jpg

Scooby Doo was excited about Flat Ben and AnjieNet's daughter's Scooby Doo shirt

USScooby.jpg

A visit with the inhabitants of Bikini Bottom. Spongebob ran around with FB for over a minute before posing for photos. Squidward was not impressed. But FB considered a sovenir purchase after the encounter:

USSponge1.jpg

USSponge2.jpg

USSponge3.jpg

USSquidward.jpg

USTshirt.jpg

Hola!

A visit with Dora and flower in Diego's brigade

USDora.jpg

USFlower.jpg

A little light reading with Curious George

USCuriousGeorge.jpg

USCurious.jpg

Woodpeckers

USWoodpeckers.jpg

USWoodys.jpg

FB and EB:

USEasterBunny.jpg

Flat Ben Gets His Ride On at US!

USMakeup.jpg

A Long Time Ago
In a Kingdom
Far, Far Away!

USShrek1.jpg

USShrek2.jpg

USShrek3.jpg

The Simpsons:
I will not make a fake representation of my son

Bart couldn't stop laughing and holding his stomach when meeting FB.

FB enjoyed The Simpsons ride so much he went on 3 times!!!

He was so hungry afterwards, he took a bite from Chief Wiggum's donut.

USSimpsons.jpg

USSimpsonsRide.jpg

USDonut.jpg

FB enjoyed The Mummy but thought the wait was waaaayyyyy too long:

USMummy.jpg

Ready for a little Mayhem with the Minions:

USMinion.jpg

USMinion1.jpg

USMinion3.jpg

USMinion2.jpg

Flat Ben Phone Home!

USET.jpg

USET2.jpg

Poor FB was too short to ride Rip, Ride, Rocket so he had to wait in the Child Swap room :(

USChildSwap.jpg

"Fun" in San Francisco and Amity:

USAlien.jpg

USLollipop.jpg

USJaws.jpg

USBruce.jpg

What a Disaster! and Twister and Shout!

USWalken.jpg

USWakita.jpg

USCow.jpg

Waiting for the Cinematic Spectacular at the end of the night

USCinematicSpectacular.jpg

Great updates! Way to many good shots for individual comments.

This post is so great I'm almost tempted to go to the dark side!

"Flat Hairy Ben" is exactly why DD dubbed him "Flat Harry Ben". She had to snicker every time it was said. :rotfl:

Love how you've put everything together. You make it such a fun read!

I just feel sorry for the guy who had to play the Shaggy character opposite Scooby Doo.

"Hey Mom, I FINALLY got a job!!"

"Great Son, what are you doing with that $100,000 college degree we paid for?"

"I'm portraying a character from a 1970 children's cartoon. Ain't it great Mom?"

Mom passes out....

Great updates! Way to many good shots for individual comments.

This post is so great I'm almost tempted to go to the dark side!

I'm so glad you are enjoying the pictures.

If you and your family are fans of the Harry Potter franchise, you must get to the Dark Side! I'm a little ashamed to admit that my teenager prefers the more intense rides at US/IoA and trip planning is now a battle between the Mouse and the Hulk!

"Flat Hairy Ben" is exactly why DD dubbed him "Flat Harry Ben". She had to snicker every time it was said. :rotfl:

Love how you've put everything together. You make it such a fun read!

Thanks! We make a great team!

I just feel sorry for the guy who had to play the Shaggy character opposite Scooby Doo.

"Hey Mom, I FINALLY got a job!!"

"Great Son, what are you doing with that $100,000 college degree we paid for?"

"I'm portraying a character from a 1970 children's cartoon. Ain't it great Mom?"

Mom passes out....

Oh, NM- I just shivered. You may have predicted my future!

If you and your family are fans of the Harry Potter franchise, you must get to the Dark Side! I'm a little ashamed to admit that my teenager prefers the more intense rides at US/IoA and trip planning is now a battle between the Mouse and the Hulk!
QUOTE]

The same battle is raging at my house. Bunch of Traitors!

The same battle is raging at my house. Bunch of Traitors!

Universal andmIoA definitely have a few winners- T he Wizarding World is amazing and The Mummy coaster is incredible, but my heart is with Disney.

Speaking of Disney, I think it is about time for Flat Ben to return to the Motherland...

Entrance.jpg

First up: Tower of Terror. Flat Ben was a little shaky at first. Will he brave it? It doesn't look good as FB hides in the vines. But he makes it though the queue and gets buckled in. Then FB decides he would rather be held.

TOTsign.jpg

TOTvine.jpg

TOTchair.jpg

TOTbuckle.jpg

TOTphoto.jpg

Next up: My, what a big guitar you have!

RNRguitar.jpg

Time for Toy Story Mania. FB got the high score for the car!

TSMqueue.jpg

TSMride.jpg

Run, Flat Ben, Run!

STcrush.jpg

Ah, Muppets! That should be safer!

Muppet1.jpg

Muppet2.jpg

Muppet3.jpg

"I'm just a bird in a gilded cage"

GildedCage.jpg

Next up: Lunchtime Antics and Character Time

Time for Fun at the 50's Prime Time Cafe

PTC1.jpg

PTC2.jpg

PTC3.jpg

While waiting to meet Phineas & Ferb, yet another creature tries to eat Flat Ben!

PF1.jpg

Agent B aids in his escape

PF2.jpg

But not from that guy!

PF3.jpg

Flat Ben joins the girls with Phineas & Ferb

PF4.jpg

Love for Ducky MoMo! Candace would be proud!

PF5.jpg

Wreck it, Flat Ben!

Wreckit1.jpg

Wreckit2.jpg

Officer Peabody is a riot as always

Officer.jpg

Meeting the Main Mouse:

Sorcerer1.jpg

Sorcerer2.jpg

"I'd like to buy the world a Flat Ben"

Bo.jpg

So great! Love these pics. :teeth:

Totally laughed out loud when I saw the TOT ride pic. Excellent job getting that one!

This trip report is the best! Thanks to all involved.

Thanks for your comments and devotion to this thread!

I don't know why I can't get the orientation on the TOT seat belt picture right, but I guess it is kind of funny the way it is.

I have several more updates from AnjieNet's trip to come, plus FB has at least 3 more trips AND a cruise with some familiar friends.

Sign.jpg

Flat Ben's friends were going as characters from Enchanted (Rapunzel and Mother Gothel) so we thought transforming Flat Ben into Flat Flynn was in order:

Enchanted2.jpg

Enchanted.jpg

Flat Flynn even met Real Flynn, who was very sorry that Ben did not get to visit Walt Disney World this year.

:sad1:

Flynns.jpg

Flat Flynn with The Prince and Snow White

SnowWhite.jpg

Then the group spent some time at Belle's Enchanted Story Time and they even got a peek at the Be Our Guest Tavern.

Waiting to enter Maurice's cottage:

BellesStory.jpg

BellesBook.jpg

BellesBook2.jpg

(Sleeping Beauty)

Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, put our service to the test! Well, not yet. Maybe next time.

BeOurGuest.jpg

Waiting in line for the new Little Mermaid attraction

LMA.jpg

Time to Trick or Treat while waiting for the second parade. Flat Flynn gets a bit hungry and heads for the treats.

That bag may be a bit big, Flat Flynn:

Treats.jpg

That's better- just the right size for a Tootsie Roll

TootsieRoll.jpg

LOVE IT!!!!! OMG Costumes!!! Best trip report EVER!!! Thank you to the people doing all the leg work. :worship::worship::worship:

~NM

Yay Ben - too fun! We're already thinking about Ben's January trip. Never a dull moment with Ben. If the FP line was longer than expected, or we were waiting for something, the boys always said, "Mom, get Ben."

LOVE IT!!!!! OMG Costumes!!! Best trip report EVER!!! Thank you to the people doing all the leg work. :worship::worship::worship:

~NM

So glad you are enjoying this!

Wanna hear something funny about the costume? I kept procrastinating about sending FB to AnjieNet because I knew I wanted to do a few special things. Then her trip came up before I knew it and it happened during an unexpectedly busy week and I had a deadline to get him to her. So while I did get a chance to make FB, Flat Harry Ben and a poncho, I didn't have time to put together a costume. The picture I used was of Ben from Colonial Day, white shirt, knickers, hat. He just needed the vest. I sent Anjie a few raw materials (the pouch and some pleather for the belt). Guess where she got the design for Flat Flynn's vest! From Penny (chaoscent) on the DISign board!!! Flat Ben's original traveling companion.

I'm hoping we see Penny again soon- I emailed her several weeks ago and she had a lot going on and didn't have much time to DIS.

Yay Ben - too fun! We're already thinking about Ben's January trip. Never a dull moment with Ben. If the FP line was longer than expected, or we were waiting for something, the boys always said, "Mom, get Ben."

I'm happy to hear Flat Ben will be joining your family again! As you mentioned on the BC board, guess I have to provide a coat for him. I know just the coat to use for him for your trip!

Noticed that FB hasn't been on the Wild Africa Trek yet! We'd love to take him in April! :thumbsup2

You are correct! He hasn't been invited on the Trek yet. You are welcome to entertain him in April. PM your address to me or email me at beachclubdee@yahoo.com and I can send him out to you.

Speaking of safaris... Next up is Flat Ben's visit to Animal Kingdom with AnjieNet and friends. I should be able to post those pictures tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter