The Anaheim Hotel review

NAP14

Earning My Ears
Hi Disney Friends,
I recently returned from a 3 night stay at The Anaheim Hotel and wanted to provide a short review.
My 7 year old daughter and I stayed in room 635 which is toward the back of the hotel on the second floor. No elevator, but easy to access room as they have ramp to second floor rooms.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds with a balcony.
Pros: close to park ( less than 10 minute walk), pizza press and bar in the hotel, amazing pool and grounds. My daughter loved having grassy areas for cartwheels:).
Hotel staff are very welcoming and friendly.
Room was clean. Hold your luggage after checking out.
Cons: coffee maker ( but they offer free fresh coffee at Pizza press for guests in the morning :). The major issue was the TV turned on at 4:45 am the first night. I asked maintenance to check it out, but honestly unplugged the TV the following nights to ensure didn’t happen again. Towels are not the best quality, but on par with most hotels.

Overall, I recommend the hotel and will stay there for our next visit. It was so nice to come back to a hotel with plenty on space to relax whether it be at the pool, on the grassy areas, in the lounge or at their on property pizza restaurant.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Disney Friends,
I recently returned from a 3 night stay at The Anaheim Hotel and wanted to provide a short review.
My 7 year old daughter and I stayed in room 635 which is toward the back of the hotel on the second floor. No elevator, but easy to access room as they have ramp to second floor rooms.
We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds with a balcony.
Pros: close to park ( less than 10 minute walk), pizza press and bar in the hotel, amazing pool and grounds. My daughter loved having grassy areas for cartwheels:).
Hotel staff are very welcoming and friendly.
Room was clean. Hold your luggage after checking out.
Cons: coffee maker ( but they offer free fresh coffee at Pizza press for guests in the morning :). The major issue was the TV turned on at 4:45 am the first night. I asked maintenance to check it out, but honestly unplugged the TV the following nights to ensure didn’t happen again. Towels are not the best quality, but on par with most hotels.

Overall, I recommend the hotel and will stay there for our next visit. It was so nice to come back to a hotel with plenty on space to relax whether it be at the pool, on the grassy areas, in the lounge or at their on property pizza restaurant.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks for the review!

I haven't been in a long time and had a less than stellar stay my last trip, but overall always liked the hotel. The biggest thing for me was that our room was grungy. I mean, it had been cleaned, but the floors were iffy. The sink drained very slowly had had little gnats that came up out of the drain (our AC didn't work in the first room we were given so we were moved to the one with gnats). They were in the midst of a renovation so there was stuff piled up everywhere from the rooms they were redoing and I know it was a little chaotic for them.

As I said, this was long ago and I've had great stays there, but I decided not to return until some real upgrading had been done. Honestly, I love the old-schoolness of the hotel, but I don't love maintenance issues not being addressed. It sounds like things are much better now.

I wanted to add some pricing that we thought was difficult to find on their website (hint - click on Terms and Conditions at the very bottom of home page). $20 car parking (plus $30 day parking if remains after 11am checkout), $7.50/day Resort Fee, $15 Microwave fee per stay if you need one, $50 per Day (not per nite) pet fee for pets under 40lbs.

I wanted to add some pricing that we thought was difficult to find on their website (hint - click on Terms and Conditions at the very bottom of home page). $20 car parking (plus $30 day parking if remains after 11am checkout), $7.50/day Resort Fee, $15 Microwave fee per stay if you need one, $50 per Day (not per nite) pet fee for pets under 40lbs.
Well, that shoots Anaheim Hotel off the list for me! I used to like it but those fees are atrocious for that property. A resort fee? Give me a break.

A lot of hotels tack on a Resort Fee that you barely notice since it only turns up in the final bill. I think it was Park Vue that added $10 a day and really hid it until check out (and you had to do the math to notice the bill did not add up), hotels like to mention "it is clearly noted in the fine print" lol. I'm also very careful to ask when parking charges start and end - it varies - and that can change both the numbers, and make you feel rushed to move the car when you are trying to enjoy your vacation time.

Well, that shoots Anaheim Hotel off the list for me! I used to like it but those fees are atrocious for that property. A resort fee? Give me a break.
Many of the hotels on Harbor are charging "resort fees" now. Even Desert Inn & Suites! That one made me snort laugh because I can't think of anywhere less resort-like😂.

It's also known as a surcharge fee. It can cover anything from the pool, gym, business center, amenities around the hotel (I know The Anaheim has lawn games and a fire pit) to breakfast and parking. I know many hotels in the area charge for parking but I am saying in some hotels that's what the fee covers.

The hotel I work at has a $6 fee and covers all of the above. People complain about it but we are the only hotel in a very expensive ski resort area that offers free parking and breakfast. The resorts in our area charge $50 for parking.

PS it's called a resort fee because it is in a resort area.

Edited because my response sounded kind of rude.

I don't mind hotels charging for useful extras, but I share the opinion of many travel professionals that resort fees are a way to enhance profits by charging for "extras" that are not optional. People are often misled into thinking they are paying a lower rate because it's often not apparent upfront that there is an additional "resort fee."

If a hotel needs to charge extra to provide non-optional amenities, then roll it into the cost of the room. Hiding it in the fine print is more profitable to hotels but I dislike the lack of transparency and the way it increases hotel profits while taking away travel agent commissions (hotels don't have to pay commissions on resort fees).

We're only talking about a small resort fee in this case, but the reasoning is the same. If the cost is necessary, roll it into the room price where it's easy to see.

Last edited:
Just wanted to tag my thoughts on this thread, because before our recent trip I would have recommended this hotel, but afterward, I now cannot recommend it.

We stayed from Sunday September 10-Wednesday September 13. We stayed in a Double King room on the 1st floor of Building 2. This was our 3rd time staying at the hotel (last year during Oogie Boogie and about a year before during a Fall trip). In our past stays, we really had almost no issues and I have recommended this hotel based on those stays, however, cannot do that any longer.

On this trip, we had a lot of issue crop up that I couldn't ignore:

-For starters, the room really wasn't clean. When we checked in, there were cheerios on the floor, VERY noticeable hot pink/red stains on the carpet, and other trash items in the room (the most gross example of which was a plastic medicine measuring cup our 4 YO found)
-We had HUGE room cleaning issues. The first day we came back to the room to take a midday nap (got back around 2:15) and our room was not clean yet - this is odd in our experience. Been coming to DL for years and typically, even during staff shortages, our room was clean by then. We then missed the cleaning b/c our 4 YO was napping. I stopped at the front desk on our way back to request a room clean (and noted that our daughter had an accident so we stripped our bed completely and would need all new bedding). The host seemed like that would be problematic; but wrote it down and said they'd get it done. When we came back at 11:00 that night, they had merely dropped off 2-3 sheets. All the dirty bedding remained in the room, the sheets weren't put on the bed, and nothing was cleaned. It took 2 visits to the front desk, an explanation to the cleaner who came, and a total of 45-60 minutes to get the bedding changed.
-Same issue the next day - we were napping when they came. I said we'd be gone in 45 minutes. She confirmed they'd come back in an hour to clean the room. We arrived back at 10: 45 that night - room had not been cleaned. So for everyone counting, that is 3 nights with zero removal of trash, changing of towels, making of beds, etc.
-First morning of the stay, the shower knob broke. It became very difficult to control the water temperature and when I mentioned it, it was going to take a day or two to fix, so I just said never mind b/c of the short stay.
-The toilet seat also did not work very well - for my wife and daughter it was a non-issue, but for me, it become a perilous adventure to use the toilet properly (I had to hold the toilet seat up while I used the restroom)
-Less of a massive issue, but this time when the A/C kicked on, it sounded like a FREIGHT train coming into the room for 5-10 seconds before settling down; it woke us all up multiple time throughout the nights/naps

All in all, they eventually waived resort fees and offered us a discount on our next stay, but we'll be taking some time to use other resorts before we go back here.

UH OH lol. I'm heading out tomorrow morning for a four night stay at The Anaheim Hotel. Hopefully we don't get the room you stayed in!!!! I'll make sure to check the toilet seat and shower knob as soon as we check in so we can demand a new room if need be...

UH OH lol. I'm heading out tomorrow morning for a four night stay at The Anaheim Hotel. Hopefully we don't get the room you stayed in!!!! I'll make sure to check the toilet seat and shower knob as soon as we check in so we can demand a new room if need be...
Haha 204! 2/3 stays were great - hope everything goes well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter