The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

I'll get back to your comments in a bit, but we leave in TWO days, and my friend, Ariane, just reminded me that I haven't shared my plans here!

Coming up fast!!

First, some sad news…my mom has decided not to come with Ava :sad1: This is tough for all of us, but obviously especially tough for Ava who has been talking of going back non-stop since our April trip.

Well shoot but as others have said, everyone must decide for themselves what they want to risk and what they are comfortable with.

It was such a hard decision and I kind of stayed out of it…I have to say that I prefer not to follow the news too much about this stupid thing because it'll make me crazy,

Probably best to stay out of that decision. As much as you want to give input...

And yes, haven't read ANY source of news for a long time. Although have read some statistics on and off. Because it makes me crazy too.

Mike's Travel Day! :rotfl2: He'll be getting on a train at 8 am, switching in New Haven and then again in DC, where he switches for a final trip to Orlando. He will arrive on the morning of 8/7 and head to POP and then I made him a park reservation at EP where he can eat around the WS and may get a ride on Soarin' :goodvibes

LONG day and a lot of work to get there. What is it about flying he doesn't care for?

We are having a scooter dropped off that am by Gold's, where we rented from in April. It's all paid for and was going to be for my mom but now we may keep it for Mike. He's had a torn meniscus and actually has surgery scheduled 4 days after we get home.

Well that sure worked out great!

I mean not that his knee is injured but that you had the scooter anyway.

Plus he's in a lot of pain so this just makes sense, even though he's not thrilled with the idea.

I don't know of anyone who LOVES riding a scooter for a trip, but when you have to, it sure is nice to have available.
Breakfast at Tusker House…I am so excited for this since we haven't been in a few years!

Someplace I wouldn't mind eating at sometime just to try it.

Lunch at 50's PTC

Been a hit or miss place for me. I hope you love this one!

Lunch at The Plaza
And I sure wish they'd bring back the full menu here. I miss that Hot Brown Sandwich.

North Jersey... No where near us. Also not the prettiest area of Jersey... Don't judge all of Jersey by Seacaucus..

It wasn't that bad! I hated getting there because we had to go over the GW bridge, but once we got there, everything was so close…like within walking distance, so it wasn't bad at all. Would I want to vacation there?? Heck, no! But for the dance comp, it was perfect!

At least you got your picture taken. I find there are usually very little photos of me.

Same! My mom is the one who usually makes sure there are at least a couple of me!

I think you should keep both ADRS because I think it is easier for them to seat a few less than to add a person.

I think you're right. I'll just explain why my mom isn't there.

I hope the crowds wind down some in August.

I hope so too!

Costco-like quiche,

:rotfl2:

That's GREAT, Kelly!! Congrats to her on a job well done!

Thank you!

I don't think any of the plexiglass is still there on any of the rides. Thank goodness!

Good!

UGH, the buses just simply sucked. So hit and miss. It's like they simply could not adjust to the demands and flow of the need. I was not impressed. I'm inclined to either stick with the mono, 'Liner, or take rideshare.

I just said to Mike this morning that I almost wish we were driving just so we could have our own car…and I hate driving!

I agree with Caroline. If you have to go UP from 5, you have to switch table types. If they are already planning for 7/8 they have it set up and you can more easily just not sit the extra places. They may not have a big enough table when you want it.

I think that's what I'll do :thumbsup2

LOL I know I'm totally late responding to this but that was a result of #oldbrain and following both yours and Caroline's reports at the same time lol

No worries! I get confused too! :rotfl:

So that hot dog is delicious and now my go-to in AK if we aren't doing a table service lol

What? Wow! You don't strike me as a hotdog person!

Holy cow! That's... practically right now!

Ummmm…yeah…better get packing! :P

50's Primetime is so much fun as long as you get a fun server! If not, the food has always been good and the decor is fun.

It may be a one and done but I'm excited to try it!

I have not breathed a word to the girls about our plans for next February. hopefully things will start to get better again sooner than later. But they would be heart broken if we had to cancel. I mean I will be as well. but I am an adult, I will have to deal with it.

Very smart. With our trip this past April, we literally told her 2 days before we left. But after that trip, I was super optimistic that things were moving in the right direction. I will not make that mistake again. Next time we take her, we'll surprise her a day or two in advance.

Danielle will be working the night of 8/8 at Flavor by Fire if you pass by

I'll look for her over there!

What is it about flying he doesn't care for?

Oh, Liesa…I wish I knew :confused3

Well that sure worked out great!

I mean not that his knee is injured but that you had the scooter anyway.

Yes! I think he'll be thanking me to have it!

And I sure wish they'd bring back the full menu here. I miss that Hot Brown Sandwich.

I miss the full menu too…I wish the Fried Green Tomato sandwich would come back!

What the heck is a Hot Brown Sandwich?? I have to say, it doesn't sound too appetizing! :rotfl:

We still have dinner plans at Via Napoli in EP that I decided to keep. We'll probably head out of DHS by 1-2, hopefully settle in at the BCV, and then to out dinner at 6.
Jack and I move from CSR to the Boardwalk that day and will be at Epcot Sunday night to sample some of the F&W booths.
Dinner at Beaches and Cream…not great planning since it's very similar for to Sci-Fi, but I think we'll probably head back to relax at the resort for a bit. We may park hop after dinner, depending on how we feel.
We have Beaches and cream Tuesday night too. We may change it to Big River Grille and just go to the take out window for ice cream.
MK again (remember…we were supposed to have a 5 year-old with us)
That's our day to attempt a 4 parks 1 day
I just said to Mike this morning that I almost wish we were driving just so we could have our own car…and I hate driving!
I rented a car for the first time ever. I am a little nervous with the rising case counts and feel better not using shared transportation.

It wasn't that bad! I hated getting there because we had to go over the GW bridge, but once we got there, everything was so close…like within walking distance, so it wasn't bad at all. Would I want to vacation there?? Heck, no! But for the dance comp, it was perfect!
That's good to hear! How did she/they do?

I'll get back to your comments in a bit, but we leave in TWO days, and my friend, Ariane, just reminded me that I haven't shared my plans here!
Looks like you are there already! Hope you all have the best family trip!

First, some sad news…my mom has decided not to come with Ava :sad1: This is tough for all of us, but obviously especially tough for Ava who has been talking of going back non-stop since our April trip. It was such a hard decision and I kind of stayed out of it…I have to say that I prefer not to follow the news too much about this stupid thing because it'll make me crazy, but of course the ridiculous rates in FL are all I seem to hear about.
Oh no! I know this must have been such a hard decision for her. We are supposed to go down the week after you and I'm seriously rethinking it. Between covid and some family stuff I need to fill you in on the cards just don't seem to be there for us. Of course we told Casey we were going to the Halloween non-party party and she is gonna be heartbroken if we don't go. Though pretty sure heartbroken is better than covid

It's just crazy to me that we felt so confident in April that things would surely be MUCH better by August :sad2: Boy, we were we wrong!
I seriously cannot believe this. How in the world are we going backwards. I am so appalled at us as a country.

Mike's Travel Day! :rotfl2: He'll be getting on a train at 8 am, switching in New Haven and then again in DC, where he switches for a final trip to Orlando.
He shoulda stopped by and said hi :D

He's had a torn meniscus and actually has surgery scheduled 4 days after we get home. He walks (limps) around on it okay around here but I had been toying with the idea of renting him a scooter for there anyway since he'll be walking a LOT more and honestly, will slow us down!
Poor Mike. Hope he makes use of the scooter. Walking around Disney with a torn anything sounds miserable

Dinner at Homecomin'…Mike's only request every trip! Allie doesn't like it but she loves DS so she may decide to ditch us and go to Chicken Guy, instead! Depending on how we're feeling, we may head to DS straight from AK, or go back to the resort and relax a bit first.
Oh Allie. Never done chicken guy but pretty sure nothing can compare to Homecoming chicken

I got so far behind, you're already gone on your trip!!! Hope you're having the most amazing time despite not being able to have Grammy and Ava along for the fun. Congratulations to Allie on making the dance team at Q! What an awesome way to start her college years :) Can't wait to hear all about your adventure when you get back.

Jack and I move from CSR to the Boardwalk that day and will be at Epcot Sunday night to sample some of the F&W booths.

Hi Susan! I'm sorry we never got to meet up down there and now we won't be able to in December either :sad1: One of these days! Hope you had a great trip!

I rented a car for the first time ever. I am a little nervous with the rising case counts and feel better not using shared transportation.

I ended up renting a car at the very last minute and loved it!

Sound like a memorable trip!

Thanks for reading!

Thank you!

I did look for Danielle once at the Flavors of Fire booth, but not the night you said she'd be there. Once I thought it was her, but I wasn't close enough to be sure so I didn't say anything. That booth was my favorite, by the way!

That's good to hear! How did she/they do?

They did great! Seems like so long ago now!

Looks like you are there already! Hope you all have the best family trip!

It was a family trip, all right :rolleyes1

Oh no! I know this must have been such a hard decision for her. We are supposed to go down the week after you and I'm seriously rethinking it. Between covid and some family stuff I need to fill you in on the cards just don't seem to be there for us. Of course we told Casey we were going to the Halloween non-party party and she is gonna be heartbroken if we don't go. Though pretty sure heartbroken is better than covid

It was a very hard decision but in the end, the right one. Ironically, Ava started school Thursday and came home Friday with a sore throat, woke up Saturday with a full blown cold and slight fever. She's going for a Covid test today 🙏

I'm sorry about your trip, I'm sure Casey was so disappointed :hug: I am soooo sick of this crazy stupid virus.

I seriously cannot believe this. How in the world are we going backwards. I am so appalled at us as a country.

Exactly :sad2:

Poor Mike. Hope he makes use of the scooter. Walking around Disney with a torn anything sounds miserable

Thank goodness for that scooter…he never could have walked all that time.

I got so far behind, you're already gone on your trip!!! Hope you're having the most amazing time despite not being able to have Grammy and Ava along for the fun. Congratulations to Allie on making the dance team at Q! What an awesome way to start her college years :) Can't wait to hear all about your adventure when you get back.

Thanks, Jackie! I'm a pokey TR writer so I'm not surprised you caught up!

Only practically the best sandwich on Planet Earth. ;)

It looks like a LOT of work for a sandwich…also, I can't get past the name! I'm surprised this doesn't hit different with you too, my fellow nurse :rotfl:

Hello everyone!

So sorry I've been away from this TR for so long!

We had a fun trip…I absolutely LOVED the BCV :love:
The two bedroom villa there was outstanding, I so wish I could move in there forever!

I have been super busy since we got back getting Allie ready and off to college :sad:
But she's all moved in and loving it so far...

They have a huge room…a quad actually, but with just the two of them in it
so they have LOTS of extra space.
Maybe the only good thing to have come from Covid.

Her and her roommate are friends from high school and dance and they made the QU dance team together, so I think that's helped her with the transition. I feel bad when some of the parents on our QU parent's page post that their kids hate it and want to go home already. Allie and her roomie have already made bunches of friends in their dorm and with some of the dance team girls, so at least that's one less thing for me to worry about!

I'll hopefully be back soon to update our April report,
so maybe I can start on August before I leave again on September 29th!

See you soon!

Hi Susan! I'm sorry we never got to meet up down there and now we won't be able to in December either :sad1: One of these days! Hope you had a great trip!
Hi Kelly! One day we will have overlapping trips again and enjoy a cocktail or two together! :) I started my TR for our trip. It was good overall with some of the delights that go along with travelling with young adult children.
I ended up renting a car at the very last minute and loved it!
I was SO spoiled by having a car!
It was a family trip, all right :rolleyes1
Haha! Sounds just like our trip!
It was a very hard decision but in the end, the right one. Ironically, Ava started school Thursday and came home Friday with a sore throat, woke up Saturday with a full blown cold and slight fever. She's going for a Covid test today 🙏

I'm sorry about your trip, I'm sure Casey was so disappointed :hug: I am soooo sick of this crazy stupid virus.
Poor Ava!! We start back on the 9th with full Covid precautions again and I am so, so over it!!!
Her and her roommate are friends from high school and dance and they made the QU dance team together, so I think that's helped her with the transition. I feel bad when some of the parents on our QU parent's page post that their kids hate it and want to go home already. Allie and her roomie have already made bunches of friends in their dorm and with some of the dance team girls, so at least that's one less thing for me to worry about!
So happy Allie has made such an easy transition! How are you doing without your girl? Stuart moves into residence on Tuesday and Jamie on Friday. I am used to Jack being away now but having the twins gone will be really strange.

I love her set up!! It's like a palace compared to the shack I lived in during college LOL :)

So awesome that she has a friend to room with and already started making more through dance. I'm sure that gives you some piece of mind even though you miss her so much.

We had a fun trip…I absolutely LOVED the BCV
Glad you had a great trip!
I so wish I could move in there forever!
Oh, you can.

Step one: Become extremely wealthy...
have been super busy since we got back getting Allie ready and off to college :sad:
But she's all moved in and loving it so far...
Ah yes... they do grow up, don't they? My eldest will be moving out soon as well.
Her and her roommate are friends from high school and dance and they made the QU dance team together, so I think that's helped her with the transition.
Nice that they can be together. :)

Actually, on that front, she got some exciting news. She tried out for, and made the dance team at Quinnipiac so she will still be dancing in college!
I have just started following along and this is where I am up to. I am a fellow QU grad! Class of 04! We were the "Braves" back then! Best of luck to her (I assume she has already moved in since I know they start in August)! My cousin is starting their Nursing Masters program this fall as well. Go Bobcats!

Hi Kelly! One day we will have overlapping trips again and enjoy a cocktail or two together! :) I started my TR for our trip.

I hope so!

I already started reading yours
:goodvibes

I was SO spoiled by having a car!

It is VERY nice. I don't know that I'd want to go without one!

Poor Ava!! We start back on the 9th with full Covid precautions again and I am so, so over it!!!

I am too. Good luck to you and those babies :hug: Wasn't teaching hard enough already??

So happy Allie has made such an easy transition! How are you doing without your girl? Stuart moves into residence on Tuesday and Jamie on Friday. I am used to Jack being away now but having the twins gone will be really strange.

I'm doing okay…we've talked almost every day…mostly for her to add to her ever growing list of what she needs :rotfl:

How will you do without your boys?

I love her set up!! It's like a palace compared to the shack I lived in during college LOL :)

So awesome that she has a friend to room with and already started making more through dance. I'm sure that gives you some piece of mind even though you miss her so much.

I am glad she's happy and already made a LOT of friends. She's trying to squeeze some time into her schedule for me to bring her more stuff and she has too many plans!

Oh, you can.

Step one: Become extremely wealthy...

Ohhhh. Is that how??

Trust me…I've been working on it and it's just not happening as a nurse!

I like the idea of winning the Powerball, but I never remember to play!

Ah yes... they do grow up, don't they? My eldest will be moving out soon as well.

Aw, and how's dad holding up? Will she be moving far?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter