The app currently says there's a 45 minute wait for LITTLE MERMAID?

I was in the parks the last 3 days. I never saw 45 for Little Mermaid, but I did see 80 for Monsters Inc….

I’m very experienced with DLR crowds - I’m a teacher, so I always go when it’s crowded (yes, my district was one of the ones that had this week off)- but Genie + adds a different element. It’s a lot more like WDW during FP+ (I haven’t been there since their G+ launch) where their standby lines were just laughably insane because of FP+. During crowded times, standby lines on LL attractions are just not really something I’d mess with apart from the first hour or so of the day.

I do think this is working exactly how Disney designed it to. Tired park goers who have waited 90 min for Space Mountain and are now watching yet another group of LL people go by while they just keep waiting will probably start thinking, “time to pay $20 per person to avoid doing this anymore!”

I have seen little mermaid use almost all of the inside and outside of the queue that is almost never used. I think it was close to an hour wait. That was a couple years ago.

when I was there in dec 2022, the line wasn’t that bad, but it was posted as 35 minute wait.

I would only wait 15 min max for That ride.

I do think this is working exactly how Disney designed it to. Tired park goers who have waited 90 min for Space Mountain and are now watching yet another group of LL people go by while they just keep waiting will probably start thinking, “time to pay $20 per person to avoid doing this anymore!”

Yep. Same thing on many of the "freeways" in the Puget Sound. They aren't free anymore unless you are willing to wait in bumper to bumper traffic while watching the cars pay to go into the lightening lane just speed by you.

I was in the parks the last 3 days. I never saw 45 for Little Mermaid, but I did see 80 for Monsters Inc….

When I was there in December (pre-Genie+), I was browsing the app at one point and I saw 90 min for Monsters, Inc and was immediately like, "Okay, something's broken, and we are definitely not going to do that." So we did some other rides, checked later and it was down to like 20 minutes. All I can figure is the app was mistaken, or perhaps some other ride broke down and everyone headed towards Monsters, Inc.

Little Mermaid is one of my favorites (what can I say, the music still hits, and the A/C is fantastic during the summer), but not in a million years would I wait 45 minutes for it. (I did ride it three times on one trip though. Thanks short wait times!)

Yep, I saw lots today too. I was pleasantly surprised that all the groups I saw seemed very respectful and weren’t extra loud or anything. So they may contribute to crowds, but they aren’t causing any problems that I saw.

Yeah, the only thing I saw them do loud was in Avengers Campus when Captain America was up on the building. One or two of a group yelled for him to turn around and then they all squealed. But at least they didn't say "America's A$$." :rotfl2:

When I was there in December (pre-Genie+), I was browsing the app at one point and I saw 90 min for Monsters, Inc and was immediately like, "Okay, something's broken, and we are definitely not going to do that." So we did some other rides, checked later and it was down to like 20 minutes. All I can figure is the app was mistaken, or perhaps some other ride broke down and everyone headed towards Monsters, Inc.

The CM at the ride actually was telling people it was 120 when the app said 80. He was moving the wait time sign and telling people, “I can’t show it on here because our sign doesn’t go that high.” The line didn’t look super long, but I never actually even saw them take people from standby when I rode it with LL. Just the steady stream of LL.

The wait times were pretty screwy all morning yesterday because at opening Incredicoaster, Toy Story, Goofy’s, and a few min later Monsters Inc were all closed. But this long MI wait time was quite awhile after it reopened. I saw people lining up for Toy Story well before it opened. Desperation I guess…

A bigger shocker was that people were willing to wait 80 minutes for Monsters Inc.
I'm not sure how Monsters inc gets such high wait times. It is a fun ride and I love wazoski but not 80 min, not even 15 min I will wait. Especially when at any given time the wait for Monsters inc and little mermaid will be 5 min at most. We got a LL for MI because it said 35 min wait and we had already done the other rides but when we got there it was a walk-on. DD checks the wait for Ariel and Winnie the pooh as a sign of how bad the parks are. Anything over 10 and it is a busy day. I guess we will have different favorite rides.

High wait times for "mermaid" type rides reasons. No LL available for E ticket rides. Familes with little kids that can't or won't ride the "big/fast" rides. The ones with kids who want to ride Little Mermaid multiple times but can't get multiple LL for the same ride.
And the biggest reason, Disney's decision not to limit the number of Genie + sold each day based on capacity numbers. It's not Express/Lightening/Fast if most/everyone has it.

This is the Princess Marathon(s) weekend. (feb 24 to feb 27) Run disney weekends tend to be busy with runners and their families coming in early for their event or staying after events to enjoy the parks. Add those guests with Presidents’ day (and Family day in Canada) traveler’s maximizing the long weekends and it def ups the crowd levels/wait times.
That is WDW not Disneyland as far as I know. Shouldn't impact LM at DCA.

That is WDW not Disneyland as far as I know. Shouldn't impact LM at DCA.
Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. I'm just super nervous about my trip to DL/DCA with granddaughter, didn't realize I'd posted wrong spot. She has a DAS and getting a hour return time to come back to wait an hour in LL....reason for DAS is bc she can't wait an hour easily. I need to stop worrying about it, our trip isn't until August. It will probably be all changed up again by then. But I stand by my comment that they should have planned it out better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter