The Best Tip for Getting BOG ADR (and other hoped-for ADRs)

dreamit

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but, if not, I want to share this with those that can be flexible with their vacation arrival date. I figured out that the best way to get the exact ADRs you're seeking is, if your plans can be flexible, plan to arrive at WDW on a Thursday or Friday, NOT a Saturday. My arrival date is Thursday, 9/25, so my 180 +10 window opened yesterday. For the week of 9/27, I would imagine that most folks are arriving on 9/27, so their ADR window opens tomorrow. So, in a way, without realizing it at the time, I had a leg-up on booking my ADRs for the week of 9/27, as my window opened two days prior to most vacationers' window. I was able to book not only every restaurant I had hoped, but also the precise times I was seeking. Even as of right now, a day after booking my ADRs, for example, I can see open BOG reservations for every night from 9/29 through 10/4.

I am only at WDW for 3 park days 9/25,9/26 and 9/27 I was up and on the computer at 5:50 AM on Friday and NOTHING for BOG for any of my dates ... I am looking for anything I can get for those dates .. I am hopeful to get lucky and get something but we shall see ... I have checked everyday this weekend and am going to do it again tomorrow morning !

I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously, but, if not, I want to share this with those that can be flexible with their vacation arrival date. I figured out that the best way to get the exact ADRs you're seeking is, if your plans can be flexible, plan to arrive at WDW on a Thursday or Friday, NOT a Saturday. My arrival date is Thursday, 9/25, so my 180 +10 window opened yesterday. For the week of 9/27, I would imagine that most folks are arriving on 9/27, so their ADR window opens tomorrow. So, in a way, without realizing it at the time, I had a leg-up on booking my ADRs for the week of 9/27, as my window opened two days prior to most vacationers' window. I was able to book not only every restaurant I had hoped, but also the precise times I was seeking. Even as of right now, a day after booking my ADRs, for example, I can see open BOG reservations for every night from 9/29 through 10/4.

We will be there the 29-4, so I sure hope they stay open. :)

I am only at WDW for 3 park days 9/25,9/26 and 9/27 I was up and on the computer at 5:50 AM on Friday and NOTHING for BOG for any of my dates ... I am looking for anything I can get for those dates .. I am hopeful to get lucky and get something but we shall see ... I have checked everyday this weekend and am going to do it again tomorrow morning !

This probably depends on the size of your group, but I've gotten BOG reservations three times, well after the 180 days out. Twice for two people and once for four. Keeps trying! Although my opinion is that lunch is the best option at BOG.

This thread gives me hope! We are still a few weeks out from our 180 days, but we arrive on a Wednesday so hopefully we'll get lucky with our ADRs.

Mine is tomorrow! We have gotten BOG dinner reservations before (last May) but now my parents are joining us and there will be 7 of us! Keeping my fingers crossed

Check everyday up until your holiday. You have to cancel your reservation by 11pm the day before so if you still haven't got one by your holiday there is still hope you can grab one the night before. I will be cancelling one for May.

Today was our 180+10 mark (9/27-10/5). I was up and ready at 5:50am and I got 3 great reservations to BOG and 2 for 8:00am to Crystal Palace. (I did drop 2 of the BOG after I was able to get everything else situated and chose the best one.)

BOG was the first thing I searched on as Dinner and started with the last day of my trip and moved back toward the beginning. Most of the ones I got were between 5:20 and 6:45.

Good luck all and I hope this helps you a little.:wizard:

Dreamit is definitely onto something. Today was my 180 (for a Sunday arrival) and I was online the second it opened. Nothing was available at BOG for my entire stay. (Rats!) Guess I'll have to resort to hoping for pixie dust for a lunch FP+! ;-)

I think the best chance of getting BOG is if you book it for the last few days of your trip, especially if your trip is 7 or more days. Since the 180+10 began people are able to book up tables during others' stays.

So, for instance: If I am going to WDW June 1 through 12, and you're going June 4 through 8, I have a greater chance of getting a BOG reservation on my 180+10 day than you do, because I have more opportunity to, and your vacation window lies smack dab in the middle of my and a lot of other people's window.

I hope I'm making sense!

As some of you have been successful booking BOG ADRs, could you please tell me the best way to book a reservation (phone, Disney Dining site, or perhaps another method)? What worked for you? We will have resort reservations for 10/16-22. I believe our 180+10 opens 4/10. The Disney Dining site seems to be for 180 days out only. Where can I access the 180+10 dates? I'm not holding out much hope of snagging a reservation, but it would be nice.

I know this is always the place to go for help with all things Disney! Thanks.

As some of you have been successful booking BOG ADRs, could you please tell me the best way to book a reservation (phone, Disney Dining site, or perhaps another method)? What worked for you? We will have resort reservations for 10/16-22. I believe our 180+10 opens 4/10. The Disney Dining site seems to be for 180 days out only. Where can I access the 180+10 dates? I'm not holding out much hope of snagging a reservation, but it would be nice. I know this is always the place to go for help with all things Disney! Thanks.

If your arrival date is October 16, it looks like your 180 day is April 19. This is an ADR date calculator: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html

To access the +10, your resort reservation has to be listed/associated in MDE. Once 6am eastern time hits on your 180 day, the following 10 days should become available.

For BOG, you will have a greater chance at an ADR if the day you want BOG is farther out in your +10. You should be online at 6am, and make BOG the first ADR you try to get.

You are right - April 19 is the 180 day mark. Thank you for the advice. Already have an MDE account from our last trip. Non-expiring tickets are attached, airline tickets purchased now all we need are the resort reservation. Can't wait. BOG ADRs would be great but won't make or break our vacation. So many other fun things planned! Thank you for the direction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter