The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

It used to be the mantra that Disney wanted to avoid everyone waiting in lines. People in lines are not shopping/eating/drinking etc.

Seems that G+ is bad on a number of levels, long standby lines, complicated, limited, etc.

I understand G+ brings in revenue but I cannot imagine Disney is thrilled by the current version.

I know I’ve read about different drops throughout the day but I can’t find which thread it’s in. I seem to remember seeing around 230 somewhere but don’t know where I read it. Anyone know what times they seem to release more times for genie+? I know I’ve read in the morning (710) but I’m thinking more for after 1 to try to get TOT or RNRC as a third if they are all sold out by 1.

I know I’ve read about different drops throughout the day but I can’t find which thread it’s in. I seem to remember seeing around 230 somewhere but don’t know where I read it. Anyone know what times they seem to release more times for genie+? I know I’ve read in the morning (710) but I’m thinking more for after 1 to try to get TOT or RNRC as a third if they are all sold out by 1.
Yes! From @Westerner on the “tips for SDD and RoR thread”…

“Looking at LL availability for SDD on thrill data over the last 30 days, it looks like there are drops around 9:35, 12:05, and 2:35. So you might want to try refreshing around those times.”

I believe it’s TOT; but right now I can get TOT at 8:25 but no RnRc

I’ll check to see if this changes in next 2 minutes

TOT just sold out at 2:31 pm.

Edit at 2:32 pm I don’t see any drops

Alien SS and Star Tours available (from rides)

Alien SS is the next one gone;

Edit: TSMM came back at 2:36/37

I don’t know how to pin rides to the top (waste time scrolling through everything).

Last edited:
The one day I wasted $60 on my family of four for G+ we used it to ride Smugglers run ONLY at HS. Hopped to MK and used it for only two people at pirates and barnstormer. In total that day we only rode 4 rides (one without GP). Two days later I went to universal with my son - express pass included in our stay at Portofino Bay - and we rode 15 rides with it. FIFTEEN! And my son is only 7 - so height wise he is very restricted! I wish Disney leadership would listen. As a DVC member and pass holder - im just flabbergasted at how terrible the system is now

Hopefully something changes for the better soon.

They allow pre booking anyway (at 7 am) so why not let people book 2 LLIA$, a Genie+ tier 1 and a Genie+ tier 2 one week in advance at say 7 am (typical stay for on site guests at current prices). I don’t like 7 am but I think the reasoning is so that the system doesn’t get jammed during park entry.

I think the ability to stack is stealing evening passes. Why not just stagger passes throughout the day (like VQ, but 3 times and no rebooking). So at 10 am you have passes available for 10-2 pm only; at 2 pm you have 2-6 pm passes and at 6 pm you can book 6-10 pm and that’s it.

This will allow you to eat, take a break 3-7 pm etc.

Edit: And if you pay for Genie, it should be doing the work and booking something from your tip board automatically with you having the ability to modify.
Yes, exactly-the ability to stack is reducing the previous easier availability of evening passes for those who are going with the park hop method. I haven’t used it yet, but it sounds like during less crowded weeks people can stack 3 or more LL passes close together plus purchase another two ILL. That is 5 or more passes being held at once to use later in the day/evening when you could only hold a max of 3FP+ previously with only one of them being tier 1. After you used your 3, it was only one at a time and there was a time you could not book a pass at a 2nd park until you were done with your first 3. And they had to be an hour apart. Still FP+ worked for how we like to tour. Cant say I won’t try the later stacking method on my upcoming trip if it’s still an option.

Last edited:
I believe these drops occur at the 2 minute mark, so suggest you try at 9:32, 12:02, 2:32. I tested it for SDD in Tip Board the other day at 2:32 and did see some times appear but they didn't last long.
I saw a 4pm available for SDD today at 2:32. Wonder if there will be more drop times to track?

I believe it’s TOT; but right now I can get TOT at 8:25 but no RnRc

I’ll check to see if this changes in next 2 minutes

TOT just sold out at 2:31 pm.

Edit at 2:32 pm I don’t see any drops

Alien SS and Star Tours available (from rides)

Alien SS is the next one gone;

Edit: TSMM came back

View attachment 649644

My experience is about the same as yours but a little different. Since I had some time I decided to refresh. I started at 228 and stopped at 237. Constant refresh. I was looking at RNRC, SDD, and TOT. Nothing available until 232. SDD and TOT. SDD I refreshed them again and it was gone. TOT lasted about 5 refreshes. RNRC didn’t pop up until 2:33 (may have been 2:34) and it only lasted that refresh and one more. Then after that I didn’t see any when I quit a little after 2:37 (close to 2:38).

Yes, exactly-the ability to stack is stealing evening passes for those who are going with the park hop method. I haven’t used it yet, but it sounds like during less crowded weeks people can stack 3 or more LL passes close together plus purchase another two ILL. That is 5 or more passes being held at once to use later in the day/evening when you could only hold a max of 3FP+ previously with only one of them being tier 1. After you used your 3, it was only one at a time and there was a time you could not book a pass at a 2nd park until you were done with your first 3. And they had to be an hour apart. Still FP+ worked for how we like to tour. Cant say I won’t try the later stacking method on my upcoming trip if it’s still an option.
I don’t see it as stealing. You’re giving up riding with genie+ as you go (you would get more rides in the AM at MK) and shifting it into the evening.

I've seen a bunch of ideas in here that would help shine the turd that is Genie+. Disney can afford to have the best minds around on the task, so I am going to guess that Disney is quite happy with the system now, seeing as they haven't changed it one bit since launch almost 3 months ago, other than limiting it to 1 ILL during holidays, which were arguably less busy than now. At this point, either they don't care that it isn't working well, or it's working perfectly (in their eyes). Both answers are sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter