The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Big news today that should make things a little better - Disney is taking Frozen Ever After, Space Mountain, and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and putting them into the Genie+ pool. This should help with lack of availability since there's another popular option. It also means you don't have to pay extra for those attractions, which is always nice. It's starting tomorrow and effective through August 7th.

I agree, but I saw AlienSS, TSMM, Indiana Jones and RnRc multiple times and earlier times. A party trying to secure passes for 2 would probably have a better chance vs party of 4 riders (us). RnRC would be most questionable.
Ironically, the one I got was RnRC, and the one I wanted was TSMM! I was trying for two people. I was really surprised that was the way it turned out. We never got MF:SR, but since there’s the single rider line, that was no big loss. And yes, to be fair, I probably could have got AS2 or Indiana Jones, but I never tried because we weren’t interested in either of those.

Well, there goes my HS plan! I am hopping to HS in the afternoon and was going to buy ILL for MMRR and try to snag later day SDD at 7:00 am and then stack at 11:00 and 1:00 for RnRC and ToT so that I had 4 LLs going into the evening. Now I can only pick either SDD OR MMRR at 7:00 am! Any suggestions for a new strategy?!

Wonder if the G+ complaints is the reason for this.
I hope so! And I hope they keep listening and keep working to make this better!

the timeline is interesting…it’s long enough for them to recognize it’s a real problem, but not indefinite. Maybe because GoG will take Frozen’s place with hopefully Tron soon after to take Space’s place? Obviously the biggest problem is HS. So hopefully MMRR gets extended or they do something else to make it better…

Big news today that should make things a little better - Disney is taking Frozen Ever After, Space Mountain, and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and putting them into the Genie+ pool. This should help with lack of availability since there's another popular option. It also means you don't have to pay extra for those attractions, which is always nice. It's starting tomorrow and effective through August 7th.
This is both good and bad.... one thing about the $LL is the ability to pick the time but more rides in G+ should help.
Well, there goes my HS plan! I am hopping to HS in the afternoon and was going to buy ILL for MMRR and try to snag later day SDD at 7:00 am and then stack at 11:00 and 1:00 for RnRC and ToT so that I had 4 LLs going into the evening. Now I can only pick either SDD OR MMRR at 7:00 am! Any suggestions for a new strategy?!
Definitely book SDD at 7, I think that one will still be the most popular G+ at HS

Yeah, that’s a tough one. Would you please post back here after you make a plan and also to let us know how it works out for you?

I think I would go for MMRR at 7, then scoop up a SDD drop later in the day if I can….

This is both good and bad.... one thing about the $LL is the ability to pick the time but more rides in G+ should help.

Definitely book SDD at 7, I think that one will still be the most popular G+ at HS
Lol I was gonna say SDD too at 7, but then I started out-thinking myself and said to do MMRR at 7 and scoop up a SDD drop later on….

also, another thing to consider- you can find standby for MMRR at 60 min, but SDD is often much more.

so maybe SDD is the better choice after all.

Lol I was gonna say SDD too at 7, but then I started out-thinking myself and said to do MMRR at 7 and scoop up a SDD drop later on….

also, another thing to consider- you can find standby for MMRR at 60 min, but SDD is often much more.

Haha, I think second guessing choices for booking is just a way of Disney life

SDD has longer waits (and the queue gets direct sunlight) than MMRR, so grab that SDD first.

We waited in MMRR last June but two of us got out of the line to grab ice cream and water. That was hot as well.

I would grab SDD and if I can’t pick up MMRR I would do it at park closing.

I just made a post about this because I didn’t see one anywhere. Good news!

I would go for SDD LL first, it's harder to get than MMRR. Even tomorrow, when MMRR becomes G+, I predict SDD will still run out much sooner, based on thrilldata over the holidays when MMRR was also G+.

Last edited:
This has me anxious.

We are staying at AoA.

What time does skyliner start? You cannot get to early entry effectively with it?
In Nov they weren’t allowing any one to line up at Art of Animation/Pop for HS until 1 hour before park opening, which is ridiculous considering we have to transfer at CB which is easily 40 mins. I think for resort guests it should be 1 hr before early entry. Maybe they’ve changed this.

This has me anxious.

We are staying at AoA.

What time does skyliner start? You cannot get to early entry effectively with it?
We didn’t try early entry but when HS opened at 10 am, CMs told us we couldn’t line up until an hour before park opening. There was no early entry at that time. Another family told us that they just said they were going to Epcot to get to the CB hub.

There are major issues with the app. Every single day this week I attempted to use it, it worked fine prior to 7:00 and then wouldn't work once the window opened. I could click on LL+ to purchase and then on payment screen it would say unexpected error please refresh (which did nothing) and required me to delete the app and reinstall it to get anything to work. I work in IT and somehow I was consistently breaking the app! Same behavior if I was trying to book my G+ selection first. On day 3, I deleted and reinstalled app before 7:00 and it still happened to me.

I agree that you should be able to modify a selection without having to delete your current selection. This is clearly an effort to push out the service before it was ready for prime time. I've also experienced having my LL+ get to the final screen after payment to say it was no longer available.

Disney has done this to themselves by forcing everyone into the system at 7:00 and they are not prepared to handle it. I won't be buying G+ again, because it is not worth it. All of the rides my son wanted only had return times for late in the day, which meant you are stuck with the 11, 1, 3 timeframes to add another selection and pretty much after 3 there is nothing to pick! I swear Disney releases the late times first, to try and keep you from getting an early time slot and allowing you to use it to improve the number of selections you can get.

For our MK day, we used 2 G+ rides and bought 2 ILL and rode everything that we wanted to. For Epcot, we bought 1 ILL and ended up riding everything without ever using any G+. For HS, we bought 1 ILL and used 1 G+. HS is a total mess with tons of ride closures. We happened to be walking by Rise as it finally opened and got in line with what they said was a 65 minute wait, but we waited about 90 minutes. I happened to be on the ride at 11, so I was late in booking my next G+, which also means every other window was delayed and by my time at 1:14, there was nothing of any value left. Also the buses for HS don't start until 8:00, so you are behind early entry before you ever walk in the park unless you drive yourself to the park.

I'm glad this trip was just myself and my son. I would have felt ripped off if I had paid for this for my entire family.

I remember looking for the Covid vaccine when it first came out. I would get to the final screen and the appointment would be gone. Then some got smart with a lot of people complaining and some started giving the person a set time like 10 minutes or so to finish answering the questions before the appointment was given to another. That would be nice for Disney to do, to give people a set amount of time say 5 minutes or so to complete the screen before giving it to another.

When does the price go up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter