The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Well at least starting tomorrow there will be another attraction at HS to try and spread the G+ out.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...o-genie-for-a-limited-time-starting-2-25/amp/
Big news today that should make things a little better - Disney is taking Frozen Ever After, Space Mountain, and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and putting them into the Genie+ pool. This should help with lack of availability since there's another popular option. It also means you don't have to pay extra for those attractions, which is always nice. It's starting tomorrow and effective through August 7th
Wow, that is a long time frame! That covers our summer vacation. This is good news for us because I refuse to pay for individual lightning lanes. It will definitely change up our strategy though. I have to believe that this is due to all the problems and complaints with the individual lightning purchases.

However, this does not solve the problem that people are only still getting a few G+ selections in a day(HS specifically). That makes these extra rides even more strategic. In my opinion they need to open more slots for G+ selections throughout the day for each attraction.

Dan

Last edited:
However, this does not solve the problem that people are only still getting a few G+ selections in a day(HS specifically). That makes these extra rides even more strategic. In my opinion they need to open more slots for G+ selections throughout the day for each attraction.

Dan

I think the issue relates more to the overall ride capacity at the parks, which hasn't kept up with attendance increases. If Disney opens up more slots for G+ selections, that will lead to even longer Standby waits. That would force Disney to increase the percentage of LL vs. Standby, which probably would cause more issues. They're basically stuck because the G+ system falls apart at DHS especially and at MK sometimes when the crowds are high. Guardians and TRON may help a little, but they'll likely be set up as ILL attractions. So the G+ issue will remain, unfortunately. At least in the short term, I think adding one more popular attraction will help a little bit. But I agree that it's a larger issue for sure.

I think the issue relates more to the overall ride capacity at the parks, which hasn't kept up with attendance increases. If Disney opens up more slots for G+ selections, that will lead to even longer Standby waits. That would force Disney to increase the percentage of LL vs. Standby, which probably would cause more issues. They're basically stuck because the G+ system falls apart at DHS especially and at MK sometimes when the crowds are high. Guardians and TRON may help a little, but they'll likely be set up as ILL attractions. So the G+ issue will remain, unfortunately. At least in the short term, I think adding one more popular attraction will help a little bit. But I agree that it's a larger issue for sure.

I agree.

The issue is fixed capacity...there are only so many operating hours, and each ride has a limit of riders per hour...and that is the limit....and if demand is high people have to wait. FP, FP+, Genie+, LL...whatever you want to call it will not change that math.

It can only create a situation where some people wait by doing different things instead of standing in line (i.e. at 9am I pull a Genie+ for 11:20am....I will wait 2 hours and 20 minutes to ride that ride).

This is a very long video but for those who want a deep dive into all this stuff well worth watching.

Why? Folks keep giving them more and more money.

The new Disney ad should be: Do you like to spend every minute on your vacation either on the phone or in line? If you do, then you will have a magical time at Disney. We have overpriced imported merchandise that you could buy as well. And if that doesn't make your vacation, we allow all of our guests to fight over dining reservations in advance. However, there is no guarantee your lightning lane ride will be any where near your dining reservation. But don't worry. We have plenty of people dressed up as characters to distract you from this reality. And we're pretty certain you'll come back for more. Only next time it will cost a whole lot more. It's magical.
Is your name Roger?

G+ is worthless anyways. We got next to no use out of it at HS.

I'd rather just wait in a long line honestly. I had to wait for 90minutes at guest services anyways, might as well just wait to ride a ride and be done with it.

At least with FP, if you didn’t understand the system it wasn’t affecting your wallet

With G+ I tons of people are buying it and have no idea how it works

Today, 2/25/22- first day of including MMRR in G+ pool- SDD “sold out” at 7:17 and MMRR showing availability for mid afternoon. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out from here. Considering SDD usually “sells out” in minutes, at least for those wanting that ride it’s an improvement.

Today, 2/25/22- first day of including MMRR in G+ pool- SDD “sold out” at 7:17 and MMRR showing availability for mid afternoon. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out from here. Considering SDD usually “sells out” in minutes, at least for those wanting that ride it’s an improvement.

Im still seeing SDD but that could be a drop. I hope this fixes some issues and if it does they keep it past august 7. We go in November. I don’t think each park HAS to have 2 ILL. One is good until the new headliners start.

ETA: half hour later I’m still seeing SDD and MMRR.

Last edited:
Tons of availability today...even for the $ILL, which doesn't make sense other than a lower crowd day (which TP says it is)?

I'm still smelling drops...multiple drops, even for the $ILL. Available times were all over the place this morning. Maybe Disney wants to let people sleep in a few more minutes.

Tons of availability today...even for the $ILL, which doesn't make sense other than a lower crowd day (which TP says it is)?

I'm still smelling drops...multiple drops, even for the $ILL. Available times were all over the place this morning. Maybe Disney wants to let people sleep in a few more minutes.
Maybe Disney has been reading those Trip Advisor reviews.......

I'm still smelling drops...multiple drops, even for the $ILL. Available times were all over the place this morning.

I agree, and I think Disney is testing more for the system than just shifting $ILL to the G+ pool ... They may also be mucking around with the LL/standby ratio and how they release the LL drops

Well, there goes my HS plan! I am hopping to HS in the afternoon and was going to buy ILL for MMRR and try to snag later day SDD at 7:00 am and then stack at 11:00 and 1:00 for RnRC and ToT so that I had 4 LLs going into the evening. Now I can only pick either SDD OR MMRR at 7:00 am! Any suggestions for a new strategy?!
Snag one of them. Get in line for the other 3 minutes before park close.

What would be the strategy if you booked as you went.

Ride star tours and alien swirling? Those still have you running around the park and then the next pass or show available is at 10 am

Maybe book Alien SS for 9?, then at 9:10 am book TSMM and around 10:15 (earliest available) book the pass that’s latest (TOT) and after cool down, book something at 12:15 (so you don’t have to compete with the 1 pm crowds)

Last edited:
G+ is worthless anyways. We got next to no use out of it at HS.

I'd rather just wait in a long line honestly. I had to wait for 90minutes at guest services anyways, might as well just wait to ride a ride and be done with it.
At 8:20 am:

MMRR 12:10
RnRc 10:45
SDD7:50
MFSR 5:10
TSMm 11:30
TOT 5:30

Someone explain to me, how these two posts can reflect that different of an experience
  • Crowd level on the day experienced?
  • Onsite versus offsite?
  • Party size? Is this a party of 1 versus a party of 5 scenario?
  • Experience with the app? First time user vs someone that used it before?
  • What is the trick to getting 6 attractions stacked in advance? Isn't there a restriction to use what you have before getting another?

Someone explain to me, how these two posts can reflect that different of an experience
  • Crowd level on the day experienced?
  • Onsite versus offsite?
  • Party size? Is this a party of 1 versus a party of 5 scenario?
  • Experience with the app? First time user vs someone that used it before?
  • What is the trick to getting 6 attractions stacked in advance? Isn't there a restriction to use what you have before getting another?
MRR was just added to genie+ today where in the first quoted post it was an ILL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter