The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Y
Drifting slightly off-topic but do we know what capacity is likely to be like for Guardians? A high-demand high-capacity attraction would be hugely helpful.
You’re right- and I sure hope it is a people-eater with high capacity and fast loading.

I’m hoping they can still figure something out!

I don’t know if the attractions are running at full capacity… I know staffing has been an issue- but- more staff, potentially more ride capacity, more G+ capacity and shorter standbys. That would help.

This is a really great point. I remember back in January 2019 that Touring Plans simply counted the guests exiting Space Mountain, and it was only like a fourth of the expected hourly capacity. If they aren't able to run all the trains or theaters of attractions, that's going to lead to higher wait times and fewer Genie Plus reservations available.

Y

You’re right- and I sure hope it is a people-eater with high capacity and fast loading.

Typically, roller coasters don't have a huge capacity. It definitely won't be on par with something like Haunted Mansion or Spaceship Earth. TRON reportedly gets 1,680 riders per hour, which isn't bad for a coaster, and I suspect it can't be much higher than that for Guardians.

It seems the tope tier rides are gone by park open and the second tier rides are gone (on a 8-10 level day) by 11. It's probably pretty similar to how FP+ was (especially with the tier limits) but knowing in advance what you had and when was much better.

But after watching that FastPass video it seems there have always been complaints about change since the beginning. I wonder how this will evolve. They are already making adjustments. I wish those could be faster but ... here we are

If only there were a way to increase capacity immediately….

Like, say, increase park hours?

I agree with this soooo much. We noted this last summer. Last summer when everything was standby only, the park hours were also short, like 8pm for HS. All three of our days, when we were in HS about an hour before park closing, the crowds had GREATLY diminished, but by that time the park was close to closing so we weren't able to make use of those low crowds.

Families with little kiddos just can't make it that long, so they tend to visit the parks from morning until sometime around dinner or earlier. Our kids are now ages 14-20 and can easily go late into the evening.

Later hours would definitely help disperse crowds, and allow for some guests to make use of lower standby times later in the evening/night.

Dan

Tentative HS plan is to get SDD at 7, best available at 11, best available at 1. Arrive at park around 1 pm. Catch RotR at park close. That way, I’m getting three quick lines, some shows, and can enjoy my resort water park in the morning,
Sounds like a good plan!

Ok, so it’s 1:01 on 2/25/22 and everything in my OP including TsMM is gone.

so let’s talk strategy.

1. do you just get 2 rides on G+, then hope for drops or do standby?

2. do you try like crazy to get early return times to sneak in 3 rides?

now let’s talk about how wdw can make it better.

1. increase ride capacity!! Staff up. Increase hours. Would allow for more G+ capacity and also decrease the obnoxiously long stand by waits.

other ideas?

Both FP+ and G+ are affected by crowd load, but I think G+ is more sensitive to it. This is especially true for friends of the FP monster as booking FP+ at 60 days largely insulated one from the effect of large crowds, but the effect was undoubtedly there.

i know people long for the days of FP+, but given what I saw at rope drop, the ‘secret’ is out. I bet FP+ booking at 60 days would be just as much a mess as G+ is now.

bottom line is HS needs more things to do. That is the essential problem and neither FP or G+ can fix that when the crowds are this big. Disney should cut admission capacity, but they won’t. Or maybe they did and that’s why we’re seeing March book up. Here’s to hoping.
I think its park dependent, but now you have people who did not rope drop who are rope dropping because otherwise they miss out on at least one shortish line. In the past they would have had their three FP booked for later and came later happy with their plan. Now it’s all a crap shoot. People are desperate for a short line.

One of my favorite things about FP+ was the ability to midify and change things. I would get off of let's say Space Mountain at 9:45 and my next pass would be for Buzz Lightyear at 11:30 but I NEVER had any issue going in and modifying the pass to an earlier time to essentially get on Buzz within the next 10 minutes. Then I would get off Buzz and modify my next pass, say Jungle Cruise, to bring it from 2pm to almost immediately again...then I could start making my 4th selection and on. I would get SO MUCH done.

Genie+ has me hamstrung.

From reading different posts, I’m getting the impression that Disney is incrementally dropping availability. A mid-tier ride will be taken if nothing better available. That shuffles one user away and leaves more options for users that can’t get their next G+ later while still having a good pool to draw from at later times in the day.

While the high demand rides are always great to get, if you end up saving a couple hours in line on three rides, you are just going to feel better about the purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter