The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Someone explain to me, how these two posts can reflect that different of an experience
  • Crowd level on the day experienced?
  • Onsite versus offsite?
  • Party size? Is this a party of 1 versus a party of 5 scenario?
  • Experience with the app? First time user vs someone that used it before?
  • What is the trick to getting 6 attractions stacked in advance? Isn't there a restriction to use what you have before getting another?
I'll offer a bit more insight into my experience as mine was the first one quoted.

The crowds weren't that bad. it was busy, but not like Christmas Day busy or anything.

We were offsite.

We did have a large party. 15 total splint into a 10 party and a 6 as G+ can only managed 12 people max.

No experience with the App aside from the Associates degree I acquired reading here from day 1 of G+. Guess I should have gotten the bachelors. LOL

My experience was one of failed technology and lack of anything user friendly. My group was actually 4 groups, 3 of which I managed and 1 managed by my SIL. For some weird reason, 2 of the 4 groups were able to purchase G+ ahead of time, and the other 2 had to buy it every morning, which sort of killed the get up at 7 thing for us.

The day before our first park day, I went to guest services at Disney Springs to activate my Florida resident tickets as the website had some glitch that didn't allow me to validate online. At guest services I activated my tickets and magic bands.

At HS, half of my group scanned just fine at RD and the other half had to go to guest services again as they bands did not activate. Ok. So our RD idea kind of fizzled, but we went to runaway railway anyways. We waited 45 of the posted 60 minutes. While in line we found availability for the Alien saucers thing at like 11 for all 15 of us. Cool. At 11 we go to alien saucers which at the time had a posted wait time of 45 minutes, and once again we had issues scanning in. After an ordeal that I'm surprised didn't get us in trouble (and no we didn't abuse cast members or anything, we just walked by them and kept going. Not my finest moment....), we headed back to guests services and had to wait an hour to try and figure out what is going on. It was getting on 1PM at this point, and availability of everything was meh. we picked Rockin Roller coaster at 7pm and just waited in lines for the rest of the day. I wish we would have just done that in the first place and not spent $225 to be aggravated.

To me, until they can make the system more user friendly and do something about the awful IT issues they have, it's just not worth it. Maybe it is better with less of a party (ok, definitely) but I don't see us using it again. It's just too much thinking and headache to save a 45-60 wait in a line maybe twice all day. I dunno that's my take.

Our MK experience was a lot better.

I am going to ask a DHS question here, but please move it if it’s not okay. You all seem to be the best people to help me 😊

I am going to DHS on March 15 (sold out day) with 2 teenage girls who would much prefer to sleep in. But, one of them will be there for her first time so we want to show her as much as possible. My daughter would like to do the following:

RNRC
TOT
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ROTR

Can those be accomplished without morning magic hours and rope drop? I am willing to buy genie+ and also ILL for rotr. Thanks so much for any help!!

I‘m no expert, but I think it’s risky & you will be standing in a lot of line because genie+ LL is likely to sell out. Everyone has their own level of what is a successful day though. 🙂

I am going to ask a DHS question here, but please move it if it’s not okay. You all seem to be the best people to help me 😊

I am going to DHS on March 15 (sold out day) with 2 teenage girls who would much prefer to sleep in. But, one of them will be there for her first time so we want to show her as much as possible. My daughter would like to do the following:

RNRC
TOT
SDD
TSMM
MMRR
ROTR

Can those be accomplished without morning magic hours and rope drop? I am willing to buy genie+ and also ILL for rotr. Thanks so much for any help!!
You can buy ROTR say for 11-12 (it has a habit of breaking down so I wouldn’t risk it for a later pass). At 7 am book SDD (hopefully for 12-1 pm). one person books one of these right at the dot so delegate.

Enter the park at 10:30 am and standby one of the indoor queue or shaded rides (TSMM?) and then immediately head to ROTR (will take 40 mins). Grab a pass for TOT at 11 am (might be pushed to a time near close). Mobile order lunch (can have 40min-2 hr wait). Ride a ride with lowest wait+SDD genie+. Break for lunch.

Mid afternoon ride times drop for the younger kid attractions so you can ride those (MMRR?). Can take a break (book Oga’s?/Lightsaber etc); single rider MFSR

Keep RnRC for the evening or hope for a refresh success. Ride TOT with genie+. Dinner reservations at Topolinos.

RNRC (6-8 pm) - has single rider
TOT (8-9 pm)
SDD (11-12 pm)
TSMM (standby at entry)
MMRR (standby after lunch)
ROTR (10-11 am)

Last edited:

I wish we could just cancel genie+.

And reinstate a FP+ system for a fee slightly higher than genie + (had to edit to add this)
- all rides at all parks included
- preselect 3 at 60 days OR 7am day of (see below)
- 80% of passes released 30days out, 20% reserved for selection at 7am day of
- allow modify option
-allow only one FP+ selection per ride per day
- you are allowed 2 re-rides at a fee per day (ie you rode SDMT using FP+ and want to ride again so it’s 22$ p/p)

In my head this lessons the impact to standby lines that FP+ had (by online allowing 1 ride). It gives some flexibility for those who don’t like preplanning or who booked a trip within the 30
day window. And by allowing a modify option gives guests more flexibility.

Does Disney want to hire me :cutie:

I‘m no expert, but I think it’s risky & you will be standing in a lot of line because genie+ LL is likely to sell out. Everyone has their own level of what is a successful day though. 🙂

standing in lines is definitely not successful to me! I am a die hard rope dropper. Adding teens is a whole new game. 🤣 They might have to wake up early just on this day though.

standing in lines is definitely not successful to me! I am a die hard rope dropper. Adding teens is a whole new game. 🤣 They might have to wake up early just on this day though.
I stood in line with my teen for FOP for 60 mins at park close (posted 45) and she was so talkative and it flew by. It’s not as bad as standing with my 5 year old (mask went flying, tantrum, etc).

I don't think offsite guests would be happy to pay the same for FP+... I wouldn't have been.

I think G+ but with everyone booking 3 rides at 7 would be fine. I'd even keep the $ILL to give some advantage to onsite

I don't think offsite guests would be happy to pay the same for FP+... I wouldn't have been.

I think G+ but with everyone booking 3 rides at 7 would be fine. I'd even keep the $ILL to give some advantage to onsite

Getting up at 7, and not knowing your plans until day of us a huge gripe for many guests. Also, the system (MDE) can hardly handle everyone on at 7am day of booking 1-2 rides, never mine 3. I think this would be a technical nightmare.

FP+ or whatever should either cost less, or include more for onsite guests. There needs to be more perks for onsite guests since they’ve take away so much in the past couple years. I’d your an offsite guest and don’t like it, then stay onsite!

FP+ or whatever should either cost less, or include more for onsite guests. There needs to be more perks for onsite guests since they’ve take away so much in the past couple years. I’d your an offsite guest and don’t like it, then stay onsite!

More people stay on site the higher the prices go. Be careful what you wish for, they’ll price you out too. Imagine if instead they provided a great park experience for everyone and made their resorts attractive at their price point rather than making them attractive by screwing offsite customers.

I think G+ but with everyone booking 3 rides at 7 would be fine.
That's an intriguing idea, but I don't know if there is enough supply to meet the demand of 3 bookings at 7AM (specifically at DHS). Prior to MMRR moving to G+, Slinky was gone within a minute or two. Now with MMRR, it looks like Slinky lasts longer, but if you bumped up to 2 bookings at 7AM, Slinky would be gone in a blink of the eye again, along with the next most popular attraction. Go up to 3 bookings at 7AM and that's at least a third attraction if not two gone within minutes. I like the idea, but it seems like 7AM DHS would be even more stressful and fraught. Woe to those who have a tech problem and get shut out at 7AM (or over sleep, ha!). At least with one booking at a time there will be things still available at 7:15AM or 8:45AM.

Getting up at 7, and not knowing your plans until day of us a huge gripe for many guests. Also, the system (MDE) can hardly handle everyone on at 7am day of booking 1-2 rides, never mine 3. I think this would be a technical nightmare.

It's not really that simple. The cost of staying onsite is expensive and it was something I couldn't afford in the past. Even though I can now, I still remember the days of getting leftovers and don't wish that upon others.

I agree, the onsite perks have dropped dramatically in the past but I am in favor of having the in park experience be slightly more of an even playing field. Offsite guests still can't Rope Drop and have limited or no access to the newest rides without standby so the perks are still there.

That's an intriguing idea, but I don't know if there is enough supply to meet the demand of 3 bookings at 7AM (specifically at DHS). Prior to MMRR moving to G+, Slinky was gone within a minute or two. Now with MMRR, it looks like Slinky lasts longer, but if you bumped up to 2 bookings at 7AM, Slinky would be gone in a blink of the eye again, along with the next most popular attraction. Go up to 3 bookings at 7AM and that's at least a third attraction if not two gone within minutes. I like the idea, but it seems like 7AM DHS would be even more stressful and fraught. Woe to those who have a tech problem and get shut out at 7AM (or over sleep, ha!). At least with one booking at a time there will be things still available at 7:15AM or 8:45AM.
It's pretty similar to how it was before just now it's happening day of instead of 60 days in advance. More time to deal with disappointment lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter