The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Maybe that’s what their end goal is. Now we all will be happy to pay for FP+
I think it’s obvious that they didn’t just charge for the old system because they can charge more for the new one. Selling off access in pieces (ILL vs G+) gets more revenue. Selling the “day of” taps into FOMO. Lightning lanes spread throughout the day keeps people in the park longer resulting in more merchandise and food sales.

fastpasses were designed for satisfaction. The new system is not.

I don't think offsite guests would be happy to pay the same for FP+... I wouldn't have been.

I think G+ but with everyone booking 3 rides at 7 would be fine. I'd even keep the $ILL to give some advantage to onsite

One of the biggest complaints about Genie is having to get up at 7 o'clock. They had a system that worked very well (FP+) for their onsite guests. Since the resorts were regularly at or near capacity pre-pandemic, I think they thought they could shift a bit towards the offsite guest.

They went too far.

One of the biggest complaints about Genie is having to get up at 7 o'clock. They had a system that worked very well (FP+) for their onsite guests. Since the resorts were regularly at or near capacity pre-pandemic, I think they thought they could shift a bit towards the offsite guest.

They went too far.
I think if it was allowed for 30 days out for all guests that would be a decent product. Everyone has a level playing field.

The problem with just going back to how it was is you can't charge the same cost for FP+ onsite and offsite because with the 60+ advantage for onsite you're not getting the same product. And charging less for offsite obviously isn't an option because then you're making it an advantage to stay offsite in that way.

The 7 am doesn't bother me because I'm always up that early on park days but I can see how people wouldn't like that if they want to sleep in.

I think if it was allowed for 30 days out for all guests that would be a decent product. Everyone has a level playing field.

The problem with just going back to how it was is you can't charge the same cost for FP+ onsite and offsite because with the 60+ advantage for onsite you're not getting the same product. And charging less for offsite obviously isn't an option because then you're making it an advantage to stay offsite in that way.

The 7 am doesn't bother me because I'm always up that early on park days but I can see how people wouldn't like that if they want to sleep in.
For many folks, including myself, it’s not just the “getting up” part. It’s the literally not knowing what your day looks like until the day of. This is incredibly stressful if you have any ADRs or have anyone in your party whether it’s a child or elder or whatever that needs a break somewhere in the day it adds a layer of added stress that is unwelcome.

I don't think offsite guests would be happy to pay the same for FP+... I wouldn't have been.

I think G+ but with everyone booking 3 rides at 7 would be fine. I'd even keep the $ILL to give some advantage to onsite

If they allowed us to pre-book rides like they did with FP+, I don’t care if they made the system available to both on-site and offsite guests at the same time, say two weeks before your first Park day.

Just the thought of pre-booking rides again, that would be soooooooo nice.

Dan

For many folks, including myself, it’s not just the “getting up” part. It’s the literally not knowing what your day looks like until the day of. This is incredibly stressful if you have any ADRs or have anyone in your party whether it’s a child or elder or whatever that needs a break somewhere in the day it adds a layer of added stress that is unwelcome.
Yeah, I don't love that either. And Disney really did this to themselves because they created this unique experience to pre-book rides and then when they didn't bring that back and now they're just like the competition it's dissatisfying to their customers. As I said earlier, even though my offsite plans were mediocre there was a joy in being able to plan my day better!

I agree with you here. The unpredictability of return times is one of the biggest complaints. There was one report earlier that it automatically scheduled a ROTR $ILL around a booked experience of some type but I feel like it should go further. Allow users to set a preference where all G+/$ILL return times would automatically be delayed til after booked ADR's and experiences, and allow users to block off time for breaks. Something similar to how return times are automatically delayed til after 2PM when park hopping. Currently people have to delay and keep refreshing til the return window passes their schedule conflict which doesn't add value for anyone.

Folks

1. if you’re unhappy with Genie +, please let them know. They’re refunding my Genie + purchase from last Thursday

2. I fully expect a Genie + price hike soon.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see so many times opening up around the mid-afternoon for the headliners. I know that for our upcoming trip we won't be rope dropping at DHS because we're doing the extended hours at the MK the night before, so I'm starting to wonder if after I secure ROTR and SDD (hopefully) at 7 a.m. for whenever they're available, we get another one at 11 a.m. and then just chill for the most part and hope a lot opens up later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter