The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Just heard that Kelsey Grammer has joined the cast of Finding Neverland musical. I can't wait to see it! Even though I love Matthew Morrison, I wish they would have kept Jeremy Jordan.

Just heard that Kelsey Grammer has joined the cast of Finding Neverland musical. I can't wait to see it! Even though I love Matthew Morrison, I wish they would have kept Jeremy Jordan.

100% seconded. Jeremy Jordan is my idol and he belongs to be in this show forever. I even like him more than Aaron Tveit.

I don't think it was the production that chose to not keep him. Pretty sure it was him.

I think almost definitely it was. He's getting ready to do a lot of "Last 5 Years" stuff. It's understandable that he chose not to go. I just would have loved to see him in it... sigh.

GASP! Just kidding, lmao. As you can tell I'm a pretty big fan, but I've heard a lot of people who thought it was just so-so. I think you have to be a big "dance break" fan to really appreciate Newsies. Or just someone who really, really loves cute boys tap dancing. I saw it 8 times before it closed and got to know the cast on a personal level. They were all really sweet guys. I wish I could see the tour.

I also LOVE Matilda. It's my favorite show currently running. The effects especially are fantastic and I love the music. The acts are kind of long though.

I'm with you in the "Mad for Newsies" camp! Love it! Have only seen it twice (only been to NYC twice sadly) but my daughter and I are hooked. And, yes, she's a dancer so those big dance breaks blew our minds! Crazy talented testosterone overload! :)
We also LOVED Matilda. What a phenomenal show! Hope I get to see that again someday!!! :cool1:

I'm with you in the "Mad for Newsies" camp! Love it! Have only seen it twice (only been to NYC twice sadly) but my daughter and I are hooked. And, yes, she's a dancer so those big dance breaks blew our minds! Crazy talented testosterone overload! :)
We also LOVED Matilda. What a phenomenal show! Hope I get to see that again someday!!! :cool1:

YAY!!! It's so good. Are you going to be able to see it on tour? Tickets are cheap and they might be coming to your area, depending on where you're located :)

What was your favorite dance number in the show? Mine is King of New York, followed by Seize the Day, then Carrying the Banner.

Matilda is so fantastic. I heard they're casting for the tour soon and a musical movie is in the works.

Matilda is so fantastic. I heard they're casting for the tour soon and a musical movie is in the works.

At the studio in NY my daughter goes to acting classes for 3 weekends in a row last month they had Matilda casting going on there on a different floor- it was pretty crowded!

At the studio in NY my daughter goes to acting classes for 3 weekends in a row last month they had Matilda casting going on there on a different floor- it was pretty crowded!

Wait a minute... would your daughter happen to go to Pearl Studios? I take classes at Pearl! I have a master class this February coming up with the cast of Aladdin.

Wait a minute... would your daughter happen to go to Pearl Studios? I take classes at Pearl! I have a master class this February coming up with the cast of Aladdin.

Yes! She is there on Sundays right now!

Yes! She is there on Sundays right now!

Ahh! I highly recommend the Broadway Student Summit program :) I believe it's $300? It's 3 days at Pearl Studios, all with classes taught by professionals, then you get a Q&A with a Broadway cast and the price includes a ticket for a Broadway show :)

Ahh! I highly recommend the Broadway Student Summit program :) I believe it's $300? It's 3 days at Pearl Studios, all with classes taught by professionals, then you get a Q&A with a Broadway cast and the price includes a ticket for a Broadway show :)

She is there more for acting like tv/movie/commercial not really broadway. She doesn't dance, she sings but no where up to broadway type singing! She booked two google commercials this year, the google graduation one has been her biggest paying job so far-it was crazy the amount of money she made for less than 4 hours on set for that one.

My DD has been asking me about Broadway Student Summit - is it worth it?

She's not looking to get into anything just to have some fun! She's a dancer, good actress just her vocals are not that great:lmao:

My DD has been asking me about Broadway Student Summit - is it worth it? She's not looking to get into anything just to have some fun! She's a dancer, good actress just her vocals are not that great:lmao:

YES! It's SO much fun! She's going to have fun learning in classes with professionals. THEN, she gets to talk to/meet some members of the "sponsoring" cast in a Q&A where she'll have an opportunity to meet them afterwards. Then she sees a matinee/evening performance of the "sponsoring show". Then the next day, she gets to learn some choreography from the show. This year, the shows sponsoring are Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder, Aladdin, and Les Mis. I'm going to the Aladdin one. I went to the Matilda one last year and it was honestly the most fun experience of my life.

She is there more for acting like tv/movie/commercial not really broadway. She doesn't dance, she sings but no where up to broadway type singing! She booked two google commercials this year, the google graduation one has been her biggest paying job so far-it was crazy the amount of money she made for less than 4 hours on set for that one.

Totally got you. That's awesome! I'm not an acting on camera type of person myself but there's a lot of money in that industry nowadays. She sounds like she's having a good time and making some money- maybe there's a trip to Disney in the works for her? ;)

Totally got you. That's awesome! I'm not an acting on camera type of person myself but there's a lot of money in that industry nowadays. She sounds like she's having a good time and making some money- maybe there's a trip to Disney in the works for her? ;)

She has done local theater- she just did back to back versions of Les Mis but I think she burnt out on theater, she did 23 productions in 4 years. She loves doing TV/Movies, eve if she just is an extra. She just did a scene in a movie called Geezer with Billie Joe Armstrong. She also did Royal Pains, Person of Interest, Gotham, Girls, Louie, and a few other TV shows, a couple web shows, and a student film. No Disney any time soon, in July we are leaving for a 7 week road trip around the US, but not going to Florida....thats an idea though.....maybe Disneyland in California!

She has done local theater- she just did back to back versions of Les Mis but I think she burnt out on theater, she did 23 productions in 4 years. She loves doing TV/Movies, eve if she just is an extra. She just did a scene in a movie called Geezer with Billie Joe Armstrong. She also did Royal Pains, Person of Interest, Gotham, Girls, Louie, and a few other TV shows, a couple web shows, and a student film. No Disney any time soon, in July we are leaving for a 7 week road trip around the US, but not going to Florida....thats an idea though.....maybe Disneyland in California!

Wow! That's an impressive resume. Can you recommend a manager? LOL!

YAY!!! It's so good. Are you going to be able to see it on tour? Tickets are cheap and they might be coming to your area, depending on where you're located :)

What was your favorite dance number in the show? Mine is King of New York, followed by Seize the Day, then Carrying the Banner.

Well that is a tough question! I guess King of New York wins for first place. Seize the day was wonderful and very special for my daughter's dance group as they did the Seize the Day workshop at Pearl earlier that same day! Learned a scaled down version of the newspaper dance. So, as soon as the opening strains of the song started you could just feel the excitement and energy from our group! :cool1:Carrying the Banner was great too. My daughter was soooo in love with Specs (Ryan Steele) that she could hardly contain herself. :rotfl2: Such great memories!!!!
As far as the tour goes... if it comes anywhere near us we will go. Unfortunately we are in British Columbia so our only real choices are Vancouver (which seems to get shut out of a lot of the great shows on tour... although seems to be improving over the last couple of years) or Seattle. Last I checked it was not scheduled to hit Seattle which is very sad. I am hopeful that it will tour for awhile and make it to the Pacific Northwest sooner or later. We head down the Seattle when there is a show not to be missed and our schedule allows for it!
I really hope we get to see Matilada once more. Those kids blew my mind!

Well that is a tough question! I guess King of New York wins for first place. Seize the day was wonderful and very special for my daughter's dance group as they did the Seize the Day workshop at Pearl earlier that same day! Learned a scaled down version of the newspaper dance. So, as soon as the opening strains of the song started you could just feel the excitement and energy from our group! :cool1:Carrying the Banner was great too. My daughter was soooo in love with Specs (Ryan Steele) that she could hardly contain herself. :rotfl2: Such great memories!!!!
As far as the tour goes... if it comes anywhere near us we will go. Unfortunately we are in British Columbia so our only real choices are Vancouver (which seems to get shut out of a lot of the great shows on tour... although seems to be improving over the last couple of years) or Seattle. Last I checked it was not scheduled to hit Seattle which is very sad. I am hopeful that it will tour for awhile and make it to the Pacific Northwest sooner or later. We head down the Seattle when there is a show not to be missed and our schedule allows for it!
I really hope we get to see Matilada once more. Those kids blew my mind!

Ryan Steele was lovely. Never saw him- my Specs has almost always been John Michael Fiumara, who is an uber-sweetheart.

Sending musical tour vibes your way!!!! Hahaha!!! And I think they're going to announce more dates soon- keep checking the website. They gotta hit Seattle sooner or later ;)

I can recommend one NOT to get !

My daughter is seeing Once right now!

Oof, sounds rough. I've heard some horror stories about managers. Sending pixie dust, happy thoughts, and tons of job opportunities your way :goodvibes

I need to see Once before it closes!!! I've literally only seen Newsies and Matilda in the past 2 years of my life... #awk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter