The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

And as much as I love the show, I wouldn't pay $849 for a ticket even if they promised I could play carpool karaoke with the cast on the way home.

Do I get to fill the car with 4 cast members of my choosing? If so I'll pay $849.

I would take Daveed Diggs, CJack, Oak, and Lin. Wow I feel bad a woman isn't even in my top 4, but Renne is 5. She would probably take Oak's place but we are from the same town so he is high on the list...

I put way to much thought into the imaginary game I just made up... Anyone else want to play?

ETA: Ahhhhh. What about Leslie! Oh no! This is serious

Last edited:
And it looks like Bright Star is the first to go after not getting any love on sunday. I'm glad I got to see it!

Is anyone near Chicago planning to get Hamilton tickets when they go on sale June 21st? I was lucky enough to already see the show in New York, but I paid over $200 to sit in the balcony, lol! I am hoping I'll be able to get orchestra seats in Chicago but I'm afraid it's gonna be tough!

And I agree the Tonys performance was a bit off. I've rewatched it several times and there were definite sound issues. I'm sure this link is somewhere in the thread already, but there is a better version of the Yorktown performance here:

Is anyone near Chicago planning to get Hamilton tickets when they go on sale June 21st? I was lucky enough to already see the show in New York, but I paid over $200 to sit in the balcony, lol! I am hoping I'll be able to get orchestra seats in Chicago but I'm afraid it's gonna be tough!

And I agree the Tonys performance was a bit off. I've rewatched it several times and there were definite sound issues. I'm sure this link is somewhere in the thread already, but there is a better version of the Yorktown performance here:

I'm going to try for Chicago. Not sure if I'll succeed, as the hype is just insane.

And it looks like Bright Star is the first to go after not getting any love on sunday. I'm glad I got to see it!

Oh, that's too bad. I watched Sunday trying to decide which 2nd show I want to see when I go to NY in September and Bright Star was on the top of my list after their performance. Oh well. LOL

Tried to get Hamilton tickets for May, but couldn't. We saw it in November, and bought tickets last year for this September--much easier when the hype was less. It's my favorite show I've ever seen, but I'm scalping my September tickets unless the hype goes down (my kids, who apparently don't know the value of a dollar, are keeping theirs. My friend and I are probaby selling ours and going out to a nice Jewish deli or something. We can still have a good time and see it in a few years together . . .

Sound issues are common in these Tony productions. I remember the performance the Newsies Cast did was subpar to each time we saw the show (and it was many times... LOL)

I heard the Broadway stars tribute to the tragedy in Orlando today on Sirius XM radio's Broadway channel. They recorded Burt Bacharach's "What the World Needs Now..." It was so touching! I was a weepy mess all the way through the song! I am going to have to download it from I-Tunes I think!

Too bad that won't mean a thing to the Muslim extremists. To them it'll be another sign of the infidels' weakness. I love the song but has it really done anything to change things in the 50 odd years since it was written? But if it makes people feel better...

Saw "On Your Feet" last night (Gloria Estefan story). Even if you're not a fan of her music, it was enjoyable and worth seeing. Very energetic and her story is interesting.

Maybe we'll see a matinee this afternoon before going home. Leaning toward Cirque du Soleil Paramour, if it's available at TKTS. (It was yesterday).

Oh, so I did not get cast in that production of Hairspray. I got two very impersonal emails from the stage manager (who I have been friends with since we were kids... And I just worked on tech crew for her last month). Oh well, I'm starting a graduate program in the fall (a pre-master's teaching program) to become a licensed English teacher, so it's for the best. I'll be busy! But I'm auditioning for Love, Loss and What I Wore with the same group this fall. The show goes up in January between my semesters, so that would work out nicely.

And I'm seeing Matilda tonight in Boston! A friend of mine won the online lottery and didn't need the tickets as she and her husband had gone to the show earlier in the week, so she offered my family the tickets. I leave Tuesday for six weeks outside of Boston for a summer job, so hopefully I'll also get to see If/Then next month.
Another friend of mine saw it this past week in Providence and said it was great, so fingers crossed I can either win the digital lottery or grab a cheap ticket from the box office!

Too bad that won't mean a thing to the Muslim extremists. To them it'll be another sign of the infidels' weakness. I love the song but has it really done anything to change things in the 50 odd years since it was written? But if it makes people feel better...

The proceeds from Itunes downloads will be donated to the LGBT Community Center in Orlando.

Anybody get tickets for Hamilton in Chicago??
I wasn't seriously trying, because I didn't think there would even be any available when they went on sale. But twice I had great seats in my cart, and both times Ticketmaster glitched and made me start over. Then it was no go after that. I was glad I didn't actually have my heart set on it (I had figured long ago we wouldn't be able to go) because I would have been furious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter