The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Saw Shucked the other night! This was extremely funny! I enjoyed it but to be honest I would have enjoyed it a bit more if I didn’t have my 8 year old with me, she enjoyed it but most of the jokes went over her head! I spent half the time wondering if I needed to explain it.

She would have missed a lot more but often they would stop for a few moments after a joke so people could process/laugh and then she would lean over and ask me to explain.

The story is a bit lacking but the acting was good and I liked the songs.

My daughter asked to stage door after and even though only 3 people stopped she loved that!!

BDF1116D-4CF4-4F99-ABDB-5087C6FF89E7.jpeg

Last edited:
See Shucked the other night! This was extremely funny! I enjoyed it but to be honest I would have enjoyed it a bit more if I didn’t have my 8 year old with me, she enjoyed it but most of the jokes went over her head! I spent half the time wondering if I needed to explain it.

She would have missed a lot more but often they would stop for a few moments after a joke so people could process/laugh and then she would lean over and ask me to explain.

The story is a bit lacking but the acting was good and I liked the songs.

My daughter asked to stage door after and even though only 3 people stopped she loved that!!

View attachment 751696
How was Carolyn Innerbichler (the redhead)? She is a local girl, and we LOVE her!

Not going to lie but this makes me feel better about skipping this one!

I hesitated about posting my review as I didn't want to be a downer on this thread. Yet, at the same time, I thought people may want to know so they can weigh that into whether they might want to go.

I hesitated about posting my review as I didn't want to be a downer on this thread. Yet, at the same time, I thought people may want to know so they can weigh that into whether they might want to go.
I think it’s good to post, I’m such a bad reviewer I always look for the positive, but really appreciate honest reviews!

Saw Parade yesterday afternoon (alongside half the cast of Little Shop, most of the cast of Kimberly Akimbo and a bunch of other broadway and theatre humans given it was a Friday matinee but it’s fun to semi brag especially given I was on line behind Drew Gehling to get in-lovely human btw).

This is the BEST thing I’ve seen on Broadway in maybe 5 years. Now I’ve seen a lot of theatre I’ve adored in that time, but between this being JRB’s best score imho (and I’m a dogs for a new world purist) and Michael Arden’s impeccable direction (that man better win a Tony) of an unbelievably talented cast, it made for a stunning afternoon that made me sob the last 20 minutes. I knew what was coming-I’ve seen the show before plus Arden’s direction was full of foreshadowing-and I still just….lost it. Absolutely gorgeous production and highly recommend.

Just got back from our whirlwind trip to NYC - saw Shucked on Thursday, Parade on Friday, Bad Cinderella on Saturday matinee and then Camelot Saturday night.

It was great! I know Camelot got a lot of flack but I really liked all the changes - it worked for me 100%. Parade was fantastic and Shucked was hilarious. Bad Cinderella was...fine. Mostly went to see that one for Carolee Carmello, and she was fantastic. :)

Still getting settled after coming back home, but if anyone wants a more detailed review of any show, happy to post my thoughts.

Saw Lea in Funny Girl. Her voice is a FORCE! She may be a diva, but she sure can sing the house down!

Can’t say that I was actually thrilled with the rest of the principal cast though 😔

As promised, the Instagram link to Laird Mackintosh’s final line on the final ever phantom performance (SPOILER the extra look was added in for the last few performances END OF SPOILER)

I saw the original cast a few months after it first opened with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. I never thought the show would last this long. Yet it is so sad to see it finally is over. The end of an era.

I saw the original cast a few months after it first opened with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. I never thought the show would last this long. Yet it is so sad to see it finally is over. The end of an era.
Agreed.

I’m happy we will make way for new art and it will definitely be revived but it’s still sad-especially when other long running shows have just kind of….not been good or as good lately.
It’s weird…the queen passed away around the same time Phantom announced closing. I often questioned is it right to feel weird about all this. 2 things that were in my life from day one just gone.

It’s a weird feeling

Looking for some thoughts. I need to drop one of the following in order to pick up another show. What would you drop? what would you absolutely keep?

Funny Girl
Company
Moulin Rouge
Mrs Doubtfire
Back to the Future
& Juliet

Looking for some thoughts. I need to drop one of the following in order to pick up another show. What would you drop? what would you absolutely keep?

Funny Girl
Company
Moulin Rouge
Mrs Doubtfire
Back to the Future
& Juliet
To see on Broadway? Or to produce at a local theater? Or to see touring?

If to see on Broadway, easy since Company and Mrs doubtfire aren’t currently open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter