"The Burning Question"

bcvdreamer

DIS Veteran
Can anyone answer the "The Burning Question" on the Podcast show notes page?

"Citigroup recently downgraded Disney's stock on the basis that a worsening economy will impact Disney's theme park business.

Will fears (or the reality) of a worsening economy cause you to change your travel plans this year?

* Yes - I've decided not to travel this year
* Maybe - It depends on if the right deal comes along
* No - I'm going on vacation!!"

It get an error message.

I'd answer, No, I'm going on vacation (Still working on DH for the podcast cruise.)

Nope. No podcast, no question...no nothin'.

Powers-that-be have been notified, and are working on it.

I can't answer the question there, but I can answer it here! I am scaling back a bit, but it has more to do with the airlines than Disney. Air fares are just way out of my budget range.

So, instead of my normal two trips per year, I have just extended my one trip in early June. I was going to come down for Halloween and MNSSHP, but I will just do one trip this year.

Nope, its making us go!
The exchange rate for Dollars to pounds is flipping amazing! Its like a big half price sale! So i am planning our 2009 trip (just me and my mom, one week with DVC, SS), and also my 2010 trip (when i graduate university) for just me and my boyfriend (and his FIRST :scared1: trip to WDW).

So it encouraging some English tourists (even though our economy is on the rocks a bit too!)

We are GOING and have almost got our cruise paid for in full. We leave for land/sea on June 5th!

Not us! We are going twice. May and August. In May, it's just my wife and I (my 50th B-Day) and then in August, my wife and I and our 4 children for 12 days. Doing WDW, Universal, Aquatica, Sea World and Kennedy Space Center.

MDM

We're still going but we're paying differently than in the past. I usually throw everything on a credit card when we get there. This time I booked a package and am paying a little every month so that the cost is more spread out and we don't come home to huge bills.

No, I don't think the economy will affect our vacation plans this year. We are both fairly secure in our jobs, so our income remains fine. Our gas prices and food prices are what has gone up substantially, but not enough so that we would cancel a vacation.

It's not effecting my vacation plans that much either - I am going to WDW in July 08 to celebrate my b-day and also going in Dec. Have 2 trips planned next year - Podcast cruise and 4 day land/3 day sea in Julu 09

The economy is not effecting my vacation plans. I just booked three trips yesterday for 2008. Between DVC, FF miles, an AP and DDE card my overall costs are low. My biggest issue is taking the time off. Work sometimes gets in the way.

No change in plans for this year for us. Were going to WDW in April, and maybe again in August. What it HAS done is put a serious hold on our thoughts regarding DVC however. Not due to the cost of the vacations themselves, but the airlines. I just can't help but be a little nervous about the economy, gas prices etc. While I can justify flying from PA to Florida now, I have this nervous feeling that travel expenses are going to go through the roof if things don't change on that end!

I'm the lone voice in the wilderness, I guess. The economy is most certainly affecting my vacation plans this year. With the downturn in business in both DH and my jobs, added to the increase in Disney's pricing and cost of travel, I have to take a year off. I obviously will still be going on a cruise (yay!) in 2009, but even that I have to budget very carefully to make sure I can afford the airfare and transfers, as well as incidentals. If there's no change for the better soon, both in Disney's pricing practice and the general economy, I don't see a WDW vacation for my family in the future. Unless I move to Florida....Hmmmmm.....

http://www.thestreet.com/s/disney-p.../newsanalysis/media/10402177.html?puc=_tscrss

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/06/business/media/06disney.html?ref=business

Someone at Citigroup might have been trying to short Disney stock? Some are trying to draw similarities to what is happening in the economy now and the economy post 9/11... the situations are not similar at all.

for the foreseeable future, those with reservations and vacation plans are still moving forward with those plans (they already have budget allocated)... at the soonest it would be 2009 that a current downturn would start to change vacation plans.

no this is not going to impact my vacation plans at all, I am still heading down in a few days, I am still planning to head down in sept. and I am still going on a podcast cruise in 16 months. These events are allready planned and budgeted. My vacation plans after the cruise? dunno, will have to see how this year turns out.

We're still going. We're hoping that we'll be able to capitalize on the slow economy and get some sort of deal. If not, our vacation is paid for so we'll just try and enjoy ourselves in case we can't go anywhere next year.

Def. still going! In fact we might go MORE if Disney has more special offers. DH and I had THE BEST time during our adults-only F&W trip last year that we're going back this year. And to placate the young'uns, we're taking them back to Disneyland for their bday in Nov.

No way are we staying home. We are going, and plan on going again next year.

We're going in August and December. We're fortunate to have jobs that are fairly secure and I need a vacation! Grad school is sucking the life out of me! :eek:

Heck no, the economy does not change my vacation plans...even though my family is hurting a bit.

In fact we aren't using ANY credit cards any more...so not only are we sill going, we are paying cash for once. We usually use our income tax return to finance our vacations and this year is no different.

Maybe I shouldn't even mention it, but if Bush's tax relief plan where they send us all that money this spring passes......we're turning right around and sending it to DCL for next year!!

See, I'm doing *my* part to stimulate the economy!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter