The business trip that wasn't... and then was.

revdon64

DIS Veteran
Solo trip down to the world from Monday through Thursday 1/19 to 1/23. Was originally coming down for a creativity conference but the conference was cancelled due to lack of registrations. Non-refundable tickets meant going anyway (ohwell!).
Monday - flew into MCO and went straight to Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Dependably good. Did a little browsing and then headed to EPCOT for FPs. Spaceship Earth on arrival then Soarin' on FP then wandered WS for a while until dinner at Tutto Italia. Polenta with short rib, meatball and sausage - delicious! Skipped my last two FPs and just hung around WS until Illuminations. Off to ASMo to check in and get some Z's.

Tuesday - Should have been a conference day but added as a park day at concierge desk the night before. Made it to the front gat by 810. Straight to Toy Story and then right back on for my FP. Muppets on FP then over to the animation courtyard to check out Baymax. Long line and creep factor of 50y/o man travelling alone kept me from waiting in line for the M&G but did take a couple of pics for my son. Over to Tower of Terror for my last FP and then caught the Movie Ride before heading back to the resort for a nap. Met friends at Pioneer Hall for Hoop De Doo in the evening.

Wednesday - Rope drop at MK to meet with one of the presenters from the conference and get some great info and ideas for my job. Big Thunder FP, Haunted Mansion and then to Plaza for lunch. Food was decent but they got my order wrong and held the dressing on my sandwich when I never said to do so. FP for Space Mountain and then People Mover before heading to Fantasyland for last FP. 7DMT - GREAT! Can't wait to bring the family down for that in December. Little Mermaid on SB then hit a kiosk to get FP for Buzz. Did Laugh Floor - got chosen to be Sully - then last FP for Buzz. Met with another person from the conference before heading to BLT with friends. Watched Wishes from Top of the World Lounge, great! then over to California Grill for a late dinner. Not much to say about CG except that it might be the best meal I've ever eaten.

Thursday - Completely solo day at AK. Slept in and headed to the park around 10, not the best plan ever. Rode the train over to Rafiki's Planet Watch - that was cute. FP Safari - we got stalled in line when an animal decided to stop the attraction by laying down in the road. Lunched at Yak&Yeti counter service - completely forgettable. Walked through Maharajah Jungle Trek and took some pics. Best part was the Komodo Dragon right out front. EE via FP, Finding Nemo and then my last FP for Dinosaur before heading back to the hotel. Flew home Friday morning.

Limited experience with FP but I'd say it was mostly successful. The bed in ASMo was actually more comfortable than the one I slept in at POFQ on my last trip. I had great experiences with Cast Members, as I expected, with only one or two exceptions. Transportation via bus was good, even had a couple of bus rides where I was the only one beside the driver. Saw a number of "tour groups" in each park each day, not usually the same ones and heard many languages other than my own, but that's the nature of the parks as I see it. Although, it would be nice to spread a little pixie dust with folks now and then but that's tough when you don't know what people are saying or if they'll understand what you're offering. Anyway, it was a good trip and can't wait for December for the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter