• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Call Me Crazy But I Will Miss TTA More Than Space Mountain Club

autumnpalm

DIS Veteran
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My family is laughing at me, but I will honestly miss the TTA more than Space Mountain on our May trip. Yes, I love Space Mountain but the TTA is such a tradition for us. Every time we need a break or a cool down, we can just hop right on. Even in the middle of July we've been able to ride it a few times in a row without even having to get off!!

It's such a relaxing ride and it IS "Disney" to us.

I love thrill rides, but there's nothing like zooming around on the TTA during a quick thunderstorm or at night, looking at the castle lights. TTA, you will be missed on our 2009 WDW vacation. :sad2: :lmao:

On our first trip my son was upset from all the rain we had on our first day in the park. He wanted to go back to the hotel and just do nothing. I took him on the TTA and he sat there and began to smile again. He loved that ride so much we just rode it nonstop for an hr. After that he was ready to hit the rides again and there was no mention of going back to the hotel. When we went the next two yrs he always wants to go on the TTA first thing and last thing every time we go to the park. We are going to Disneyland this yr so hopefully by the time we go to the world again it will be up and running.

I love TTA:lovestruc -us chicken needs us some fun too!

The Peoplemover is one of my favorite rides at WDW! I was so sad to hear it would be closed during our visit :sad1:

Glad to hear there are others who :love: the TTA.

SM is my favorite ride, but my entire family LOVES TTA. When I told them about the SM closure they were okay with it. Then I added that they were closing TTA also. Everyone was disappointed.

Do you think they will open it before SM?

A girl can hope, right?

I can join that club too. It is a family favorite of ours and a must do several times during our trips.
For us, this IS Disney too.
The refurb schedule shows it lasting till August 19. I hope they are right on schedule because we will be there the following week and would be devestated to miss it.

I actually did a video of it when I was there in December, so I can watch the ride if I get too homesick for it. I hear that the TTA may not be down the entire time that SM is down, but down on a more intermittent schedule. It probably depends on how well they can screen off what is happening inside SM and whether any of the construction would be right over the TTA track.

TTA is my number one must do ride in MK.

I too love The Wedway People Mover. There is never a queue and it's so nice to ride over Tomorrowland and look down at people.

It also gives you 5 minutes to catch your breath on a busy MK day.

I agree. I rode Space Mountain for the first time last January, and once was enough. TTA I can ride multiple times in a trip. It will definitely be missed in May, especially when this New Englander needs to get out of the sun

When I heard about Space Mountain rehad, I was like, "Oh well," but when I heard about TTA a little while later, I got so upset! I think there are a lot of people that probably feel the same way as us. It's one of our favs!

Yes, partially because I love the PeopleMover, no matter what name they give it, and also because SM just has been more painful than fun lately (especially near the back), so I'm very happy to see it's finally getting the help it needs.

The Peoplemover, besides having some reliability issues doesn't really need anything, but if they take the time to upgrade some of the show scenes inside, that would be nice also.

You are not alone! I'd rather ride the TTA than SM actually. I'm pretty bummed it's going to be closed during our trip.

I think I am one of the few out there that have ridden Space Mt once and never again:rotfl: ! If I were going to be there and TTA or the Blue Line, as my family and I affectionally call it, were closed, I would be disappointed. I really enjoy that ride. :goodvibes

I absolutely love the TTA :]
It's a great way to relax :]

We are very lucky:goodvibes tta willbe open when we are there. Even my 13yr and 7yr love TTA. It is always the last ride we do before we leave Disney every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter