The Carving Station?

Amyrlin

DIS Veteran
This is a new restruant opened, it was aobut to open when we left and it looked intresting, has anyone eaten there, if so, what was the menu, food and service like?

I was there a week ago yesterday. Reasonable price, very good food. Not well known yet but they deserve a loyal following. Cost was $22 for adults - $12 for kids. REAL turkey, seaford, excellent beef. Great deal.

What type of seafood did that have, I did not expect that, was the rest of it what you would expect of a carvery?

Can you tell me where this restaurant is. We are heading down in December and this looks very interesting.

I too was wondering about this restaurant. While perusing the Orlando discount books I came upon a 10% off coupon for The Carving Station. The advertisement says:

All U Can Eat Style Restaurant carved to your order, prime rib, new york strip steaks, smoked turkey, ham, pork shoulder, lamb, along with fresh seafood, shrimp cocktail, crab legs and mussels. Many flavorful hot items on buffet, homemade soup, fresh salads, baked breads, desserts and more.

8594 Palm Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL

Open 7 days a week 4PM - 11PM
Featuring Live Entertainment

Just wondering how the quality compares to other buffets?

Pooh1215 said:
I too was wondering about this restaurant. While perusing the Orlando discount books I came upon a 10% off coupon for The Carving Station. The advertisement says:

All U Can Eat Style Restaurant carved to your order, prime rib, new york strip steaks, smoked turkey, ham, pork shoulder, lamb, along with fresh seafood, shrimp cocktail, crab legs and mussels. Many flavorful hot items on buffet, homemade soup, fresh salads, baked breads, desserts and more.

8594 Palm Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL

Open 7 days a week 4PM - 11PM
Featuring Live Entertainment

Just wondering how the quality compares to other buffets?

Two answers - one quote.

The restaurant is one block north of the DTD / Crossroads Plaza entrance down Palm Parkway. Turn right off 535 at the Olive Garden & it's about 1/4 mile on your right. Same plaza as Cici's and Kobe Steakhouse.

As for quality I felt it was very close to Texas De Brazil at 1/2 the cost. And a bigger selection of food. A cut above any other buffet we have tried in the Orlando area except TDB. It's a single owner operation trying to make a go of it in a tough market. He has the right idea - food quality first. I hope he and his staff are successful.

TotoToo said:
Two answers - one quote.

The restaurant is one block north of the DTD / Crossroads Plaza entrance down Palm Parkway. Turn right off 535 at the Olive Garden & it's about 1/4 mile on your right. Same plaza as Cici's and Kobe Steakhouse.

As for quality I felt it was very close to Texas De Brazil at 1/2 the cost. And a bigger selection of food. A cut above any other buffet we have tried in the Orlando area except TDB. It's a single owner operation trying to make a go of it in a tough market. He has the right idea - food quality first. I hope he and his staff are successful.

it sounds like a great combination, we'll check it out next weekend. thanks for the review.

Ditto what TotoToo said. Posted about this new spot a few weeks ago but can't seem to find it now. It used to be the Angus Steakhouse.We ate dinner there right before they closed down. They were already in the process of installing the carving station tables. The waiter said be sure to stop back. We did and was pleasantly surprised with the result. The tenderloin alone was worth the price of admission. pirate: Imho a great deal for the area. Let us hope the quality is here to stay. Looking forward to a great play by play review. Terrible at it here. Need to start taking notes. :confused3

$22.00 is cheap for a buffet esp on that side of Disney (Palm Parkway). I am guessing that they will raise the prices before too long.

Thanks for the review, TotoToo and madcoco. I can't find any news or other review write up on this place via a Google search! We're heading for the area in a week (yeah!) and this place sounds interesting enough to get on my "maybe" list right now. I would love to hear more reviews!

We ended up going I wanted to try it out. The food is really fresh and good quality. Everyone enjoyed it. The people were friendly and there was no wait to get in. They had a nice meat station and crab legs. They have a kids station with chicken fingers etc.. I did not like the fact that they charged my 3 year old 9.99 to eat. :confused3

dvcnewgirl said:
I did not like the fact that they charged my 3 year old 9.99 to eat. :confused3

Thanks for the review. Do they charge kids starting at 3? I have a 2 1/2 year old who eats like a bird so I wouldn't want to pay $9.99 for him.

My daughter didnt eat anything that is why I was not happy. They said 11 and under paid 9.99. I would call. I think that is steep for anyone under 5.

I just called to ask about the rate for a 2 year old and confirmed that they charge all kids 11 and under the child rate -- so that would technically include a baby! We have never encountered a buffet that charged a child under 3; I wouldn't have thought the first time I'd find one would be one by WDW! This is off our list, then.

Just a thought, sometimes restaurants charge what seems to be unreasonably high prices for children in an effort to subtly discourage people from bringing them...

Anne

My daughter and her boyfriend were looking for somewhere nice to eat while we're there next week (but not extremely high in price). I had suggested Landry's since he likes seafood so much.

Would this place be a better choice?

ducklite said:
Just a thought, sometimes restaurants charge what seems to be unreasonably high prices for children in an effort to subtly discourage people from bringing them...

Anne

Another thought, some business are tired of parents who "forget" how old their kids are. This restaurant only has to worry about the parents who "forget" about their kids 12th birthday. They don't also have to worry about parents who "forget" about the their kids 3rd birthday.

A restaurant isn't just charging for the food you consume but is also charging you for a seat at a table. A restaurant may not want to tie up tables for kids that aren't paying to eat.

I agree that charging for toddlers even may very well be a sign that they are trying to discourage young eaters, but it seems at odds with a mid-range all you can eat restaurant. We're not talking about fine dining here. Even the upscale Texas de Brazil charges free for kids under 6. Anyway, there are many places to eat in Orlando so no need for us to go to a toddler unfriendly place if that is the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter