• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The CDC program for cruise ships is no longer in effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this today. Interesting. Sign of changes in the future I am sure, not sure what they will be or when they will happen. Especially for DCL-a slow mover for sure. I did read, however, that Bermuda will no longer accept recovery letters. You will need a negative tests, So, if you are headed that way, be sure to check on their requirements.

I'm hoping this is finally the light at the end of the tunnel. After having three cruises canceled since 2020 either by the cruise line or myself, I finally decided to take the plunge and booked a 5-night cruise on the Disney Dream in December and a 10-night cruise with RSSC in March. Being fully vaccinated and boosted, it would be so nice to be able to not have to worry about testing in a hotel room 1,300 miles away from home in Miami before either of my cruises. Here's hoping the testing will be a thing of the past, and more importantly, the severity of covid continues to become less and less of an impact on people.

12 and up is far more reasonable than 5 and up. I hope they do away with the vaccine requirements soon.
Just more FYI, Mexico does not require testing/vaccine, Jamaica does not require testing/vaccine, VI does not require testing/vaccine, Turks and Caicos requires vaccine for 18+, Grand cayman requires vaccine 12+. On my quick research, I can’t find anyplace that requires under 12’s to be vaccinated for entry.

I'm hoping this is finally the light at the end of the tunnel. After having three cruises canceled since 2020 either by the cruise line or myself, I finally decided to take the plunge and booked a 5-night cruise on the Disney Dream in December and a 10-night cruise with RSSC in March. Being fully vaccinated and boosted, it would be so nice to be able to not have to worry about testing in a hotel room 1,300 miles away from home in Miami before either of my cruises. Here's hoping the testing will be a thing of the past, and more importantly, the severity of covid continues to become less and less of an impact on people.
💯 agreed we moved our cruises to February 2023 since with a autoimmune disease and Covid right now just wasn’t right for August. Hopefully things improve for everyone and testing and gone, etc

Covid testing really does put a damper on pre-vacation planning fun. That voice in the back of the head "please dont let me test positive". It really does impact one. Would be happy to see that gone. On the other hand I really don't want Covid while on a cruise ship (assuming I have bad symptoms).

Covid testing really does put a damper on pre-vacation planning fun. That voice in the back of the head "please dont let me test positive". It really does impact one. Would be happy to see that gone. On the other hand I really don't want Covid while on a cruise ship (assuming I have bad symptoms).
Nor would it be good for lots of crew members to be sick, have to cancel events, or be unable to provide service to guests.

If Disney does not drop the pre-cruise covid test. What are some cheaper options for the test? My local urgent care charges $160/pp.

If Disney does not drop the pre-cruise covid test. What are some cheaper options for the test? My local urgent care charges $160/pp.
Seems On-Point is one of the cheapest online monitoring websites that I know of. You use your own test kits—even the free USG ones.

What are some cheaper options for the test? My local urgent care charges $160/pp.
The online services seem to be ~ $10-$15 USD plus cost of the test kit, which could be the free ones from the government up to ~ $15. Some test kits even include an online proctor already paid, which tend to be ~ $25-$35. Ends up about the same in the end, but way less than urgent care or a pharmacy.

I'm not sure this will change anything for DCL in the near term. Because worse than the CDC guidance is a headline that reads something like "1000 Passengers Test Positive for Covid on Disney (ship) - (ship) is returning to port" - or something to that effect. They are already offloading most of the testing costs and responsibilities to passengers. So it is less cost to DCL to reduce the likelyhood of covid spreading onboard. Like we've done so much in the last few years, it's another wait and see.

I'm not sure this will change anything for DCL in the near term. Because worse than the CDC guidance is a headline that reads something like "1000 Passengers Test Positive for Covid on Disney (ship) - (ship) is returning to port" - or something to that effect.
If testing isn't required onboard, there is no way for that to happen. Most Covid cases are very mild, so there aren't going to be a lot of passengers presenting for medical treatment and getting Covid tested onboard.

I'm not sure this will change anything for DCL in the near term. Because worse than the CDC guidance is a headline that reads something like "1000 Passengers Test Positive for Covid on Disney (ship) - (ship) is returning to port" - or something to that effect. They are already offloading most of the testing costs and responsibilities to passengers. So it is less cost to DCL to reduce the likelyhood of covid spreading onboard. Like we've done so much in the last few years, it's another wait and see.
Compared to everything else going in the world right now I doubt anyone would care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter