The Chuck Wagon Cafe - restaurant reviews

we ate here wednesday think it was 21 euros roughly per adult which included 1 soft drink. keep your receipt as without this you cant claim your drink in the buffet.

The buffet consisted of ribs, chicken wings, bbq sauce, rice, curry, few meats in sauces and wedges, salads etc. Plus there was a desert buffet. Well worth the money and it wasnt too busy when we went, we ate about 8.15.

We ate here on Tuesday March 2nd 2010 using our free meals vouchers.
The buffet was hot and tasty and replenished frequently.
The choice was
ribs (very nice)
veal sausage (an accquired taste but we loved them)
chicken drumsticks (very nice)
corn on the cob (lovely)
the best bbq sauce in the world,
rice (run of the mile plaine rice)
paella (really very nice)
beef stew (didnt try)
meatballs (didnt try)
mashed potatoes (very nice)
gravy (very herby and lovely with chips)
chunky chips (yum)
stuffed tomatoes (didnt try)
carved roast pork (very tasty)
salmon (didnt try)
fish sauce
veg (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and green beans - all very nice and fresh)
soup (veg, DD loved it)
bread rolls
salad bar (very nice pasta salad and potato with ham salad, there was a selection of 7 or 8 salads and leaves)

Kids choices:::
mashed potatoe
chips
nuggets
sausages
fish shapes
pizza (ham with olives and margarita - very nice)
pasta (two sauces - bolognese and tomato)
frankfurthers

desserts
Bavroix (? there were 3 differnt types - the fruit of the forest was heavenly)
pecan pie
peach tart
chocolate tart
white chocolate mousse (this was a stand out favourite)
milk chocolate mouse
doughnuts
There was one or two more choices but memory fails me.

Cheese selection

This was great value and really great food. We booked but there was no real need, we waited maybe 5 mins to get in to the buffet. Its top of the list for our May visit

We ate here on 1st and 2nd of March using our free meals vouchers. Stayed in Santa Fe but didn't think my 3 year old would like the food on offer there so tried The Chuckwagon after reading about it on here! I have to say we were very happy with the place. Made a reservation for 6.30pm and only waited just over 5 minutes to eat. The buffet had a good variety DD had Pizza, sausages, corn on the cob and a few chips and pasta bolognese and bread roll the 2nd night. My partner who is a big eater had a plateful of just about everything going! Spare ribs, chicken, chips, pizza, sausages and I had mainly salad stuff, jacket potato and absolutely loved the bread rolls and ratatouille! Also has 1 free drink with the buffet. There was a big selection of desserts too, various cakes, mousse, tarts and rice pudding. We booked for 6 pm the 2nd night and were served straigt away but by 7pm both nights the place was packed. The seating area is HUGE and is really noisy when full up but we really enjoyed it and went back a second time. It was only a short walk back to the Santa Fe which was another bonus as we were too full to walk too far!!!

they didnt have half of that on the menu when we ate there will try them again as i do like salmon and paella but all i saw was ribs chicken and sausages

Hi, we just came back a couple of days ago! We ate here on the 26th March 2012.

We loved it!! Was our fav out of all our restaurants we ate at.

corn on the cobs (lovely) Chicken, Meatballs, jacket potatoes, new potatoes (with a garlic and herb on them) they was FAB FAB FAB, i could of ate them all day so so tasty:thumbsup2
chips, nuggets, hotdogs pizza! Veg!! stews. cheese bread! Soup! loads! I cant remember all! Alot mentioned from above, pasta and meatballs! Stews! Meats.

We went at 6.30pm, and they started serving at 6pm, was really quiet food fresh and full no mad scrum! went up a few times:lmao: Desserts lovely! Jelly raspberry Pineapple cake! pear flan type thing! all of it really nice!
We had half board Plus vouchers which i know we lost money on, as the Chuck is on the standard vouchers, but we were all tired and it was at our hotel so thought we would try it!
We had a choice of one can of drink aswell.

We ate here once on our trip 17th March to 23 March 2013 and it was our favourite place. We would have eaten here nearly every day but they didn't start serving until 6pm which was a bit too late for our children. The food was lovely and hot and plenty to choose from. Am hoping to eat here more often on our next trip :).

rugrats said:
We ate here once on our trip 17th March to 23 March 2013 and it was our favourite place. We would have eaten here nearly every day but they didn't start serving until 6pm which was a bit too late for our children. The food was lovely and hot and plenty to choose from. Am hoping to eat here more often on our next trip :).

Thank you for your review as we are still deciding where to have dinner on our first night. What kind of food are there? We will be arriving around 8pm at Cheyenne so will be having dinner around 9pm

Thank you for your review as we are still deciding where to have dinner on our first night. What kind of food are there? We will be arriving around 8pm at Cheyenne so will be having dinner around 9pm

I can't remember exactly what was on offer but the food selection was pretty much as the above posts have described (especially Kizzabel's). I just remember there was a huge selection (even better than Plaza Gardens!) and everyone in our party loved it :).

we ate here two nights. i was quite surprised by this buffet. it was much better than either the plaza gardens or restaurant des stars.

there was a large selection. the first night i had lovely chicken wraps and they second night they had lasagne that we all went up for seconds of.

we had a drink included but there were jugs to fill up with water as well.

i will definitely eat here again.

A list they had of the food last week :

vegetable soup
olives, salad bits, cold meats
Mixed Veg (pea, green beans, carrotts)
Bread Rolls
jacket potatos
stuffed tomatoes
sour cream
ribs
bbq rib sauce
chicken legs
fish
beef
gammon
sausages
fish sauce
peppercorn sauce
meatballs
beef stew
cauliflowers and brocolli
chicken nuggets
plain pasta
tomato sauce
bolognese sauce
meat pizza
cheese and tomato pizza

cheese boards

massive cake seection for kids and adults.

Hope that helps someone

We ate here twice. Wednesday 12th, and Wednesday 19th. The first meal wasn't too enjoyable. For some reason the food was quite band, which is unusual for the Chuck Wagon. The had jacket potatoes, which pleased my DD, and and plenty of veg, including vegetable soup.

The second time we ate there, it was much, much better. The ribs were still very fatty, and we didn't get to make fajitas this time, but they had lasagna in its place and mounds disappeared.

The price was adult €23,99 without a drink, kids €13,99 (we think!) and includes a drink of small orange/apple juice. Water is free if from the dispenser.

We ate here on 19th March, 6pm. We rang from the hotel room to make a reservation earlier in the day. We enjoyed the food on offer, it was pretty quiet as we were some of the first people in.

Starters included coleslaw, salad items, vegetable soup, croutons, bread rolls, cheeses, pate, fish mousse, potato salad, lentil salad.

Mains included ribs and bbq sauce, stuffed tomatoes, chips, roast pork with pepper sauce on the side, chicken legs, enchiladas, sausages, jacket potatoes,meatballs, pasta, pasta sauce, stir fry beef, white rice, lots of vegetables, baked beans, white fish

Kids buffet included hot dog sausages, chicken nuggets, fish cake shapes, mash, pizza, pasta and pasta sauces.

Desserts included chocolate torte, "ivory cake" (not sure what this was), chocolate and strawberry mousse, strawberry cake, jelly, donuts, egg custard tart, creme caramel, chocolate gateaux, apple tart, pear tart, fresh fruit

Overall we enjoyed what we ate and were happy with the price. But we did prefer Restaurant Des Stars.

We ate here Wednesday 26th November around 8pm.

I think the prices were €23.99/26.99 for adults (w/wo drinks).
And kids were €13.99.

On offer were the salad cart, meats, cheeses, soup, rolls, sausages, chicken legs, corn on the cob, chicken legs, ribs, BBQ sauce and the best selection of vegetables in any onsite buffet - boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes, chips, jacket potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, mixed veg, green beans, baked beans, stuffed tomatoes.
There were also 2 types of pasta, two types of pasta sauce (plain and bolognese) carved ham, carved turkey, chicken fajitas, a cod dish, lovely beef stroganoff, meatballs.
The kids section had pastas, pizzas, nuggets, frankfurthers, cod nuggets, veg, fries, mash.
There were a huge selection of desserts on offer including apple tart, chocolate mousse, jelly, bavrois, ill flotante, coconut tart and many more but by this stage I was in a food coma.
Oh and theres a cheese board!

Still the best as regards choice, value and all very fresh and tasty. Will definitely return on our next visit.
The total was €74ish with discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter