The Daily Grind 6/10/13

JJ&JHsmom

DIS Veteran
Happy Monday!

Prayers and pixie dust to all those in need.

Cheryl, thinking of you today and sending prayers for your surgery.

Today:
meeting at 8 am
home to play with paper

Hope everyone has a great day!

Morning,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was relatively dry and quiet - didn't feel like doing much of anything.

Todays List:
9am Aquasize
Mail cards
Pay a couple bills
Wash bath towels
Laundry
Meal planning
Pour bleach in AC pipes
Order another tube of Coresatin from NW Pharmacy
Go with Joe to notary after he gets home from work
Make appt. to get car serviced
Journal

Looks like I will be heading up to Georgia Friday morning for a week to help take care of Dad. He should be home from the hospital Thursday or Friday. Foot will be wrapped enough that he can walk on his heel and use crutches if need be but he can't drive for 4-6 weeks and will need help from us kids to run errands and take him to the wound center 2-3 days a week to get his dressing changed. Luckily, my sister who lives 5 minutes from Dad, is a school teacher and off for the summer. I have two other siblings who are teachers and off as well that live an hour from Dad and they'll be able to help some too.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Becky

Good Morning
Becky I hope your dad gets better soon - glad he is getting out of the hospital

still working on :laundry and pics
need to go get the cat(Red) from the vets
DH is home so no idea what else will get worked on

Mornin' all!!

We are running slow today. Not late because the kids don't work till noon and DH works from home so he doesn't have to do the morning routine he can just roll into the office.

Everyone is a little sore from the weekend but the house looks so good... I just smile when I see it.... :woohoo:

Today I need to:

clean the house good
:laundy:
clean fridge and freezer
clean out emails
clean china hutch
pull out the dish set for PJ to take for her campus apartment

check status on PJ's deliveries (toaster, can opener, 84 piece kitchen set)
nail down vacation dates w/ DS17 for grad party; discuss w/ DH so he can book time of work now
DS17 to give us date of his last college visit
pull college aps for the 5 he wants to apply for and make sure who need recommendations/essays so he can get started on those now
go get gift card for neighbor who lent us their big ladders since they were not working (they do house remodels/roofing etc)..
select sketches and photos for the rest of 2012 so I can get those ordered, I have free photos so I need to use them!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Reddy, can't wait to see photos and here all about it! Especially the AK parade!!!
Cheryl, I know you won't be on today but wanted you to know I'm sending prayers for a good surgery and a speedy recovery... :hug: :flower3:
Prayers and pixie dust to all in need.

The AK parade was great
it was the day my sister join us so we had 8 people in matching tie dye shirts
we lined up to watch the parade right close to where it started.
this little lady walked by & did a double take & asked my sister if she thinks the group would like to be in the parade - Sis turns to me & I jump up & say YES!!
so we go in the back room of the pizza place that is right there
they have a cart in therre & pass out vest & let us pick hats
Richard throws a fit since we aren't waiting for the parade - we told her once we get him on the float he would be fine - he hates waiting. She didn't look too sure about that.
They lead us to the floats Richard calmed down while walking
Sis & her DH roded in the "TIger" car
James & Me got in the Mickey float in the front set of seats
Jason, Richard, Alex-Paul & Louis (nephews) got in the back
Richard looked up & saw Mickey then he he sat there perfectly peaceful:hippie:
the lady shooked her head & said she had never saw anything like that - usually when kids fuss there is no way

there was 2 sets of photopass people so we got pics from both sides
they did give us ear plugs - the music was very loud

:headache: I need one more cd disk to move the pics over - I thought 30 disk would be enough:rolleyes1

It's official. We have graduated! I even managed to stay relatively composed. Well, that is until his friend got up to give his speech and spoke about winnie the pooh and then I lost it. Here's how it happened:

Pooh bear was Tyler's favorite character and he watched those movies continuously before he started school. The night before he started kindergarten we watched the one where Christopher Robin starts school and it helped him with his nerves. I gave him a small clip on pooh bear for on his backpack the first day of school and told him if he got nervous he could hold onto it and know I was thinking of him. He carried that thing on his backpack all year. When he started first grade he decided he didn't need it anymore.

Fast forward 13 years to high school graduation time. A couple weeks ago I got to thinking about his first day of kindergarten and that pooh bear. One of the things he asked for for graduation was a backpack that he has been looking at for some time. I remembered that pooh bear and went to find one to stick in the backpack for when he goes to college. I put a note with the bear telling him if he ever had second thoughts he could just look at the bear (in his dorm room - not take him to class :lmao:) and know that I was thinking of him and he is ready for college!

Imagine my surprise when his friend gave the valediction speech about that very same movie. I was floored! Tyler looked up at me when the speech began and gave me the best smile ever! His friend had asked him to proof the speech the week before graduation and he knew what was coming! Seemed like a perfect way for the world to tell me that he is on the right track.

OK, now I'm off to the bathroom to try to compose myself before one of the guys here at work sees me blubbering at my desk and wonders what the devil I'm doing.

Prayers and pixie dust to all those who need it (I'm especially glad your dad is doing better following surgery and is due to come home soon!).

Have a great day, everyone!

That is an awesome moment for both of you!!!
Funny thing is one of our girls spoke of the same movie and quoted Pooh a few times... my kids looked at me and smiled.... then she spoke of seniorits... My son who will graduate next year started senioritis about 2 months ago... so we have been fighting that nasty irritation!

I'm so glad you had a good time with graduation and remained as composed as a mom can during that experience...

Enjoy the summer Danielle... The kids change so much in their first year of college.. you will be amazed.. and to see that some of what you have taught him has penetrated through the teen brain cells even when you didn't think it had!!!

Thanks for all the P&PD everyone! My momma got out of surgery an hour or so ago and the doctors said everything went really well.

Thanks for the update Rachel, glad to hear her surgery went well. Sending prayers and pixiedust: for a speedy recovery!

Danielle, what a terrific moment for you and DS! I would have been bawling.

Becky, glad to hear your dad is doing okay.

Reddy, 30 CDs :crazy2:, you need to switch to an external hard drive.:)

Thanks for the update Rachel, glad to hear her surgery went well. Sending prayers and pixiedust: for a speedy recovery!

Danielle, what a terrific moment for you and DS! I would have been bawling.

Becky, glad to hear your dad is doing okay.

Reddy, 30 CDs :crazy2:, you need to switch to an external hard drive.:)

Rachel - glad your Mom's surgery went well!!

an External hard drive is on my list to get - want it for my files as well as pics

We have an external hard drive and love it!!!
It's for my photos..and DH is getting ready to put my digital stuff on it...

Plus he is currently transferring all our photos to an offsite storage thing... He says his life depends on me not losing my photos! :lmao:

We have an external hard drive and love it!!!
It's for my photos..and DH is getting ready to put my digital stuff on it...

Plus he is currently transferring all our photos to an offsite storage thing... He says his life depends on me not losing my photos! :lmao:

I'm wishing for a scanner for 12x12 pages then I could save my pages online somewhere

I'm getting the AK parade photopass pics up on facebook :cool1:
after edits I'm going to have over 300 pics for AK alone:confused3

Rachel, thanks for the update on your momma...give her a hug from us!

quick drive by.......

day's not over yet....was at school from 7 am to 415...stopped at wendys for quick bite. ate & then typed up lists for me and two other mom's to keep the kids on track with costume changes...off to get cleaned up and heading back to school at 600....I feel pretty numb at this point and still have to be able to give my speech about BeLikeBrit! wish me luck please!

Rachel, thanks for the update on your momma...give her a hug from us!

quick drive by.......

day's not over yet....was at school from 7 am to 415...stopped at wendys for quick bite. ate & then typed up lists for me and two other mom's to keep the kids on track with costume changes...off to get cleaned up and heading back to school at 600....I feel pretty numb at this point and still have to be able to give my speech about BeLikeBrit! wish me luck please!

:grouphug:pixiedust::grouphug:
lots of luck to you - I'm sure you will be great!!

just a quick stop this morning....

concert went pretty good, no major issues :thumbsup2

don't have a final count, since some money came in after the concert...but what I do know came in before the concert was $272.00 :cheer2: thrilled we did so well!

Megan did GREAT with her part of our speech and my voice only cracked once when I was talking about Jim....was told later that many people were moved :goodvibes

going back to school this morning for the school assembly to watch the concert and get things picked up, will check in later on!

have a wonderful day!

Whew, good thing I'm wearing sunglasses on the train on the way home tonight. I'm bawling my eyes out, Danielle. Congrats to the graduate!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter