~The Daily Grind~ 6/4/10

I am just looking forward to Sangria and chips and Salsa on the front porch in a few hours:goodvibes

Ok, seriously... why are we changing my freshman's schedule for the 2nd time this week... Please set my son's schedule and leave it alone... The kids are already trying to see who is with who in what class on FB... please stop making them burn the midnight oil updating one another.... ok, I've stated my case...

Well, I'm officially a camp mom. I got the boys signed up for camp today $510 later!!! OY!
And..... I found out we can use the pool for swim lessons, but lessons are in the morning, same as camp. BUT! She said they would most likely let me pay for private lessons in the afternoon. So, I could get myself and all 4 kids lessons!!!!
I have to go back over tomorrow and find out.

Ok, seriously... why are we changing my freshman's schedule for the 2nd time this week... Please set my son's schedule and leave it alone... The kids are already trying to see who is with who in what class on FB... please stop making them burn the midnight oil updating one another.... ok, I've stated my case...

WOW! at our HS they don't find out their schedules until a week before school starts. I know one year they had the schedule on-line for about 4 hours and half the school knew because of texting and facebook. I think the school got lots of calls about switching teachers, my kids doesn't have any friends in math class, blah, blah, blah. I think they take it off-line ASAP now or know how NOT to have it posted. I like the not knowing until the week before because there is no sense in knowing if schedules get changed here and there.

WOW! at our HS they don't find out their schedules until a week before school starts. I know one year they had the schedule on-line for about 4 hours and half the school knew because of texting and facebook. I think the school got lots of calls about switching teachers, my kids doesn't have any friends in math class, blah, blah, blah. I think they take it off-line ASAP now or know how NOT to have it posted. I like the not knowing until the week before because there is no sense in knowing if schedules get changed here and there.

My DS's high school doesn't give out the schedules early at all. They don't get their schedule until they get to homeroom on the first day of school! I think finding out the week before classes start is a good idea so that you can get your schedule changed before school starts rather than missing the first few days of a class while sitting in a class you aren't going to take while you wait for an appointment with your guidance counselor.

This is the first year ever our kids have gotten them this early.... I look for things to change by the time we are due to go in and pay book rental..... but at least the kids seem a bit excited about going into the high school knowing a bit more info....yes, they are all comparing schedules... they only request I had was that DsS15 & DS14 were not in the same geometry class....and they made that request happen!!! Last thing I need was the two of them in the same class...

Been MIA for a lot of days! DH went back to work Monday after 7 months of unemployment. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Very, very good thing.

Worked a vendor table today outside in the heat and humidity. Went to DS15's baseball game tonight, in the heat and humidity. Going back tomorrow and Sunday to the vendor table thing, in a little bit less heat, so that should be good.

Needless to say, my home needs some attention and we need some serious grocery shopping. Maybe in my downtime tomorrow I'll make my to do list for Monday... :rolleyes1

We're kind of hanging on by a thin thread, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe. :goodvibes

Pixieflip--yay for DH going back to work!! Hope the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter!!

We don't do our schedules til the first day of school either. Then we do changes (if possible) the first couple of days. It's a bit harried, but it helps get everything done before school starts (paperwork, etc) and then deal with requests. Plus, we're usually able to see who withdraws, and opens up spots in classes.

So, I'm up EARLY (or late) for me! I couldn't sleep, and so I just got out of bed. I'm supposed to wake DH up in 30 min so we can get ready to hit the road!!

Have an awesome week, everyone! I'll try to check in from there! Love, pixie dust, and prayers to all of you!!!

Pixie flip I've so been there. Glad he went back to work!
Hang in there.

Brooke- I'm so excited for you! Have a blast!!

Rain here.
Not sure what that does to my list for the day. I'll have to review what's on it.

Have a great day everyone.

PixieFlip, I'm so glad your DH found a job. When my DH's company went belly up we were about 10 months [I think, I need to go check, it's been so long now] without a job. So I understand the stress and relief you are feeling. :hug:

I don't know how they do it here for high school. Growing up in NY, we found the first day of school in our homerooms. Which we found by looking at a sheet at the doors the first day. :sad2: What were they thinking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter