~The Daily Grind~ 7/27/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 7/27/10

It's The Day After Monday!! :yay:

I had a great first evening shift. I wore my new puppy shoes, and my Winnie the Pooh earrings for luck, but I didn't need the luck. Everyone was saying "welcome home"...except the friends from dayshift, who were giving me a hard time for leaving them :rotfl2: I said Hi to Butthead when I came in...and he left 15 min later :teeth:

Now today I'm scheduled at the good hosp and 3-11... wow, very cool! :thumbsup2

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Swish and Swipe... this is the habit of the month for July...

Work at 3p...

Dinner- chicken

Have a Great Day everyone!!

morning all

I'm up WAY to early thanks to a skunk that sprayed right outside. YICK:sick: and the dog that went nuts with the smell she still hasn't gone back to bed.

Deb glad to hear you had a great shift.

I've missed you all these last few days just haven't had time to post. I've scanned and ran.

Today will be another day from down there. Actually I'm not even sure the devil wants these days. I got out of work yesterday and got on a tractor after feeding husband who stopped long enough to eat (10 mins). we both got off tractors at 8:45 pm.

so today will be:
drop L at swim
work
gas for truck
home
change
find what field he's in baling
wrap round bales
spend afternoon killing self moving wrapped bales by hand (rolling them) out of the way of the wrapper.

try to figure out how to do this whole thing with 2 tractors when the guy we used to hire uses 3 one of which is ours.

so I might not see you all for a few days. And the worst part of the whole thing is there are no pics of proof that I did it. The boys didn't bring the camera to the field when they came to check on us with their Aunt!

pixie dust for Blythe and all those that need it.

Good morning!!! It's TUESDAY!!! And it's just 65 days 'til Fall Break! ;)

Deb, YAY for the great first shift and for being at the good hosp today!
Christy, WOW, woman! I would still be asleep--and probably asleep til tomorrow!!

Blythe continues to do well! She's up to 4 lbs, 14 oz. There's some talk of (depending upon how she does) her going home BEFORE her due date. That was August 26th, so it could be sometime in the next 3 weeks or so!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Shower & get ready
4. Devotion

5. Clean kitchen/dining
6. Get makeup together for thing tonight
7. Cut Mickey for DS's poster
8. DS's stuff together
9. DS up
10. DS to mom's
11. Work
12. DH pick up DS
13. Get ready again
14. Back to work for Freshman Frenzy! from 6-8
15. Come home and collapse!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!

Good morning!

Can't sleep....catching up here-been insanely busy with DS8's bday week and football....

Glad your first night shift went good Deb!
Christy-skunk?!? :scared1: You poor thing!
Brooke-Glad to hear Blythe is doing so well!!

Well, DS8's first football practice got rained (more like stormed) out yesterday, and guess what's on the forecast for today-more storms!!:headache:

Today:
Pay bills
Laundry
DS14 to practice
Work on swaps
Return library books
Pick up DS14
Lunch
Pool maybe if not storming
Try to squeeze in a nap
Light dinner before practice
DS8's practice
Team meeting with parents
Football meeting at DS14's school
Feed DS8 again after practice
Try to get boys in bed early
Try to sleep more than I did last night!

Have a great day everyone!!!:)

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yeah, Deb's "home" and happy again :)

Dusting Blythe with GO HOME dust.

Christy - you are an AMAZING woman!

oops gotta go - back later.

Deb, I'm so glad that your first night shift went so well!!! :yay:
Christy, I don't know how you do it!
Brooke, that's awesome that Blythe might get to go home soon. Continued pixie dust for that amazing little girl.
DB, I hope the storms stay away so that your DS can have football practice!

My tooth still hurts, but I've got pain meds and they help lots!!!!:lovestruc

My day:
Make DH's lunch
Laundry
Get hair cut
Target - must get toilet paper or things won't be pretty around here!
Work
Dinner
Go to bed early

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning!

Good luck with everything Christy!
Congrats on being back on night shifts Deb!

Today:
work on guest bath
work on living room
clean all fans in the house
drink plenty of water
walk
work on sketch swap
teach swim lesson
water aerobics

Rebecca

DS22 is letting me borrow "The Shining". I watched the movie on TV with DH over the weekend, and was so confused about parts, he said read the book...

But now I'm thinking...the good hosp is haunted (not kidding, I've seen the little perp myself) and I'm working alone till 11p... This might not be the best idea after all :lmao:

Christy- Um...skunk? What a smell!!
Brooke- So happy for Blythe and her fam! What a strong little cutie! :cutie:
DB- Hope the weather holds out today!
Linda- hope all's good at your house!
DIT- hope the meds can take the edge off!
Rebecca- it's nice to be home isn't it? Away is fun for a bit, then home is so great!

Morning all--

P&PD to all in need :hug:
Stephanie--hope you're feeling better soon :)
Debbie--glad you had a good shift :thumbsup2
Christy--I'd be asleep for 2 days ;)
Nancy--hope your "teen talk" went well :)

Today:

Pay bills
Take memory cards to photo developer
Hope the extra chores DH has given DD improve her attitude/tone
Laundry
Hang pictures in basement
Drive DD to voice lesson
Older DD last day of work, marching band starts tomorrow
Dinner--?

Recipes to share... got these in an email today. I can vouch for the dawn in the shower one. I don't use the spray, just squirt on my '"cleaning puff" and swish and swipe while the conditioner is in my hair. Thanks Flylady! :teeth:

Tub and Shower Magic
If you haven't experienced the power of original Blue Dawn plus white vinegar, you are in for a treat. Remove the top of a plastic spray bottle and fill it half full of white vinegar. Carefully heat it in the microwave until the vinegar is hot, taking care not to melt the bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with Blue Dawn liquid dishwashing soap. Apply the top tightly. Gently shake the bottle to mix. That's it. You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.

Garden Magic
Here's a recipe for weed killer that has the power of RoundUp for a fraction of the price. Mix two cups ordinary table salt into one gallon of white vinegar that has five percent acidity. Add eight drops liquid dishwashing soap. Label and keep out of reach of children. This is not toxic, but it will kill any and all vegetation, even the good stuff, so be careful where you spray it. Another caution: Spraying this multiple times in the same area will sterilize the soil so that nothing will grow there for a long time. It is ideal for killing weeds that grow between cracks in your sidewalk and other areas where you don't want vegetation.

I've got today off. Morgan is off to GS (day) camp. The bus came 30 minutes late yesterday...It was there when we got there this morning.

Already been to the grocery store, now I need to do some cleaning and chores and such. No need to leave the house again until I pick up Morgan at 5:30.

Hope everyone is doing well - Deb, "welcome home!"

Trying to get motiviated this morning. Lots I need to do. Glad to hear everyone is doing better today. Didn't get to all my stuff yesterday so back on the list.

Bank
PO
library

sweep
water flowers
vaccum main floor
work on quilt
finish laundry - 2 loads
dinner - tacos
market for tomatoes and flour
DS15 to football
price contacts for DS14

Have a great day everyone :hippie:

Hi, all!

Christy, honey, just reading your posts makes me hot and tired! You are incredible! :worship:

A "putter-around" day here - walked the dog, online shopping for vacation stuff, finishing touches on the last of my color swap pieces, living room/etc. clean up blitz... It is quiet today - no kids around...just me and the dog! But, it is already starting to get hot...

Lobstahs for dinner! I've gotta drag the huge pot out of the basement and cover the outside dinner table with newspaper - DH is swinging by the local grocery store on his way home from work - $3.99 per pound sale on these lovelies...and we're each getting two! Sweet tea, corn on the cob, lobsters - and dinner out on the porch - heaven! :cloud9:

We had lobstahs for dinner last night - where are they at 3.99? That is not what we paid for them...:confused3

Great news about Blythe.
Welcome Home Deb
MM2000 - gotta plan a playdate for the girls.
DIT - hope your tooth starts to feel better soon.
Joyah - can you send some of your energy down here please

Good day planned today. DS's best friend is coming today along with his mom. So playdate for me too:goodvibes.

Up, coffee, breakfast - feed the kids
Call Meg
Tidy kitchen
Tidy back parlour
Kids to vacumn and tidy
Out for lunch
Hang out in the gazebo
Figure out dinner (maybe lobster again...)
Make plans with PBF and Shamrock to scrap here this week
Laundry

Have a great day everyone...

Rhonda

Going to try to catch up here!!

Christy - You go! But be safe!
Deb - YAY for your night shifts. Hope the ghostie is friendly!
DIT - hoping the root canal solves your pain problem!

I have been MIA since before the July birthday whirlwind. Wow. I can finally breathe.

Its nice to know once the dust settles its back to the same old stuff!:lmao:

Dishes
Laundry
Grocery List
Menu Plan
Lunch with Friend?
Finish Color Swap
Pay bills

Its a start! Everyone have a good Tuesday!

Garden Magic
Here's a recipe for weed killer that has the power of RoundUp for a fraction of the price. Mix two cups ordinary table salt into one gallon of white vinegar that has five percent acidity. Add eight drops liquid dishwashing soap. Label and keep out of reach of children. This is not toxic, but it will kill any and all vegetation, even the good stuff, so be careful where you spray it. Another caution: Spraying this multiple times in the same area will sterilize the soil so that nothing will grow there for a long time. It is ideal for killing weeds that grow between cracks in your sidewalk and other areas where you don't want vegetation.

Hmmmm, wonder if that will work on poison ivy. We had so much rain thais spring it's horrible. I can't even get to the trailer, it's covered in weeds and the path to it is covered in poison ivy.

Oh my must do:
get up
breakfast - skipping and going right to lunch
laundry - always
clean master bedroom - my one and only goal and should take me at least 2 days. I'm gutting the place.

if I have time goals:

sort all kids toys. We are doing a buy back plan. they get $20 each. Every toy is $1. It's all getting spread out on the lawn next week and they will be able to buy stuff back.

Cut grass

Wash car inside and out

We had lobstahs for dinner last night - where are they at 3.99? That is not what we paid for them...:confused3

Make plans with PBF and Shamrock to scrap here this week

1. Johnnie's. - oops...sorry, $4.99 lb.

2. Yup! :wave2: Can't wait!

Recipes to share... got these in an email today. I can vouch for the dawn in the shower one. I don't use the spray, just squirt on my '"cleaning puff" and swish and swipe while the conditioner is in my hair. Thanks Flylady! :teeth:

Tub and Shower Magic
If you haven't experienced the power of original Blue Dawn plus white vinegar, you are in for a treat. Remove the top of a plastic spray bottle and fill it half full of white vinegar. Carefully heat it in the microwave until the vinegar is hot, taking care not to melt the bottle. Fill the rest of the bottle with Blue Dawn liquid dishwashing soap. Apply the top tightly. Gently shake the bottle to mix. That's it. You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.

Garden Magic

Until I reread it and saw 'flylady' I thought i'd found a fellow "Everyday Cheapskate" - The same recipes were posted there this morning!

Good night ladies!!!! where's that sleepy smilely when I need him.

63 bales thank god it's just tractor work but it's still round and round. We still have to wrap them 53 of them but he'll start that in the am.

Pam can you send some of the dinner my way please

shower and maybe a bowl of cereal if I decide to go back down stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter