~The Daily Grind~ 7/3/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 7/3/10

It's The Weekend... Day #1!!

So, the last few days I haven't been so happy to drag my hiney out of bed for work. And today, the first day I can sleep in, and what happens? I wake up at "go to work" time... sheesh!

:wizard: P&PD for all those needing it.

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Swish and Swipe

Keep to my points :teeth:

Work in The Pit... both boys are home today and available for the afternoon.

Water my plants
chores006.gif

Dinner- chicken BBQ

Have a Great Day everyone!! Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy Holiday Weekend!! :teeth:

That happens to me *all* the time! Hate it.

Absolutely NOTHING planned again! My sister and BIL are off to Prince Edward Island and her gazillion dollar house and pool are sitting there empty...Guess I'm going swimming :rolleyes1 I think we'll order lunch and eat it poolside (not that we couldn't go over if they were home, they want us to use it, so they are sure to get their money's worth ;) ).

I do need to vacuum and finish those thank you cards. I got everything cut, but I don't like the colors I chose and I'm having a hard time gluing it down. I'll just do it!

I'd love to go see Eclipse, but I think it's going to be mental there, so maybe some time next week.

We have the library pass for the zoo tomorrow. Supposed to be *really* hot so I don't know if we'll go - all those animals smell gamey on cool days, imagine what it would be like on a *hot* one?

Have a great weekend!

Morning.
Deb- that's the story of my life! I hate that!!

Jennifer- enjoy your swim! Did you go back to Vera Thursday?

My list is a mile long.
Bills to pay --- done
laundry to do- can't do. Water issues again! UGH
post office- done
dep $ into c u- done
target run- done
cards to get and mail out- got them now to sign and mail...
memory cards to get for vacation-done

run to the gap and look for plain tank tops for bubba
fireworks tonight

have a great day everyone!

I did! They price adjusted my purchase from Wednesday night and of course, I had to buy more ;)

That was nice :goodvibes

I got a mailbag style for my last trip, and I lurved it!! I'm thinking of heading out to check for something similar. I wonder if I could find a plainer kind of pattern and then add some hidden Mickeys... hmmmmm :idea:

The new (!!) outlet is having a 25% off storewide sale this weekend. Holly and I found out about it at the stampin' thing we went to right AFTER we bought at the outlet. I had gotten a backpack and a few other items in Cupcakes Pink for the Cruise, so I got a hipster to match, since I'll probably want to take that on excursions instead of a big ole backpack. So, since it was 25% off, I also got a ditty bag.

morning all

Deb sorry to hear you couldn't sleep.
Jennifer Have a great lunch and swim
Holly good luck on the plain tank hunt....

I knocked myself out with benadryl I was wiped out and needed to sleep. Some how in my sleep I'm' managing to get my foot out of the PF brace with out opening it.?????

Today clean house and porch are at the top of the list
vac pool and add more water
make salads for tomorrow
unload hay if friend isn't home.
swim in pool if it warms up.

have a great day all.

Prayers and Pixie Dust for all our family members who are in need.

Today is help DH get the tile down. Need to snap the chalk lines and let him go. We laid some down to get a feel for what it would like and there were some places that had tiny tile against walls. With the bathroom and shower stall in the mud/laundry room, there are lots of walls and corners.

We finally decided to put some mosaic tile in the threshold of the bathroom and turn that tile diagonal. Now we don't have those tiles lined up with the rest of the room and make the adjustments to get rid of the other tiny tile.

I want that mosaic strip making a border around the whole entry way, but I keep getting the "look" everything I bring it up. Guess it isn't happening. :rotfl2:

See what the rest of the day brings.

Still trying to adjust to the news. Kids are doing a little better this morning. They both had a hard time getting to bed/sleep.

Thank you everyone for being so kind...:hug:

Preparing for tomorrow. PBF's family and Samrock's coming over for 4th of July. Adults will hang in the gazebo with adult beverages and kids will be in the pool.

Up - coffee
Kids up - breakfast
Weed in the yard
Tidy up gazebo
Mow lawn (Randy)
Dust first floor
Vacumn first floor
Clean first floor bath
Clean kitchen
Wrap presents
Flowers for Bike (pbf - I'm really giving it to her this year!)
Make up menu for tomorrow
Groceries
Bring up tables from basement
Christmas tree shops for paper goods (might have enough though)
Sort through dd clothing.
Make up bag of clothes for PBF's ds
Baskets out of 2nd floor hall
Tidy playroom
Clean Peanuts cage
Vacumn stairwells and 2nd floor hall
Clean back stairs
Clear off kitchen table

Whew - that's enough for the day...

It's a beautiful day here. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Rhonda

Did a big portion of my list. Gave up on tshirts for bubba. I wanted the ones from the gap and the gap is gone from my mall.....

And I feel like crap ( again or still ) so I just came home.

Davey Crockett is trying to fix my water again. I paid the well guy a small fortune and my water is still not right. Oh boy! I just feel pukey. I don't feel right. Can't pin point it. Just not right.

Dust for all who need it!

OFf to a good start this morning, and it all went down hill from there.

Up early
computer time
breakfast
gym
pool
. . . . oops - Linda? Your husband has crashed on his bike and would like to speak to you on the phone!!!:eek:

3 hours and a trip to the er later - 4 broken ribs and two stitches in his elbow.
made lunch
took a nap, totally derailed from the plan of the day.
now, what was I supposed to be doing?

Wow Linda! That's terrible! What a scary call to get! How is he feeling?

Geez, Linda - what is it with husbands and hospitals on holiday weekends? (There's lots of alliteration going on there!) Hope he's ok! (I've threatened mine that he better not need an ER trip this weekend - Memorial Day was more than enough for me, thank you.)

You now *officially* need to have Rhonda's smilie for her DH in your siggy - check one of her posts out, if you don't know what I mean... :rotfl2:

Hope things get better for you guys...

It's like a secret club bicycle riding DH's seem to all want to belong. :sad2:

Hope your DH is doing better Linda.

So, how do I go about jumping in here? I know I miss a lot by not being part of the daily thread. Before, I hadn't joined in because I don't tend to make daily lists, or my life was too boring to contribute much. But I miss knowing what's going on with all of you. I think I've caught much of the big stuff if it made it's way into a separate thread, but I'll just say I hope you all are doing well.

I've had an unbelievably crappy few months with 3 big catastrophes/tragedies right on the heels of each other, so I decided to treat July 1 as a "New (half) Year" with a fresh start. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude that the rest of the year will go smoothly and the black rain cloud has moved on from our house. Sunny skies ahead.

Linda - I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. I've been right where you are - (my catastrophe #2 was my DH's fall down the stairs/2 broken ribs/bruised lung/4 night hospital stay/month off from work) - so I'll send you lots of hugs for the road ahead. :grouphug: Unfortunately, it'll be a very painful recovery for him (and therefore absolutely exhausting for you because we all know what *wonderful* patients men are.) Let me know if you need to vent!!

:hug: You just did.

I read everyday, but I don't always post. I don't have long lists and my life is fairly boring. But no complaints about that. I like boring. :)

I'm sorry the first part of the year was crappy for you. :hug: I hope this next half is full of wonderful memories.

Welcome over here, NEE! GLAD to see you - sorry the first part of the year was wretched and CERTAINLY hope the second half is WAY better. Thanks for the well wishes - I believe the term is "resting uncomfortably" at the moment.

Good lord Linda glad to hear he's resting.........

we've been busy haying and now I'm trying to get the foot to rest and it HATES the brace some how the last 2 nights I've managed to get my toes out of the end and I'm not unwrapping it. :rotfl2: i'm such a dork.

Off to bed so we can leave for the parade 3 hours early don't ask....... and I'm taking the car load myself I'm going to need a drink long before noon

So sorry Linda. Hugs for both of you.

Welcome NEE! sorry you had a lousy first half of the year.
Here's to the 2nd half being better. I've had a lousy year myself. I just keep
pluging along. So glad you came over here to join us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter