~The Daily Grind~ 7/6/10

Some sort of painful bladder irritation, apparently. Doesn't seem to be an infection. Hope meds start working for him soon - ugh. Drink a lot to flush things, too. May need to keep him out of camp for another day or so.

Hugs to him and you! Poor kid :(

Hugs and Pixie Dust to all needing it today!!

The day's barely begun and I'm already exhausted. I just went 12 rounds with my cat trying to get a pill into him. He has to go to the vet today and he's a "difficult" patient to put it MILDLY and he needs to be sedated before he goes. When he gets there, they're still going to end up giving him gas to do the exam (it's just a physical - he just HATES going to the vet) so I'm wondering if it's really worth the aggravation (and blood loss) on my part to do the pre-med. I'll have to ask her about that today.

So my list for today, already in progress:
- Laundry
- Make lunch and leftovers for DH's dinner
- Make lunches for work for next 2 days
- Change out litter boxes
- Vet at 2 pm
- Clean up living room
- 1 hour on treadmill
- Try to work on finishing 2009 scrapbook (5-7 pages left)

WE have a cool little folder that has 8 pockets...and it has everyone's important documents.... everyone knows what it looks like and where it is hidden so if I yell I need the important document folder they can run and grab it... we got a cool tan colored one when we signed our lives away to own the house.. it has all that important paper work along w/ insurance papers in it....

WE have a cool little folder that has 8 pockets...and it has everyone's important documents.... everyone knows what it looks like and where it is hidden so if I yell I need the important document folder they can run and grab it... we got a cool tan colored one when we signed our lives away to own the house.. it has all that important paper work along w/ insurance papers in it....

I know just what you mean and I have one. Once I get all the passports and they mail back the birth certificates, that's where they'll go!

Oh, Suzanne, I'm sorry about your kitty having a hard time at the vet (and therefore, you having a hard time getting him there). Good luck!

PBF, I hope your DS gets to feeling better soon.

MM, good luck on getting the passports all taken care of!

NEE, I know exactly what you mean on a kittycat who doesn't handle going to the vet's office well. My big boy freaks out at the vet's. They gave us a sedative to give to him prior to bringing him in and it had the opposite effect. It was horrible. I was stressed and in tears by the time that visit was finished. They just told me that sometimes that happens and they don't actually sedate!Grrrr!!! Good luck with your kitty.

Well, DS and I just got back from a tour and information session at the local university. He thought I was nuts to make him go since the university is right here. But, even though we live here, we don't go on campus or really know much about it and it's one of his choices for where he wants to go. He now thinks I'm brilliant:goodvibes and is so glad I made him do this. The bad thing is that he now really really wants to attend FSU!:scared1: I do like that it's right here, but we are diehard University of Florida fans and FSU are our big rivals. It was hard enough being near all that garnet & gold (FSU colors) today (I wanted to wear my orange & blue (UF colors), but DS wouldn't let me:confused3), but if my boy gets in there, seeing my Gator baby doing the Seminole chop will not be a happy day!!!!!!:lmao:

But, I guess it could be worse, he could want to attend Tennessee!!!!:rotfl: Sorry, Brooke, I just had to throw that in there!:rotfl2:

LOL!!!

I know your pain.. our good friend's son is playing BB for Purdue... WE are an IU family... I will not dawn black and gold...but I sure will back up the boy playing for Purdue.... I don't utter the word "Boiler Up"... LOL

We take PJ on her first campus tour the end of the month...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay I feel a bit better now

todays PSA never sneeze while driving on a curvy road with high curbs. total cost 295.00 for 2 yes I said 2 new tires. I get the dumb behind award for today.

on a side note it was 110 in the kitchen and we were down a person and I was running late due the to above dumb behind move.

Pam hope the meds kick in soon
NEE no fun we had a cat that would ONLY ride in the care if Tom was there and he could sit in his lap while he drove:eek:
Jennifer hope the passport is now in progress. I need to get ours done but I think we're just doing the cards.

Everyone survived the trip to the vet. My sweet boy acts like such a vicious animal when he gets there but they're great about handling him. He's a "red-head" so we just say it's his fiery Irish temper acting up. Then he was adorably groggy and "tipsy" for the rest of the day. Trauma done for 1 year.

DIT - one of my aunts went to FSU and we were just talking about that vicious rivalry last weekend. She's in her 60s now and lives in Maine, but that Gator hatred runs deep!! It seems as strong as Red Sox vs Yankees!!

joyah - that stinks! I don't think you get the award though - seems sneezing is a bit beyond your control!

:hug: Honestly Christy, you cannot control sneezing. :hug:

Sorry about needing two new tires. That is definitely an ouch.

Oh, Christy! So sorry, but don't blame yourself, it's bound to happen at an inopportune time now and again.

Passports are in progress :cool1: It's starting to feel real! Oh and we (and by we I mean me) decided that we are staying with the Disney cruise. While it is more $, we know we are going to have a great time; it's really a once in a lifetime opportunity (Halloween on a Disney cruise? Come on, how often would that happen?); and I just really wanna do it. So there.

Oh Christy that stinks!!!! But you cannot control sneezing. It's one of lifes things that you have no control over it. Sorry about needing new tires. I hate unexpected expenses!

Jennifer I'm glad you stayed with the Disney cruise. I'm sure it will be worth the money. And I'm also glad the passports are in the works!!

thanks ladies. while I can't control it i still feel stupid although I'm now laughing about it how many people can say they've done that. Tires weren't to bad. I run HEAVY tires on it cause we haul the camper so with mounting balancing and disposal of the old they came to 295 normally it's close to 700 for the 4 so I'm under half. these are my 3 season tires so they get the winter off and it was almost time to replace them anyway. I had 5 years out of them.

Jennifer yeah on the cruise I'd pick the same thing.
Nan we do the same bedtime plan. L is now learning the hard way to go to bed he has to be in the pool at 7:30 on t and th and it's a hard hard lesson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter