• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/12/09

Holly:hug:

Bubba's got a *WONDERFUL* mother. Just remember that he wouldn't trade you in for anything in the world. He loves *you*. I hope that you start feeling soon. I will send you lots of positive thoughts and love...

Rhonda

Holly,

A parent's job is to prepare their children to meet the challenges of the adult world. Not all lessons are fun or easy. The child refrain of, "It's not fair," doesn't go away when you reach the age of 18 or 21. Just like kids, who get frustrated that they don't have the power to choose what happens to them, adult life is full of times when you don't get to choose either. The one thing, I wish would have been more emphasized when I was growing up was that all those "big" issues that bothered me as a teen...peer pressure, dealing with mean/selfish people, a feeling of not being in control of my life because of external forces...I would continue to have to deal with those things as an adult.

Bubba is learning a lot of very important lessons right now. Things that will serve him well, when he is an adult struggling with the bad things the world has thrust upon him. And eventually, he will also learn that despite these bad things, he will be able to move on and live a happy life, because he will have seen his mother tackle all the big problems that have come her way, and get through them, in part, because of the things that she learned from her Mom.

I hear ya on the hot- it's been triple digits here for what feels like MONTHS. And no rain. Ugh. What kind of sammies do y'all do? I would love something new.

(Apparently I've missed y'all, 3 posts in a row!)

I've been making some wraps then putting them on my George's Grill and making panini like sammies with it... Last night was beef with cheese and horseradish sauce for me, and DS21 made chicken with cheese and sompthin else...can't remember. Anyway, it's like a quesidella (sp) and a wrap at the same time. My grill makes 2 at a time, grill marks and all...yummmmmmm

Change in plans...taking one of the pups to the self-serve doggie wash to check it out... A friend of DH's who has a K9 dog takes his there, and he likes it...

Very well put, Hope.

Holly you need to take care of yourself, work and all else be damned! You do what you need to do to make it through the day, you had a huge life changing event happen just a month ago. Bubba loves you for who you are, tears and all.

I've been making some wraps then putting them on my George's Grill and making panini like sammies with it... Last night was beef with cheese and horseradish sauce for me, and DS21 made chicken with cheese and sompthin else...can't remember. Anyway, it's like a quesidella (sp) and a wrap at the same time. My grill makes 2 at a time, grill marks and all...yummmmmmm

That sounds YUMMY! Ok, now I'm hungry and need a George's Grill....

And very well said Hope.

Holly, for some reason you just popped into my head... mainly b/c we hadn't chatted in a week...and I just knew something was up.

You are a good mom..stop beating yourself up!!

Love ya!

Hey Ash, how is the unpacking?
I need to get started on some cuts today.. I'm waiting to scrap til tomorrow as I decided to do laundry today and just get it done til Sunday!

Hey Ash, how is the unpacking?

It's going pretty well! I finished unpacking all of DD's room yesterday. It's just finding space of all the little stuff in there now. We hung a lot of things last night that is helping it feel more like home. So all in all, it's going well. :thumbsup2 By the way Nan, you are keeping me motivated- I keep thinking about all you get accomplished! So I keep saying to myself, "What would Nan do??" :rotfl:

I'll keep you motivated.. we'll have the house done by next week..giving you the weekend off of course! LOL

I'm not doing too much today... I need to get more done..but I'm going to wait til the kids get home.. I'm actually going to bring the bug upstairs and cut tags (for my family albums/spine titles) while they are doing homework.. I'm using all my scrap pieces to make them... I'm using the Christmas Cheer circle and square tags for this... I can't wait to get them done...and get my albums done by year..than as I want I'll scrap them w/ 4x6 sleeves and add embellished mats... I just can't get all the older photos scrapped like I"m scrapping currently.. I stressed myself out too much on it..

So, I think I'm gonna go take an hours nap before the little ones get home... than I'll cut my tags/embellish them...bag them up for safety... assist w/ homework... by the time that round is done... DS13 will be home from middle school and I'll start another small project while he does his homework..
make dinner (to reheat later)...
await DD to call from XC practice and she'll do her homework...
DS8 has football again tonight... after this week we go down to 2 a week...

Holly
Your body is rebelling and telling you it's time to stop. PLEASE listen to it. I didn't and suffered for well over a year. PLEASE PLEASE listen to you body. Bubba has a wonderful Mommy and don't doubt it. He is learning wonderful lessons for growning up.
Please use FMLA for time off if you need it. You have to relax or they will get much worse. Tom grandfather always used wet wash cloths sometimes hot and sometimes cold to relieve pain.
Take care sweetie.

I was thinking about suggesting an FMLA also...and shingles just might do it. At least it gives you the option if you are having a terrible day, and just know you can't make it, to call off and it not be held against you... or you can leave early and they can't hold that against you either... Something to think about maybe?

We ended up taking both dogs to the doggie wash. It was really cool, like a car wash...pay $5 and turn the dial... shampoo... rinse... conditioner... rinse... blow dry... They even had oatmeal bath, flea and tick, skunk deodorizer... Both boys went, and we had both dogs done and almost dry in 30min. Not bad for $10. :dogdance::dogdance:

hee hee skunk deodorizer....that is one horrible smell on a dog....

:worship:Nan - you are amazing! You list makes me tired.

Holly - please do take care of yourself. So many have already shared wonderful ideas and have worded their responses so much better than I could have. Just know you have friends here and that you are the mother God intended for Bubba. He is your gift and you are his.

Rodney Atkins was awesome fun last night! Slept in today and hit the ground running. Took DD2 to The Little Gym for class - we have not been in two weeks. Then looked at Fall Schedule. Not sure I want to pay the $325 for 20 weeks - decisions decisions.

Then hit Starbucks for our traditional after gym class apple juice and then Target. Wow havent been there in WEEKS - kiss that $200 goodbye. But I did finally remember to get ink for the printer so now that little one is down for a nap and DD 9 is off misting her pig I am headed into the office to print those darned 4H fair forms.

Scrapping....heavy sigh....wish I had room to get something out here - gotta work on that.

Deb my oh so wonderful (not) DH decided that he'd hide the laptop the other day cause I have to many friends inside this box. Course I knew where he'd hide it and went and got it then left him a scathing message about my box. I need my friends in this box.

Holly Hang in there! Wish you lived closer I'd take you to my all day crop next weekend.

Christy,
How dare he take your box.. Now, does he not know if we can't communicate via our boxes...that it results in road trips weekly to our homes... I mean... can he imagine coming home to 20 girls all raving about their goofy families, irritating people, swap elements driving us insane, countdowns for this/that the other... We need the little box....

Oh no Holly! My coworker had shingles a couple months ago, and I don't know if it was related or not, but she ended up with pneumonia at the same time.

I don't know you, but from your posts, I can tell you are a wondeful momma to Bubba. The best thing you can do for him right now is to take care of you. Hugs!

Steph

Nancy
I'd love weekly road trips just to meet you all. I think he learned his lesson He spent the night on the edge of the bed probably afraid I'd kick him out of it if I knew he was there. He even dug out the AC from the basement at 11 pm that night trying to get back on my good side, it was 2 floors down! NEVER EVER touch my box. Today he never has said a word about the time I've spent on it he'd better not I helped split and stack a cord of wood and it was a maple that rotted from the inside out. Still the bottem 50' was 2-3' across!!

Holly hope the dr got you some relief. repeat after me I am an awesome mom, I am an awesome mom.

Holly, how can you say you are not a good Mom for Bubba, You always put him first and foremost, just as your Mom did for you. Her legacy continues on, you can't fault that. :hug:

I am so sorry you have shingles. DH got them one year while we were on vacation at WDW. It was painful for him, he had a complete rash over the trunk of his body.

Pullleeeease, take care of yourself, and vent all you want with us. We are here for you.

Well, my day consisted of:

Organized materials to bring to SDV.
Getting DD up and ready for camp
Calling Mom to see when she was arriving to pick up DD. Turns out she oversleep.
Caffeinated
Work
Got a call from DD's Camp. Sigh, don't even ask
Scramble for care for DD for the rest of the week.
Talked to my peeps to help me regroup my nerves
Grocery Store
Dinner
LONG talk with DD about her antics at camp and how disappointed we were in her.:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter