The Darlings Caved Already! A Sept. '12 PTR -- Sept. 26 - TR link posted!

Congrats on getting the new job! And an extra hooray for not having to worry about getting time off for your upcoming trip, that's doubly great!:cheer2:

Congrats on the new job!!! pixiedust:
Yay! Congrats on the job!
Congrats on the new job!! I worked at LaSenza over Xmas a couple years ago you also get great staff bonuses often!
Thank you all for the congrats!

Congrats on the new job!

I love watching the equestrian events on the Olympics...I have a lot of the Olympics recorded that I haven't watched yet, so I hope Team Canada was able to rebound!
Thank you!
Team Canada did ok, 5th overall. Not bad considering our handicap!

Congrats on the job! :cheer2: :cool1:
Congrats on the new job:thumbsup2 Sounds like you will have a good schedule and you get the time you need for Disney, can't beat that!:yay:
Congrats on getting the new job! And an extra hooray for not having to worry about getting time off for your upcoming trip, that's doubly great!:cheer2:
Thank you all! Yes, it's very comforting knowing I won't have to worry about my time off for Disney! :thumbsup2

I made it over to your PTR from the link in your post on my trip report. :)

Thanks to your links I think I'm caught up! I read with interest your posts on the dessert party--We went to it for the first time during our last trip in May/June. I read on the Wishes dessert party ADR thread that a lot of people do the phantom baby. I think that Disney probably has a certain number of tables that only seat 2 and those get filled, and then they are hesitant to put two at a bigger table that can seat 3 or 4---It's all about the $$$$, I'm sure.

:woohoo: for being one of the first to stay in the Little Mermaid section of AoA!

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like great hours, steady work, and you don't have to deal with too many people. Hooray!

Congrats on not one, but two jobs. Does this mean you will have to cut back on your DISing? :rotfl:

I made it over to your PTR from the link in your post on my trip report. :)

Thanks to your links I think I'm caught up! I read with interest your posts on the dessert party--We went to it for the first time during our last trip in May/June. I read on the Wishes dessert party ADR thread that a lot of people do the phantom baby. I think that Disney probably has a certain number of tables that only seat 2 and those get filled, and then they are hesitant to put two at a bigger table that can seat 3 or 4---It's all about the $$$$, I'm sure.

:woohoo: for being one of the first to stay in the Little Mermaid section of AoA!

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by!
I am sure Disney has a reason for offering lots of three person tables when more people want two, but since lots of people are doing the Phantom baby I wonder if it's not really working out for them, you know? :confused3
So excited for that Little Mermaid room!! :hyper:

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like great hours, steady work, and you don't have to deal with too many people. Hooray!
Thanks! It's been working out pretty good so far!

Congrats on not one, but two jobs. Does this mean you will have to cut back on your DISing? :rotfl:
Thank you! And apparently so! I haven't been able to get on for any length of time to catch up! I woke up extra early this morning so after walking the dogs, getting a shower and eating breakfast, I actually had Dis time before work! :thumbsup2

<read in singsong voice of Beauty and the Beast:>

Bonjour!
Bonjour!
Bonjour, bonjour, bonjour!

Happy Friday peeps! Today is my first official TGIF since college. My last job had me working most Saturdays, but this Monday - Friday gig is nice, I could get used to this!

Guess what!?

562697_10151026124542989_1884288455_n.jpg

It's my last day in the 30's!!! Yesterday was exactly a month until check in!

Also yesterday I got my Old Navy order in the mail. Yup, another one. Had to get more shorts! I discovered that despite changing my eating habits for the better, and exercising every single day since April, I have not lost one single solitary pound and still can not fit into most of my shorts. *Cue screaming in frustration*. My sister in law, a nurse, told me to get blood work to check for thyroid problems. Sure! If only I weren't phobic of needles. :sad2:

Annnnyway, despite my frustrations with my body, I am super excited about going to Disney again! Starting to get very real for me now!

I'll get on with the day to day plans!

Day 4

Wednesday, September 19

After three long days, we're going to take it slow this day. Wake up, get ready and head to a first for us -- Kona Cafe!

Since we'll be on the monorail loop, we are planning to go from Kona to our favourite park --

320512_10150325847322989_100057877_n.jpg

Epcot!!

So we will probably head to The Land first,

215551_10150166461487989_6989638_n.jpg

...to get some Soarin' fastpasses,
317222_10150325848582989_1523211963_n.jpg

Then hop over to Living with the Land to take a picture of the lemon.
216018_10150166459712989_1920335_n.jpg

And possibly Circle of Life, depending on how much time we have before Soarin';
215471_10150166461637989_962196_n.jpg

Off to the Seas to find some fish,
304195_10150325848387989_2061362217_n.jpg

We will mourn the absence of Test Track availability. I'm going to miss doing that ride this year! I hope the new changes are worth it.

We will see Ellen and Bill;
222380_10150166460587989_814249_n.jpg

And check on the Mars Rover;
217160_10150166460767989_5370659_n.jpg

After completing everything we want to in Future World, we will head on over to the World Showcase!

And this is where I leave you for today. I have to run, gotta get ready for work!

Monday through Friday gets old.....:rotfl2:.....fast.......:rotfl2: but I hope it doesn't for you! :goodvibes

I don't get the whole not being able to lose weight. I mean I get IT, but am not sure why that is happening to you. Are you logging your calories in a calorie counter.

I find that I do 100 percent better when I log every calorie and put my exercise in there. If you are negative, you should start to see a change. Maybe not so much on the scale, but the way things fit. I hope you see a change soon. I know how frustrating that is. :headache:

Great Epcot day! Sounds pretty much perfect! :thumbsup2

Oooh, a Kona breakfast! You know I approve of that ADR choice.:rotfl:

It is sad having Test Track down; it's such a classic that it's hard picturing youself in Epcot without taking a spin on it. (I know Alex is very frustrated that we'll have gone to WDW twice and both times he'll miss this attraction.)

How exciting, though, that you're a month away from your vacation!!!!!:cool1::cheer2: Just one short month to go before you're checking into the new LM room! :goodvibes

Less than a month and you'll be at Disney...that calls for a dancin' 'nanaman (or three)!

:banana::banana::banana:

Oh, yum, Kona for breakfast...it's a must on every trip for us!

Your plans sound like a great Epcot morning (only being able to ride Test Track could make it picture perfect)!

I hope you enjoy your new Monday thru Friday schedule...it's nice having a "real weekend"!

Love a Kona breakfast. For that matter, I also love a Kona dinner! ;)

:woohoo: on 30 days! This last month will fly by!

Monday through Friday gets old.....:rotfl2:.....fast.......:rotfl2: but I hope it doesn't for you! :goodvibes

I don't get the whole not being able to lose weight. I mean I get IT, but am not sure why that is happening to you. Are you logging your calories in a calorie counter.

I find that I do 100 percent better when I log every calorie and put my exercise in there. If you are negative, you should start to see a change. Maybe not so much on the scale, but the way things fit. I hope you see a change soon. I know how frustrating that is. :headache:

Great Epcot day! Sounds pretty much perfect! :thumbsup2
Oh I expect Monday to Friday will get old, but it is nice having some structure in my life. It's been a long time since I've had such a thing!
I was logging my calories, but I was getting conflicting advice. Some say that you should intake 2000, some say 1500, some say that your exercise calorie burn should be greater than your intake, it's very confusing. But logging didn't seem to help either. Asking my doctor is out, he's an absolute idiot who last time I mentioned my concern about my weight told me "everyone gains weight as they get older." and to basically get over it. :mad: I'm looking for another doctor. I'd just like some guidance. Even if someone told me "you've just got to work harder" -- fine! At least I'd know, you know? :rotfl2:

Oooh, a Kona breakfast! You know I approve of that ADR choice.:rotfl:

It is sad having Test Track down; it's such a classic that it's hard picturing youself in Epcot without taking a spin on it. (I know Alex is very frustrated that we'll have gone to WDW twice and both times he'll miss this attraction.)

How exciting, though, that you're a month away from your vacation!!!!!:cool1::cheer2: Just one short month to go before you're checking into the new LM room! :goodvibes
I'm so excited for my first time in Kona! :cool1:
Test Track never made it to one of my favourites lists, but now that it won't be there I'm feeling like I had taken it for granted. :rolleyes:

Less than a month and you'll be at Disney...that calls for a dancin' 'nanaman (or three)!

:banana::banana::banana:

Oh, yum, Kona for breakfast...it's a must on every trip for us!

Your plans sound like a great Epcot morning (only being able to ride Test Track could make it picture perfect)!

I hope you enjoy your new Monday thru Friday schedule...it's nice having a "real weekend"!
Lots of good reviews on Kona, I can't believe I never tried it before now! :rotfl2:
After exactly one Monday to Friday work week, I must say I enjoy it so far!

Love a Kona breakfast. For that matter, I also love a Kona dinner! ;)

:woohoo: on 30 days! This last month will fly by!
Less than a month! Less than a month! :banana: :banana: So excited for Kona, so many people love it so much.

Yay for your trip coming up SO soon!!! Gotta love a Kona breakfast!!! :yay:
It's coming fast! My head is spinning!

Finally back...congrats on the job! I feel your pain from Saturdays...I work Fri-Sun :-( One day I will have Monday-Friday. Enjoy it!

Love the EP plan...after Nemo be sure to check out the aquarium in the pavilion there.

Wow you're under one month already!!! :dance3:

Isn't trying to lose weight so annoying? Ugh. I had a good few weeks, kept losing, and then last week I gained a stupid pound. :mad: For me, I realize that once I start losing steadily, then I get lazy and start eating more things...I have to track calories or points with Weight Watchers or I just cannot lose weight, I have to be held accountable for every little thing I eat. Have you tried that?

Your Epcot day looks awesome, I love that park sooooo much! :lovestruc

Sounds like an awesome day at Epcot :thumbsup2

I'm jealous that you have less than a month left!!! That's exciting :hyper:

I've been at a Monday-Friday job since mid-October (so close to a year) and it hasn't gotten old for me yet :confused3 I feel so lucky to work where I do and get every weekend off. :worship:

Finally back...congrats on the job! I feel your pain from Saturdays...I work Fri-Sun :-( One day I will have Monday-Friday. Enjoy it!

Love the EP plan...after Nemo be sure to check out the aquarium in the pavilion there.
Oooooh yes, I LOVE the aquariums in the Seas! I usually spend literally hours in there watching the fish and especially the dolphins! :thumbsup2

love LOVE kona! Hope you do too! We check in on sept 20th! one month tomorrow
WOO HOO for one month!! :woohoo: We're getting close! It's almost our turn!

Wow you're under one month already!!! :dance3:

Isn't trying to lose weight so annoying? Ugh. I had a good few weeks, kept losing, and then last week I gained a stupid pound. :mad: For me, I realize that once I start losing steadily, then I get lazy and start eating more things...I have to track calories or points with Weight Watchers or I just cannot lose weight, I have to be held accountable for every little thing I eat. Have you tried that?

Your Epcot day looks awesome, I love that park sooooo much! :lovestruc
I'm so sick of trying to lose weight! I have tried the calorie counters, (MyFitnessPal is what I was using) but it wasn't helping and it was just driving me nuts trying to tally everything. Maybe I should give it another hook though, I'm getting pretty frustrated!

Sounds like an awesome day at Epcot :thumbsup2

I'm jealous that you have less than a month left!!! That's exciting :hyper:

I've been at a Monday-Friday job since mid-October (so close to a year) and it hasn't gotten old for me yet :confused3 I feel so lucky to work where I do and get every weekend off. :worship:
I'm glad to hear you like your Monday to Friday job after a year! I've worked weekends for so long now that I hope if I ever start to feel that Mon - Fri gets old I can draw on how much it sucked to work every weekend! :rotfl:

Good morning everyone!

I woke up this morning nice and early, took the dogs for their walk, went to feed the horses and saw blood everywhere. :scared1: Panic!! With the amount of blood in the stall I literally thought one of the horses has to be dead somewhere. But both came inside for their grain and it was Teeka who was covered in blood.

(Teeka is this beautiful girl:
951035187_a84a176f31_o.jpg
)

It was on her nose, shoulder, elbow, chest and all down her leg and hoof. I had to hose her off before I could figure out where it was coming from! A tiny cut on her inside right foreleg. Relatively small considering the amount of blood that came from it (although of course a horse's legs are where most of their blood circulates so I guess it's to be expected.) Thankfully it has clotted and stopped bleeding, the skin is a mess and she will definitely scar but I've got some antibiotic salve on it now and I think it should be fine. What a way to start a morning! I feel tired already and I have yet to get to work!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other, Disney related news...

582696_10151036561497989_1635321275_n.jpg

HOLY COW are we close!!!!!!! :cool1:

When I log into my Disney account, I see a little message that says this:

"Reminders

On September 06, 2012, in 15 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online."

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I left my Disney clipboard out in the rain the other day and so all my papers were a mess. That's ok though, it just meant that I had to re-organize everything. I'm getting some things from my to-do list checked off!

My main concern was shoes, and I got that checked off! Johnny got a new pair of crocs.

blue_crocs.jpg

He recognizes the fashion atrocity that they are, but it's the only thing he finds comfortable for long days of walking for his flat feet. At least he got them in black!

I got these:

SWS2908-11.jpg

They're made from recycled yoga mats. They're really squishy and they feel like they're going to be really comfortable.

We have also checked on locker sizes, bought all our toiletries, got our clothes sorted (and some packed!) I got my hair cut and got some highlights, I have re-checked all my ADRs and an in the process of making a new itinerary and ADR list to print and take.

We really need to decide on which cameras to take. Between Johnny and I, we have 7 cameras, and 5 of those are ones we want to take. 5 cameras for two people is ridiculous so we're doing some cutting. Our options include:

Canon Rebel T3i: My SLR and a definite, this is absolutely hands down, coming with me no matter what.
pop_canon_t3i_main.jpg

Canon Rebel XT: My old SLR that Johnny adopted. He wants to take it so he can take nice pictures too. It's a strong possibility.
canon-rebel-xt-1-1.jpg

Canon PowerShot A495: Johnny's work camera. A really nice little compact camera, really great for slipping in your pocket and taking every day pictures. This is also a strong contender.
33948039-2-440-OVR-1.gif

FujiFilm J12: My point and shoot. I love it, it's small, takes a great picture and slides in a pocket really easily. The Canon takes a better picture indoors though, and so the Fuji might not be making the trip this time.
AAAADDGCvJ0AAAAAAA5omA.jpg

FujiFilm Z33 WP: Johnny's water proof camera. Takes wonderful under water pictures but only so-so pictures of everything else. I would cut this except for the underwater sound system in the Nemo pool that I want to get some video of. It's probably coming with us.
83009947-260x260-0-0_FUJIFILM+FUJI+FINEPIX+Z33WP+DSC+PINK+10MPIX+3X+WAT.jpg

So, decisions, decisions! I bet we take 4, excluding the J12 but we'll see.

So that's it for now, I've got to get a move on with my day to day plans because I'm going to be there soon!

OMG - I am glad Teeka is OK. I guess its like a scalp wound - they bleed and bleed. Poor girl.

You have an impressive array of cameras. How awesome to have so many choices. I really want to get an underwater camera before I go on the cruise next year. I guess I have plenty of time to decide.

Cute sandals! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter