*The Dave Ramsey 'Baby Steps' Thread*

if you have at&t as your carrier check into the aarp discount. we get something like $10 per line for it and another $10 per line for doing direct pay from our checking account-it adds up.
Ooh, nice! We don't currently have AT&T, but that's good to know if we're ever looking to switch. Thanks!!

Just found this group :) My wife and I sort of did the Ramsey system. we love him. We are debt free, one kid thru college, one in college, don't owe money to anyone. Its just the daily/monthly life that kills us :) Retirement is set up great, we just need to survive to get there :) Oh the other pain point for us is my van is getting old but praying it holds on long enough to save what we need for the next car..
one area we never subscribed was the credit card thing. :( always felt guilty about that but.. we never carry a balance. We don't spend more than we need to (because of my wife's constant restraint of me :) )

Just found this group as well! My DH and I started our debt free journey in 2017 and paid off our debt (aside from our mortgage) in 2018. We have completed steps 4 and 5. We were working on step 6, paying off our mortgage, but we had to stop paying extra on it at the moment. Our DD goes to a private school and we do not qualify for financial aid so we have been cash flowing that. Go figure, not having debt has played into our ability to afford the school. While yes, we can "afford" it, it is still quite tight. Thank you EveryDollar for helping us to track our spending. After doing it for so long, I feel like it is muscle memory and I have a sense for where I am in my spending and saving. Our financial planner constantly stresses to us how good we are with money and savings. You really only know your own finances and so it is interesting to hear his perspective. Once he asked me if having multiple savings accounts and budgets stresses me out and I said it is the complete opposite! It brings me peace.

I will never go back to being in debt!!

Just found this group :) My wife and I sort of did the Ramsey system. we love him. We are debt free, one kid thru college, one in college, don't owe money to anyone. Its just the daily/monthly life that kills us :) Retirement is set up great, we just need to survive to get there :) Oh the other pain point for us is my van is getting old but praying it holds on long enough to save what we need for the next car..
one area we never subscribed was the credit card thing. :( always felt guilty about that but.. we never carry a balance. We don't spend more than we need to (because of my wife's constant restraint of me :) )

Just found this group as well! My DH and I started our debt free journey in 2017 and paid off our debt (aside from our mortgage) in 2018. We have completed steps 4 and 5. We were working on step 6, paying off our mortgage, but we had to stop paying extra on it at the moment. Our DD goes to a private school and we do not qualify for financial aid so we have been cash flowing that. Go figure, not having debt has played into our ability to afford the school. While yes, we can "afford" it, it is still quite tight. Thank you EveryDollar for helping us to track our spending. After doing it for so long, I feel like it is muscle memory and I have a sense for where I am in my spending and saving. Our financial planner constantly stresses to us how good we are with money and savings. You really only know your own finances and so it is interesting to hear his perspective. Once he asked me if having multiple savings accounts and budgets stresses me out and I said it is the complete opposite! It brings me peace.

I will never go back to being in debt!!

Welcome to both of you! I love how people pop into this thread to share how the Baby Steps' financial principles helped them break through debt and plan for the future!

We're in a similar boat. Debt free, but college and the monthly grind still makes everything tight. However, I am thankful we learned all this many years ago. We are so disciplined today because of it!

Wrapping up March!

--No changes in the Baby Steps.

--Dug deep this month and turned in our coins at Coinstar, haha! We love getting a no-fee gift card to Amazon, and then using it for household purchases.

--Still saving for upcoming bills and expenses.

April budget is set!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter