The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmasimage.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS DDA!!!

congrats Deb
I was going to quote your almost there and got this instead

Goodnight everyone and have a Merry Christmas.

O.K. everyone........Santa is done here!!

Merry Christmas to all and to ALL a goodnight :thumbsup2

Lynn

Hello and Merry Christmas!!

I have missed you all the past two days!

Yesterday something exciting happened and I couldn't wait to share it with all of you

As most of you know Steve is adopted = this article appeared on the front page of our newspaper yesterday - his picture was huge on the front page and above the fold!! I am so proud to be his wife and wanted to share this with all of you!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061223/NEWS01/612230344/-1/all

I have to get the kids settled - of course Nick has an ear infection which got out of control at my in-laws while we were opening presents - poor little thing is so sick and my only option would be to go to the ER - motrin seems to be working and my doctor did prescribe some ear drops so I hope those work!!!

I will try to be back in a little bit

Hi Kate,

That brought a tear to my eye. I sent it to both of my kids and told them this was the true meaning of Christmas.

Hope Nick feels better!:santa: :santa:

Merry Christmas DDA!!!!

Gee I missed all of you while the boards were down.

Glynis and Becky, good thoughts for your MIL and grandpa. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Deb, love the pictures.

Kristine love your pictures.

Janet, Lindsay, Vicki, Tammi , Kate, Elizabeth, Terry, Theresa and everyone else who was on when the boards came back :yay: :yay: :yay:

My son-in-law is busy putting the stuff under the tree.:santa: :santa: :santa:

I got my youngest grandson a Tickle Me Elmo!!!!:dance3: :dance3:

Good nite all. I've gotta get a bit of sleep before present opening time. :santa:

did santa visit everyones houses yet..or still waiting for kids to fall asleep?!

Santa just visited our house! His elves forget to pack the cash so he left notes that he called Mrs. Claus to put $50 in their mom's account for them and that they need to ask mom to write a check for them. Don't you just love it!

Thanks!

I really can't think about what he went through when he was little - or I would cry all the time

he has really turned it into a posititve force in his life -

sometimes he might try to talk me into something by saying - BUT I grew up in an orphanage...

I tell him that was not my fault and I don't have to make up for it ;) - I know I have no heart!!

The hardest thing for me is the family that almost adopted him and then put him on an airplane with a social worker when he was 6 - think about kids who are 6 - what must that have done to him?

The only part of his story I can't tell without crying was when he lived with his parents -

The orphanage had decided he was not to be considered adoptable - mainly b/c of the family in Arizone and how devastated he had been -

but his parents had fallen in love with him -his parents did not want children of their own but his dad says when he saw him he instantly fell in love with him and knew he was his son -

so they put them on a one year trial - to make sure everyone wanted this - and Steve knew that - about a month before the trial was up Steve really started acting up = the counslers told them it was b/c he knew the deadline was coming up and that if they decided not to keep him - he could say it was b/c he was bad not b/c they didn't love him

so one day he was being really bad and his dad grabbed him by the shoulders and said to him - "I don't care how horrible you act or how bad you are - I am your dad and you are my son and I love you - you will live with us forever no matter what you do!!"

they said after that they never had problems with him again!!

What a horribly :sad: and yet :hug: story! I'm so happy that they found each other.

Too Funny. Hunter just informed me that he has his alarm set for 6:30 AM we had told them not to get up before then :confused3

:rotfl: My kids always did the same thing (which I just found out last night). They asked when they could get up this morning and I told them 7:00 if they wake up, 8:00 if they use the alarm!

I guess I am still technically the "newbie", but I absolutely love coming to the DDA thread and chatting with everyone, and meeting DDA members was one of the highlights of our trip! (DH adores Stephanie's sister. He told me after we all met for lunch that he enjoyed meeting each of my DDA friends, but Kevin is his favorite.)

I am looking forward to a wonderful new year, chatting on the boards and hopefully getting to meet more of you in person!:)

Chuck really enjoyed meeting all of my DDA friends as well. He keeps asking if anyone is going to be there in Feb. Unfortunately, I keep having to tell him no. Anyone want to plan a trip to make a man happy?

Good morning, DDA!

19.gif

Nicholas just got up and Alyssa is still sleeping. We are giving her a few more minutes and then waking her up.​

The apple/toffee is the one I was wanting to make. But I thought I better make something I know everyone will eat. Let us know how it turns out!
I will. I hope my kids like it. I'm also making the caramelized bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter