The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth - I'm sorry to hear about Amanda, our fur babies really do become family members.

I really could use some prayers and Pixie Dust. My youngest brother, who is 38, married and father of two, has been having medical problems, at first they thought it might be Vertigo, the tests proved that it wasn't and now they suspect MS.

Please add him to your prayer list.

Thank you,

Debbie

:hug:

Well, can I ask for some prayers too?

I spoke with my dad today. Turns out my uncle, his brother, was taking a routine stress test that is needed for his job. It wasn't good so they sent him to the doctor. He has 5 blocked arteries and needs open heart surgery. On Friday he has a consult with the doctor and I think they are going to try to schedule the surgery for Monday. My dad's side of the family is so unhealthy. I hope I don't have his genes!

:hug: prayers the surgery goes well.

are you losing your mind??? If so, join the club:rotfl:

Well, as a matter of fact I think I am! This post, however, was just one where I answered a previously answered (x2 or 3) question again, so I was sparing the boring post :rolleyes: :rotfl:

The Boy Scouts here are planning 2 big trips in the coming summer's. First they are planning a trip to Montreal for this Summer. It is for 5 days including the weekend prior to our WDW vacation. For obvious reasons this isn't going to work for us. Nick doesn't feel comfortable going away for 5 days with the Scouts as he just met them last month. I guess he will be passing on the first one. The second one is to Montana in late July 2008. The dates don't conflict with our WDW plans, but I don't think that I'll be able to get away for another 10 -11 days after our 3 week trip. Nick would really like to go on that trip and since it is a year and a half away maybe he'll feel comfortable going without us for 11 days. If they can't raise enough money by 2008 it may get postponed to 2009 in which case we may be taking a family trip to Montana. YellowStone, the Grand Tetons and Glacier Park. It sounds like a great time, but there are so many factors between now and then we will have to see how it all plays out.

im so glad today is almost over--such a long long day!

Im so ready for the weekend!!! hope you all had a great day--im sure ill be able to chat over the weekend!

Deb is Chris around?
I need to ask him what he thinks of the Toyota 4 Runner.
My DSD is looking at maybe.

Well, as a matter of fact I think I am! This post, however, was just one where I answered a previously answered (x2 or 3) question again, so I was sparing the boring post :rolleyes: :rotfl:

ahhhhhh....I thought that might be the case...but I thought I would tease you anyway!!:goodvibes

Tia,
Hope Terra's eye is o.k. now.

I am wiped out, off to bed.

:hug: 's for you all!!!

The Boy Scouts here are planning 2 big trips in the coming summer's. First they are planning a trip to Montreal for this Summer. It is for 5 days including the weekend prior to our WDW vacation. For obvious reasons this isn't going to work for us. Nick doesn't feel comfortable going away for 5 days with the Scouts as he just met them last month. I guess he will be passing on the first one. The second one is to Montana in late July 2008. The dates don't conflict with our WDW plans, but I don't think that I'll be able to get away for another 10 -11 days after our 3 week trip. Nick would really like to go on that trip and since it is a year and a half away maybe he'll feel comfortable going without us for 11 days. If they can't raise enough money by 2008 it may get postponed to 2009 in which case we may be taking a family trip to Montana. YellowStone, the Grand Tetons and Glacier Park. It sounds like a great time, but there are so many factors between now and then we will have to see how it all plays out.

If you go to that area any time.....we can give you pointers!!! We love that area!!! That's Jimmy home....he lived near Glacier most of his life.

I've had the major yawns today....I just don't know what's up.

Got the results back from blood work...I am normal...or I should say my blood is normal. :rotfl2: But my weight is back up......I've gotta get this figured out. :confused:

Deb is Chris around?
I need to ask him what he thinks of the Toyota 4 Runner.
My DSD is looking at maybe.

Yep, he's right here. I actually had a 1995 4 runner and loved it. The only reason we sold it was that it only sat 5 and I need room for 6 when I have all 5 kids. Otherwise I would still be driving it. In fact my brother bought an identical 4 runner when I did and his wife still drives theirs. They run forever. The biggest issue here is rust, but Florida doesn't have road salt so that wouldn't be an issue.

Ask away, Chris is reading along.

If you go to that area any time.....we can give you pointers!!! We love that area!!! That's Jimmy home....he lived near Glacier most of his life.

I may take you up on that. The scouts are trying to come up with an itenerary, but don't know the area that well. One of the scout leaders has been on a few vacations, but her knowledge seems limited. They want ideas for activities that are appropriate for a group of boys aged 12 -18.

I may take you up on that. The scouts are trying to come up with an itenerary, but don't know the area that well. One of the scout leaders has been on a few vacations, but her knowledge seems limited. They want ideas for activities that are appropriate for a group of boys aged 12 -18.

There's a lot to do for that age....white water rafting on the Yellowstone comes to mind first...not quite as wild as the Colorado River but still a good time. Plus there are some hot pots along the river.

There's a lot to do for that age....white water rafting on the Yellowstone comes to mind first...not quite as wild as the Colorado River but still a good time. Plus there are some hot pots along the river.

They mentioned a raft trip, but I think they were thinking Grand Tetons area and I'm sure he said it wasn't white water rafting. I'll have to do a little online research if they decide to proceed. I think the biggest hurdle will be the cost. They were projecting a budget of $16000, but that is very dependant on airfare. I'm not sure how a bunch of kids are going to raise that kind of money in 18 months. It will be interesting to see how they proceed. I'm just relieved that I am not in a leadership role at this level :banana: It's nice to just be a parent for a change.

I'm looking forward to a trip sometime in my life to Yellowstone and the other parks out that way. I would love to go camping there.

Aunt Stell is home from the hospital. They tell her that she is 99% fine and is able to continue her regular life. She got lucky. Thanks for all your thoughts & prayers. I have lots of aunts & uncles. I do not look forward to each passing year. We have been very lucky that we have lost so few of us.

Until my father died in the car accident 8-1/2 years ago, every one of my grandparents decendents who survived birth were still alive including my grandparents. My dad has 12 brothers & sisters, 11 of them married, and 10 of them had children. I have lots & lots of cousins, second cousins, third cousins ... you get the picture. I was very close to all of them growing up. Since losing my father, my grandmother died after having something similar to alzheimers, grandpa died a year or so later from a broken heart (he told us it was just too hard to go on without her), my Aunt Carol died of complications from adult onset diabetes which she had battled for years, and one uncle by marriage died. One of these days, the flood gates are going to open and I will be attending funerals left & right.

My mom has 8 brothers & sisters when you include those that are 1/2. We have lost quite a few on that side but we were not close with them except for my favorite aunts husband who we lost 24 years ago and my grandparents. My grandfather died of old age when I was 16 and my grandmother died when I was 23.

I dread them all getting older. It hit me hard when we heard about Aunt Stell. She is one of those that was special to dad. She was his older sister and there was only one older. They all have had illnesses where they have been in the hospital but very seldom is it anything life threatening. I dread the flood gates. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter