• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Definitive Tier 1 DHS FP Strategy post 8/29

Ah. I am not sure if I’m allowed to link to another message board, but I’m gonna try it because I’ve found this link helpful https://forum.touringplans.com/t/current-same-day-fp-drops/60645/8
From the above linked forum, some posts say they know some "drop times" for same-day FPs:
"
For those who don’t know, WDW usually drop more FPs into the system at points during the day for that same day. These do count towards your normal FPs, so the usual tiering rules apply - only one tier 1 FP in your first 3, if you are in the same park. You can modify an existing FP, or book a new one if you are eligible.

The current FP drop times are:

AK - 11.01, 1.01, 3.01, 5.01
HS - 9.31, 12.01, 2.31
EP - 11.31, 1.31, 3.31
MK - no specific drop times

None of these times are guaranteed, and you may not see the same ride availability at each drop."

Then more refinement:
"EP
Test Track & Soarin’: 11:31
Test Track, Soarin’ & Frozen: 1:31, 3:31
Frozen only: 9:31, 9:37, 9:57, 10:07, 10:37
HS: 9:31, 12:01, 2:31
AK Tier 1: 11:01, 1:01, 3:01, 5:01
AK Tier 2: 9:01, 1:27, 1:49, 2:18
MK - no set pattern"

So my revised FP plan is as follows:

9:55 FP for Rockin Rollercoaster
10:55 FP for Muppets 3D
(11:55 Droids Reservation)
12:55 FP for Star Tours (look for other FPs as soon as we tap in for this)

We're going for EEMH, so we'll try to get some of the TSL rides and ToT done in those early morning hours.

Thanks heaps for this thread. I plan to follow along until our trip in Oct / November. With the tier changes in HS, I ended up deciding our strategy was to enter HS 3 times across our 7 day trip.

Once- for EEMH on Nov 1. Where we’re hoping to ride MF:SM & all Toy Story land attractions. Before heading back to the hotel to nap & rest before the Halloween party. Based on the EasyWDW blog; this seems realistic.

Next - after a resort morning around 1:30, with a Oga’s Cantina reservation before we hop over to Epcot for dinner & Epcot Forever. (We have a RnRR FP & are hoping to get ToT in as well before we walk over to Epcot).

And then finally- a HS “day” where we have SDD FPs. Though we have dinner plans at California Grill, so I want to be out by 4pm. I would hopefully like to get through all 5 Tier One’s in this day, though I’m sure at this point we‘ll be okay if we can’t.

It’s been a weird few days with Dorian I know, but I’m keen to see what kind of FP’s people are picking up on the day off so we can work out a strategy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter