• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn...I just added III to the list and already on IV! You guys talk too much!

Bob it's great to see you here. I was in Pittsburgh yesterday and went to the Phipps Conservatory and the Carnegie Museum.

Ok, so yesterday I learn that there is a little boy in my 5 y/o DD's class that likes to hold her hand in the playground. So I asked her, "Who is Cameron?"

She looks at me and says "He's my boy."

"But I thought I was your boy." I said.

She smiles, "Ok, you can be my boy to."

Looks like it might be time to dust off the old Lousville Slugger and get some batting practice....

uh oh!:scared1:

Mine is 16 and she knows I have it ready. So do the boys. And they all think I am crazy enough to use it.

CJ, I will be there someday but I hope time goes by very slowly.:worship:

My DD is only 2, but I'm dreading when she turns 16!!
2 is a great age for a girl, I want my daughter to remian 2 forever.:thumbsup2

OK.
Disdads.com web hosting is set up. A base WordPress install is in place. I've found a theme that I think will work. It's not perfect, but it'll get us started. If any of you fellow Dads have graphics skills, I'd love any contributions you might come up with.

It will take a while for DNS to propagate such that the site will be viewable by domain name. In the meantime, I can go ahead and get Email addresses set up. If anyone wants a disdads.com Email address, just send me a PM. I'll post the mail server information/instructions once the site is live. But I have to set up Email accounts one at a time, so the sooner I can start, the sooner I'll be finished.

I'll start adding content as soon as the site goes live. If anyone here would like to be a contributing author of the site, just let me know and I can set up author credentials for you.

You can see a sample of the theme that I'm planning to install here - http://demo.camelgraph.com/disneymagic/

Very cool.:thumbsup2

Chris and Mike I love the pics!:thumbsup2

On a serious note we visited the crash site of flight 93 today. It is a very moving place. There is only a temporary memorial but people leave things there and it is very interesting. But over all its sad.:sad2:

Holding steady at $660.00 for GKTW!

Riding Donald Duck. Whose idea was that? I haven't looked through them all yet, but the thread looks cool.

That's a great idea. Beyond my field of expertise, but I'd be sure to check it out. Maybe the website can generate enough revenue through ads that disdads.com could sponser a NASCAR race car.

there are some clever captions for those pictures sometimes. It is fun to watch the thread even if I dont have a caption for a week.

Thanks Steve.

I might give it a try, I'll wait for a better pic to come up, this weeks pic should have some interesting captions:lmao:

For the pic you submitted I would have captioned it as -- A line cutter, Lets get him.

I like the caption you came up with ha ha. If I ever get to post one again I have one of Lauren at dinner from the cruise that should bring about a few clever captions

I have finally found a home! And acceptance!
Welcome Home!
Speaking of old Disney photos ~ When I was stationed in San Diego, I made a trip up to DisneyLand with 3 of my Navy buddies on 8/21/71. Here are the photos I can find of the trip. Funny, I haven't seen or heard from any of these guys, except Goofy, since we graduated Radioman "A" School.
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing!

Totally on a whim, I just did a whois search and discovered that the domain name "disdads.com" was available.
That's quite a whim - I was thisclose to registering it on Friday! I didn't have any hosting set up, so I was going to wait. Nice job jumping on that!

Maybe for you but not here in South Florida. Yes the weather is beautiful but found out a little while ago that the refrigerator died. Must have happened yesterday afternoon/night. DD is in the kitchen throwing things out. NO WAY I could do that. There would be cheese ball hurls all over the place. Off to buy a new frig tomorrow. Well the kitchen needs to be refurbished so I guess this is the start.
We had this happen to. Luckily, it was during the winter, so we could just put everything outside until we got the fridge fixed. Just one of the benefits of living in Wisconsin!

OK.
Disdads.com web hosting is set up. A base WordPress install is in place. I've found a theme that I think will work. It's not perfect, but it'll get us started. If any of you fellow Dads have graphics skills, I'd love any contributions you might come up with.

It will take a while for DNS to propagate such that the site will be viewable by domain name. In the meantime, I can go ahead and get Email addresses set up. If anyone wants a disdads.com Email address, just send me a PM. I'll post the mail server information/instructions once the site is live. But I have to set up Email accounts one at a time, so the sooner I can start, the sooner I'll be finished.

I'll start adding content as soon as the site goes live. If anyone here would like to be a contributing author of the site, just let me know and I can set up author credentials for you.
DNS looks like it propagated. Looks great so far. I'd love to be an author, let me know what information you want. And as soon as DW gives my Mac back, I'll see what I can do for graphics.

Totally on a whim, I just did a whois search and discovered that the domain name "disdads.com" was available. I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but I couldn't help myself. I went ahead and registered the domain name for three years. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet. I think I have a hosting slot available with my webhost, so I could host it for free. A few ideas I've been playing around with (as I drove back from dropping DD at her acting class):
1) Offering free disdads.com Email addresses to all DISDads Club members
2) Setting up a Wordpress-powered website, and perhaps importing some of our "standard" information there - things like Qualifications, Man Laws, etc. Obviously with links back to here for discussion.
3) (Probably my most ambitious thought) Perhaps putting together a DISDads podcast. Disney from a Dad's perspective - being an adult male Disney Geek, Disney World and Disney Movie trivia, Disney travel tips, Disney trip planning, discussion of DDC Man Laws, etc.

Anyone else have thoughts? Suggestions? Things you'd like to see? I want to be VERY clear - I have no interest in pulling anyone's attention away from our DISDads Club threads or Disboards. I just thought it might be fun to extend the experience, and to give some of the enduring stuff a fixed home - we're already up to 8 preliminary posts to new DISDads Club threads - and make it easier to find some of those things that might get lost across multiple threads.

OK.

You can see a sample of the theme that I'm planning to install here - http://demo.camelgraph.com/disneymagic/

Aaron, that's very, very cool. Thanks for taking the lead! When I met with Don (Emma's Dad) on Friday, he actually mentioned that he was thinking of trying to create a DIS Dads website now that the group had become so large. You might want to get in touch with him and see if he had any ideas to contribute.

I have no clue how to design a website, but hopefully enough of the guys can lend their talents. Again, thanks for all the hard work! :thumbsup2

DUDE!! I am soooo excited to see this! As Mark was saying, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a web site for the Dad's club, but I'm not totally a web guy (I'm a database guy). Just visited the site, and I was just saying to my DW.... WOOHOO!! :woohoo::woohoo: This is just too freakin' cool! Thank you so much for getting the ball started. I'll be sending you a PM soon to get the email address and editor rights. For now... I've been beckoned to bed... can't deny a calling when you get one :cool2: You guys have a great night!

Will do! Could actually be sooner than later too... a very possible trip to Chicagoland (Hoffman Estates) is looming on the horizon in the next 3-4 weeks as the need just cropped up just yesterday.

Let me know as Hoffman is only 10 minute away from home.

Hey Dads...there is a new picture to caption on the photo caption contest thread if you want to jump over there and give it a whirl.

Thanks Steve, of course I added the caption before reading the rules, was I supposed to wait until Monday afternoon to post there?

Thanks Steve, of course I added the caption before reading the rules, was I supposed to wait until Monday afternoon to post there?

No you dont have to wait until Monday. You can post captions as soon as the picture goes up. The person just has until Monday to get the picture up. This week it was up early. I saw your post...it is a good one. I am having trouble thinking of anything this week. so far ...anyway.

DNS looks like it propagated. Looks great so far. I'd love to be an author, let me know what information you want. And as soon as DW gives my Mac back, I'll see what I can do for graphics.

I have no idea what a propagating DNS means, but I'll assume it's a good thing. The website looks great!

AJRitz:Aaron, site looks great!

Mijo: Very cool "classic" pics. I was in DL back in 73 / 74 time frame as well, but I don't quite remember it as well (I was born in SD in 73) :lmao:

GoHeard: I've added the Game thread to my subscriptions. I'll try to come up with some good quotes.

So today we had 14 girls here for Mary's (DD#1) b-day party. We did tie-dye shirts, had pizza & cake and then the girls all headed downstairs for a "sleep-under".

All I can say is I'm eternally thankful for the great weather we had today, we were able to let the kids run around the yard while DW and I each helped a kid dye their shirt.

DW is currently passed out on the couch and I'm officially brain dead. Not quite sure what we were thinking, but all the kids seemed to have a great time.

OK - we're live. It's just bare bones so far. I made the first post, and have begun posting some of the info from our thread intros. If you're interested in participating regularly (or in making my job easier when you want to post comments) go ahead and register with the website (preferably using your DISboards user name). Registration is a little non-intuitive. Go to http://www.disdads.com and click the Login link at the bottom right of the page. Then, instead of trying to log in, click the link to Register. Once you're registered, you'll be able to login.

Initially, everyone who registered will listed as a subscriber. Anyone who wants to be able to write blog posts, just let me know and I'll elevate credentials to Author.

OK - we're live. It's just bare bones so far. I made the first post, and have begun posting some of the info from our thread intros. If you're interested in participating regularly (or in making my job easier when you want to post comments) go ahead and register with the website (preferably using your DISboards user name). Registration is a little non-intuitive. Go to http://www.disdads.com and click the Login link at the bottom right of the page. Then, instead of trying to log in, click the link to Register. Once you're registered, you'll be able to login.

Initially, everyone who registered will listed as a subscriber. Anyone who wants to be able to write blog posts, just let me know and I'll elevate credentials to Author.

Checked out the site.. it looks great!!

One problem though, it won't let me register my name. I think because I have an apostrophe in it. :confused3

Checked out the site.. it looks great!!

One problem though, it won't let me register my name. I think because I have an apostrophe in it. :confused3
I think the apostrophe is the problem - it looks like user names can only include alphanumeric characters and a few special characters (apostrophe not among them).

Hi Guys,

I haven't been around i awhile,sorry about that. Kids have kept me really busy.:scared1:

Heard that there is another father here in Japan. Who??

Hi, there, Tokyodisneydad. I'm the other guy in Japan. Just joined up here. I live in Nagoya and am about to take my family to WDW for the first time. We're going during golden week.

Someone asked on DISDads III what I do. I teach English in high school. It's the easiest job I've ever had and it is SO MUCH FUN! I also do some counseling at the International Center downtown and edit documents for individuals and companies preparing to publish journal articles or brochures, etc. in English.

I've lived in Nagoya for over 7 years, have been married for just over 5 years, and have a DD3princess: and DS2pirate:.

Have a good 'un, all!

whkento

MIJO nice pics mike!!! after all that i messed up. its not next weekend its the the following. we going next sat. to philly with the in laws. :thumbsup2
Well, enjoy Philly!
By the way, Toto and I are going to be very good friends! :thumbsup2

We get to Nagoya in the winter for skiing. You will love WDW with your family. I'm originally from Georgia. I also teach English here in Japan and have been here 12 years. I teach younger kids thn you though. You are right it is a great job to have and I make about twice as much as I did when teaching in the states. If you ever get to Machida or the Kanagawa area let me know.

Wally

For the fathers interested in the mystery game I mentioned--below is a link. It's a fairly new site and I recently moved my game over to this site. Look in the Fun and Games section.

http://forum.disneyqueen.co.uk/index.php

Great job on the Web site, Aaron! Thanks!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Can we add member photos?

great idea aaron!!! i managed to log in and thats about it for now.:lmao: ill have to fiqure out the rest of it.:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter