• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The DIS Dad's Club IV - Man Laws & Cheese Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done the guided trip the last two times that we have been down. I love to fish and thought that it would be great to fish in front of the Magic Kingdom. It was definatly worth it. I had my oldest son along for both trips (he was 6 for the 1st trip and 9 for the 2nd trip). He had a blast and caught a lot of fish. The cost was about $250.00 to fish on the pontoon boat for 2 hours and you can take up to five people. I think that the trips on the bass boats are a little more expensive.

I'll echo this, though I've always gone on the Nitro Bass Boat trip (I think it was 275.00--just don't tell my Bass Cat people I willingly stepped foot in a Nitro)......

I caught MORE fish in Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake---plus it's just righteously cool to have your picture taken holding fish in front of the castle...

But I caught BIGGER fish in World Showcase and it's canals---

Then again, I fished the two areas two totally different times of the year.

I'd say go for it---I intend to do it again when I get back

You've gotten some good feedback already, but I'll add my thoughts anyway. We were in an inside room for our trip a few years ago. I wouldn't do it again. I just need to be able to see light of dark outside from my room and without having to go to another deck. I also really wanted to wath us pull into ports early in the morning while everyone was getting ready. With that said, I have read that the new ships will have virtual port holes for the inside staterooms that will have live camera feeds from the outside of the ship (and an added bonus of occasional character visits to the port hole).

VERY NICE! :thumbsup2

that is true way cool when you see the graphics on the "Dreams" site and the new ship has "AquaDuck"
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/disney-cruise-line-ride-the-aquaduck/

PS I'm on her first cruise :cool1::cool1::yay::yay:

Gentlemen, thank you for your feedback re. the walkie talkies. I plan to get a Net 10 phone while I'm in the states, but am thinking I'll use the walkie talkies in the parks to save minutes and because it's more immediate.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post a little Dad News here.

On April 6th, at approximately 1135 AM, young Garreth Lake caught his first fish.....just look at this Shark he reeled in, I tell ya, the boy's a natural:thumbsup2

I was one proud DISDAD...he loves to fish with me, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

ry%3D480

Wally good to see you back here, and I remember the photos you posted of your beautiful DD's so I can feel for you (by the gun) :rotfl2: :rotfl2: glad you and Kent got to chat at least your in the same time zone!! (i think). :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 on another note Wally if you need help with security :confused3 :confused3 my not to bad looking 20 year old nephew is a Marine on Okinawa for the next three years if you want his address . :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
just kidding :thumbsup2

Hey Guys,

On April 6th, at approximately 1135 AM, young Garreth Lake caught his first fish.....just look at this Shark he reeled in, I tell ya, the boy's a natural:thumbsup2

I was one proud DISDAD...he loves to fish with me, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Nice catch Garreth! Did he clean it too?:rotfl:

They may fight just to get their teammates fired up, or as payback for a cheapshot. They're also out there to protect the "skill" players. Think of it like pitchers in baseball. If the star on one team gets hit with a pitch, you can usually count on someone on the offending team to get plunked later in the game. It's a way for the players to police themselves. At the minor league level, though, I think they're primarily out there to put fans in the seats. These two guys fought often. According to an article I read, this particualr fight was during a big game right before the playoffs in Toledo. During warmups, the big dude said to my neighbor "you wanna go tonight?". My neighbor says, "sure, let's give 'em a show!" What you saw on youtube was immediately after the opening face-off; no provocation whatsoever, just two dudes who felt like fighting. That's what's so crazy!

Richmond's big rival was from your neck of the woods, Hampton Roads. They had some epic battles. While not exactly legal, they're not entirely outlawed either. As you can see, the ref let's them go until they either fall down, tire out or quit. They'll spend time in the penalty box and in the NHL there is more of a chance of a suspension, but in the minors suspensions are less frequent- at least I never heard of them happening when I was going to the games.

Thanks for the info! Yeah... I may have to take the family to one of the Admirals games in the future.:thumbsup2

DID IT! $544 for 4 people, round trip.

:woohoo::woohoo: That's awesome! And here I thought I was getting a great deal when I got round trip tickets for the 3 of us for $443! Congrats!

you will never want to drive it again!!!

Nope!

I'm so disappointed in you Barry. :sad1: How are you gonna get those Cheeseballs down to FLA now?

Would one of the jars be considered carry on or check in luggage? :rotfl2:

When I was a kid in Syracuse we used to go to see the Blazers, a minor league hockey team. One year they were the second most penalized team in the league and played the most penalized team in a playoff game. If you ever saw the hockey movie Slap Shot with Paul Newman there was a scene where a fight broke out before the national anthem. This game was like that. Good fun for a pre-teen kid.

That's crazy! I bet you remember that game!

You guys post faster than I can keep up!!! :worship:

Sitting here planning my Wrestlemania trip next year---Wooo Hooo!!!

Yes... the pace has picked up a bit over the last few weeks. We are picking up more and more days everyday! I wonder how many are just lurking in the shadows?

all though DW and I always get a veranda most of our fellow cruise mates (and there are many) take the lowest price they can get. most people spend little or no time in the room there is just to much to do. rooms low in the ship (deck 2) are more stable as they are closer to the center of gravity. but you can hear the ship more. I.E. engine and such. the only reason for DW's insistence on a veranda is that she loves to sit out there and fall asleep to the sound of the water passing the ship. with seven DCL cruises behind us and six booked for 2010/2011 we are more than willing to help with info if you want.

Well... I have only taken one cruise that was not sponsored by the US Navy... and that cruise was on the Big Red Boat back in '97. Had an indoor stateroom 2 decks above the engine room. DW hated it... but I loved it. Felt like I was back on the aircraft carrier steaming around the Mediterranean Sea! :lmao: But if we were to cruise as a family, I was need at least a portal.

that is true way cool when you see the graphics on the "Dreams" site and the new ship has "AquaDuck"
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/10/disney-cruise-line-ride-the-aquaduck/

PS I'm on her first cruise :cool1::cool1::yay::yay:

The first cruise?! You're a brave (and lucky) man! I'm still trying to talk DW into sailing her in 2011!

Hey Guys,

ry%3D480

Awwwww... would you look at that! That is one seriously proud smile you got going on there! Congrats! This year I'll be taking my DD fishing for the first time... just need to decide when and where :thumbsup2

Hey Guys,

ry%3D480

Way to go Garreth! Fed, I really think you should have gotten it mounted. The look on his face is priceless, glad you got a picture of it.

I considered it, but even my two "Trophies" are fiberglass renditions and not skin mounts....I know, I know, it was only a two bit bluegill, but he really wanted me let him go so he could watch him swim off........

Maybe his first bass.....:lmao::lmao::banana::banana:

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

I understand, I keep telling them here that I'm not a "Northerner", I'm a Southern Canadian.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We might have come to a premature end of the "2 kids, 2 dogs, 1200 miles" series before I could finish the planned trilogy. Midwest Airlines has a deal going on called MasterCard Mondays. Book your flight on certain Mondays using your MasterCard and save $50 a person. Our family of 4 can fly round-trip, including fees & taxes for just under $550 for our December trip. It seems almost too good to be true. We've got a few ends to tie up with leaving the dogs here and arranging some transportation with DW's folks in Florida, but I could be pulling the trigger tonight!
:thumbsup2 what a deal

Hey Guys,

ry%3D480
what a catch!!! :thumbsup2

Hey Guys,

ry%3D480

very cool shot! love the look on his face. you should have gotten him to do the classic stand and hold out fish shot I think that would have been outstanding :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hey Guys,

ry%3D480

Hey Fed that is great. I remember when Michael my oldest caught his first fish. Here is the picture. Look way down by the tackle box and you can see the fish.:lmao: This was a few years back but certainly one of my proudest moments. I still get a tear in my eye when I see this picture.

24718_1429891152443_1387786683_31191423_4834622_n.jpg

Many years have past since that first fishing trip. Michael and I have gone on many fishing adventures since then but there is something about that first fishing trip that I will never forget. Here is a picture of our latest fishing trip. This is offically Michaels biggest fish. Same kid just a bigger fish.

24718_1429890032415_1387786683_31191422_2814517_n.jpg

I have another first fishing trip with Ethan coming up in a few weeks. I am really looking forward to that. He has been watching Mick and I for a couple years now. Seeing the pictures and hearing about the adventures and he is ready to go. Then in a few years I get to do it all over again with Gabe.

I can honestly say I love being a father! I can not understand these dads (and I use that term loosely) that don't spend time with their kids. Makes no sense.

Hey Fed that is great. I remember when Michael my oldest caught his first fish. Here is the picture. Look way down by the tackle box and you can see the fish.:lmao: This was a few years back but certainly one of my proudest moments. I still get a tear in my eye when I see this picture.

24718_1429891152443_1387786683_31191423_4834622_n.jpg

Many years have past since that first fishing trip. Michael and I have gone on many fishing adventures since then but there is something about that first fishing trip that I will never forget. Here is a picture of our latest fishing trip. This is offically Michaels biggest fish. Same kid just a bigger fish.

24718_1429890032415_1387786683_31191422_2814517_n.jpg

I have another first fishing trip with Ethan coming up in a few weeks. I am really looking forward to that. He has been watching Mick and I for a couple years now. Seeing the pictures and hearing about the adventures and he is ready to go. Then in a few years I get to do it all over again with Gabe.

I can honestly say I love being a father! I can not understand these dads (and I use that term loosely) that don't spend time with their kids. Makes no sense.

looks like another striper trip I didnt get a call for lol:rotfl2:

Alright dad's, putting the final touches on not one, but TWO TR's, will hopefully start posting by the end of this week. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, cheats, etc. that they want to share with a rookie?

Alright dad's, putting the final touches on not one, but TWO TR's, will hopefully start posting by the end of this week. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, cheats, etc. that they want to share with a rookie?

The best tip? Don't tell the guys on this thread about your TR. pirate:pirate:pirate: :rotfl2:

Just have fun with it. If you had fun on your trip, it will show in your report. Can't wait to start reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter